Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 18]

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

@Alca: No, I have never played with Megrid before. Also hmm.

@Jaiser: Assuming you're asking me. Stuns are a role that belong to both town and mafia. We presumably only have one, and we don't currently know whether it's a town role or a mafia role. The fact that he made a post that threw shade on me under the assumption that the stun was a mafia role is really interesting to me, especially because Tiki is only somewhat clear if the stunner is a town stun.

If the stunner is a mafia stun (assuming the town doesn't know if it's a maf or town stunner), that negates it completely because it's a valid mafia strategy to stun your own because it makes your teammate look innocent, without any risk of blocking the NK.

VOTE TALLY
alcasync vs Cthuluhoop No Lynch
Jaiser vs alcasync
Kiyoko vs drandahl No Lynch
Mr. Alice vs alcasync
drandahl vs. No Lynch
Cthuluhoop vs Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll vs. Kiyoko

NL III
alcasync I
Mr. Alice I
Kiyoko I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sat May 30, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Well, let's see here.

If the stunner is a noob, which seems likely, given the number of them, as stated, I could see them as being hesitant. But, if there's a Mafia stunner, noob or not, they'd be likely to stun. I see it this way:

2 Veteran Mafia: Discuss it, and kill one while stunning another, perhaps keeping an investigation or somesuch at bay. Perhaps a risk at showing their hand, depending on who they stun, and basically giving someone, like me, a free ride for the first day.

2 Noob Mafia: Similar to above, though perhaps with fewer thoughts on the intricacies of the repercussions.

Mixed Mafia: The Veteran, whether stunner or not, using it as a teaching tool, showing just what can happen in a night, and how they can progress further on. Shows them how stuns and kills work.

Granted, also the possibility of a Veteran Townie being the stunner, though with how cautious even the vets are on this first day, seems unlikely. After all, what if they end up stunning an investigator or bodyguard or something, only giving the Mafia an even better advantage on the night where there is yet a single clue?

*Goes back to being sleepy*

alcasync

alcasync

I'm also very interested why you seem to think that stunning is more likely to be mafia than town. Or rather, I'm very interested in why you immediately jumped to that conclusion without considering other possibilities! Especially since stunning is Town's primary way to block night kills.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Tiki The Troll wrote:basically giving someone, like me, a free ride for the first day.

Well, assuming you're town, because I'm fairly certain you're not trying to claim mafia here, mafia absolutely does not want to give town a free ride. That is the exact opposite of what mafia wants to do. Mafia wants to give other mafia members a free ride.

So pardon me for being suspicious, but your logic only makes sense if we were both mafia, myself as mafia stunner and you as mafia I'm trying to keep safe via stun. And I'm fairly certain we're not both mafia because a) I know my role, and b) if we were both mafia I would've told you not to post any of that.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Kiyoko wrote:...and b) if we were both mafia I would've told you not to post any of that.

That actually got a laugh. XD

But, as for the other stuff, it's like I said. Don't want to scare the new players off from future games so quickly by having one get voted off the island, so to speak. So, reduce the risk of one of them getting lynched the first day (one who happens to have joined up alongside another newcomer being even better).

And there's also, Kiyoko -- if that is your real name! -- this...
Crap, so weary, train of thought lost...
Oh! Right. There's also how much you press for discussion. And what better to help drive a discussion amongst the players than to not just have one poor soul pass on, but also for one unfortunate to have his noggin bonked?
*Falls asleep*

alcasync

alcasync

Tiki The Troll wrote:But, as for the other stuff, it's like I said. Don't want to scare the new players off from future games so quickly by having one get voted off the island, so to speak. So, reduce the risk of one of them getting lynched the first day (one who happens to have joined up alongside another newcomer being even better).

For this reason, I actually really think Kiyoko is town! Umm this is really meta but in short, I think that if Kiyoko was mafia then I would be the one killed on N0. I don't expect anyone to take this as evidence they'd support for themselves, but I personally don't really suspect Kiyoko yet. I wanted to say this really early on when I asked about Megrid being a newbie but I got sidetracked.

Tiki The Troll wrote:Oh! Right. There's also how much you press for discussion. And what better to help drive a discussion amongst the players than to not just have one poor soul pass on, but also for one unfortunate to have his noggin bonked?

Driving discussion is very pro-town. I think mafia would be more likely to push one or two people to make them try to make mistakes, but Kiyoko has been pushing people pretty evenly I think?

Sorry, this really sounds like buddying. To make this post more useful, I'm suspicious of Mr. Alice and Tiki, but I'm not suspicious of drandahl, Jaiser, Kiyoko or Cthuluhoop right now.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

vote: no lynch

It's getting closer to rollover, and I don't suspect anyone enough to try to push a lynch on them this late in the game. So in the interest of preventing a last-minute vote from forcing a tie, I'm going to just vote NL now.

Here's my list:

Not Suspicious Of
alcasync
Jaiser

Ambivalent
drandahl
Cthuluhoop
Mr. Alice

Hmmmm
Tiki The Troll

And I won't bother explaining unless someone asks me about specific people because my answer for most of "Why do you feel that way" is "dunno, gut reaction"

drandahl

drandahl

alcasync wrote:For this reason, I actually really think Kiyoko is town! Umm this is really meta but in short, I think that if Kiyoko was mafia then I would be the one killed on N0.
I don't know about this. I would expect she (or anyone with experience) would avoid doing so N0 for that very reason. Though I'll admit, I haven't calibrated myself to the level of meta you all tend to play.

Keep in mind: This isn't me saying I'm accusing Kiyoko, and this isn't changing my vote at this point.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

I hope I get this out before rollover.

So much about experienced players and new players is used, I suppose it can be helpful but if mafia are aware of it they can play around how they are expected to play.

Player thoughts so far:

Kiyoko: Probably the most vocal player at the moment. I appreciate that Kiyoko is taking time to explain some things for players that are not as familiar with the game. (I imagine there is quite a lot to take in for first time players). So thank you for that Kiyoko. The only reason that I can think of to suspect Kiyoko at the moment are meta reasons, and I don't really care for using the meta as a reason for voting.

Cthuluhoop: Supposedly an "experienced player" but he's not holding too much credit to that title at the moment. Also totally distracted by his new kitten.

alcasync: I'm leaning town because of their willingness to be in the spotlight, in particular making a role-hint, and making the first vote.

drandahl: I haven't played with drandahl before and I think this is there first game. They've been fairly quiet so far which is something I usually look out for. But really there's a lot to think about and only so much information available so far. I'll be interested in how they participate for the rest of the game. Voting no-lynch early mid-phase catches my eye, especially when they still seem to be active in the phase. No-lynch is probably a more reliable way to keep numbers up on day 1 but, if we just commit to a no-lynch it hampers an opportunity to get some discussion out which can hamper mid-game process

Mr. Alice: Another player who I haven't played with before, I'm not sure if there new or not, if they are I could see there being relatively quiet for the same reasons I provided for Drandahl. I'm currently voting them since their vote on alcasync seems kind of suspect.

Jaiser: I enjoyed the role-playing/ maybe in the vote post provide an ooc section too. Another player I haven't played with. So what I've said for the above about possibly being new applies for them too. I don't find there votes suspicious at all so far because, they were voting on alcasync, who had at the time placed a completely unexplained vote.

Tiki The Troll: Another player I haven't played with before and possibly a new player? The vote on Kiyoko was meta-gaming which I'm trying to avoid. Someone gave them a stun as a birthday gift. Which I think clears them of sending in the night kill.

I could see the stunner as a mafia player if they were unaware that the stun would show in rollover. Which would make sense since it was only declared after rollover that stuns would show up in rollover. A mafia who thought their stun wouldn't show up in rollover probably would use their stun in order to keep a potential town night power out of the game.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

CTHULUMINTS POST KITTEN PHOTOS

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

This is proof that I indeed have a kitten and he's sleeping in my room tonight and therefore distracting me. So it is of course completely relevant to the game. He's into cuddling and purrs frequently.

Kitten pics:

He doesn't have a name yet so feel free to help with that.

Apologies if this is interfering with rollover, I've been fiddling around with kitten pictures.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

AHHHHHH YOUR KITTY IS SO CUTE.

What's your favorite book? Name him after a literary character.

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

OMGSUCHACUTEKITTEN~~~~~ He looks a lot like my first cat Simba.

He's not interfering at all!

VOTE TALLY
alcasync vs Cthuluhoop No Lynch
Jaiser vs alcasync
Kiyoko vs drandahl No Lynch
Mr. Alice vs alcasync
drandahl vs. No Lynch
Cthuluhoop vs Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll vs. Kiyoko

NL III
alcasync I
Mr. Alice I
Kiyoko I

NO ONE was LYNCHED.

It's a bit nice to see my friends refraining from killing one another at least for a day, but who knows what the night shall bring.

Night 1 shall end at 8:30 PM on SUNDAY May 31st.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I know it's night phase but I would like to hear more about Mr. Alice regarding her vote and the reasoning behind it. Since you could've voted No Lynch or No Vote or anyone else, but chose to push the lynch towards Alca, I'm wondering if there was a strong reason for that.

I'd also like Tiki to explain his reasons for suspecting me a little more, because I feel like a bit was missed during that conversation. I blame that in part on me being distracted with GW2 and you being half-asleep so when we're both more alert, let's resume that conversation.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

I didn't want to do No Lynch/No Vote because (I think?) it was either you or someone else that said it wasn't really conductive or something because it only gives Mafia another chance to kill someone, so it didn't really seem like a good idea...until someone else said that No Lynch was a more pro-town action, so I guess I should have changed it to that.

But at that point, I didn't want to really change my vote because then I'd have to explain things again and idk, I felt kinda dumb about my stupid reasons already, so ; w ;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum