Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 18]

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

[6/1/15, 4:54:09 PM] Kiyo / 7♦: Hey Sammie, if a night kill is blocked, does it show up in rollover as blocked or does it not show up at all?
[6/1/15, 4:54:24 PM] Sammiya: It shows up as blocked.

VOTE TALLY
Cthuluhoop vs Mr. Alice
alcasync vs Cthuluhoop Cthuluhoop
drandahl vs Cthuluhoop Mr. Alice
Jaiser vs Kiyoko
Kiyoko vs Cthuluhoop

Cthuluhoop II
Mr. Alice I
Kiyoko I

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

alcasync

alcasync

If we're assuming that mafia didn't intentionally not send in the NK, then...

Cthuluhoop: Could not act last night
Mr Alice: Could not act last night
Kiyoko: acted last night based on her own claim, which I believe for now
drandahl: acted last night based on process of elimination
Jaiser: acted last night based on process of elimination
alcasync: Hmm! What did I do, I wonder? But I used my role power too.

That makes it more likely that Cthulhuhoop or Mr Alice sent in the NK, because if any of the others were supposed to send in the NK, they probably would have sent it in along with their normal action, and so it would have gone through.

I'm not going to unvote yet, but I'm willing to switch my vote to Mr Alice.

Jaiser

Jaiser

Did I miss something in the initial posts? I'm looking them over, but not sure how you figured out how many active roles there are.

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

alcasync

alcasync

I have my ways. nvn But it only makes me more certain that one of Cthuluhoop or Mr Alice is mafia.

I also think that one of Jaiser and drandahl is probably mafia! (but not both, of course)

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

So you're completely ignoring the possibility that the mafia didn't send in a kill, targeted Tiki The Troll or Mr. Alice.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Cthuluhoop wrote:or Mr. Alice.

Kiyoko wrote:[6/1/15, 4:54:09 PM] Kiyo / 7♦: Hey Sammie, if a night kill is blocked, does it show up in rollover as blocked or does it not show up at all?
[6/1/15, 4:54:24 PM] Sammiya: It shows up as blocked.

alcasync

alcasync

I think I have most of the roles figured out now, just not their alignments yet.

I think I'm going to leave my vote as it is, after all.

drandahl

drandahl

alcasync wrote:If we're assuming that mafia didn't intentionally not send in the NK, then...

Should we consider the possibility of a defensive role saving the target of the night kill? That wouldn't exactly be blocking, and I think we should consider that at this point since it seems also plausible. That would leave a possible roster as

stunner
jailer
doctor
one-shot kill
?
?

and doesn't really contradict anything I've noticed so far. I'm hesitant to drive discussion towards the identity of doctor, since that would be valuable information to mafia. Please treat this as me exploring one possibility not yet explored.

At the end of the day, I still suspect Mr. Alice. Though, I'm comfortable that at least Mr. Alice and Cthm have some heat on them to drive discussion (sorry guys!). I don't really suspect Kiyo at this point anymore, since I do agree it's more of a stretch that she would choose an innocence ploy as mafia when there's a more direct and safe win.

EDIT: Wrote "blocker" instead of "stunner" by mistake.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sorry, let me clarify for newbies. If Mr. Alice was attacked, rollover would say "Mr. Alice was targeted for a kill but it failed." Since that message didn't appear, she wasn't a target last night.

And if anyone else was targeted but saved it'd say the same only with their name.

drandahl

drandahl

Ah, I understand. So someone healing as doctor in this case would illicit that message. That's enough for me to drop that train of thought.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

I'm no newbie and I didn't get that from what was posted. So in this case blocked is the same as protected?

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Cthuluhoop wrote:I'm no newbie and I didn't get that from what was posted. So in this case blocked is the same as protected?

Now that I reread it I can see the confusion. I intended to ask about protects. I figured rollover text would be the same as most of our old vdex games where stun don't reveal the stunee's actions and protects appear in rollover when they block a kill. I'll go clarify again with Sammie.

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

I changed it so that the stuns visible since there were so many newbies/changed it to help ease them into the game.

Jailers act like protection when used, so they count as protection, and thus are the same as a kill attempt being blocked. So in the case of the jailer, yes blocked is the same as protected. Sorry for the confusion!

So if the jailed player had been targeted by the Night Kill or any other kind of kill, it would've shown up in roll-over.

Also, if a player had been targeted twice for a kill, both kill attempts would've appeared in the roll-over, just the second one sent in would've failed since their target would already be dead.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Okay so we can eliminate the possibility of Mr. Alice being targeted by the night kill.

Anyway if I assume that alcasync and Kiyoko are not mafia, and I don't think Mr. Alice sent in the night kill the most sensible mafia pairings are : Jaiser/Mr. Alice or Jaiser/Drandahl. Which feels blegh because I've basically only pointed at players I haven't played with before and excused players I have played with.

I'm really curious why alcasync would again hint at not have a certain role because we don't want the mafia identifying who has which power (particularly if either of the roleblockers is mafia/ and I think stunner is).

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Sorry for how late this is! I intended to be home much much earlier than this, but well, the buses seem to like leaving in front of me or just not arriving at all, so...it really hasn't been my month, whoops.

If I were to vote for someone today though....hmm....my reasoning for this  isn't really good because people are tossing around so many really good sounding ideas, but I kind of want to say I'd vote for Kiyo, mainly because of that initial post of considering her role still feels kind of suspicious to me.

But I'm not going to officially vote that just yet, because 1: I'm sure one of you has the right theory, and I'm still trying to understand some of these posts and 2: I might be afking for a while and don't know when I'll be back in time to make a more informed decision..so um....

Vote: No Vote

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum