Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

DISTROCTION: a fanfiction

+9
drandahl
angel★
katze
Ninfia
ezzelin
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
nautilus
high seraph
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 24]

271DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:33 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I have another thing. It... might kill people this time given the thing's name (it is the same as Kiyoko's thing with one difference) and the flavour text associated when I got the thing which is significantly different than the other one. It seems to be malicious and I don't want someone to be accidentally owned by it.

I'd hazard you only accept the thing if you're willing to die, just in case it turns out badly.

I'm pretty sure if I were mafia and wanted to act on Kiyoko in a really sneaky way with my thing in an attempt to hurt her, I would definitely not announce my intention to in-thread, and if I were mafia who wanted to give boosts to town with my ability to make me seem more town I would not give Kiyoko something that basically amounted to nothing at all. If anything, Kiyoko can confirm whatever I did didn't impede her STRAIGHT WHITE MALE quest.

vote: ezeling

ezeling is Kiyoko anyways, so if we want to figure out the "are nautilus and Kiyoko the mafia" thing, we can test it out with this lunch. I have other reasons that I want to vote ezz other than that, but. It's on the table.

Also, for anyone going: "why are you voting ezeling when ezeling was stunned on a night with an NK with seemingly :1M" -- I have reason to believe Blaire was a miller all along or there's a convert.

I had thoughts about this earlier after Angel's flip because Angel flipped as Blaire (who is the likeliest player to be a redirection role in this game) but we've been assuming this entire time that Blaire was mafia who was redirected on themselves. That being said, Angel straight up said she didn't act N0, so unless there's another redirection role in play... if the player who has the role most likely to be a redirection states they didn't act N0, then... ??

I have more reason now, given what happened this phase and during the night phase, to believe Blaire was either miller or there's a conversion in play. I know Katze isn't particularly miller material.

Or this is the plot twist Lucas mentioned and no one's mafia.

@Kiyoko - The way my main ability works and the reason why I can't use things on myself is that the thing is like... the byproduct of my main ability, and flavour-wise I can't do the things on myself because like... it's implied whenever I use my main ability, I use the thing on myself first (flavour-wise) and then the thing actually becomes an item that I can use on other people (with a presumably different effect, but idk what it does for sure) during the day. From that, you should be able to guess at least a bit of what my ability does? Especially given the name of the thing...

272DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:38 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Also, to answer Katze: No, normally mafia doesn't have detectives unless they're role detectives (that is, they receive the role flavour and not the alignment).

A detective that only figures out alignments is kind of useless to mafia, since mafia inherently knows everyone else other than them is town/neutral, and neutrals can be elucidated through role investigation if the role's flavour involves a win of any sort.

Last edited by rautilus on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

273DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:46 pm

katze

katze

@mitsu

8)

thanks

274DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hmmm. I'm thinking about this more and I seriously do wonder whether or not the claiming rule is in play simply because the mafia is Kiyoko and nautilus (the roles, not the players).

By process of elimination that would be ezeling (Kiyoko) and darndahl (nautilus), but I'm not really looking too deeply into this right now.

Some other thoughts... I buy into Blaire possibly having two parts to her role (miller + jailer/what have you) because my role is split into two parts and it seems like a few others (Kiyoko, Ninfia) have quirks as part of theirs that cause things to happen, maybe. I do strongly feel like Blaire was a miller and that she was the NK target for N0, which just shows the evolution of my theories throughout the game. Every single phase a new one is debunked mentally for me. A+ game.

To me, Blaire wasn't true mafia, which means that everyone who was stunned the night an NK went through (Katze, ezzelin) is fair game.

The reason (or, well, a reason) why I'm voting ezeling is because I'm... not the silencer and the flavour of my role (which Kiyoko can deduce from the name of the Thing) really doesn't lend itself well to being a silencer, though I can provide more evidence to the contrary if necessary. I don't think anyone else in the game is the silencer, and especially not Angel, since she herself denied being the silencer when I brought it up in-thread and flipped town. Also she said that her role didn't impact people and silencing definitely impacted Tiki.

darndahl's claimed stun and hasn't been CC'd, and I doubt Lucas would give someone the ability to act twice in one phase, Katze can't be the silencer because of the stun, and silencing seems like an anti-town ability enough to make me think neither Kiyoko nor Ninfia is the silencer.

Either way, if the ratio's "truly" 5:1 right now, it shouldn't be any problem for us to test out this lunch on ezz because we should have a pretty huge margin if there really is one mafia left, and I have no problem falling on my sword afterwards if it goes badly.

Also the thing I got today might be a bad thing? I kind of want to give it to Kiyoko because if it ends up being a good thing then I trust her with it over any other + she said once she found platonic straight male friendship then she'd be okay with whatever, but I don't want to do it without her permission and it might... not... be good. I do have a theory on what the things do now, and it shouldn't be a dud this time, but...

Kiyoko do you want this thing?

275DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:25 pm

nautilus

nautilus

D...ouble posting but hopefully it's okay.

I won't be around for much of tomorrow because I'm pretty busy, but since Ninfia seems unable to not vote for herself every single phase, only 5 votes in this game effectively count. If two of these votes are mafia votes (which I believe to be the case), then everyone voting becomes pretty important. I'm... hoping the thread becomes more active tomorrow because I feel like I'm yelling in an echo chamber.

I have been stewing over this and unless Lucas is straight up trolling the game, I believe that there are two mafia alive right now and that the game's ratio is really 4:2. Honestly given that the majority of the game (except for me I guess) seems to believe there's one maf, there's really no problem if we experiment around a bit and I would like to lunch ezeling for the sake of experimentation.

I know ezeling voted me for being more aggressive this game and for lack of better options, but keep in mind I am definitely not an aggressive mafia player 99% of the time and Round 14 was the exception, and if I were solo!mafia I definitely would not have gone after someone who was stunned while an NK was sent in.

The only other player other than ezeling that I feel could be the silencer is Ninpia, since all other players either were stunned or have another action they can send in (including me), but I think silencing is anti-town enough that it probably isn't Ninpia/Ninpia as town would not silence the most active person in this thread other than me. A... ctually anyone as town would not silence Tiki.

It's pretty likely it's a maf silence, and we don't know if it does anything like giving lunchproofs to people because nothing ever happened to Tiki afterwards. Unless the payoff was exceptionally good (and clearly it didn't give Tiki a bulletproof the next night), I feel like any town silencer would just straight up abstain from using it if at all necessary.

I'm off, but @Kiyoko - I know as a straight white male you have to vote last minute always, but I'd like to know the intentions of your vote beforehand.

276DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

As a white straight male, I'm still not home yet. I'll post properly when I do.

Ninpia is not the silencer, and you don't need to worry about her vote. Between the two of ninpia and I, we actually have multiple invisible votes to work with, because as white straight males we are extra privileged.

As a white straight male I'm willing to test the theory of hosrmaf.

I'm not fully caught up yet, I'll speculate when I am.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

277DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Okay as a white straight male, I've currently got one hell of a headache so I'm going to keep this brief.

If Blaire was mafia, then according to my white straight male speculation, there's one maf remaining and it's probably nautilus.

If Blaire was not mafia, then according to my white straight male speculation, there are two maf remaining and it's probably dylan and ezzelin.

Since the latter case is more urgent, I, as a white straight male, am very down for lynching ezzelin today.

Something something white straight male something white straight male. I've forgotten how many times I've reminded people I'm a white straight male today, but in case all of you forgot that I was a white straight male, I am, in fact, a white straight male.

Oh right, as I've succeeded in my white straight male mission, Mitsu you are welcome to use things on me. I don't have a night action anymore so the only way you can really interfere with my role is to kill me.

278DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:21 am

high seraph

high seraph

i forgot (again) to tell u guys when the phase ends lmao im so sorry

phase ends on 12am brazilian time again. we're back in the regular schedule thank u for ur attention

279DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:22 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

rautilus wrote:ezeling is Kiyoko anyways, so if we want to figure out the "are nautilus and Kiyoko the mafia" thing, we can test it out with this lunch. I have other reasons that I want to vote ezz other than that, but. It's on the table.
I'd rather we try to find mafia, not "test theories", and by order of elimination, you and kiyo are the only ones that haven't either had an NK on them or have been stunned when there was an NK.

rautilus wrote:I had thoughts about this earlier after Angel's flip because Angel flipped as Blaire (who is the likeliest player to be a redirection role in this game) but we've been assuming this entire time that Blaire was mafia who was redirected on themselves. That being said, Angel straight up said she didn't act N0, so unless there's another redirection role in play... if the player who has the role most likely to be a redirection states they didn't act N0, then... ??
angel could have lied. someone else could have been straight up reflect rather than an actual bus.
and frankly, role names don't neccessarily lend themselves to the role powers all that obviously; my ability isn't that plainly connected to who I am at all, and half of what I'm assuming about role names + role powers of players isn't that obvious, either.

rautilus wrote:Also, for anyone going: "why are you voting ezeling when ezeling was stunned on a night with an NK with seemingly :1M" -- I have reason to believe Blaire was a miller all along or there's a convert.
I sincerely doubt there's a convert. Not in a game of this size; we've seen how that goes in small games before, and I honestly don't think lucas would put a convert role in a small game, because it's just too strong.

rautilus wrote:I have been stewing over this and unless Lucas is straight up trolling the game, I believe that there are two mafia alive right now and that the game's ratio is really 4:2. Honestly given that the majority of the game (except for me I guess) seems to believe there's one maf, there's really no problem if we experiment around a bit and I would like to lunch ezeling for the sake of experimentation.
alright, I'll bite. let's say the ratio is really 4:2 and blaire was miller. how exactly does that give us space for experimentation?

if the ratio really is 4:2, we're basically at MYLO. This is not the time for "oh let's do a little experiment". we have to find mafia, and we are not going to find it by lunching me.

rautilus wrote:I know ezeling voted me for being more aggressive this game and for lack of better options,
lack of better options? not at all. I voted you because I believe you are mafia, simple as that. there is no "lack of better option", everything I see tells me you are very likely mafia, either the last one, or one of the last two, if I bite in the miller theory.

kiyonko wrote:If Blaire was mafia, then according to my white straight male speculation, there's one maf remaining and it's probably nautilus.

If Blaire was not mafia, then according to my white straight male speculation, there are two maf remaining and it's probably dylan and ezzelin.
curious, how in the world does the possibility of there being two mafia suddenly make it two different players? how exactly am I any more scummy than you and mitsu?

if you ask me, if there are actually two mafia left, it's mitsu and kiyo. if there's one, it's probably mitsu.

imho if mitsu really was town, she would go after kiyo rn, given the circumstances. I also don't think town!mitsu would be up for testing a theory at possible MYLO.

280DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

As a white straight male, I might not be around much today so this will likely be my last post this phase.

@ezzelin: If Blaire was not actually mafia, then the stun you used to "clear" yourself is no longer valid. Also you're the only one who can be the silencer.

Also Ninfia has my full role PM now and can vouch for a lot of things. I have her full role PM now too which clears a lot of things up.

In any case, as a white straight male vote: ezzelin. It was never a requirement that I vote last minute, that was just to make fun of Dylan.

281DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:29 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

kiyonko wrote:@ezzelin: If Blaire was not actually mafia, then the stun you used to "clear" yourself is no longer valid.
IF, yes. we can look at that possibility once we get at least one mafia out of the way, and I'm fairly sure that in either scenario nautilus is one. maybe I shouldn't mention gut feeling, and say I have ~reasons~ then people would believe me.

kiyonko wrote:Also you're the only one who can be the silencer.
I'm not silencer, though. don't know how you got that, but it's not me. my role hasn't shown up in rollover in any way.

I also would never have silenced tiki after knowing how ccs maf's silence messed with him. not to mentioned he got NK'ed right after. my weakness as mafia is being too soft on my friends, how would any of that make any fucking sense if I were mafia?

but yeah, if you wanna lose, go ahead and lynch me. I honestly don't even care anymore, I'm not gonna repeat what I already said a bunch of times, because obviously there are people whose votes are followed and those whose votes are not followed, regardless of soundness of their arguments.

I'm sorry for sounding bitter, but after how my last game before I decided to take a break went, it really upsets me to feel that we're going to lose because of me.

282DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:46 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

ezeling wrote:my weakness as mafia is being too soft on my friends, how would any of that make any fucking sense if I were mafia?

DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 9ad3fcd51db618d16b100b19441345dd7e5204b18ba569fd06d34c5687eb8a65

ezeling wrote:I'm sorry for sounding bitter, but after how my last game before I decided to take a break went, it really upsets me to feel that we're going to lose because of me.

DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 635953952470933960-1059257098_tumblr_nj06guQnce1t3xksao1_250

283DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I have not been getting emails for this game and I keep forgetting about it with my new work schedule. Back reading!

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

284DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I've read very quickly.on my break, but I'm gonna just have to vote for the most scummy person ever. Total scum lord.

vote: ninpia

Will speculation when I'm home

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

285DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 19 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:35 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hello I am home now. I have food and I'm ready to speculate.

ezeling wrote:I'd rather we try to find mafia, not "test theories", and by order of elimination, you and kiyo are the only ones that haven't either had an NK on them or have been stunned when there was an NK.

If the ratio is truly 5:1, then this shouldn't be a problem, right? Even if I am solo maf, there is absolutely no way that I have multiple vigilante kills in one phase that could make up the gap, and I've made enough of a ruckus about this that if I risk a mislunch now, there's absolutely no way I can last until the end of the game.

You yourself were pretty bold about assuming Blaire was mafia and bussed, here, simply from the theory that actions resolve before the NK. Even though that doesn't really speak on Blaire's alignment, you assumed because she was the jailer (which I also believe from the jailer's target) that she was likely mafia jailer. There have been town jailers before. I have been a town aligned jailer before. And in the absence of any apparent vigilantes on the town side to my knowledge, why would mafia absolutely have a jailer? Blaire could have been a miller and town jailer.

ezeling wrote:but basically, this only confirms my belief that there's a bus and blaire was in fact mafia.

there was a jail on N0 (on dran), and there was no jail N1. katze, who was stunned, claimed to not be jailer. what I think happened was blaire was maf jailer (which would also make sense, as jail tends to be maf-originating more often than town, as to give maf also a protective utility whereas town gets protect and stun separately), and the NK got bussed on her. which also means that the stun is town, as I definitely don't see mafia being jail + stun, plus there's the silence which has to be maf.

ezeling wrote:angel could have lied. someone else could have been straight up reflect rather than an actual bus.
and frankly, role names don't neccessarily lend themselves to the role powers all that obviously; my ability isn't that plainly connected to who I am at all, and half of what I'm assuming about role names + role powers of players isn't that obvious, either.

Sure, but then who's that reflect role? No one's owned up to actually having a bus, and I feel like Angel's a pretty truthful mafia player in most games since she's pretty honest with her information, even if it could hurt her. She outed all of her information before her lunch in Actual Distortion.

As for your second point, I concede this, but also: my role fits to a T with my role name and Kiyoko was able to likely deduce my role from my action. Ninpia has been voting herself all game, which is Tiki's M.O. It's equally unlikely that most of the roles are ambiguous and don't fit well with their names.

I find it really interesting you later concede that the 4:2 thing could be a thing, because once we accept 4:2 might actually be the true ratio, any defense you may have had by not sending in the NK last night falls apart. In that same vein, how are you any less suspicious than myself or Kiyoko? You're buying into a theory from someone you strongly believe is mafia, enough to drag Kiyoko into it and assume she's mafia alongside with me if there's two maf, when Ninpia apparently knows Kiyoko's full role.

At least I know Kiyoko's role is very likely what she says it is, because the "Your action failed" she quoted in thread is the exact message someone gets when their action fails. If I'm not to be believed, ask Katze, whose action also failed once before in the game.

ezeling wrote:IF, yes. we can look at that possibility once we get at least one mafia out of the way, and I'm fairly sure that in either scenario nautilus is one. maybe I shouldn't mention gut feeling, and say I have ~reasons~ then people would believe me.

Let's make this pretty straight: people in this game know more about my role than we do yours. I'm not buying into ambiguous reasons for you thinking I'm maf, because you were stunned last night.

Reasons makes me think you're claiming investigative and a result makes you think I'm mafia.

There was no way you could investigate me last night unless there's some really fucked up roles in this game, and given your quote about how you're all about finding mafia instead of testing theories, if you investigated me somehow in the day phase you probably would have advocated for a vigilante to kill me or something, since, one mafia left until I brought up the possibility of two. You said you weren't a fan of me experimenting because we could lose. If you had ambiguous reasons to think I was mafia earlier in the game, why not lunch me earlier?

You did not advocate for my kill on N2 either, instead waiting until today to force a lunch on me. So let's assume you have a role that would give you reasons to want to lunch me this phase, with a result obtained before N2.

If you knew I was mafia for reasons before N2, why didn't you lunch me over Angel?

For the record I don't mean any of this in a bad way and I hope I didn't make you any more upset (;;) -- if I did, I'm really sorry!

I... do think my argument is kind of sound, though, and I'm probably not going to unvote.

Last edited by rautilus on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum