Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 18]

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Thank you, Mr. Alice! That's enough for me.

So because I'm me and don't really expect to live very long in general, I'll do my infodump list the same way Cthulumints did. Ranked approximately from least to most suspicious in my mind.

alcasync
Her behavior, plus various hints left in thread make me think she's town. Naturally, she could be mafia doing a really good job of pretending to be town. Either way, I'm less comfortable going after her than other people in the thread.

Jaiser
Voting alca is a completely natural response, since she was acting pretty strangely in the beginning of the thread. I know that the veteran players were all "no mafia would act that suspicious" but honestly it's an incredibly fair vote. What makes me think Jaiser is more likely to be town is that he immediately unvoted alca when Mr. Alice voted alca. It could be a weird gambit where both Jaiser and alca are mafia and he didn't actually want her lynched, but I think that if Jaiser were maf and alca were town, he'd leave his vote on her in hopes of getting her lynched, so changing the vote seems pretty town-y to me.

drandahl
I think I mentioned this earlier but voting NL instead of switching the vote onto any of the other two candidates is more of a town-ish action to me than maf-ish action. A mafia could easily vote one of the other two with the "I'm trying to save myself" argument and no one would really bat an eye.

Mr. Alice
I actually think her behavior is more in-line with a confused town than a mafia, because she stands out due to her uncertainty, but I feel like a mafia partner would help her figure out what to say or do in-thread. Unless both mafia members are newbies who can't advise one another. Her bandwagon-esque vote raised a few alarm bells, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

Cthulumints
I still stand by my statement that I don't want to kill off Cthulumints, but I'm fairly neutral on him alignment-wise because I find him pretty hard to read. He hasn't done anything suspicious, but has yet to do anything so pro-town that I'm convinced he's town. So, neutral.

Tiki
The long post about his reasoning for voting me raised quite a few alarm bells and I'm not quite sure if I'm suspicious so much as somewhat confused. Would like to discuss that post at a later time when both of us are awake.

Kiyoko
The most suspicious. I can't believe this person isn't dead yet. No, honestly, I've been trying to explain things for newbies and push discussion in the thread, but I'm aware that I haven't done anything particularly town-y yet. Hoping to do better as the game goes on, unless, I guess, I die.

Dear newbies, I realize we're using a lot of really weird words and talking about concepts that might be unfamiliar. A few of them are defined in the glossary post somewhere in that Mafia Guides and Info board or whatever it's called, but if there are any phrases we're using that you're not sure of, please please ask.

I know this game is kind of overwhelming what with all the new players and the long posts and all but everyone's doing an amazing job speculating so far and the level of discussion going on so far is top notch. Uhh, this is getting kind of personal because I've wanted to play an active game of mafia for so long so thanks to everyone for really giving your all in the game so far.

If anyone can guess my role I'll do an rp post because the rp posts in here all sound really fun, but I didn't choose an obvious character, so I don't know if anyone's going to guess.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm not even trying to get these pagetops anymore, now that there's no more vote tally. That was an unintentional, but amazing, pagetop coincidence.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:
Kiyoko
The most suspicious. I can't believe this person isn't dead yet. No, honestly, I've been trying to explain things for newbies and push discussion in the thread, but I'm aware that I haven't done anything particularly town-y yet. Hoping to do better as the game goes on, unless, I guess, I die.
You're either joking around as TOWN or MAFIA (which is plausible) or you're playing a meta-game as mafia (also plausible). I'm still leaning TOWN until I see more evidence otherwise, though I'll try to be more vigilant from here on.

-- Also trying not to get sidetracked, but Cthmint should consider Cathulu as a name for the new kitten. --

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win - Page 7 Constant-vigilance

Jaiser

Jaiser

Don't you mean

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win - Page 7 1335312111571

?

And as an aside, Cthulmint, how about Bast, for a HP Lovecraft reference? Well, Egyptian mythos, but Lovecraft loved his cats and worked Bastet into the mythos.

EDIT:Tiki just requested I let you guys know that he's pretty sick, and won't likely be up for posting today. He said he'll try, but no promises.

Last edited by Jaiser on Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Communicating for a sick Tiki)

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Dear newbies,

I made this for you.

It doesn't have all the roles in there, but it has all of the basic ones (and some of the more obscure ones) and all the roles in this game should be on that list in some shape or form unless Sammie picked some really weird roles.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Sorry everyone. Wanted to vocalize, explain, and debate, but right now my thoughts are drowned out by a haze. That's also part of why my posts can be a little rambly and confusing. Hard to think straight. Sorry.

Though, I will say, while I've been pretty meta (which is a really weird thing for me, as i tend to hate meta), it's mostly me seeing this as sort of a teaching game, and trying to get a feel for how much vs how little RP goes into this. Actually really hard to figure out how to do while also trying to keep your character a secret.

...Though, I will, say, I actually have been making these posts with some RP in mind. Oh, I've actually been throwing in little nods to my character...just trying to keep them veiled.

All that said, I've spent 16 of the last 24 hours sleeping...I think I may add to that number soon...
zzz...

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Sorry to hear that you're ill, Tiki! :'( Please take it easy and drink lots of fluids!

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Cthuluhoop was walking through the woods when a snoring sound came from close by, lulling him into a peaceful sleep.
Mr. Alice was minding their own business and walking around when something grabbed them and took them somewhere, holding her for the entire night.
Tiki was scurrying as fast as he could, attempting to flee a glowing sword that sliced through several trees before finally finding him, cutting his adventure in Wonderland short.

Cthuluhoop was STUNNED and thus unable to act.
Mr. Alice was JAILED and thus unable to act.
Tiki the Troll was KILLED. He was THE DORMOUSE and was TOWN.

Day 2 will end at 8:30 PM on Monday, June 1st.

Edit: To fix Mr. Alice's pronouns.

Last edited by Sammiya on Sun May 31, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

WOW OKAY SORRY MY BAD. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. I realize you guys have absolutely no reason to believe me but I'm going to share everything I have and it's up to you guys what to do with this information.

I was the one who killed Tiki. I'm a one-shot town vig and I since we NL'd the previous day I thought it'd be okay if I killed someone since the ratio wasn't close. Unless for some reason Mafia also targeted Tiki, this means there was no night kill last night.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Was I abducted illegally or detained legally? Either way: FREE MR. ALICE 2015. Please start this movement, donations are appreciated, because I still have hefty student loans to pay.

Also wow Tiki that's kinda clever...with the sleeping...and being the Dormouse...that's genius...

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

Ah, hope you get well soon, Tiki. :< Definitely take it eas-

Sammiya wrote:Cthuluhoop was walking through the woods when a snoring sound came from close by, lulling him into a peaceful sleep.
Mr. Alice was minding her own business and walking around when something grabbed her and took her somewhere, holding her for the entire night.
Tiki was scurrying as fast as he could, attempting to flee a glowing sword that sliced through several trees before finally finding him, cutting his adventure in Wonderland short.

Cthuluhoop was STUNNED and thus unable to act.
Mr. Alice was JAILED and thus unable to act.
Tiki the Troll was KILLED. He was THE DORMOUSE and was TOWN.

Day 2 will end at 8:30 PM on Monday, June 1st.

-oh.

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win - Page 7 E31

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

alcasync

alcasync

Kiyoko wrote:WOW OKAY SORRY MY BAD. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. I realize you guys have absolutely no reason to believe me but I'm going to share everything I have and it's up to you guys what to do with this information.

I was the one who killed Tiki. I'm a one-shot town vig and I since we NL'd the previous day I thought it'd be okay if I killed someone since the ratio wasn't close. Unless for some reason Mafia also targeted Tiki, this means there was no night kill last night.

Option 1: Kiyoko is telling the truth, and either Cthuluhoop or Mr. Alice is mafia and the night kill was blocked.

Option 2: Kiyoko is mafia, and is trying to frame Cthuluhoop or Mr. Alice by claiming vigilante.

That said... I think unless Tiki has a really good role and mafia has a role investigator, I don't really see him as an ideal mafia target, especially if Kiyoko is actually mafia because he was suspicious of Kiyoko and killing him makes Kiyoko look suspicious. That said, I was already suspicious of Mr Alice and I have unrelated reasons to want to vote Cthuluhoop again.

Hmm... let me think about this more. But I think our three options for voting today are Cthuluhoop, Mr Alice and Kiyoko.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Hahahaha ugh. I'm sorry Tiki, I really am. I know you're actually sick but I sent in the kill early with the intention to change it if you answered my questions and then you never answered my questions before rollover so uh.

The ratio is 2M:4T so I guess it's fairly close to MYLO barring some night miracles like mafia kill failing again.

That's, ugh. That's really all I have to say on this matter. I know I look suspicious as all hell right now, but I'm trying to be as open as possible and will answer any questions anyone has for me. I need to think about some things too.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

I'm going to assume for the moment that Kiyoko did in fact make the kill. It's possible the mafia also decided to kill Tiki, but I think it would be unusual considering that Tiki was under some more suspicion then other players. It's possible the mafia did not send in a kill or they may have been role-blocked.

If they did not send in a night kill it would probably be because they have a role-blocker on their team (which seems likely considering there is both a stunner and a jailer/ I'm leaning towards jailer being town and mafia being the stunner/ because it would be odd for town to have two roleblockers and near absurd for mafia to have both of them, and again if Kiyoko is to be believed it would be odd for the mafia to have a protection power from a single-shot vig (maybe if there were a multi-hit vig)).

So if the mafia didn't send in a kill it is likely because they wanted to frame me for a mis-lynch. Basically stun me, and try get a lynch on me (even though players have suggested they don't want to vote me, there has been some agreement that I am somewhat suspicious simply because I'm apparently "difficult to read").  

The other likely possibility is that the mafia did not get a night kill because whoever sent the kill in was roleblocked. That would imply that either Mr. Alice or I sent in the night kill. Given the reason I provided above I think the stunner is mafia, while the jailer is town. If I were the mafia that sent in the night kill it would make no sense for my fellow mafia to stun me, and therefore cancel the night kill (because mafia only want to stun other mafia when there is a night kill). Since Mr. Alice was jailed and there was no night kill, I find it likely that they were sending the night kill.

Vote: Mr. Alice.

alcasync

alcasync

I'm going to guess that out of Kiyoko, Cthuluhoop and Mr Alice, it's unlikely that two out of those three are mafia. So if there's a mafia in there the other two are town. Umm, I think it's really unlikely that all three are town, because if they're all town then that would mean Kiyoko is telling the truth (because there's no reason for town to lie to town) but also that there was no night kill. I don't think mafia would give up their night kill willingly because they still need to bring the numbers down.

The reason I don't think two of them are mafia is because if Kiyoko was mafia and one of the other two were mafia, Kiyoko probably wouldn't say anything because if she'd stayed quiet then Cthuluhoop and Mr Alice would be cleared from sending the NK, so it makes no sense for Kiyoko to make them look more suspicious. And if both Cthuluhoop and Mr Alice are mafia and Kiyoko is town then I think Cthuluhoop would try to push a bit more suspicion onto Kiyoko rather than just voting Mr Alice.

So umm, yes. I conclude that out of those three it makes the most sense if only one of them is mafia. I-I hope that makes sense...

Now to figure out which one to vote for...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum