Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4

+10
Rasei
drandahl
ezzelin
Aeiou
high seraph
Ninfia
Mr. Alice
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Entelechy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 41]

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

OH SHIT

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

nautilus

nautilus

I

Did we just lose our doctor role permanently

Luxaria

Luxaria

Not to mention a way to check alignments, and a possible vigilante kill. Assuming neither of the roles got taken by mafia. Which would mean we better hope both Aeiou and Lucas are town and that mafia didn't sneak that one in before it exploded.

This also means we need to go to engineering much sooner than anticipated fuck there goes half the plan I was working on

nautilus

nautilus

Is

this what signals the spacewalk

or

I

Okay I am going to go and come back later and hopefully be less confused

drandahl

drandahl

I LOVE THIS MECHANIC.

Though I do feel for the plan-breaking. Also, sorry Blaire, I initiated that voting campaign.

ezzelin

ezzelin

WHY ARE THINGS BLOWING UP

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Host

Is this the EVA event, or is it part of the engineering failure?

Entelechy

Entelechy

Clarifications:

The Brig works like a Stun. Players in the Brig are Stunned.

Being Locked Out on an EVA also works like a Stun, with the caveat that if you are Locked Out, you cannot become Contaminated. Likewise, if go EVA to make repairs during the Crisis (that has not yet happened), you do not count as Isolated. If you are Contaminated, you will just die.

If you go EVA at any other time, you can be Contaminated, and you are Isolated.

The destruction of Rooms has nothing to do with the Ship Task in Engineering, and this is not what triggers the EVA being necessary.

This is just more fallout from the damage done to the Station before the game started.

ezzelin

ezzelin

@host
so, is the ship going to continue to fall apart after every status report no matter what, or...?
is that like, an actual mechanic that we were conveniently not aware of until now?

Entelechy

Entelechy

ezzelin wrote:@host
so, is the ship going to continue to fall apart after every status report no matter what, or...?
is that like, an actual mechanic that we were conveniently not aware of until now?

This was an emergency readjustment of game balance. Trust me, it was absolutely necessary.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, brighter news:

Kiyoko wasn't the convert N0. Doesn't preclude her from being mafia, but there's that.

Darker news:

Lost a town, 3:8. Worst-case, 4:7 tomorrow, but it will be 3:7 at the very least. If we mislynch again under worst-case scenario, that's 4:6. If they get another convert, 5:5 we lose. That takes a lot going wrong, but it emphasizes that we cannot let mafia get another convert off. Which also means getting roles just got incredibly risky to the point of both suicide and detriment, since there's the possibility a role goes over to mafia.*

Our best bet is that no town is to volunteer for the EVA event, whenever that is, and whoever gets put out there is locked out and left to die. So in theory that knocks out one infected if we commit to this plan.**

Edit:

@ Host

Once locked out, can anything let the player back in outside of the re-vote? What triggers the re-vote? Can someone else with a key let them back in, if the person locked out does not have the key themself?

frowning @ this destroyed room mechanic.

Edit2:

* But on the same token, back to the old conundrum of risking mafia just grabbing roles since we're huddled up.

Edit3:

** I still think no town should go to repair engineering, since apparently this isn't an on-going destruction of rooms. If mafia want to win, they have to fix the ship.

This does weaken the strategy of splitting into 3 groups since we don't get two alignment checks now. I really wish we had done that N0.

Last edited by Luxaria on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

drandahl

drandahl

@host,

If a player is locked out in the EVA, can they be perpetually safe from contamination if they have the masterkey?

"and you will not die after being outside after two Status Reports."

If so, and if people trust me enough(!), I wonder if we should choose me for EVA when it comes to it.

Edit: snaked by Lux, reading...

Last edited by drandahl on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

JUST TRYING TO KEEP UP THROUGH CUSTOMERS AT WORK, THE FUCK DID I MISS?

Actually, wait...

*reviews room rules*

Lux, you're wrong...the doctor role is not lost.

We can use the storage hold.

BACK TO CUSTOMERS

nautilus

nautilus

I'm back and hm.

For what it's worth I have an idea of what might have prompted Sudden Ship Explosions (game-balance wise, I guess), but I would like confirmation on whether or not this will be a thing that will keep happening until the end of the game or if this is a one-off event.

I... the issue is that imo we lost our most powerful role (Laboratory) in the explosion, because I feel like the usefulness of the Med Bay decreases as the game goes on since players who are investigated can get infected post-investigation and become mafia, whereas the Laboratory's ship task works against the ratio and can turn someone back into town.

I.

Lux, you're wrong...the doctor role is not lost.

We can use the storage hold.

true but are we going to have a really awkward party in there again

e: re: engineering - ia, mostly because it at least preoccupies one mafia with having to fix it

Entelechy

Entelechy

Luxaria wrote:
@ Host

Once locked out, can anything let the player back in outside of the re-vote? What triggers the re-vote? Can someone else with a key let them back in, if the person locked out does not have the key themself?

You can let yourself back in with the Captain's Masterkey. The person with the Captain's Masterkey let's you in.

During the two Status Reports after someone is locked out, there will be a vote to let them back in or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum