Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4]

+10
high seraph
drandahl
Aeiou
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Luxaria
Doak
Mr. Alice
Kotakia
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 32 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 52]

166Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Doak wrote:is there any reason for someone who changed alignments from mafia to town to not reveal that information? if it were me, at least, I'd say something pretty much immediately...

I considered and thought about this as well, which is why it's a theory insofar. I feel like it might not be too far from the mark, or at least something similarly disruptive or crazy is happening upon revive. I just can't picture it being as simple as mafia reviving and getting lynched/killed again, or town getting revived with weird re-death or silence conditions or whatever.

I DON'T KNOW.

ffffffff

Vote: Kiyoko I guess.

167Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Doak

Doak

Luxaria wrote:I DON'T KNOW.
Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of this game.

168Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Well, looks like Kiyo had enough votes. I'mma just stand here, way in the back, in case she explodes upon getting lynched. XD

169Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Doak

Doak

oh c'mon tiki put your real vote on her too

170Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I literally submitted "vanilla" as my role.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

171Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Doak wrote:oh c'mon tiki put your real vote on her too

Mystery vote is not I, I assure you!

Oh! Posting at work, and I forgot this (but, while I have your attention...)!

Not sure if Kotakia let you in on this little secret, but, uh, she tells people when you visit them. XD

Why were you trying to snuggle up with me last night?

Ninja'd by Kiyo. And while I'm willing to believe that (it does sound like the clever sort of thing you would do), this game is wacky enough I'll believe anything, including you might be a secret bomb, heh.

172Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:57 pm

high seraph

high seraph

i HAVE NO IDEA WhATS GOING ON??? Except that someone really wants to get Sammie off this game jfc?? She did say, at some point after she was revived, that she was dead dead, so I don't see another alternative other than to assume that Sammie has been NK'd. At least her first death wasn't self inflicted, so I don't see why this second death would be, unless it's a Monkey Paw drawback which... doesn't make much sense since I thought her drawback was to become a zombie??? Unless she used her Monkey Paw AGAin im just confsuing myself omfg

And what the hell is wrong with the ratio this time, what did you do drandahl......................

There's already a ???? vote against Kiyoko, but drandahl isn't even around to place his OWN vote how did his shadow!self vote. Maybe this isn't drandahl at all, like we assumed, but why didn't he just step forward and say so??? dylan what did u do to our ratio and are you the shadow person

ok but at any rate, it's not iMPOSSIBLE to know what the current ratio is. Unless Monkey Paw shenanigans really CAN cause someone's alignment to flip after being killed/revived, Sammie is the only dead player here, and she was town... now she's a zombie, whatever, but The ratio SHOULD BE at 7:3. Which is p safe.

Given that, I don't... really want to lynch Kiyo??? LIKE WHY ARE WE DOING THIS? I honestly don't have a reason to think she's town bc this game is 2 crazy, but I'm like?? are we really doing this? I get a feelin she might be lying about being vanilla tb h ... idk im gonna vote: Kiyoko bc i just do whatever she says tbh, but i'm not sure this is the thing we should be doing?? like???? idk

i have so many other questions omg

173Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

high seraph wrote:i just do whatever she says tbh

;)

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

174Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Doak

Doak

Taki The Tender wrote:Mystery vote is not I, I assure you!

Oh! Posting at work, and I forgot this (but, while I have your attention...)!

Not sure if Kotakia let you in on this little secret, but, uh, she tells people when you visit them. XD

Why were you trying to snuggle up with me last night?
I actually had no idea of that, but you just saved me a lot of trouble, thank you

anyway, rereading day 1 I realized I got a couple people confused and you're not... the extra vote... gomen I don't know people here very well yet... it's not like I was suspicious of you, I'm actually leaning pretty strongly toward you being town

anyway I can assure you that I didn't harm you in any way last night and my reasons for visiting you were completely benign, and further I can offer you a small token of advice: if the person you're voting for isn't going to be lynched, you may want to move your vote before the phase is up

high seraph wrote:I don't see why this second death would be [self inflicted], unless it's a Monkey Paw drawback which... doesn't make much sense since I thought her drawback was to become a zombie???
riddle me this, my sweet summer simian child

if you came back to life as a zombie, forced to eat other people's brains or face starvation, what would you do?

mind, this is purely speculation, of course, but surely it's a possibility? if this game is lacking in anything, it's certainly not possibilities

175Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:30 pm

high seraph

high seraph

No Doak, but look, magic is real ok.

You wanna go back to life and ABRACADABRA it happens, except you are now munching on brains or sucking blood from your friends which is cool, i'm not gonna discriminate here. The thing is, losing your ENTIRE ROLE is already a pretty good punishment for doing forbidden human transmutation with a monkey's hand in a darkened basement and bringing yourself back to life, you know??? If you just DIE as a result of REVIVING YOURSELF (on top of living an entire phase without your human powers), what's the point??? Dying (again) sounds much more like ANOTHER punishment for another abusive use of Real Magic And Miracles, or like the work of mafia. And, following that same train of thought, why is Cure still around, if what you are suggesting actually happened to Sammie? They were both revived in the same phase, so I'd suppose the same crime would warrant the same punishment, which means she should be dead too, by this logic.

Granted, if Player A asks for Wish, and Player B asks for The Same Wish, it's not 100% guaranteed that they'd get the same punishment. Like, Sammie became a zombie and Cure a vampire, but the bottom line is that they suffered pretty much the same punishment: they each lost their roles. Same crime, same punishment.

I mean, sure, what you say IS a possibility I guess but it seems like a really unlikely possibility, that's what I'm... trying to say here... if you know what i mean...... I mean if Sammie wasn't the NK, then what happened to it? Nobody was stunned (are there any stunners in this game omfg), and I guess you could have been the target that was protected but?? I don't?? Think so??? Basically because it's exactly the same rollover as N0, except you got protected instead of me.

I'm considering a possibility that the mafia might have investigated Sammie's role and she's got something good?? and that's why they're trying so hard to take her down. Again, this is conjecture, and I'm not sure how far we can get following this train of thought but I'm already onboard and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon like wowww shut up about sammie lucas

176Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Doak wrote:anyway I can assure you that I didn't harm you in any way last night and my reasons for visiting you were completely benign, and further I can offer you a small token of advice: if the person you're voting for isn't going to be lynched, you may want to move your vote before the phase is up

What are you imply-
oh...
OH!!!

Vote: Kiyo
Just in case.

177Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Doak

Doak

high seraph wrote:The thing is, losing your ENTIRE ROLE is already a pretty good punishment for doing forbidden human transmutation with a monkey's hand in a darkened basement and bringing yourself back to life, you know??? If you just DIE as a result of REVIVING YOURSELF (on top of living an entire phase without your human powers), what's the point??? Dying (again) sounds much more like ANOTHER punishment for another abusive use of Real Magic And Miracles, or like the work of mafia. And, following that same train of thought, why is Cure still around, if what you are suggesting actually happened to Sammie? They were both revived in the same phase, so I'd suppose the same crime would warrant the same punishment, which means she should be dead too, by this logic.

Granted, if Player A asks for Wish, and Player B asks for The Same Wish, it's not 100% guaranteed that they'd get the same punishment. Like, Sammie became a zombie and Cure a vampire, but the bottom line is that they suffered pretty much the same punishment: they each lost their roles. Same crime, same punishment.

I mean, sure, what you say IS a possibility I guess but it seems like a really unlikely possibility, that's what I'm... trying to say here... if you know what i mean...... I mean if Sammie wasn't the NK, then what happened to it? Nobody was stunned (are there any stunners in this game omfg), and I guess you could have been the target that was protected but?? I don't?? Think so??? Basically because it's exactly the same rollover as N0, except you got protected instead of me.

I'm considering a possibility that the mafia might have investigated Sammie's role and she's got something good?? and that's why they're trying so hard to take her down. Again, this is conjecture, and I'm not sure how far we can get following this train of thought but I'm already onboard and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon like wowww shut up about sammie lucas
listen I agree it was probably the NK I think I already said that even but I'm not gonna say I'm sure about it

mostly though a lot of this is just wrong. sammie was revived a phase before cure, not during the same phase. and you're saying that they suffered pretty much the same punishment, but cure isn't allowed to speculate during day phases, so we know it's not just a case of losing their role powers.

plus, if sammie lost her power when she was revived, mafia probably weren't killing her because of her role. it's more likely that they killed her because her alignment had already been revealed. and it's not likely they ever knew her role if she was the n0 nk.

anyway i'm not saying it's likely that sammie's death was for any other reason but it's possible

Taki The Tender wrote:
Doak wrote:anyway I can assure you that I didn't harm you in any way last night and my reasons for visiting you were completely benign, and further I can offer you a small token of advice: if the person you're voting for isn't going to be lynched, you may want to move your vote before the phase is up

What are you imply-
oh...
OH!!!

Vote: Kiyo
Just in case.
feel free to not vote for the person who gets lynched

but I don't advise keeping a vote on someone else

178Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Food for thought:

Kotakia wrote:Mr. Alice has died. They were mafia.

8:2
Kotakia wrote:Cure has been revived.

9:2.
Kotakia wrote:Sammiya has died. They were a zombie.

9*:3*

Day 2 start. Night 2 start at 3 PM CST on January 21st.
Blaire was never listed as reviving. But the ratio is back to 9:3. Also, I think I have an idea of how Blaire died, but I'm not sure and I don't want to get into it just yet.

179Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:54 pm

high seraph

high seraph

oh ok my memory failed to remember the phases they were revived in, and I guess I didn't put my whole mind into the "mayb sammie was investigated" theory sorry lmao. I still don't think this is leading us Anywhere tbh, and I guess I'd rather take the easy route out and just assume that Sammie was the NK because otherwise the NK isn't... well, Anywhere.

But I get what you mean now, and I'm glad u believe in magic doak

Thank u Lux for that timeline omg

I hadn't noticed that the mafia ratio had gone up by 1 either. I DID notice that Blair hadn't been revived which is weird because I'd think the mafia would try to keep their numbers up. Unless they already used up all their Monkey Paws but I think that's not very likely.

180Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 12 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Unrelated but mildly related, did anyone target Mr. Alice with any actions during any phase of the game?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 32 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum