Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four]

+19
Mr. Gerbear
ezzelin
angel★
Rasei
AdiosBromigo
She-Ra
Aeiou
plotstickers
katagi
high seraph
chinomi
Five
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
* Baccano Girl Jeanne *
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
Luxaria
Ninfia
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

556Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Cure

Cure

Five wrote:Actually, what are the odds that Tiki (or whoever) decided to stun a mafia friend to throw us off? I mean, I can't see why Tiki (or mafia) would stun a townie who couldn't act anyway?

Also, yes, I stunned Sammiya. I had a little bit of a suspicion, and unless my role PM is just written poorly, I shouldn't be able to stun passive roles out of their powers. I am specifically able to stop people from acting. If I stopped Sammiya's passive role from activating... whoops? But that definitely shouldn't have been able to happen, as my role PM is pretty clear that I only make players unable to use actions.

It's pretty standard in some games (and not others) that passive bulletproof roles or passive revenge killing roles can be stunned out of their passives.

There was a game where Kotakia would reveal the name of her killer in thread when she died. Mafia stunned and killed her so her passive did not trigger.

Whether or not passives are disabled is often dependent on the host. I personally don't do it all the time (sometimes) because it's unfair if someone's entire role is a passive effect and it can be circumvented by a stun+kill. It's case by case. I could see it happening here, though.

557Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Cure

Cure

shrine guardian ezz wrote:Unless someone somehow copied the item that killed Plot without triggering an intermission that an item is in play, double death was not a result of the Item.

Hold on a second. Are you claiming responsibility for the current item?

558Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:36 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

The Item went somewhere safe. It'll come back.

I don't like claiming but if I don't at least take credit for the Item's disappearance, I'll just make things worse and that's the last thing I wanted to do. :I

Feel free to yell at me. I was frustrated that I missed the first one, and jumped on this one. Did not think it'd be a town duplicate. And now I'm even more frustrated cause I'll likely won't ever able to catch another one.

559Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Cure

Cure

Oh do you steal items, ezz?

560Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:37 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

Stealing is such a rough word. I borrow them.

561Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Five

Five

How exactly does that copy work, katagi? Like... how were you able to copy the gun item? Did you just say "I wanna copy the role that gave out that item" and then poof, you got it? Or... :|

Also, Cure, yeah, but... Nowhere in my role PM does it say the word "stun". It's very specific about mentioning player actions. If it weren't, I would have been sure to clarify that... I guess it looks like maybe I should have done so anyway. Hm.

562Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Cure

Cure

Um. Can you use them when you borrow them? What can you tell us about this item (if anything)? It might help us deduce the original role.

edit: @five. Yeah mine is also worded that way. But I think they still work conventionally as far as the role is concerned. i think my role should be very obvious at this point. I have pretty much hardclaimed, but on the off-chance that people still aren't sure what I am, I'm not going to clarify.

563Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

† ☾u♪e † wrote:Um. Can you use them when you borrow them? What can you tell us about this item (if anything)? It might help us deduce the original role.

Sadly, I don't learn anything about the nature of the Item that I borrow or I would have already shared that info right away.

564Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

☆☆katagi wrote:my thing is i can copy an ability once per game, so i decided to give a copy of whatever that gun-item was to nautie, but I thought it'd be instant (allowing nautie to use it during n2)... now it's kind of useless

Out of curiosity, how does this work? I'm guessing you'd have to have some form of role detection (cycling like Gakuen S2 Piplups, for those that played it?) otherwise you have no idea what you're copying, unless you unintentionally copied the item-gun-thing? By just targeting someone or something?

What exactly are the conditions? I'm guessing it doesn't really reveal who or what made the item in the first place, else you'd be able to tell us about it or the player with that specific role.

Edit, Ninja: Some others said this, I guess.

565Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Five

Five

Ugh.

@Ninfia: Can you clarify this? Do stuns prevent passive abilities from working?

566Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Cure

Cure

Five wrote:How exactly does that copy work, katagi? Like... how were you able to copy the gun item? Did you just say "I wanna copy the role that gave out that item" and then poof, you got it? Or... :|

Yeah... this... is bugging me a tiny bit. Usually a role copier copies a PLAYER, unless katagi was able to figure out who made the item, but I think they would have said who it was if they knew.

Alternatively, it copies a visible action? But that seems a little limiting. Ezz is also claiming she can act on items rather than players so i am a little????? right now.

for what it's worth: My original target last night was ezzelin. I ended up changing it to someone else.

@ezzelin. can you USE the items you borrow? or does it just say "YOU HAVE AN ITEM." what can you DO with it?

Last edited by † ☾u♪e † on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

567Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Five wrote:Ugh.

@Ninfia: Can you clarify this? Do stuns prevent passive abilities from working?

Yes.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

568Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:42 pm

katagi

katagi

OH I'M just glad it's somewhere safe omg thank you ezz ;; maybe it'll be more useful this way than just going to an unlimited dayvig works anyway >_o

@five yea, i just asked to copy the "gun-item" (my words exactly) and was told to pick a target to receive the item (myself included). that was the intermission, so i sat on it for a while before passing it along to nautie... bc i thought that it'd be instantly passed along, which would mean nautie could use the shot during n2 instead of waiting (since the terms of nautie's being unable to vig during the current phase were not really elaborated upon at the time)

the real question is why didnt i just use it myself and the answer to that is "i have no good reason, i just thought it'd be funnier/more dramatic otherwise" lmao

tldr: i asked to copy the gun, and proceeded accordingly

569Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Five

Five

:|

I'm going to go and sit in the shame cube, then, I guess. Hell.

570Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] - Page 38 Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day Four] Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Rasei

Rasei

vote:five. Vote:five; vote:fivex9000

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum