Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 66]

616welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:10 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Sammiya wrote:
But I disagree with T3T with it being unenforcable. Kiyoko, presuming there are no revivals in the game, is now able to preform said action. And I imagine modkilling would be a possibility in the case they refused to speak in gibberish.

And that could easily fixable by temporarily making nautilus a moderator for the forum in any case, T3T. There are options.

There are options, you are right about that. But before this went live Kiyoko was playing and couldnt be aware of needing to do this if the situation came up beforehand. You were also playing. And on top of that we don't know if there's revivals or not.

Modkilling would be a possibility if they refused to speak gibberish. That is true. But I know Naut has that as a last case for anything and if they just ignored it, the game would be compromised. Naut's been trying to avoid that as hard as possible and I don't think she'd leave room for the possibility.

I feel like even though it being hard to enforce is a problem, that is literally the least concerning of everything I stated about her fake role.

Why at what? Not lynching chinomi?

a) I feel we should be looking at other people
b) chinomi's mafia defence in the past has literally been "/jetpacks away" so I am getting more town vibes
c) we can wait a few nights to see if her role is triggered or if someone else can prove existence of role
d) why make up a 3rd investigator and 2nd silencer role combined?? could have played safer

Yes why at not lynching chinomi. We can wait a few nights to see if her role is triggered, sure. Statistically we would likely be waiting until the nights go into the double digits. There is no reason to wait when we have something that fits together so well, and the defense is so shaky. Especially when we have nothing else to go off of.

It's not a good idea for us. It's just not. We've waited for Mr Alice as well.

If we continue to wait for every last person to prove their role-related innocence because we are not willing to take the risks we need to succeed, we will be figuring out the results from the grave. And even then they won't be what we wanted.

I don't know why she'd make up a 3rd investigator / 2nd silencer role combined, yes she could have played it safer. But she didn't. There is no part of me that believes Nautilus unbalanced the game that much, and if chinomi's mafia defense before has been as weak as "/jetpacks away" I think it's more easy to believe she did what she could while under extreme pressure and ended up with a not-very-convincing fake role for it.

I mean the role's name is even linked to the only investigator role we have confirmed. Student / Principal.

I am not changing my vote from here on out. I have enough to be convinced. If I'm wrong I'll deal with what comes with that and I guess so will everyone else on this, but I feel my decision is informed enough and sound enough for me to stick with it.

I'm going to take off for the night. If an act of some higher or lower being occurs to clear Chinomi of all suspicion, I'm sure they are powerful enough to change my vote for me.

617welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:10 pm

chinomi

chinomi

i can't confirm it because honestly it wasn't clearly laid out for me in the PM but i imagine it w-w-w-would l-look something l-l-l-like this

i can send nautilus a PM asking to clarify it if you want but i won't be around during rollover tomorrow and she already went to bed. i hadn't thought to clarify it before because i guess i kind of assumed it would've been obvious

618welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

chinomi wrote:really cool how there are no votes for anyone else
really cool
really cool
ice cold

Well, who would you vote for? Who are your scum reads?

If you tell me who roomed with you, I will remove my vote from you in a heartbeat.

619welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

nautilus wrote:

stoat alley.

chinomi: IV

high seraph vs.
Luxaria vs. chinomi
Sammiya vs.
AliceofOz vs.
alcasync vs. chinomi
Mr. Alice vs.
T3tsuya vs. chinomi
Tiki the Troll vs.
Rasei vs.
plotstickers vs.
eleni vs. chinomi
deo vs.
chinomi vs.
Ardonye vs.
Ninfia vs.
Kotakia vs.

has anyone else voted

ALSO:
- Kiyoko will be doing vote tallies when I'm asleep.
- If you have any questions about roles or other things other players are not privy to know, please let me know ASAP unless you're willing to wait until morning.

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

620welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:26 pm

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

I'm laughing because skimming through the thread isn't even working now. I'm not even gonna go into Lux and T3t's posts and just assume that they're right.

Chinomi's role is very weird and they have yet to claim partners which, at this point shouldn't be a problem revealing. You're clearing yourself and another person of suspicion so why would you still hold back after getting so many votes on you?

I wanna hear what Ardonye wants to say but based on what I've read the argument against chinomi is pretty strong.

Inb4 the most talkative ones are mafia and are targeting poor town chinomi.

621welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

I AM HOME I am going to begin typing up a megapost but since I will be doing a lot of re-reading, don't expect it to be done anytime soon.

I have only one thing to say to chinomi: REVEAL WHO ROOMED WITH YOU. At this point I think that it's likely whoever you roomed with was mafia (if you are town). Mafia have literally NO REASON to reveal that they roomed with you because that would throw the lynch off you. So chinomi, I know this goes against how you feel but give us something to work with here. Otherwise there's no saving you.

edit: just going to add that saving every townie counts so if you roomed with chi and are town, please come forth and chinomi your life as town (IF YOU AREN'T MAF) is worth something.

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

622welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:50 am

deo

deo

actually yeah that makes a ton of sense honestly. kinda a shame that she's gone (maybe idk if you're still out there hi chi please please post) and won't be around for rollover although honestly that also sounds a... little too convenient... or something idk

anyway i know i'll be around before rollover happens so i'll see what happens while i'm slep and then solidify my vote then. maybe things will makes more sense, or my doubts for her status as town will be stronger

623welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:59 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

I am so confused.

I am about to head to bed because I still have a lot of work to do tomorrow, but I thought I'd answer some questions I think I remember seeing. Apologies if I misunderstood anything. (This is becoming my daily disclaimer.)

1) What kind of message did I send Chi? Was it just a reference to Frozen or something more?
a. I sent Chi one line from a Frozen song.
b. I'll get back to you on that. It was meant to be more, but I need to confirm something first.

2) What do I think about the current development?
a. On the one hand, IIRC Chi usually slides under the radar when she's mafia instead of defending people so strongly.
c. On the other hand, alca established that others could target players and Chi was 90% convinced the message came from me. It miiight be a little odd for her to ignore the (admittedly silly) message when the person who sent it is probably town. (Messenger isn't necessarily pro-town imo, but it seems more likely that it's a town role. Besides, it's pretty harmless unless you're super insightful. I'm town and not-so-insightful.)
d. Principal? I want a school-themed role!
f. Chi, did you really target room 8?

And IIIII am going to ask nautilus a question.

624welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:02 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

ok this might be kind of off-topic but like

i've been really hoping to make a jojo reference with your name (deo-->dio ehh? ehHHHH /;DDD) and like when i got home i read that you roomed with me in my pm, but i hadn't gotten to your post where you said we roomed together

AND I WAS SO HOPING THAT EITHER:
1. SOMEONE WOULD ASK ME IF I ROOMED WITH ANYONE/WHO IT WAS, AND THAT I COULD SAY "IT WAS....YOU! DEO! /POINTS TO DEO" OR
2. SOMEONE ASKED IN GENERAL IF I ROOMED WITH ANYONE AND YOU COULD SAY "IT WAS I, DEO!"

but that didn't happen sob maybe in some other game falls on the floor i'm tired but i wanna read ardonye's post b4 i vote

Last edited by Mr. Alice on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i'm t ired i spelling errors meow)

625welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:04 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

p-plotty.....

what line was it.....this is important.....to m e....in my s o u l . . . .

was it 'reindeer are better than people'

i really hope it was

626welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:13 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

Don't get out c o n t r o l.

It's the title of the song that's most literally related to the games mechanic!

Maybe someday nautilus (or even me but I'd make it a completely unbalanced mini game) will host a Jojo game where Deo is Dio.

627welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:20 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Link to the 24a Role List

What we know so far:

Room Claims:

Roles that Exist:

D3 Vote Timestamps:

D2 Vote Timestamps:

Last edited by Luxaria on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

628welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:23 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

i actually don't know all that much about jojo except my friend keeps saying i should watch it, 'it was i, dio', jolene is a badass i love her, and like, whoo poses they do+basic info, but yes please do that

also the only song titles i actually know from frozen is let it go and....reindeers are better than people. i'm sure i could look up the other ones but likeOH WAIT AND DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN man that song got real sad real fast wtf i was crying like 10 minutes into the movie i didn't sign up for this

629welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:36 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

I didn't see any explicit mentions of High Seraph's rooms, Alca, but I did see where he said he was "sneaking around safely". So, I... included that, sort of? Edit: Wow, I totally read half of his post and skipped the line where he said he had no room partners.

So, I feel like addressing something that I saw Chinomi mention a few times.

I will be the first to admit that I've played a total of, like, 6 or so mafia games in my life at this point. All on these boards, actually. I have no experience with gibberish roles beyond the terrible things T3tsuya did to me through Kiyoko.

However, my beef with the "gibberish" component doesn't so much have to do with Nautilus not being able to mod-change it (and Kiyoko couldn't, since she might've been a player all game), but rather that... it feels arbitrary, you know?

Silence is easy to work with. If the silenced person posts at all? Well, they're mod-killed. That's straight-forward, easy design. Makes sense. Simple to follow.

Gibberish? Well, at first you made it sound--to me, at least--like the posts would be all crazy and messed up. But later clarifications turned it into stammering. My question is: How does the player know how much stammering is appropriate?

Is every word supposed to be a stammer? Do they have a quota per 100 words or something? Is "t-t-t-the" enough, but "t-the" is not? I feel like gibberish and typing quirks make a lot more sense--outside of moderated/chatroom conventions--where the player obeying the quirks has input on it and control over it. If the player is just told to post in gibberish, in stammering, then how exactly does the host rule if the player is doing it enough? It's so totally subjective.

That makes sense in a bastard mod type of game, or a fun and cheeky one, but this one has every intent and feel of a serious, dark, brooding, logical, calculative sort of game. It just... it feels off to have a role like that mixed in with everything else?

But let's say it's actually in there. Here's another reason I doubt it: If your entire role is built around pseudo-investigation, wouldn't it be in your best interest to know the exact parameters? I mean, lots of people do small stutters and employ typing quirks for emotion.

But you say:

chinomi wrote:i can't confirm it because honestly it wasn't clearly laid out for me in the PM but i imagine it w-w-w-would l-look something l-l-l-like this

So this entire time you have been sending out a role action and not even knowing for certain what you're looking for? Do you even know if it has to be every post? Do you know how often per line, per paragraph? Why would you not know anything specific or certain about the only thing your role actually does, especially if it's pro-town pseudo-investigation?

I'm not attacking it for being gibberish or for Nautilus not being a moderator.

I'm attacking it because none of it makes sense, your story for it is inconsistent, and I've outlined all of my reasons and more at this point.

If you flip town, you have my sincerest apologies, I promise you. Especially if it's a mislynch on your first game on the boards.

But this won't be a mislynch.

@ Plotstickers:
Why'd you ask her about her target of room 8? I am curious.

630welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 42 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:55 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Current ratio: 10:5:1
Rollovers: Night 0, Day 1, Night 1, Day 2, Night 2
Most recent infodump post: By Luxaria

First thing's first, I want to tackle Kiyoko's death as the result of Room 4's destruction.
Spoiler:
I believe that this role is (chaotic) neutral. If not neutral, then mafia. It seems a bit too powerful to be either mafia or town, and the town has a vigilante in the form of the Hunter. There is possibly a victory condition related to the destruction rooms in the event this is a neutral role. It makes sense why the neutral has not come forward if this is their role, because knowing how destructive it is... For awhile I had a theory that plot was neutral due to the message-sending role, but that's moot now.

Given there was a kill attempt on a room that failed, we now have to question if it was this vigbomber role or mafia. Does this mean there are now two traps in play (N0 + N1)? It's also worth noting two different flavor text in N0 vs N2.
nautilus wrote:There was a kill attempt on a room, but it failed!
nautilus wrote:An attempt was made on a room, but it failed!

Regarding Mr. Alice and their role. I thought it was worth taking a look back at who pushed them or didn't discourage them into taking drandahl's role despite the fact we knew it was vigilante-ish. Town vigs are just as likely to shoot fellow townies if not played right and are less likely to use their power, as opposed to an investigation/doctor role.

So here's a breakdown on relevant comments regarding the situation:
Spoiler:

OKAY SO. Onto suspects. At the moment I'm inclined to think one of the big talkative people in thread are mafia. Biggest talkers atm: T3tsuya, Luxaria, Kotakia. However, I feel like they've been contributing really well to the thread so it's not a confirmed feeling on anyone in particular (there are also other vocal players who talk a bit that I haven't listed). I urge everyone to keep an eye on both vocal and non-vocal players.

Moving onto the less vocal players. I decided that since we already have a list of room related info, I wanted to make a list of who hasn't been giving up room info as well.
Spoiler:
People who have not revealed their room status at all: high seraph.
People who have only revealed their room status once: Alice of Oz, Mr. Alice, Tiki the Troll, eleni, plotstickers.

chinomi claims to have been rooming with someone N0 + N1. UNLESS SOMEONE WAS LYING, N0 potential roomies are: AliceofOz, Mr. Alice, T3tsuya, Tiki the Troll, eleni, Ninfia and N1 potential roomies are: AliceofOz, Mr. Alice, Tiki the Troll, plotstickers, deo. So please come forward. Also high seraph why have you been so silent about your rooms??

Looking back at the voting in D2. We didn't have as much information as this phase, so I wanted in particular to focus on the early votes because from my experience, early voting (even with multiple vote changes) can be used by mafia to avoid being seen as someone who bandwagons. Townies are also often hesitant without any clear suspects/little information. At the moment I don't suspect alcasync because they just seem to be an early voter, but I'm starting to wonder if eleni is mafia. Why?

Well, eleni states that:
Spoiler:

There is a sudden bandwagon of votes on drandahl after a three-way tie between Mr. Alice, deo and drandahl. This leads me to believe deo can potentially be mafia, along with eleni, plotstickers and also potentially people who have associated with them via room claims.

TL;DR
- Vigbomber who killed Kiyoko seems (chaotic) neutral to me, thus explaining why neutral hasn't revealed themselves and likely won't.
- More traps are around than we thought? See N0 vs N2 flavor
- Suspicious of people involved in the push for Mr. Alice taking the vigilante role
- Suspicious of at least 1 talkative person being mafia
- Suspicious of people who haven't been revealing information about their rooms
- Suspicious of eleni's early vote and contradictory statements
THEREFORE
- Biggest suspects atm: eleni, deo
- Suspicious of but not enough to warrant a vote from me yet: Mr. Alice, chinomi, plotstickers, AliceofOz (chinomi or her roomies should out themselves PLEASE)

PSA: hey town people please do not use me as your guide on who to lynch JUST BECAUSE I'M CLEARED AS TOWN. Why? I'm not an investigative role, so the information I get is basically based off of what occurs in thread which you also have access to (and whatever else your role gives you). I don't know everything, I make mistakes and I miss things. So please. Don't wait on me before you do things or use me as the sole basis for something... :')

also guys if I made a mistake PLEASE point it out. I've been changing stuff since I started typing up this post and going back and realizing I got something wrong, etc SO YEAH. sorry. rip

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum