Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 58]

481Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Rasei

Rasei

hugs Lux I'm not making fun of you. You guys are being mean. *pouts*

482Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:27 pm

lulu

lulu

@five
they don't taste good... the meat's kinda tough...

@high seraph
tbh i didn't realise aeiou already had a vote on her at the time i made the vote - i realised afterwards but i wasn't really bothered by it because i'm pretty sure alca's town and i don't really mind wagonning b/c it creates pressure on people to talk & vote. the primary basis for my aeiou vote at the time was (1) i want to pressure for more information and didn't have anything next to her name in my notes for who she supports or FOSes which imo is important information for after someone flips, and (2) she voted NL d1.

i'm very comfortable w where my vote is rn honestly b/c i don't believe deo's maf. i'm awake currently and will be around all day so i'm ok with waiting a few more hours to spec if anyone has any questions for me, but please expect me to swap votes at last minute if it'll save me from the lynch lol.

current reads from most to least strong:
- town lean: alca, mix of reads & night information (not 100%)
- town lean: eleni & t3tsuya shared information i'm willing to believe
- town lean: drandahl, gut
- town lean: i believe rasei's information is true and she is town
- town lean: mr alice imo acted scummily during d1 but would have had no reason to vote last minute on deo if they were mafia
- town lean: because i believe rasei is town and she has claimed the n0 stun on high seraph, i'm inclined to believe chinomi was stunned by mafia n0 and is also town, but that's dependent on a lot of factors

483Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:35 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I got all my information I wanted from the Luxaria/Five situation. I'm not sure how I feel about Luxaria but I have some idea of what Five is doing and am leaning a little bit town on Five?

unvote, vote: nautilus

I know these votes are not very helpful since I'm voting for people who don't already have votes on them, but I feel like they are maybe encouraging people to speak more, so...! ;v;

Umm, nautilus has made a lot of very long posts and some of the posts have speculation in the footnotes, but I feel like I haven't heard much of nautilus's thoughts. Maybe because those long posts take a very long time to write. I feel like in the last literary mafia, nautilus spent a lot of time analyzing the flavor hints and stuff whereas she hasn't really done much of that this game, so I would like to point it out and have nautilus address this I guess! She may just be busy. ;v;

484Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Ie6MZja

VOTES

PAN vs. No Lynch

RASEI vs. Deo Tiki The Troll

ALCASYNC vs. Aeiou Luxaria Nautilus

LULU vs. Aeiou

ARDONYE vs. Mr. Alice No Vote

DRANDAHL vs. Chinomi Alcasync

AEIOU vs. Deo

FIVE vs. lulu

EZZELIN vs. Deo

HIGH SERAPH vs. Plotstickers Deo

ELENI vs. lulu

T3TSUYA vs. lulu

RASEI vs. T3tsuya Sammiya

NAUTILUS vs. lulu

MR. GERBEAR vs. Drandahl

TIKI THE TROLL vs. lulu
TOTALS

LULU V

DEO II

AEIOU I

NO LYNCH I

TIKI THE TROLL I

NO VOTE I

NAUTILUS I

SAMMIYA I

DRANDAHL I

Last edited by Cure on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

485Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 pm

nautilus

nautilus

However, that is not to say that Taylor disappears from the remainder of the observations. She reappears again in under 0.12s, seemingly unfettered and unchanged and completely unaware of her momentary lapse in existence.
This inexplicable disappearance is the first solid indication that there is something apparently wrong with the observations. One could even say that the sheer fact that Taylor disappears in a place where one is normally considered "safe" is unheimlich, as Freud describes:

I cannot think — and I hope most readers of the story will agree with me — that the theme of the doll Olympia, who is to all appearances a living being, is by any means the only, or indeed the most important, element that must be held responsible for the quite unparalleled atmosphere of uncanniness evoked by the story.

Of course, the observations are not without their detractors12. When the observations were first released, there was discussion that this could be an elaborate, if not expensive, hoax. Though the existence of the children has been established by numerous sources and they exist within family registries, the setting13 of the

12I never did end up calling some professionals over to take a look at this place. Lately I’ve kind of started to try and piece together all of this shit because what else do you do when you have so much free time to yourself? Cleaning isn’t going anywhere because you open up the cupboards and there’s more of these papers. I’m beginning to think that this guy wasn’t even human. Maybe he ate these papers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Clem asked me again about Kayla when we were barhopping last night. Fucker.

13 Uh, so, spit-balling spec here. BEAR WITH ME ON THIS:

I'm inclined to think one of the neutral win conditions was to have one find the other or something (like Plot/Blaire in S1) because both of them lost the ability to win. neutrals dying before their time always makes me feel bad though ;____; rip... holds ninfia's hand... (btw i met her cat on wednesday and she is a cutie)

On code: I immediately thought it was a cipher and ran it through ROT(n) with a couple of random numbers (13, 14, etc.,) but didn't get anything (however it was also 2am and i was not doing work so i might have fucked up somewhere down the line). I'm not as well versed in cryptography as some folks in this thread probably are, so I'll defer to them. That being said, I think letters being part of book titles is plausible, but I think alca said that there's 34 letters in the string and that's more than (# of players + maximum # of decoys), so unless it's multiple letters per title (2-3?) idk. It could be a cipher that requires some form of key, but I haven't the faintest idea to break it tbh.

I'm pretty convinced that the gb does not stand for Mr. Gerbear, and actually is pointing to the identities of any roles that acted in the day phase; for one, it seems kind of strange to have two letters (and gerry's name is just Gerbear, not GerBear), and the other reason is related to what I know about the intermission role.

... I'm mostly just not saying it because intermission person hasn't explicitly owned up to it yet but I've been pushed over the edge to 100% certain who the intermission is, unless the intermission is really good at pretending to be other people.

Man the main thing that's been throwing me off this game is the presence of decoys, but I guess that's warranted since last game we kind of dug into the maf deep with analysis of rollover whoops sorry people who were in the maf in that game. In that same vein, given that I played Volume 1 of Lit Maf: I highly doubt the NK itself or its sender will show up in flavour, as it did not in the previous game.

With the existence of Rasei's stun claim, I'm inclined to think at least one of the stunners is conditional or reactionary and not a dedicated stunner (Rasei appears to have claimed dedicated stun right now, given she mentioned two targets) since having two dedicated stunners on one side is... lmao. I don't think Rasei would lie given that lying in the past hasn't done her great service in the past (see: KH maf, where alca shot her point-blank), so. I won't vote Rasei unless something really damning comes up, though I'm wondering if it was wise to out yourself as stunner D2 l-lol.

re: voting - I'm going to tentatively vote: lulu, but this isn't so much because of her bulletproof eleni thing (though I'm still pretty :hm: on that) but because of Five's vote on her, which seems to be implying something more than just a joke ribs vote (that is, Five focused on her speculation and topped it off with ambiguous reasons); I don't think lulu addressed that particular vote on her either, just lucas' comments about Aeiou, and I'm curious about what she thinks on it

also because the owlhosr will claw my eyes out rip

if this is srsly just more deo is a ghost meme i'm gonna kill u all (disclaimer: not really)

I WILL ALWAYS NOTICE YOU IT WILL BE OKAY

i will post more later bbl

486Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

ribs are messy and not worth it tbqh

BUT HM.

Vote: drandahl only because that exchange with chinomi re: vote spread felt off to me. :|a and honestly. i don't find much reason just yet for lulu or deo??

i hate early game

487Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:06 pm

lulu

lulu

since nautilus brought it up, i'll address it: i think i have an idea of what five's role is and why they think i'm suspicious based on what i've said in thread so far, but i'd like to point out that dishonesty isn't only beneficial to maf. i'd like to think i have the sense to weigh the pros and cons of disclosing certain information to thread based on the information i have from night phases.

if this lynch continues in this direction it's likely to lead to multiple town power roles getting revealed in a single phase, so i'm starting to get quite uncomfortable.

488Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:09 pm

high seraph

high seraph

T3tsuya wrote:High seraph has been making larger posts than usual and specifically said they're not comfortable with inactivity while also saying there's probably a mafia hiding in the no voters. Not sure what to make of that either.

omg T3t I always make large posts, it's not my fault you can't be bothered to read through them ok. Also I'm just, like, really prepared for this game ok. I'm like. Really prepared. ok.

And it's a matter of statistics, basically. I am definitely not comfortable lynching a player based on inactivity, because I feel like we've collected some valuable information from past rollovers that should let us make a more informed decision than just "oh well this person is inactive let's lynch them". I'm even perfectly fine with unvoting and reassessing the situation, given that deo has posted, even if it wasn't... a very... interesting post... Either way, statistically speaking, I think there's a good chance that a mafia might be among late no lynchers and people who didn't vote (Tiki, Pan, plot, Aeiou and Sammie are in the first group; drandahl, T3t, nautilus, Angel and deo are in the second). Is it really that crazy to think that at least one mafia must be in this group of ten players?

Ok. If you'd like me to narrow the group down, I can bring it to the 7 people I'm most willing to vote at the moment: Tiki, Pan, plot, Aeiou, drandahl, Angel and deo. Sammiya was stunned on N0, which means she couldn't have sent the NK (could still be mafia though); T3tsuya has been involved in shenanigans with eleni that I'm willing to believe for the time being; and I have reasons to believe nautilus isn't mafia.

ninja'd by nautilus.

I'm going to be around and I will definitely throw another vote in the box after I've gone through some posts and notes c ya l8r losers

489Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

I'm guessing the vote from Rasei is for activity.

EARLY PHASES ARE A PAIN TO VOTE IN. Since you never know whom to vote for.

I finished a math test a couple of hours ago and am still trying to unwind from it, though. I'll definitely vote later/before rollover, though.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

490Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Believe me, I'd rather be anywhere else than where I was during that time. Left and right, people voting on who our was they wanted to kill. We'd already had one murder on our hands, a relative innocent. Believe me, I found the choice and the result a relief.1 After all, that meant, not only was I still alive, but that there were no fewer allies among me. The choice still bothered me, as Ninfia has not been known to be as disruptive to subversive plans as others, and that meant I may not have been as safe at night as I had hoped. But again, that only meant that it was all the better I had more allies around me than not.

Of course, ensuring they saw me the same way was going to be no easy matter. And at that moment they wanted nothing short of blood. Yet there I was, mind preoccupied with all sorts of more important, less suicidal situations, while they talked off entire novellas of thought on our situation. For better or worse, that also meant any attempts at misdirection has simply flown right on by me, allowing me to make an easy decision.

"Lulu," I said, looking upon the woman who had gathered so much surgeon of the soet I was seeking to avoid. "You are being tried among a group of your peers. And given the evidence, of immediately trying to eliminate someone who had been apparently attacked herself, and bring known to immediately jump at the necks of those who could be troublesome to conspiracies that you yourself are a part of2...my judgement is, vote: Lulu.

I could only hope me best judgement was right, and that the blood spilled here wouldn't be blinded by my own, at the hands of the pent up maniacs.

1. Truth be told, this loss upset him more than he even let himself to believe. While he often prattles on about his selfish, cowardly ways, he has a bigger heart than he'd ever about to having.
  2. This was in reference to the happenings in Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival.

491Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:15 pm

lulu

lulu

just checking in to say i'm around, just waiting around for more votes!

the vote on eleni is my usual playstyle, and i voted similarly in gakuen 1. i don't blame people for finding it suspicious but imo it did bear some useful discussion.

i'd like to point out that when i tunneled kiyoko in gakuen 2 which everyone seems to be citing, it was because (1) we couldn't see any other way to kill her at the time because our instant gun was on cooldown, (2) she was leading lynches against mafia and (3) discrediting her ideas and making town double-guess her spec would be useful because mafia had a janitor role that could wipe rollover and make people doubt her alignment. there's no reason for me to do the same thing with eleni d1 when at the time she hadn't contributed any spec for me to work with. additionally, the alternative votes for me were RL or NL.

i'm still not too concerned about today b/c i can still hard claim but i was thinking it'd be a good idea to wait to see some more votes first. if anyone thinks it's a better idea to claim asap i can do so but i'd like more discussion if possible...

492Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:19 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Perhaps we take too much stock in familiar spaces, when in reality they aren't familiar at all.14

14@alca - Fair enough! :> But yeah, the main reason why I've been a little more hands off this game is because of the presence of decoys: in Lit Maf 1 I got REALLY CAUGHT UP in the existence of something we called the "Necronomicon", which was actually Dracula and not a Necronomicon at all and the necronomicon never exi...

Though: your previous post lining up actions with the hints in-thread (gb/genres/etc) with confirmed role actions and claimed role actions in-thread would've been what I'd done anyways. Admittedly I've also been busy as well (I spent two days travelling back and forth in incredibly shitty weather) + space maf was stressing... me out in the final phases to the point where I was like "yo Ninfia can I check rollover at your apartment", so. For what it's worth, I took a break from the forum for the night at the end of space maf (which several people know stressed me out a lot) and that's why I never came back and voted.

In other news: I'm actually kind of confident that I know what the gibberish role's book title is after wracking my brain for a bit, but even knowing that doesn't give me much of an insight as to what the fuck it does.

re: the lynch -

I'm not sure what I think on a lulu-lynch now given their reply to me... hrm (also I have to vote this phase lest Raie claws my eyes out and this seems unnecessarily violent where is the meowhosr).

fwiw: I'm not really feeling the deo lynch this phase, though this isn't really due to any reads i have on him. I... was last phase because he hadn't posted yet and therefore was basically contributing nothing, but idk what to make of the votes on him this phase because he's... made posts and is contributing to some degree

re: drandahl/chinomi, since this was brought up by Gerry, Tet, etc.,:

I... can kind of see drandahl's point here - if chi tells the thread to vote early lest she view them as scummy, then, yeah, it could affect how town votes because they don't want to be perceived as scummy and stem late-phase decision making like in space maf

On the other hand, if chi was mafia, would she even mention this at all or specifically point this out as an inherently scummy action (last minute votes, I mean, especially used to break ties onto town)? In better words: wouldn't chi prefer to just coast and not mention it, since mentioning last-minute votes as a scummy action draws a lot of attention to late minute voters, and therefore it kind of makes it hard for the mafia to late-minute vote themselves if they need to save one of their own

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: as someone who chronically last-minute voted on vdex all the time regardless of alignment, i don't think it's necessarily inherently scummy and disagree with chi on this point (though i'd agree if it was a tiebreaker vote or something that resulted in a weird lynch or a town lynch), but i'm... i'm also very indecisive

i am slowly trying to be more decisive on this forum... it's a work in progress...

Last edited by n☆util☆s on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity also to fix my bbcode)

493Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:30 pm

high seraph

high seraph

hello and welcome to my book review blog! here are some selected thoughts about stuff i've been reading lately!!!! don't forget to subscribe, share this on facebook twitter instagram tumblr and myspace, and to leave a comment below saying what book i should review next!! ;3c

Luxaria - You might have picked up Luxaria: A Life Without Ribs from the shelf and expected to get lost in a nearly tolkienesque narrative spanning several pages. You would, however, quickly realize that the new installment in this award-winning series weighs a lot less than its predecessors, much to the disappointment of its die-hard fanbase. If we were to continue witht the Tolkien comparison, we would say this new, refreshing and short novel is The Hobbit of the Luxaria series. We can only hope that director Peter Jackson will be able to stretch its contents for all they're worth and give fans all around the world a run for their money with an exhausting and profitable movie triology.

drandahl - The main character of Drandahl, DJ, could be described with a variety of adjectives, this writer's favorite being intriguing. His behavior may make you wonder about what his real intentions are, but you will the ending is guaranteed to surprise you no matter what your initial impressions were. The story makes several twists and turns along the way, eventually bringing focus onto characters that don't seem to be entirely relevant to the plot. The reader must be careful not to get lost in those moments, and commit them to memory -- they might be relevant at a later point.

ezzelin - This particular blogger is terrible in the kitchen, but Ezzelin's Cooking with Ezzelin: Easy Recipes For Disaster has been of some help! I feel like most recipes are sorely lacking a pinch of Comic Sans, but not a single one of them has been proven useless so far. However, the recipes on pages D1 and D2 both rely heavily on a special ingredient: deo. You might ask, "but what if you're allergic to deo?" The author offers no alternative. It makes you wonder if she just really likes deo in all her recipes, or if it's really such an essential ingredient.

Rasei - Zura (lit. "Rasei") is a Japanese manga that follows the adventures of Rasei, a samurai with the power of hitting people with their own words, essentially incapacitating them. Their first target was Lucas, a 20-something year-old college student who Rasei obviously has a crush on, but, sadly, does not reciprocate Rasei's feelings. The more central conflict in the manga, however, is the existence of an anonymous organization composed of samurai with the same abilities as Rasei -- which she must defeat in order to save the world. It's an exciting tale that reinforces traditional Japanese values such as honor, courage and randomly voting all players in the roster. The protagonist's character, however, cannot be doubted.

chinomi - its about gay sex, so i totally recommend it. i also totally recommend gay sex (i really really do).

[i dont really have the energy to do this for every one in the roster ok]

494Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 pm

angel★

angel★

so uh I have finally finished with my homework hell, but I am currently driving across the state (and I'll be out of town all weekend which I kind of forgot about...... hopefully I can still check in often enough though) and wow reading the thread and writing a post on a phone is much harder than I thought. I think I've managed to skim through the thread through bouts of carsickness, though I don't have my notes on hand so I don't really know who to vote.... the best I have is a couple of town leanings, so I might have to resort to following someone I trust's vote. I also haven't played with any of you recently as town, so I'm a bit wary of my gut reads BUT... hopefully... it'll be ok.....

I'm going to no vote for now but hopefully I'll be back with a vote on someone once I've given my head a break from staring at a screen for this long on a bumpy road orz.

I FAILED TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOW HERE AND I DON'T HAVE SIGNAL RIP

okay I have returned to civilization hello

495Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

well hot diggedy that sure was a lotta words to go through but i did it, i did yall someone give me ten dollars

so it looks like lulu is the prime lynch candidate this phase? well hmm, i'm not really getting a sneaky snek feeling from her too-too much, but if it comes down to it, i guess i'd be ok w/ it cuz i mean t3t's right, that's a lotta neck, but have you ever hung one upside down? do snakes get nauseous? is it possible for snakes to vomit? hang in there lulu, have some ginger

i'm gonna wait a lil longer before i make a vote cuz i'm hoping? someone might have more info about anything, anything at all, any ol' thing, but if not, i'll probably throw my ticket in the snake drum as well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum