Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [THE END]

+21
drandahl
Rasei
katze
Kiyoko
She-Ra
Crypsis
Ardonye
chinomi
ezzelin
high seraph
angel★
Mr. Alice
T3tsuya
Tinylightsflash
alcasync
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Five
Mr. Gerbear
Cure
nautilus
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 50 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 60]

586distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

one thing that's sort of bothering me is that it is more than likely that one of the final maf members are the ones obscuring the ratio.

if there is only one mafia member left, then it isn't nye, because she already flipped and our ratio was still obscured.

edit: also hi I'm home now whats up

edit edit: I guess if she was converted she could still be mafia but augh i dunno. I don't knowww

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

587distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Cure

Cure

i kind of think we might never get a ratio. maybe there was never supposed to be a ratio at all.

as the numbers have been dwindling i've been starting to have crazy theories like: Maybe there's no ratio, because as soon as all the regular mafia members are dead, someone else is randomly converted until there's only like three people left just so the hosts can get the balancing act achievement. which is insane, but so is the idea of legitimately considering that maybe all of the mafia didn't know they were mafia or mafia are controlling living players from beyond the grave even though they're all dead or half the things that have happened already in this game

has ardonye said anything about her ability recently? like, has it still been working? I got the impression that she like, passively learned information about people? Did she say anything about still having her ability after she came back to life?

If there's a conversion mechanic, I think (some???) people would lose their abilities because even though we're all passive and relatively weak, abilities like mine, for example, would be INSANELY overpowered on the mafia side when the ratio starts getting low because it works indefinitely.

edit: to expand on my first point regarding the ratio. it seems like there's a lot of millers in this game (probably) or other ways of obscuring alignment. there might be enough that the hosts realized the ratio would not be reliable after a certain point (see: lit maf for an example of this happening... both lit mafs, actually, the first game ended with it still showing two mafia alive). The hosts might have just opted to... not... have a ratio at all rather than have it show 3:3 when it was actually 1:5.

Also, if there's a conversion mechanic, they might have wanted to keep it hidden, but a new mafia showing up in the ratio would have tipped us off that people were being converted and made us suspicious as soon as it happened. This way, with no ratio, we have no idea when/if someone is converted or when to start being suspicious of their motives when we backread. With the number of revives in the game, mafia being able to convert someone seems Very Likely (and clearly it happened). But if they converted someone right after they were revived (ardonye), we'd immediately assume it was her.

Honestly, i think that's really what it is. Recruitment mechanic = no ratio because the hosts wanted to keep it a secret/add suspense/whatever.

588distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:23 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

vote: ardonye

idk man. Idk. I don't want to believe she's maf but at this point we don't have much other option and it doesn't seem like the lynch is gonna go any other way. I'm gonna take a nap.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

589distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:25 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I feel like Cure's explanation for the hidden alignment existing to hide conversion makes sense, especially considering there seems to be a post-death self-revive mechanic. I feel like it's still not as simple as simply "mafia converts people and that's all there is to it" because I still feel that there's something to be said about the consistent NK sender chains.

Worst case scenario, we get down to 1 mafia and 2 town, and then we'll know for sure what the ratio is, since the win conditions for the two factions on the front page are what they are. ;v;

590distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

eleni

eleni

Out right now so just putting in my vote!

vote: Ardonye

591distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Phase end. Mitsu may or may not have been kidnapped again I will let you know. Task force on standby

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

592distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

doobie doobie doo wah
doobie doobie doo wah

AGENT P

593distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Rasei

Rasei

*Agent First To Die is collapse on the ground, almost to tire to be awake and gives a thumps up to Kiyoko.*

594distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

If anyone sent in their action within the last hour of the phase, you might get an outdated PM. If that happens, just sit tight and I'll get your proper PM to you as soon as possible.

Man look at this amazing task force you guys are the best

595distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

*teeth chattering noise*

translation: i check this thread way too much. of course i'm on it. i'm on it like donkey kong...it

596distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Pro Tip:

Did you know? You can minimize the frequency of PM and rollover delays by not sending in messages right before phase end.

(Rollover will be up within the half hour)

597distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Cure

Cure

makes a grumpy face at the people delaying rollover

598distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 pm

high seraph

high seraph

Kiyoko wrote:Pro Tip:

Did you know? You can minimize the frequency of PM and rollover delays by not sending in messages right before phase end.

(Rollover will be up within the half hour)

distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Tumblr_nypgm08fEc1u9e89no1_500

599distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

distortion [THE END] - Page 40 75955-2385-xwxcp-a

distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Dog-sleeping-at-the-vet

im so sleepyyyyy just woke up

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

600distortion [THE END] - Page 40 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Cure

Cure

IT'S BEEN 30 MINUTES KIYO IS A LIAR

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 50 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum