Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4

+10
Rasei
drandahl
ezzelin
Aeiou
high seraph
Ninfia
Mr. Alice
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Entelechy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 41]

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Rasei wrote:I'm catching up. But my die told me to go to the Cargo Hold as well. I used my special see through blue die.

Welcome to the "Grain of Salt" club. Did you explore too?

nautilus

nautilus

I am going to go to bed now, but here is an updated claims list

CLAIMS
ezzelin > med bay
Ninfia > med bay
alcasync > Cargo Hold - explore
nautilus > Cargo Hold - explore
Luxaria > Was alone - explore
high seraph > Galley - explore
Tiki the Troll > Cargo Hold - explore
Aeiou > Galley - ship task
Kiyoko > Armory
drandahl >
Mr. Alice > Armory
Rasei > Cargo Hold - ship task

e: Updated with exploration/ship task claims.

Last edited by n☆util☆s on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Aeiou

Aeiou

Ok I was with Lucas in the Galley, I tried doing ship task because I thought maybe not having the whole watch your backs thing might be helpful when splitting up into groups?? like then we could be in groups of two vs three+

So if it was just us in there then I'm guessing neither of us were converted

Aeiou

Aeiou

n☆util☆s wrote:CLAIMS
ezzelin > med bay (assuming from the tone of her post)
Ninfia > med bay
alcasync > Cargo Hold
nautilus > Cargo Hold
Luxaria >
high seraph > Galley
Tiki the Troll > Cargo Hold
Aeiou > Galley
Kiyoko > Armory
drandahl >
Mr. Alice > Armory
Rasei > Cargo Hold
So pairs in two couldnt convert, right? But with four in the cargo hold, if two were infected could they have converted one of them?? So if all this is factual then the convert is lux, drandahl(untime they say where they were) or one of the people in cargo hold?

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Actually, question (and sorry if this has been answered already). If the Contaminated are not Isolated then they get Incinerated, yeah? Well, what if a Contaminated is NOT Isolated, but the only other person/people in the room are Infected?

Just wondering, because as the rules are stated, they'd just get Incinerated, but it doesn't male a lot of sense thematically.

If they're not Incinerated, then that could just mean that an Infected just so happened to go in the same room as someone their team Contaminated.

(And again, sorry if this was addressed already. Busy day, and I didn't do much thorough back-reading up until the rollover. Hell, I didn't even know about all the med bay strategizing, heh.)

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sorry, was playing League of Legends.

I can confirm that I successfully explored a room last night and grabbed a role power. If you want to know which room, I will reply, especially since it will help town avoid going to that room in the future and wasting their time if they're looking for a role (though on the flip-side, mafia might waste their time as well). I am actually kind of pleased my plan worked out as neatly as it did. I wanted this role power and had a feeling that no one else would go for it, given the discussion and focus in thread.

Obviously, this paints a bit of a target on my back for being the first one to claim being alone in a room on the same night as a convert. I have my suspicions about some claims of room exploration, but given the awkward situation my claim puts me in, I will avoid voicing them at the current time so as to not seem defensive. Until prompted/forced, I would prefer to keep my role action private to prevent mafia working around it.

In addition to getting med bay's ship task operational, I also believe it might be beneficial to power up the server room's ship task to narrow down what rooms some players were actually alone in last night. Meaning I will claim my role before or slightly after this ship task, if not prompted sooner.

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Tiki: I posed that question to the host, and also alluded to the answer within the thread when I laid out a plan previously.

If Player A is in a room and is targeted to be contaminated, and the only other player or players in the room with this target are infected, then Player A would become infected and join their team.

Specifically, Duck said they are "treated as if they are isolated" in terms of NK mechanics, but not isolated in terms of room action mechanics, if that makes sense?

P.S. We tend to give the host a silly RP name. Would Duck be station control?

Entelechy

Entelechy

Sorry folks, I had no energy for flavour text tonight, so I am skipping it :P

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Lux!

That does pose problems when it comes to all the rooms with two people each in them, too...though, unless we out someone in one of those couple's rooms as Infected, not entirely sure what to do with that revelation.

Ninja'd: Aww, but no worries, Ducky!

Rasei

Rasei

Heads up I work 9am Central Time to 9:30pm Central Time, so I'm not going to be around. I picked ship task because I didn't think anyone would have gone where my special blue die sent me. (I must take a picture of my dice.

Entelechy

Entelechy

As an experiment, could everyone please send me the top three people they suspect most, and the top three they suspect least, and for each one, what percentage you are sure that they are/aren't Infected. This is FOR SCIENCE. In PM form, please.

Rasei

Rasei

Ezz, may we post our pms that we are going to send here?

NM. I need to sleep. I have to work over 10 hours tomorrow and have to wake up in 2

ezzelin

ezzelin

I don't think you meant ezz, rasei?

the only way we can say that the other in the room of a pair isn't the newly Infected is because the other claims they're Town, but of course everyone is going to claim town so that's p much useless.

I think one of the original Infected is among the 50% med bay claimers (alca/naut/kiyo/blaire), because they wouldn't think no one among them would actually end up at med bay. definitely not both of them, though.

consequentially, the new Infected is among kiyo/blaire/lux/dran/lucas/vowels (assuming tiki and rasei's cargo hold claims are true);
additionally, if one of kiyo/blaire and lucas/vowels is the new Infected, the other in the pair has to be one of the original Infected.

I think it's more likely for the second original Infected to be in the luxaria/dran/lucas/vowels/tiki/rasei set. who I suspect most will still depend on where dran claims to have gone last night and which power luxaria got. tiki and rasei are higher on my list for claiming to have been in the cargo hold after we've already gotten two claims in; I'm more inclined to believe the two early location claims in this case.

I don't think the Infected would go for cargo hold off the bat; and I agree with lux that running the server room's ship task could help us, since we can uncover if we have anyone lying about the ability they got. however, I'm not sure if it'd really be beneficial over the med bay for example, for N1. (granted, if we find a role in play that hasn't been claimed aside from the ones that have, we'd know either tiki or aeiou are lying, but :Va I don't think there are very high chances of the number of possible liars increasing by the next status report so much that it'd be useless. or maybe we can manage to run both if we split up in two teams... we still have one more night to fix the ship, right.)

edit: and yes, I was in med bay (so you can remove the brackets text).

nautilus

nautilus

Uh, question for Duck: Does every player in the room if there's more than 3 need to submit a ship task together for one to work, or can one person activate it without the input of everyone else? THIS SEEMS LIKE A STUPID QUESTION BECAUSE EVERYONE'S SAYING THAT ALL THREE HAVE TO DO IT BUT DUCK HAS NOT CONFIRMED IN-THREAD SO I'M VERY ;_; AND I ALSO THOUGHT ONLY ONE PERSON HAD TO DO THE THING i'm bad at reading page 1

I'm mostly asking this because of the people in the cargo hold, Tiki, myself, and alca all claimed exploration but... Rasei claimed ship task in the cargo hold, and if it's the latter then if everyone was in there something should have happened. It's the only room that apparently topped off enough to perform a ship task.

@Rasei - Why did you initiate a ship task in the cargo hold? I know I muse earlier about wishing that I'd done one, but mostly out of "man i wish i had done so just so i could figure out how many people were actually in the cargo hold because now everyone's claiming they were in there" than anything. You mention that you thought you would be alone which is why you did it, which implies that your motivation for doing said task doesn't involve trying to figure out how many people were in there, so I have to ask why you would activate the cargo hold's ship task on N0. It's also not as immediately useful as, say, the Med Bay ship task, so I'm curious.

For what it's worth I'm kind of suspect that four players without any pre-planning could have all gone into the cargo hold since that's a third of the game (and assuming we're all town, that's like 4 people who can't be the convert right there) but weird things happened in Room Game so maybe it's happening here.

high seraph

high seraph

Aeiou wrote:But with four in the cargo hold, if two were infected could they have converted one of them??
ezzelin wrote:additionally, if one of kiyo/blaire and lucas/vowels is the new Infected, the other in the pair has to be one of the original Infected.

That's not necessarily how it works, I think?? If the NK target is alone, they will become infected. If the only other players in the room are infected, they NK target will still become infected. And if there is any combination of crew members and infected in the room with the NK target, they will be incinerated. Honestly, I think for the previous phase, during which we weren't able to coordinate our movements as a group, the mafia would attempt to explore for gear and target someone they thought would be alone for the NK (since they would likely prefer infecting than incinerating).

If the 4 people in the cargo hold are telling the truth, then it's impossible for any of them to have been converted. On the other hand, it's possible any of the pairs (Kiyo/Blaire, Ninfia/ezz, Lucas/Aeiou) is composed of an Originally Infected + Newly Infected. But it's also possible that the newly infected was alone (atm we know Lux was alone, and it's possible the newly infected lied about being in someone else's room). The bottom line is... Anyone can be the infected at this point, and we will not be able to determine who they are atm.

I think our best option is to pretend that the ratio was always 9:3 lmao and move our speculation into some other direction. If we go to the Server Room during the next work shift, we'll be able to determine if there were any lies among the claims. If there aren't any lies, then Lux was the newly infected (if drandahl doesn't claim that he was alone too), and if the information doesn't line up, we can assume that Lux was telling the truth and, at least, she wasn't the newly infected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum