Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN]

+9
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
ezzelin
Aeiou
drandahl
Mr. Gerbear
Luxaria
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 41]

226Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

can we declare a holiday

Eta: I claim this page top in the name of The Best People and/or Bears Memorial Day bless you all

227Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

No but we can declare a PAWliday.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

228Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

There's already a day for it.

It's called All Saints' Day. :(

229Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 BwicORFm

give me your tired, your poor

okay i'm done shitposting i promise

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

230Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Pls never be done shitposting

231Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

we should all go to black bear diner after this game

232Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Omg yes one opened here recently and I haven't tried it yet

233Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Rasei

Rasei

First of all, I'm going to shoot Fran's dead body for killing Alpaca. Mafia I will hunt you down for this crime and I will hurt you.

234Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Well. I was about to say, "At least we know Alca is Town."

Welp...
*Goes back to drink more orange juice*

235Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

You are now subscribed to dranfacts.

Type !dranfacts to receive more dranfacts:

Notable items:
Dylan was a proponent of using the No Vote to force a gun onto someone, but did not want both guns on one player.

Dylan was comfortable with alca or Lux getting the gun(s), but trusted Lux more.

Dylan voted for Mr. Gerbear as an activity vote, while alca called him out on it, and later Blaire agreed with alca.

Dylan originally said Blaire was trustworthy, and then she posted:

Mr. Alice wrote:i pretty much read dran's post the same way alca did btw, so im side eyeing that PRETTY HARD....

and i think mr. gerbear literally won as maf last time just by being busy with his life so yall best watch out (i actually have no idea at the end of that game i think i just blocked it out)

edit: i trust no one not even me

Dylan then never addressed Blaire until he later said "It's mainly the push-back on my activity vote on Gerry by both Alca and Blaire. The way Blaire handled it felt different from her "Let's lynch someone" attitude, and the timing felt weird. Alca's reasoning made sense". It was at the end of a post and I have no idea why it was there. Looking back in context, nothing prompted this that I can see?

Dylan later claimed that his D1 suspicions had been on alca and Blaire for pushback, and also Rasei for gutread. Other than the above mention, he never interacted with Blaire. Rasei responded, imo, uncharacteristically stressed out, which is noteworthy in terms of reading the situation--good acting or genuine.

Dylan said he was sure Lux and katze weren't mafia together.

Dylan kept saying Ninfia felt the most town, to the point that in his list of "do not shoot" he said "rather not pick Lux, Gerry, and Ninfia", previously citing Ninfia's moderate amount of posts and her opinions, and a weird statement of "she always flies under my radar as mafia, and I don't feel that way this time."

It's hard to read into what was a set-up, what was trying to blend in, what was attempting to distance, or what was trying to vouch for someone. Personally, the interactions with Ninfia and Blaire seem weirdest to me. I don't think Rasei and Dylan are likely to plan that interaction they had, but it's not impossible. Mainly they both did an activity vote, but Dylan threw shade on Rasei, Rasei got distressed, and that was... that? They also discussed gun distribution early on in thread. Surprisingly, Dylan managed to avoid mentioning most of the thread as far as I can tell. He did say Tiki was confusing to him, but other than that mostly kept to the names above.

Interesting.

I don't know what I want to propose for the guns. I just wanted to MURICA my way into this game, not DO WHATEVER I'M DOING RIGHT NOW.

Kiyo, you're reading this, this is all your fault, are we doing DS?

236Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:13 pm

katze

katze

Hmmm..... This is very interesting... Thank you alca for getting dylan... I'm just sad to see you go like that. Also, Lux, as I suspected, someone with no bulletproof is gonna get shot at if they're the only one not bulletproof. I still think it's better for maf to just slowly chip away at people than to lower defenses one at a time. But that's just my opinion.

I'll be a little honest right now. Rasei being upset seemed pretty genuine, though it was a bit jarring at the same time, now that you mention it. I'm not 100% sure how to feel about it, but my gut is telling me that she's town... I'll also mention how, i'm wary to say it, but i'll say it anyway, Lux is on my maf radar. She's on my radar for the following reasons:

-Dylan mentioned he trusted Lux more over alca.
-Dylan mentioned that Lux and katze couldn't be maf together.
-Lux was very willing to get me down to bulletproof early on and sort of backpedaled a bit when I questioned it, though admittedly gave pretty good reason.
-Lux questioned me being mafia rather early on without much of a reason in general.

I'm willing to believe, for the moment, Ninfa is town.
Gerry could be town or mafia, but I'm not sure.
Lux, I feel, is mafia.

That's currently where I stand right now, the other players are on a ??? status for the moment. I'm still unsure about the third, but my gut is set on Lux being a bear for the above mentioned reasons.

237Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

katze wrote:Also, Lux, as I suspected, someone with no bulletproof is gonna get shot at if they're the only one not bulletproof. I still think it's better for maf to just slowly chip away at people than to lower defenses one at a time. But that's just my opinion.

katze wrote:-Lux was very willing to get me down to bulletproof early on and sort of backpedaled a bit when I questioned it, though admittedly gave pretty good reason.

Sometimes I really feel like you did not read what I said.

Luxaria wrote:Imo, mafia held the night kill to respond to town rather than show their influence one way or another, on top of the potential for information. I honestly expect them to either hold the kill again next night phase or NK someone with a killproof, rather than anyone we might "lynch" today, especially if that someone is an "inactive". Unless they're legit concerned with ratio-thinning since this game, which isn't unreasonable, but not likely until N3/N4 imo.
Luxaria wrote:You were the only one in both categories. I'd trust you to use a gun, and I want to see what you'd do and how mafia would respond to you losing killproof.
Edit: Further, the shitty part is you are actually active so you dying would be a setback, but I actually don't think mafia is as likely to kill you immediately after losing killproof. I could be 100% wrong on this, though, but this is the best I could do with the mechanics. Who would you rather shred their killproof and give them a gun?
Luxaria wrote:@ katze:
What I've been trying to say is I don't know if they will kill you right away, but I trust you to use the gun
Luxaria wrote:As to the question, what do they actually gain from taking you out? I assume you'd use the gun right away. No matter what it's going to go off, and whoever you hit isn't guaranteed to be mafia, if you're town. You're more likely to hit town, at that. Leaving you up means they prep the town numbers and open up more targets and more to work with. Killing you thins the ratio, sure, but it also shows your alignment and that helps town more than going, "Well, what is katze?"
Luxaria wrote:I said I wanted to vote for you because you were in this position where I believed you were trustworthy for now from D1 reads, had the best chance of survival, and I wanted to see how mafia would react to you no longer having a bulletproof.
If alca is town, I actually won't be surprised if mafia does kill her tonight because she is a prominent voice and that's worth the alignment flip to limit chatter and theories.
Tl;dr: If you were the person with the gun, you are obviously active and going to act with it. I'm saying you felt pro-town and least likely to die, and if you were to die then I'd count on the shot to go to a reasonable/pro-town target.
Luxaria wrote:First off, whether alca lives or dies tonight will be very interesting. I've thought before that mafia is more likely to try and strip away a few killproofs instead of thinning town so that way between that, guns, and lynches, it means they have a lot of options and don't need to prep a kill. I also think they're smart enough to realize this benefits them more for a variety of reasons largely due to economy of actions and denial of information. This said, alca is a centralizing figure, so silencing her might be too valuable. I think that course of action would be a mistake, personally, but it's a possibility.

Highlight the backpedal for me. I went and grabbed all the quotes.

I started off saying, as I believed, you were the least likely to die. Why is this? You are a new quantity to the boards relative to everyone else. Your playstyle isn't as known. On the boards, the meta ends up having the "unknown variables" abused. Whether this is to first go for more typically held unknowns, like Rasei, Tiki, and Blaire, and take them out early to cast shade on the fact that "high spec" players aren't being taken out, or saving those players for thread confusion and taking out aforementioned high spec players, or "scary". These sorts of players are people like Kiyoko, alcasync, Mitsu, so on and so forth, for the record. Alcasync almost always dies early.

I tried to run an evaluation over which players I viewed as least likely to die if they had their killproof stripped, while being people I wanted to give a gun, while being someone I wouldn't mind seeing how thread and mafia responded to it. I chose you as being the most neutral ground target. I said several times I didn't think you were as likely to die. Then alca took the lynch vote on herself and lost killproof, while garnering the trust of the thread throughout the phase. I then started commenting on how at this point I expected alcasync to probably die given her usual role and presence in these games. There was no backpedaling. The situation changed and I adapted my reads on the situation to them.

Do you still think I was backpedaling or inaccurate? Just because alcasync died and you said "it's obvious someone without killproof will get NK'd" before alcasync even voted on herself doesn't inherently mean it was incorrect to think otherwise under different assumptions over how the phase would end. If we had stripped the killproof off of, for example, Mr. Gerbear or Tiki the Troll, and they were town, do you still think that mafia is 100% guaranteed to instantly NK them to thin town numbers when town is sitting there wondering their respective positions in the thread?

The only "backpedaling" I can think of is that once you voiced very obvious concerns and disagreement, both alca and I, and even others, who had been trying to coordinate with only a handful of voices, very abruptly weren't sure what was going to lead to the most cooperation, and we had ~15-20 minutes to figure it out.

katze wrote:-Dylan mentioned he trusted Lux more over alca.
-Dylan mentioned that Lux and katze couldn't be maf together.  

Sorry that a mafia said they trusted me, when the thread generally did as well. There's no defense I can hoist against this beyond my words and actions in this thread.

The other point I included in the summary for the sheer accuracy of covering everything Dylan said. He also never said one of us was mafia--going so far as to note it--just that our disagreement suggested we weren't on a team. This... is something probably anyone in thread would agree on since we wouldn't have had clause to do the back-and-forth unless we were really good at acting. I'm not even saying you're mafia in any of this, which is another point I'll get to in a moment.

katze wrote:-Lux questioned me being mafia rather early on without much of a reason in general.

Can you quote the exact spot I said you were mafia, or that I questioned you being mafia? This is rhetorical because I never said this, but I'll do you a favor:

Luxaria wrote:Vote: No Vote or probably swap to Vote: katze, because first off that name isn't even close to being AMERICAN.
Luxaria wrote:PLAYERS I'D GIVE A GUN:
ezzelin(?), alcasync, Aeiou, katze

PLAYERS I'D LYNCH:
Mr. Gerbear, drandahl(?), katze

Thus why I said I'd vote katze if not No Vote. If I voted katze, that opens me up for getting a gun, which is arguably more pro-town from my perspective if I'm not sure about Dylan getting a gun and want to challenge that.
Luxaria wrote: I'm also willing to either vote for katze or even myself, but since we've kind of mellowed out to consensus (if a bit delayed), I don't want to go against the No Vote pattern unless we're down for it.
Luxaria wrote:Okay, straight up since we have 40 minutes, and thread keeps saying one of us (not that we have a whole lot of different people posting), what are we feeling between you, me, or even someone else delivering a vote? And is it on us, someone else, or just katze as I suggested? Like feel free to propose another option. Katze is just mine from my own personal reads I posted. She hasn't even been in here to weigh in on them, for that matter.
Luxaria wrote:You were the only one in both categories. I'd trust you to use a gun, and I want to see what you'd do and how mafia would respond to you losing killproof. That's just what it was. It's a weird cross of reads because I have to pick someone that's in the range of "I trust them to use this" but "I don't mind opening them up to dying", which lets me learn more about your position, alignment, and how you'd perform. It's more a compliment in that if I have to lynch someone and give them a gun in the process, I'd rather it be you than someone else.

Does that explain it?

Edit: Further, the shitty part is you are actually active so you dying would be a setback, but I actually don't think mafia is as likely to kill you immediately after losing killproof. I could be 100% wrong on this, though, but this is the best I could do with the mechanics. Who would you rather shred their killproof and give them a gun?
Luxaria wrote:What I've been trying to say is I don't know if they will kill you right away, but I trust you to use the gun. If you had said something sooner we could've worked things out a bit better, though, or had more time to discuss it. Problem is also not many other people made a break-down to a similar degree, so my mention of you kind of became a bigger focus.
Luxaria wrote:I know you were busy. I was just trying to say why this had become a discussion point in your absence. I had actually commented that I would have preferred to get you to weigh in before anything else, since this is stripping your killproof for a gun if that happened.
Luxaria wrote:I said I wanted to vote for you because you were in this position where I believed you were trustworthy for now from D1 reads, had the best chance of survival, and I wanted to see how mafia would react to you no longer having a bulletproof. Had I voted on you, you'd get a gun and lose bulletproof.

You are obviously active. If you are town as you claim, which I was willing to put enough faith in from thread + your activity to say I'd trust you with a gun, then you'd be using the gun in a pro-town manner. You'd use the gun this night phase. It would be guaranteed to go off. It would never not go off under any circumstance of inbox or action priority or other. It will always go off.
Tl;dr: If you were the person with the gun, you are obviously active and going to act with it. I'm saying you felt pro-town and least likely to die, and if you were to die then I'd count on the shot to go to a reasonable/pro-town target.
Luxaria wrote:PLAYERS I'D GIVE A GUN:
ezzelin(?), Aeiou, katze, drandahl(?)

[PLAYERS I'M]NOT SURE [WHETHER I WANT TO SHOOT OR NOT]
Aeiou, Rasei, drandahl(?), katze(?)
2. Use one gun on Subset A (katze, Tiki the Troll, Mr. Gerbear) and one gun on Subset B (Mr. Alice, Aeiou, Mr. Gerbear).

I'm still not super fond of that, but it's something. Mainly I've been debating if I want to rotate Dylan in for someone, somewhere. This is tricky since there are only two people I don't want to give a gun to but also want to shoot, and they're both in here. So I counterbalanced that by two people I don't mind receiving guns that are also in my "not sure" on if I want to shoot them. Rasei was up for consideration, but I think I'll hold off on wanting her shot. I'm open to ideas.
Luxaria wrote:Dylan and katze are in no-man's-land where I appreciate their contributions, but I think I don't mind opening them up.
Luxaria wrote:Yeah, I thought that before, which is why I kind of tried to counter-balance my suggestions of "do not want gun' vs "do want gun" so we didn't run as much risk of shooting two people we didn't want to have guns

So, do you see the part where I very clearly questioned that you were mafia rather early on without much of a reason in general?

Did you see the part where I said I put two people in the two subsets I still trusted with guns, but wasn't sure about? Those people being you and Aeiou. Did you see how I repeatedly said I wasn't sure where you fell overall, but you were in a position where I literally said I'd trust you with a gun?

This post is way too goddamn long. That's the tl;dr.

238Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

holy god

239Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 am

drandahl

drandahl

American spirit [animals]:

240Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 16 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:31 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

I apologize for the length and possibly hostile tone of the last post, but I was frustrated. I don't care if anyone suspects me or wants to push actions on me or otherwise, but I do care when the suspicions levied against me and my statements are done so from unacknowledged inaccuracies.

To clear one thing up: This game has an unusual mechanical underpinning that means, for now, lynching and kill attempts arms the target with a gun. This creates an awkward paradigm shift that necessitates weighing the pros and cons. So when I say, "I would lynch this player" or "I would give this player a gun", I am not saying I think you are one alignment or the other. Others may approach this differently, but my goals were to attempt to minimize anti-town gun usage, optimize the odds of town players surviving, and maximize the opportunity to acquire information.

For example, if I say I want to lynch Mitsu and lulu, but I would give Mitsu a gun, while not wanting to give one to lulu, I am not suggesting anything of their alignments. I am saying I do not expect lulu to use the gun optimally for town, but I do think Mitsu will use it to town's benefit. Meanwhile, I want to lynch them to see how the players in the thread, including them, respond to losing their killproofs.

Anyway,

In what feels like revisiting last day phase, I feel like I'd rather we all vote, or we do the one person vote thing again. I don't like the idea of guns being randomly distributed that we cannot reliably account for, much though I prefer more guns in play. I also want us to have an actual active voting phase. Normally I'd say we could entertain the fallback plan of swapping to No Vote near the end if we want, but differing timezones makes that infeasible. Any opinions?

OTHERWISE, reads. They can be people you think are town, people you think are mafia, people you want to lynch, people you want to give a gun--whatever. Everyone should say something this phase. If you don't, I'm viewing you as anti-town. D1 was too quiet.

WOULD GIVE A GUN
ezzelin(?), Aeiou(?), Rasei(?)
WOULD NOT GIVE A GUN
Tiki the Troll, katze, Mr. Gerbear(?), Ninfia, ezzelin(?), Mr. Alice
NOT SURE
Rasei(?), Aeiou(?), Mr. Gerbear(?)

WOULD LYNCH
Tiki the Troll, Aeiou(?), Ninfia(?), ezzelin(?)
WOULD NOT LYNCH
Rasei, Aeiou(?)
NOT SURE
ezzelin(?), Aeiou(?), katze, Mr. Gerbear, Ninfia(?), Mr. Alice

ezzelin's positioning depends on her posts this phase. I don't have many concrete points because most of the thread has been centered around a small number of players, nearly half of which are dead. Right now Rasei and Aeiou are lowest priority for me. Either could still be mafia, and if I had to pick one of the two as being most likely it'd be Aeiou, but I'd rather push the other players first.

I'll review the thread and try to solidify these reads more when I wake. It'd be really swell if others gave such a thing a go, too.

This post is too long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum