Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

DISTROCTION: a fanfiction

+9
drandahl
angel★
katze
Ninfia
ezzelin
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
nautilus
high seraph
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 24]

91DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Actually on that note, I'm not inclined to believe katzet is Mafia. darndahl is lower on the list too, because of jail. And if ninpia actually has to vote for herself, I'm guessing she's not Maf either.

Edit. Though, huh, problem with my current theory, there are nine players. Still, hmm...

92DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:24 pm

nautilus

nautilus

So I guess this doesn't really hurt, but the theory I mentioned really early on in the phase that I wasn't sure was 100% correct was indeed the theory that if someone targets a player, the action resolves on whomever's role they have. This is because the Blaire thing felt really strange to me, and if this isn't the case then the second most plausible option in my mind is that Blaire was redirected somehow or Blaire was a miller killed by a vigilante. For what it's worth, if this is the case, it explains the claiming rule in this game.

I didn't out this theory immediately because I feel like some people, if mafia, would have caught onto this theory extremely quickly (that is, mafia would likely know if this is the case had they NK'd Katze) and I was wondering whether or not anyone would bring it up. For the record, if this theory is true, I'd feel like mafia wouldn't bring this theory up and push it as a plausible option because then it leaves town in the dark about what happens to their targets, but Tiki seems pretty convinced this is a thing and it's already out in the open.

The only kink in this theory is Kiyoko, who suggests that she specifically targeted a player and it got through on the intended player, rather than rerouted to another player? Unless whatever result she had doesn't confirm the eventual target's name.

Last edited by rautilus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

93DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I have a plan to test my theory tonight.
For now though, hmm, how to vote... (Is it bad I hope we don't lynch the other Mafia today so that this marvelous game doesn't end on D1? XD)

And huh...speaking of voting, if our actions affect the person with the role name, would that count for lynches as well? Like, we go to lynch darn, we lynch Kiyo instead?

94DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

As a white straight male, if it helps, my action is described as "guessing a player name" rather than specifically targeting a player. I did choose anglestar and my results said "anglestar is not [a white straight male]" though. I wonder now whether I'm supposed to guess ninpia or [white straight male, the actual player] in order for my action to succeed.

Also I know a lot of the roles now too.

eta: I would highly appreciate nobody lynching me, darndahl, ninpia or tiki the torll so that I can establish my platonic heterosexual white straight male friendship. After that I don't care anymore what happens to me or any of the other above individuals in this game.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

95DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also, double post as a heads up to say that, as a white straight male, I will probably not be around at rollover because I'm heading over to my place today to hang out with myself for video game and rootbeer float night.

I will try to vote exactly one minute before rollover as is custom for white straight males, but no promises.

96DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:00 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

.... I am entirely too warm and sleepy rn to discuss this. we're in a good position, so vote: no lynch and good night.

97DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:04 pm

nautilus

nautilus

The following list assumes the redirected action theory is true. If it's true and Blaire was killed by an NK that targeted Katze that was redirected back at her, then I don't particularly suspect the following:

Tiki the Troll
Katze

Unfortunately we won't know if the redirection theory also applies to the day phase unless we try, so.

I kind of want to vote Angel again because we at least know she isn't the straight white male town if Kiyoko isn't lying (apparently, assuming redirection doesn't also affect Angel's role, but given the name of the player is right there in Kiyoko's result I doubt it), though I will admit it's a little weird for Kiyoko's role to apparently be an exception to this theory.

My only issue with voting for Angel is that if the theory is true in the day and someone else gets sent to the shadow realm over Angel, I haven't the faintest clue who Angel could be other than the fact that she isn't someone who is a white, straight male.

Last edited by rautilus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

98DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:04 pm

high seraph

high seraph

YLLAT ETOV

ninpia I
no lunch I

rautilus

kiyonko

tiki the torll

ezeling

ninpia

katzet

anglestar

darndahl

- anglestar ninpia

-

-

- no lunch

- ninpia

-

-

-

99DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:04 pm

drandahl

drandahl

And by "myself", Kiyonko means me.

Which is 100% more fun than a solo video game and rootbeer float night.

So, I'll probably also be busy for the same reason. Also, I'm going to be so happy if "voting last minute" is part of your role, Kiyonoko.

I'm still thinking about my vote, though.

100DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

kiyonko wrote:I will try to vote exactly one minute before rollover as is custom for white straight males, but no promises.

...ehehehehe...

From the sounds of it, I think your best bet would be using your ability on ninpia tonight. Also, I'll just go along with Ezz. Vote: no lunch. We've basically started off this game with a 7:1 ratio, and have even gotten a lot of info already. Not to mention, as I said before...no rush to end this. =D

101DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

If my role is also susceptible to redirects, then as a white straight male I will be very frustrated because I almost chose to guess that [white straight male] was [white straight male] just to be funny about it, and if that is the actual solution then what a missed opportunity.

I'm going to try ninpia next and then if that doesn't work I'll try The Original™ [white straight male].

102DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:27 pm

angel★

angel★

idk if i'm in the right state of mind to think clearly about this game rn and all the redirections but i would appreciate not being lynched until n2 if possible. i also do wonder what'll happen if the redirection theory is true and i die bc ????

???????

103DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:36 pm

drandahl

drandahl

I'm having trouble skimming this spec quickly while at work, so I'll focus on my own thoughts on the rollover.

I'm worried about NLunch in the event Mr. Aliss was really a miller. If she was (and if there's no redirection), then she's a pretty atypical NK target. I could see mafia deciding to not NK Kiyonko and rautilus N0 for both "they're going to be protected" or "bleeding heart" reasons (considering they just got done hosting), though then I'd expect Ninpia, Tiki, or Ezz to be the target if that were the case (considering they're often the most vocal in-thread).

Maybe this really is stronger evidence of a redirect, then. Though if Blaire was a miller, I'll be a little more suspicious of Ninpia, Tiki, and Ezz.

On another note, I'm trying to figure out whether the jail was mafia- or town- originating.. and also I'm trying to figure out where it came from (maybe I missed some hint somewhere, sorry if I did. I'm kind of typing this out quickly.). I'm leaning town, since I could see "town blocks darndahl N0 because he's a likely N0 NK sender if he were mafia" being more likely than a "maf blocks darndahl N0 because he's dangerous N0 as town".

Anyway, still collecting my thoughts.

Also, angle*'s identity is clear to me now.

104DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:43 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I agree, angle's identity is also clear to me now.

darndahl wrote:I'm leaning town, since I could see "town blocks darndahl N0 because he's a likely N0 NK sender if he were mafia" being more likely than a "maf blocks darndahl N0 because he's dangerous N0 as town".

Keep in mind that if the redirection theory is true, then this goes up one level and it becomes "who would jail whomever is you". I can honestly see a jail in a vacuum going either way because of its protective and stunning abilities, but if we go up one level then I'm going to assume it's more likely than not a mafia jail than a town jail.

I am not paying much attention to this game but I'll also be sad if I die because Kiyoko and I just got done hosting a game that was like, 26 phases long, we haven't played mafia in a while bear with the two of us

Last edited by rautilus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

105DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

it can't be DISTROCTION if i don't steal any pagetops now can it

FUCK I MISCALCULATED

hides in shame

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum