Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [THE END]

+21
drandahl
Rasei
katze
Kiyoko
She-Ra
Crypsis
Ardonye
chinomi
ezzelin
high seraph
angel★
Mr. Alice
T3tsuya
Tinylightsflash
alcasync
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Five
Mr. Gerbear
Cure
nautilus
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 60]

871distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Cure

Cure

I don't think stats/achievements should count for this game because it honestly wasn't really a mafia game at all, so normal mafia achievements shouldn't apply to it.

872distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I think that this game was pretty clearly non-traditional from the start, so to me it makes sense that achievements would still count.

It's also kind of unfair that we weren't told it would be a no achievement game until the end?

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

873distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Considering I got some very hard achievements from an aborted game, I'm okay with people getting achievements for a completed one. And despite it not being traditional as a game, some of the achievements were achieved in a "standard" sort of way (like the ra-ra-Rasputin achievements).

874distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Cure

Cure

Nifnia wrote:It's also kind of unfair that we weren't told it would be a no achievement game until the end?

I mean, we weren't told much of anything until the end.

If people insist on achievements, I think some shouldn't be counted (balancing act/Pyrrhic victory/carrying the team) simply because the game was literally designed to get down to the last three people and only have one mafia at any given time so they're really not achievements that were achieved by doing anything. And mafia didn't even know they were mafia.

875distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I think that the broader forum game achievements are pretty different from things like how the game work, since you know, the point of the game was to not have a lot of information.

additionally, I can agree that perhaps mafia alignment achievements perhaps shouldn't count since it does feel like the mafia should be aware they're mafia to get them, but I think that host achievements should be awarded. The hosts worked incredibly hard on making a fantastic game, and it would be pretty difficult for the achievements to happen regardless of how the game was designed.

876distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Cure

Cure

if the game is designed so that a new mafia is rolled every time the previous one dies, it is literally designed to get down to the last three people, and would be impossible to end any time sooner. i don't think that achievement should qualify because it's not really an achievement if it's built into the design of the game.

I still think it would be better to just not have any stats/achievements.

877distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

kay. I disagree. This is a main game and I think the only achievements that can reasonably be excluded are the mafia achievements.

I mean with my ability I could have killed someone in the night phase and made it 1:1. There were guns. there were revives. a lot of things could have happened.

878distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

AH. That ending was nice~

I probably wouldn't have ever gotten my name, though. I was focusing in on the fact my character was a parent and would be shielding their kid (so clingy, overprotective, nurturing etc) from the danger to the best of their ability.

I really enjoyed this game~ And would like playing a similar one at some point again~

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

879distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:38 am

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

I am very late for the ending but good job everyone.

880distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Out of the ones listed that people would've gotten if achievements counted, I think only Carrying The Team and An Eye For An Eye shouldn't count. The rest might as well count, as they don't specifically rely on the mafia part of the game.

Pyrrhic Victory and Balancing Act weren't even listed as achievements that people would get if they counted, I believe; and I agree that they shouldn't count. While I definitely agree that the hosts worked very hard on the game, those award a very specific situation, not general hard work and flavour writing; it was in the game's design to end like this, so there's no achievement in such an ending actually occurring.

881distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:28 am

nautilus

nautilus

At the moment Kiyoko and I've discussed, and the two of us are kind of in agreement that to make it a bit easier we'd prefer it to be sort of an all-or-nothing deal.

We both kind of feel that it would complicate the process further if we were to try to pick and choose certain achievements to count, especially since certain players seem to be in disagreement over which ones should count, so.

By all means though if people want certain achievements to count, then make a case; from my own personal standpoint I feel like at least all the role related achievements should count, but I digress. It likely would have been less complicated had mafia ever realized they were mafia (which there were checks for in the flavour, fyi, there are different situations if you encounter something while possessed by the beast that would clue you in) but this situation never came to pass.

I'll leave this open a bit longer.

882distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:30 am

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

If achievements are all-or-nothing in this gametype, I would personally go for nothing. The harder to get achievements are very special for very specific circumstances balanced for a normal gametype of which this is not. The achievement system did not prepare for a game like this being specifically written so that certain things would come to pass.

Instead, I'd suggest handing out super cool special "I survived distortion" achievements or something similar.

883distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

To give the counterpoint argument, this host is entirely fine with achievements and stats not counting at all for this game. On one hand, I understand people wanting certain achievements, but on the other hand I don't want to overcomplicate things when this game is already over and I'd much rather nobody get achievements then have to deal with "why did x get y achievement when I don't think they deserved it."

Between Mitsu and I we're fairly open to anything and we mostly just want to go with the option that makes the most people happy and/or the least people upset.

Besides Mitsu and I made all the trophy icons anyway we can easily sprite unofficial "good effort gold star" trophies if it'll make everything easier.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

884distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:43 am

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

kiyonko wrote:Besides Mitsu and I made all the trophy icons anyway we can easily sprite unofficial "good effort gold star" trophies if it'll make everything easier.

I will fight for this.

885distortion [THE END] - Page 59 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Heh. I'm actually okay with an "I survived" achievement, like you'd get on a shirt after a roller coaster. Then again, I wasn't up for any achievements.

I'll live with whatever you guys decide, though. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum