Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB]

+22
Kotakia
Ardonye
Cure
Rodea
lulu
kiku
plotstickers
Sammiya
chinomi
Rasei
eleni
Mr. Alice
drandahl
high seraph
Jaiser
nautilus
AliceofOz
Tiki The Troll
Luxaria
Ninfia
Kiyoko
alcasync
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 51 ... 57  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 57]

676Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

n★utilus wrote:
Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 UwQ3ZnE
Gotta say, despite you being one of those knuckleheads who prefers a melee weapon to something sensible and ranged, you're actually not as meat-headed as I thought previously

... Would you like to see how your skill measures up to those words?

Tiki reached into his locker and pulled out a bow and a quiver of blunt arrows.

Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 HUxlvS1Bring it on, chica!

@ the flavor text and ratio.

Huh...that's the first I've seen of that...craaaaaaaap...

677Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 pm

nautilus

nautilus

((screams.

Okay I think I've got the last of that out. Anyways, time to actually reply to posts!

1) Now that a recruiter is in play, we literally can't assume anyone's alignment from events that have happened thus far in the game. I don't think they have multiple shots because that's really overpowered and I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

I had a dream about this game before the game started and I'm gonna say that I really wish I had dreamt about there being a recruiter lol.

@Luxaria - Fair enough that it may have been a misinterpretation! I did think it suspicious, but I do concede that the points I made were somewhat weak since I didn't have much to go off of.

@Kotakia - I agree with the fact that this recruiting seems to be very quick and hasty, and my gut... is that the following is plausible:

- The person recruited is either a strong player or someone who was cleared by events in the thread and unlikely to be investigated in the future
- I agree with the fact that the recruiter is probably someone in the thread who wanted to act ASAP, but I disagree with the fact that it was someone under scrutiny. This is largely because it seemed like the thread was going to run into no lynch really quickly, so... no one was really close to being lynched. If I had to argue, I'd say the person with the most scrutiny would've been Alice, but she didn't seem to be in any immediate danger.

@ezreal - Fair enough!

For the record I do think it's plausible (read: not impossible, because I've seen some things), but I think it's a theory that... hm. I think that the theory itself is a fairly risky mafia gambit which is also reliant on the mafia having a series of protective roles (which would rely on the town being loaded with vigilantes to offset this) that aren't very common, as well as the nerve to use up these roles to clear a single member. As such, it relies on a lot of extra variables that may or may not be in play.

As to why it was largely abandoned/no one latched onto it - mafia (assuming Kiyoko isn't genuinely mafia, in which they'd have good reason to run from it) may have tried to blend in and play it safe with not jumping on this bandwagon since it has extremely risky payoff if Kiyoko is somehow lynched, and flips as town since you'll have the blood of a strong player on your hands on a theory that's somewhat of a stretch.

Last edited by n★utilus on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

678Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

The only person under scrutiny was maybe AliceofOz, and I don't think she was being suspected enough for a town vig to want to off her. My initial thought was that the conversion required some sort of prior condition before they could trigger it, because I don't really see why mafia would use it on D1 rather than N0 or waiting until someone was cleared as town, as other people have suggested.

Thoughts on mafia being able to pick anyone at all in thread to convert vs. mafia having to wait for a specific condition to convert and just kind of accepting whoever they get? I've seen both kinds.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

679Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:35 pm

adawg

adawg

///hi friends this is a placeholder i've been busy making gfx for the newspaper here and last night i went to my first ever colelge party wheee anyway

680Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:40 pm

chinomi

chinomi

@Kiyo: are you thinking of it being like... targeting a player and hoping they say something in thread to trigger it or that the recruiter mafia person would set a word before D1 started and whoever said it got converted? OR SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY? IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY CONDITION I GUESS

681Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:41 pm

nautilus

nautilus

((hello adawg!!

re: why mafia would use it on D1:

If it's a role that allows you just to pick someone and recruit them as mafia, it's plausible that mafia may have seen the fact that they failed to kill anyone the previous night, and used it immediately today to recuperate numbers to make up for their "lost" night. I wonder if the mafia panicked to some degree and used it immediately...

I have no real opinion on being able to pick anyone vs waiting for a specific condition to convert and accepting the player, though if we're running on the assumption that mafia had to meet some kind of condition, it'll probably be 2. That being said, the question is what kind of condition was met, if that's the case?

I'm rolling in my grave here. No. Nope. No. It's time to never trust anyone again))

682Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I'm actually wondering if it could be related to a relationship ability. I could see that making some sense theme-wise, but I dunno, since I got the impression those were kinda secondary abilities, and this seems mighty powerful to be a last-minute add-on.

683Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I mean, so here is a list of alignment-swapping roles I've experienced in past games:

- Straight up mafia can choose someone to recruit, usually the person they recruit is vanilla after that
- Mafia can choose when to activate the recruit but can't choose who they recruit (e.g. it's RNG'd)
- Turncoat where some action (usually trying to kill them) results in that person switching to the other side
- A YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD kind of thing where mafia sets up a condition and the first person who triggers it is auto-converted. (I feel like there was one like this in one of the vdex mini games?)

And then it could be a relationship ability like Tiki mentioned.

684Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:01 pm

lulu

lulu

hello from work because oh my god i completely did not notice the ratio

I um. Oh my god what??? .... What????

..... WHat????

I ... WhAt?????

IM SORRY I'M JUST REALLY oh my god like... ok putting aside spec on /who/ for a moment, I'm not really sure how to put this without disclosing an amount of information that'd be detrimental to town but I have role related reasons to be really ??? ?? ?? ? ?? at the idea of a maf-sided recruiter like........ What????? is going on in this game??? what.... wHaT.... im in shock oh my god

ok that was unhelpful, um more constructively i do agree that if they purely wanted to get early game ratio then they would've acted n0, so it might be a good idea to look at d1 for:
1 - reasons why maf might want to recruit someone this phase
2 - conditions that might have been met for someone to be recruited
2A - confessions that were made during the day (if we think it might be a relationship effect)

sorry since i'm at work i'm kinda rushed & i can't really do much skimming but i'll be back in a few hours /o\ i'm really terrible at figuring out stuff like this because i WIFOM myself to hell and back so i'm not sure how much help i'd be anyway

685Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

nautilus

nautilus

((I actually don't think it's that out there for it to be a relationship ability, since it has some degree of theme with your partner wooing you over to the dark side or whatever.

I also think that if the player changed alignments it's likely they won't maintain their original role (if there's a person whose role is to recruit other people, and it isn't inherent within the changed player's role itself), but that's mostly an observation going from the overabundance of stunners/jailers from the first night, and the fact that multiples of these roles on the mafia side m...ight be a bit overpowered.

I think the more viable options are A, B, and D, mostly because I can't think of any reasonable conditions that could've occurred to trigger a turncoat to flip so early? I mean.

Not counting invisible actions, we have confessions (but then that'd basically be a relationship effect tbh), kiku/deo/chinomi/Kotakia, Kiyoko being attacked by something (but protected by someone, and if Kiyoko was turncoated then it'd have shown up in the night rollover), and whatever happened in the lynch. I know that there was one role back in the day that changed alignments after a certain number of phases, but D1 is kind of too fast

Also: I can confirm that Ninfia and I are still together for now, and have been together since last night and I am going to take her on a date to WcDonalds once all of this is over ;_;

edit: actually if it were a turncoat role then unless it's a delayed turncoat whatever triggered it must have happened during the day

but then like

what could've happened, other than ??? people voting on each other and confessions?? would alca really make a role that changes alignments when a player votes on another player)).

Last edited by n★utilus on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

686Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

The Facts:

Hints and claims:

Relationships:

I THINK THIS IS ACCURATE? I cleaned up the relationship section a bit.

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

687Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

relationships:

i confessed to cure D1, t3t and I are together now. i have not turned mafia so i don't believe t3t's harem'ing (if that is a thing) causes mafia recruitment, and i have a passive role so i did not do the thing.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

688Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 pm

nautilus

nautilus

((Double posting because I didn't want to edit my previous post, but thinking about it I don't believe it's a turncoat role because outside of confessions and relationships, I don't know what could've triggered a turncoat during D1 to change alignments outside of... someone voting them?? or the turncoat just automatically changing alignments on D1, but that's extremely fast? Or the turncoat is extremely delayed, but I've never seen a role like that?

So I'm thinking it's probably:

- mafia got really panicked over the lack of NK and decided to act D1, and recruited someone manually
- mafia had to meet a condition or was forced to compulsively recruit on D1, and recruited someone. What conditions? A certain number of posts? Words? Could they pick the player ahead of time and lay a trap?
- a relationship ability, but ... hmm... if it is, it probably clears anyone who had a relationship established on N0, unless it takes like a phase for you to convert))

Last edited by n★utilus on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

689Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 pm

chinomi

chinomi

I'M SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS DUMB but is it farfetched to say that i think that if the conversion was a voluntary 'pick-n-choose' kind of power then they'd go for someone who was lying low? going for a strong player or someone relatively clear (i say relatively because i dont think anyone is necessarily super clear yet??) would be........ really obvious. if they were able to choose who to convert (and this goes for relationship powers too since you can choose who to confess to) and they went with the weird decision to convert D1 then i think it would've been a play to get numbers early on to make them have to lynch off/kill off less people. if they're playing the numbers game then they'd want someone who hasn't been brought up much and someone who is lying low or SOMETHING IM GONNA DIE IM GANBARU'ING SO HARD LMFAO

i would actually super appreciate some thoughts on that ^

690Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] - Page 46 Empty Re: Gakuen Mafia EP01-EP03 [ENG SUB] Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:22 pm

nautilus

nautilus

((re: your post --

I guess the only caveat is that players like that would tend to be investigated or suspected in-thread (e.g. inactives and what not), and that ruins the purpose of turncoating? like, detectives or other power roles will generally trend towards acting on quiet players for more information because they lay low and don't give up a lot of info))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 57]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 51 ... 57  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum