Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10]

+23
ezzelin
drandahl
lulu
Doak
Aeiou
minji
Mr. Gerbear
plotstickers
Sammiya
piplups
chinomi
T3tsuya
Tiki The Troll
Cure
Rasei
deo
high seraph
alcasync
Mr. Alice
Luxaria
Ninfia
Kiyoko
nautilus
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 58]

plotstickers

plotstickers

Sorry for showing up so late and not saying anything after announcing my presence last night. I leave for work before 7 AM and return around 8 PM most days, so backreading the thread and then composing a thoughtful post is very challenging. I doubt I'll get past writing one or two paragraphs on weekdays besides maybe this Thursday because a meeting was canceled.

Off the top of my n0 ended with chinomi and Rasei chilling in detention as well as Cur3 getting jailed and Kotakia getting stunned. Day 1 ended with Kiyoko correctly identifying and leading a lynch on mafia d1. n1 ended early, so there are fewer actions showing up in rollover -- a dead Blaire and a jailed lulu. That sound about right?

the holy cure:

Sorry for summarizing instead of speculating. I'm trying to wrap my head around what happened, and I need to go to bed right now. When I have more time, I might add links for the rollover posts to this one so I can access them easily. I've been getting bronchitis pretty much every month. @_@

Cure

Cure

the "pin it" on the screenshot is my favorite part

chinomi

chinomi

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 33 K1Kfmz0

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also Sensei says that she'll be busy tomorrow during the standard 11am confession time and that she'll get around to confessions Whenever She Gets Back.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

lulu

lulu

WHY JAIL ME I'M JUST AN INNOCENT STUDENT WITH TOO MANY WEAPONS

Anyway, I don't really have thoughts on what alignment the phase ender's likely to be and don't think it's too important unless someone has information specific to it. Given that it happened so late into the phase I doubt it was a strategic decision.

I guess I'll do the honours for first d2 vote?

vote: kiyoko

Some background info because we do have some people new to crywolf:

In Gakuen 1, Kiyoko was a bulletproof mafia. On n0, the mafia team put the NK on her - when this showed up in rollover, everyone assumed she was a clear town. After being cleared (because everyone thought it was inconceivable that a maf team would waste a protect+NK on n0), she led discussion and gave the mafia team a perfect clean sweep win with no deaths.

Maybe I'm being over-paranoid because I'm terrified of maf!Kiyoko (gomen senpai) but I'm somewhat uncomfortable with the parallels to last game. Do something on n0/d1 that a maf would never do, and then chill and help to lead lynches. Kiyoko seems much more relaxed now than she was d1. Further, It's a big enough game that there's enough time for mafia to sacrifice a player in exchange for a clear, and given the crazy roles present last Gakuen Maf, we have no idea if mafia have some kind of ability that would let them recover from an early death (i.e. maybe lindahl needs to be dead to use abilities, or they have a recruitment that requires one of their members to first die, etc. etc.).

Being able to put herself in a position where people are basically fully hard claiming their roles to her is also making me uncomfortable - it is a lot of free information for mafia if she turns out not to be town (not to mention her role copy power, if truthful). Even if non-power roles are claiming to her, this makes it easier for mafia to deduce who the investigators are through process of elimination (as was also done last game) and I really dislike the idea of our investigators becoming exposed.

She also flip flopped on her role information, though that might be due to not wanting to put forward a full claim immediately.

Regarding benefits of the lynch, I feel like the lynch will be informative whether or not she flips town (in particular, if she flips maf we have a very good idea of where to go next with our votes based on who she's been FOSing or not FOSing). Gameplay-wise, as Kiyo pointed out earlier, if she flips town and we have a revive on our team she would probably be one of the only townspeople with the ability to come back to life with a bonus revive - that's probably not something to rely on, though.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Re: the posts you linked

It was 4am, I made a post, reread it and realized it could be grossly misinterpreted, tried to edit it and then it turned out that people were still awake but since pocha seems to know my full role, you could always ask her unless you think both pocha and I are mafia.

While you gunning for me in Gakuen season 1 made sense because, as you told me directly yourself in the S1 maf chat, you were the revive role and therefore knew I could be revived if I flipped town. I don't see that logic applying here. Unless you're the revive role again somehow, which I kind of doubt given your archetype being so gun-crazy, there's not even a guarantee that I'd be revived if I died and flipped town and then town'd be short a power role. I'm possibly willing to accept that you are just the most paranoid mafia player ever and let the vote slide, but I'm not entirely sure I'm the best target for this phase.

Even if you think this is some strange mafia gambit, maybe try going after me when I stop lynching maf.

vote: No Lynch though, just to save myself in the case of another early phase end.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also I guess this warrants its own mention too.

lulu wrote:Kiyoko seems much more relaxed now than she was d1.

I'm actually going through some irl shit right now and have been advised by a few people including the host to step away from the game if it's been stressing me out. I've kind of been attempting to do so with mixed results.

I don't want to make this a pity party let's coddle kiyo thing so I kind of just wanted to say this and then drop the subject. You can still use it in your argument against me, that's fine, I can't fault anyone for being suspicious over a sudden behavior change, but I'm actually not going to respond to this particular point from here on out.

Aeiou

Aeiou

I'm terrified of maf!kiyoko as well as maf!lulu tbh. I don't have any suspicions re:lulu but I'm always hella paranoid about lulu being maf because she's really good at playing maf???

I'm gomen for not being any help, I've just been doing badly with this so far lol there's so much going on for my first game in?? idk since vdex

I just wanted to make a quick post and the only things I can remember standing out to me to respond to atm are someone mentioned me jumping onto the bandwagon a little late, I GUESS I WASNT CLEAR NOW THAT I REREAD IT but I was already thinking of voting that way here: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t167p300-gakuen-mafia-season-2-school-festival-ep03#11715

I just tend to mull on things and wait until last minute to vote usually lmao

Someone I think also mentioned the early phase end being a club mechanic?? But in the phase end/roll over it literally says that none of the club actions went through so that's not really an option. I do feel like the theory of it being a relationship mechanic might be true.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Mornin'.

As a heads up I have a thing today at work and won't be able to check the thread much for most of today.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Aeiou wrote:Someone I think also mentioned the early phase end being a club mechanic?? But in the phase end/roll over it literally says that none of the club actions went through so that's not really an option. I do feel like the theory of it being a relationship mechanic might be true.

I'm pretty sure club abilities/effects would not include a phase end?

Each club confers a special ability to its members, which will be told to the members upon them joining the club. These are in addition to relationship abilities and regular abilities, which will be maintained from Season 1. These powers will affect only the club metagame, and will not influence relationships or players or the whole mafia vs town battle in any way.

From the front page. That said, I do find it odd that the phase end specifically came with mention of club activities failing, but... I think I can see it making sense from a flavor perspective.

Anyway, going to go wake up and warm up before anything else.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Taki blinked in confusion as she once again saw Chinomi's cat sliding out of sight. "Does anyone else wonder why Chinomi's cat isn't in detention with her? Do you think she knows where Chinomi is?" Her expression suddenly changed to one of great concern as she took in a sharp gasp. "Are you lost, little kitty!?" she shouted. "Are you sad and lonely without Chinomi? Is she lost and sad without you!?" Tears started to well up in Taki's eyes before she dashed down the hallway. "Don't worry, little kitty! Taki's going to help yyyoooooouuuuu...!"

Kotakia

Kotakia

Cur3 wrote:"meine schoene Schwester"

That was driving me batty.

Anyways, lulu going hard in the paint (teehee, get it? because I am le artist) against Kiyo is a little strange to me. She's pretty much confirmed our detective and it's a really risky strategy to bus a maf day 1. In fact, in all but maybe 2-3 games I've played over the years, it's been a taboo to clear one player at the expense of another that fast. ...Kiyo was actually partially involved in that one but as a person who was cleared D1 leading a lynch on a mafia member and was then recruited to mafia. So I really don't think she'd pull that gambit.

Last edited by Kotakia on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

Doak

Doak

Kotakia wrote:She's pretty much confirmed our detective
u wot? is there a reason to think this beyond the fact that she led a lynch on a maf day 1?

Kotakia

Kotakia

Did I misunderstand what she was saying? She said she gains information by people acting on her, right?

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

Doak

Doak

Kotakia wrote:Did I misunderstand what she was saying? She said she gains information by people acting on her, right?
oh, yeah, if that's what you mean. I'm not used to that being referred to as a detective, though, I'm only used to that meaning "acts on people for information"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum