Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4

+10
Rasei
drandahl
ezzelin
Aeiou
high seraph
Ninfia
Mr. Alice
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Entelechy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 41]

ezzelin

ezzelin

drandahl wrote:We'd need 6 players total on engineering to absolutely ensure successful ship task. Two of our assignees could be maf, and they could NK another in that room.
I believe it's been clarified earlier that even if they're nk'ed, the task will still go through before they die, so 5 will suffice.

also I just realised;
there is exactly one way for 5-3-1 setup to work, and that is if Lux is the one that goes alone (bc of the biomonitor). we'd be risking losing our cleared townie planner and lowering our odds of success with med bay, but. it is a possibility.

edited to cross that out cause it doesn't really make the risk any greater than otherwise.

Luxaria

Luxaria

I could be the one to go to the armory, or we could just have me sit pretty in the Med Bay.

It basically comes down to

5-3-Lux
5-4

I think I would rather sit in the Med Bay just to guarantee that it goes off, if nothing else. Well, as close to guarantee as can be done. I think I can split groups such that there's at most 1 mafia in Med Bay, but I could be wrong. Then again if it fails, we'll know where two of them are.

The downside is it means there's a chance both could go out and do whatever they want that night, rather than giving us information as per usual.

But we kind of need the Engineering Bay to go off, so.

drandahl

drandahl

Whoops, you're right. I missed that clarification. 5 is sufficient.

nautilus

nautilus

Hella.

I'm cool with having Lux coordinate things again this phase, fwiw & I agree with the 5-4/5-3-1 plans tossed out thus far.

I guess the issue is that if we go 5-3-1 (with 1 being Lux due to impossibility to convert), this weakens the chance of whatever task Lux is assigned to do since there's a chance someone might peel away from the group and go fuck up whatever Lux tries to do, so I'm leaning towards 5-4 out of sheer caution.

ezzelin

ezzelin

actually, I think the ratio is prooobably safe atm enough for us to leave the flamethrower. (provided they don't get lucky with cargo hold, and that our assumptions so far are correct.)

Luxaria

Luxaria

In this case, the goal would mostly be to block mafia getting the Flamethrower, notably. We already assigned that ship task, so it would not matter if it failed.

But the chance of Med Bay failing is greater, and I would like to keep that up each phase. In fact, if I'm in that room we can guarantee it will work. That's one town. If both mafia are in that room and leave, that's saying, "Hey, two of these three people are all mafia." It's assured to go through if I sit in there. It just means one mafia would get loose, potentially.

Hmm... I think I have a plan.

Also, +1 safe to leave the flamethrower. I said it before, but since we lynched a mafia, and we plan to stick together, our chances of getting converted are slim, and even if we have to 1:1 trade due to them getting flamethrower, at the end of the day we come out ahead.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Rasei wrote:Please just ignore me from right now. It seems like I'm not a good mafia player this game.

*Pats Rasei*

nautilus

nautilus

btw forensic analysis on horrorlucas' posts:

If the 4 people in the cargo hold are telling the truth, then it's impossible for any of them to have been converted. On the other hand, it's possible any of the pairs (Kiyo/Blaire, Ninfia/ezz, Lucas/Aeiou) is composed of an Originally Infected + Newly Infected. But it's also possible that the newly infected was alone (atm we know Lux was alone, and it's possible the newly infected lied about being in someone else's room). The bottom line is... Anyone can be the infected at this point, and we will not be able to determine who they are atm.

looking at this it seems like he's deliberately attempting to drive spec away from whom the infected individual is, which i find interesting. I'm not sure if this means we were close to determining who it was at this point and he was trying to move spec away from it

If both mafia are in that room and leave, that's saying, "Hey, two of these three people are all mafia." It's assured to go through if I sit in there. It just means one mafia would get loose, potentially.

If one mafia were to stay in the room with you and idk explore, wouldn't that interfere with your plan? Though that's the only interference I can think of, and it also forces one mafia to hang behind, preventing an armory/cargo hold sweep

Luxaria

Luxaria

Only one person needs to do a ship task in a room of three people for it to work.

nautilus

nautilus

No, I mean... In the hypothetical situation where there are two mafia and you in a room together, and you initiate the ship task, wouldn't there run a risk that one of the mafia stays and submits an explore action (while the other leaves)

I understand that only one person needs to submit a ship task for it to work, but I'm operating purely on # of people since a ship task fails if two people are in a room (but not if the person is solo or the person is with two or more individuals).

Unless a ship task can go through if only one person submits it while the other person in the room fucks off and does whatever, in which disregard me.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm. What I was implying is... if I sit in the group of 4 in Med Bay, that's one guaranteed town in that room. Meaning at most, 2/4 people are mafia in that room. The only way the room fails is if both mafia decide to leave it. If they do, that means of the 4 players in there, we know 1 (myself) is town. Meaning the other 3 people have 2 mafia.

This is why I'm thinking I should sit in the Med Bay. It's guaranteed to go off, unless mafia enjoys the thought of suicide. Meanwhile, 5 in Engineering means even if both mafia leave, it's guaranteed to go off.

Make sense?

nautilus

nautilus

Ohhh, I see. I was thinking more along the lines of the 5-3-1 plan, not the 5-4 plan o7

Makes sense, no worries!

Luxaria

Luxaria

Working on groups at the moment. Just reviewing some things before I place them down. I figure most people would be asleep and wouldn't send actions until after they wake up and check the thread, anyway. I'll probably put more time into speculation and thoughts after I've slept, for that matter, since this may be may last phase on this station.

Anyway, if anyone is sitting around, stick tight.

Luxaria

Luxaria

I am so tired.

ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL ABOARD THIS STATION

All available personnel are to report to the following areas for this work shift.

Engineering - Ship task
Mitsu
Kiyoko
drandahl
alcasync
Tiki the Troll

Med Bay - Ship task
Luxaria
Aeiou
Rasei
ezzelin

UPON READING THESE INSTRUCTIONS, SEND IN A MESSAGE TO STATION CONTROL (THE HOST)

Declare that you will be moving to your assigned room and that you are performing a ship task.

Once you have done so, return to this thread and post stating what room you will be visiting and what action you performed. For example:

I, Luxaria, will be moving to the Med Bay to perform a ship task tonight.

Once that is done, you are all set. It is vital to the crew that we make every effort to coordinate and band together if we are to survive.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Doing a separate post to not make the other too long and distracting.

I have some thoughts upon reading through the entire thread again, but I'll elaborate more upon them tomorrow after another check and analysis.

I would appreciate it if everyone that is able might post their reads and speculation on other players. The posts from the other day were quite helpful.

I also would encourage everyone to suggest who they would like to use the Med Bay on tomorrow, as well as possible lynch targets.

Upon further reflection, I am no longer worried about the flamethrower, barring some potential mislynches. I think one benefit is that even if we lose a town in the process, we effectively get another alignment flip on top of a mafia flip. So in a way that is sort of helpful, even if we're trading 1:1? If we keep the Med Bay and lynches going each phase, that's two alignment flips. Granted, the Med Bay might not be guaranteed given the possibility of converts. However, I think with our numbers advantage, proper splitting means we can't see another convert, so the Med Bay in theory should remain accurate until the end of the game. Even if we all have to hole up in the Med Bay.

At this point, most roles available on the ship will actually do effectively nothing for mafia compared to the strength we get of the Med Bay's clear. The only thing that might help them is getting the food poisoning from the Cargo Hold, if it's still available. It still shouldn't be too much of a problem? I think just turtling in the Med Bay is the ideal course of action, though possibly splitting 4-3 to grab the Server Room at some point. I guess turtling ultimately gives us less Work Shift information to utilize, which has been a focal point from N0 and N1 results.

Anyway. I'm going to bed. I didn't put as much thought into these room assignments as before, where I had a clear plan in mind (and as Tiki noted, a plan within a plan). In this case I just want to make sure we get both ship tasks off, which is guaranteed with 5-4. Unless mafia is suicidal, in which case we don't get the Med Bay. I think almost any assortment of players works, so hopefully no one has any qualms with these arrangements?

I'll write more tomorrow, including speculation. Might be my last phase? Might not be. Sorry for any headaches I caused between N1/D2. I hope my actions make sense in hindsight. :(

Last edited by Luxaria on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum