Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [THE END]

+21
drandahl
Rasei
katze
Kiyoko
She-Ra
Crypsis
Ardonye
chinomi
ezzelin
high seraph
angel★
Mr. Alice
T3tsuya
Tinylightsflash
alcasync
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Five
Mr. Gerbear
Cure
nautilus
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 60]

856distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 am

Five

Five

Oh my god. I can't believe I didn't just sit in the church and light candles the entire game. I was legitimately considering it because it seemed like a fun RP thing but I thought it was completely useless.

857distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:01 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

so did chi ever get to fuck the house

858distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

nautilus wrote:
One more secret: a lot of roles had different flavour in locations depending on where they were. Like, ezz had special flavour for the park murder scene because ezz being a cop would be able to identify what the series of letters and numbers meant.
I was in the park when I died hisses..........

859distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:34 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Sorry I got super busy towards the end of the game but thank you everyone for the great game, it was really cool!!!

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

860distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:35 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Also I sent all the conspiracy theories early on in the game.

I had a huge one planned but just didn't have the time to execute it due to IRL bullshit rip

861distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:56 am

high seraph

high seraph

i cant believe i was actual mafia oh my god

oh myg od my mind is all over the place right now and I don't even know what to comment anymore. Kiyo and mitsu thank you so much for hosting this game, walking around town and gathering clues was incredibly interesting and I loved every single line of flavor in this game ;w;!!! I wish I could've been more helpful for town since I'm so bad at making sense out of obscure clues and hints, but hAHA I CANT BELIEVE I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO MANAGED TO GUESS MY NAME

(also mitsu don t disappear from crywolf u nerd)

862distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:24 am

nautilus

nautilus

I explained this to someone but long story short: we also really wanted to make a game where no one could trust each other to really emulate that small town, murder mystery feel of "what is going on who can I trust who is the killer is it really me?"

For a lot of the incorrect flips we tried to twist the flavour of the role ever so slightly to make them seem like mafia even though they really weren't, with leading information (like the torn paper) to make people rationalize certain possibilities as being correct without going out and confirming said possibilities (though Tiny's role was indeed as creepy as it was and wasn't exaggerated for the obituary, it was literally the worst).

Ardonye's messages were SO GOOD.

863distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I keep hearing about these amazing Nye messages.
I would like to see them.

864distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Oh right. In order to unlock the Lady with the White Umbrella storyline, you personally had to visit at least two locations that referenced her. The information sharing in thread actually seemed to discourage people from visiting those locations after someone else had already been there, and so no one managed to unlock that story.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

865distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

Tiki you got one of them! It was the.Scooby Doo conspiracy meme

866distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Oh that was you! Well, thank you. While it was pretty much useless, I only got 4 messages all game, so I appreciate it. =D
Hmm, makes me wonder then...the only message I still don't know the source of is the message asking if I was a hacker, and/or meme lord. Who was that?

And aww...I guess finding her umbrella (and, presumably, the knife she sacrificed herself with) wasn't direct enough to be my 2nd reference to her? :(

867distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

The trigger was the year "1916" in relation to a woman with an umbrella. By the second time, your character would notice a pattern, and would gain the ability to search 1916 in both the archives and the book catalogue in the library. From the library, the final clues about the storyline and the mafia would resolve in the church alcove where the umbrella is. The only player to get two or more trigger events was chinomi who died shortly after the second trigger.

The entire storyline takes 9 phases minimum (though they can be done in between exploration for items, etc.) and any information found in that storyline is fairly similar to the information found in the death exploration route, so the information was intended to be passed along in death with the Lady with the White Umbrella story as a bonus, rather than a core storyline.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

868distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:18 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hi, so, two things:

1) Death was intended to be done in parallel because death is... a slog. I was hoping that anyone who did figure out the way to getting the information that was the true benefit of dying would actually pass it onto another player that would then later revive (this is exactly why revival is actually not automatic in death: the player triggers it manually).

I didn't expect people to go down both branches because there's no way one person can get down both branches in one game; eleni and drandahl's pairup in death was the closest to what I had expected would happen in death. Unfortunately due to skipped actions and phases, not a lot of people got as far as I would have hoped haha, but eleni was the closest to figuring out the true benefit of death + chi was closest to it in life

2) After some consultation with Kiyoko and other players who brought some points up: we've contemplated having achievements and stats count in this game after all. We'd like to gauge thread's opinions on that though first -- if the majority of the players are cool with achievements and stats counting for this game then we'll count them. Let us know what you think!

869distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:26 pm

high seraph

high seraph

im not ok w doing achievements bc i didnt get any

(jk i think u guys deserve the skeleton trophy so i'm totally ok w it)

(are you still gona sprite me a consolation ra ra rasputin tho)

870distortion [THE END] - Page 58 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Idk if I feel comfortable getting that maf achievement when I didn't know I was. It's not really an achievement when I.. didn't do anything.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum