Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[minigame]OC Mafia: The Trading Card Game

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

drandahl

drandahl

Throwing this down here to jot down ideas and get quick feedback. Definitely WIP. Might make this post more attractive later.

----------------------------------------------------
ATTENTION DUELISTS: Something has gone terribly wrong [insert some better flavor here] and your favorite children's trading card game has taken on some menacing new form.

Reports from the field are noting that the traditional personas found in our cards have been replaced by what are being referred to as... sorry folks, let me get this straight... "ORIGINAL CHARACTERS."

As I currently understand it, these games now come at a costly price to the loser: Death [replace with better flavored out-of-game state]

As I also understand it, this transformation of the game might have been intentional, as it would seem a band of masked individuals are DUELING TOWNSFOLK INTO SUBMISSION in the darker hours of the day.

----------------------------------------------------

Additions/Alterations to traditional mafia:

Deck and Active Hand
Each player holds both a deck (card reservoir/bank) and an active hand of cards.

Card
Each card has some associated power level.

NK/Vig -> Duel
Attacker and defender compare the sum of power levels. If attacker's is greater, defender dies. Otherwise, defender lives.

Players may choose once per phase to move cards between their Deck and Active hand.

Lynching
Two votes (might not do this if it's too complicated):
1. Vote to lynch
2. Vote for who gets the lynch'd cards

--------
Yes, this is OC Trading Card Game. Interested players will be required to supply 3 to 7 Cards of combined value summing to 21.

An OC Card Registration Form contains the following information:
REG FORM:

There will be a literal google form to fill out; I will be programmatically building card images from information in the form.

OCs may be:
--Of your own creation, or created by others
--Of your own fictional universe, or of an established fictional universe

-----------------------------

TODO:
--Decide on mechanism to get/trade cards
--Decide if mafia should be allowed to trade cards more freely
--Decide if attacker should be allowed to have a larger hand size
--Mildly balance card-related roles

THIS HAS BEEN V0.1

drandahl

drandahl

Additional Notes:

Thinking about adding this if there's concern for anonymity:
--Submitters of cards will remain anonymous.
--Additional cards will be added, to make it less clear to tie OCs to submitters (i.e. to avoid the case where it's blatantly obvious who half the cards belong to)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum