Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [D4-N6]

+18
Crypsis
She-Ra
high seraph
ezzelin
plotstickers
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Tinylightsflash
katze
chinomi
angel★
Mr. Gerbear
alcasync
T3tsuya
Five
Cure
Kiyoko
nautilus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 51]

61distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Cure

Cure

distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Tumblr_o7m59xHTbp1s5xp8go3_500

best pagetop

62distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:37 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I was writing a post but the forum ate it so here is a grumpy summary of what it said! ;v;

I don't think anyone in this game started off trusting other players with everything immediately. These are communications that have been going on for over a week in real time. We built up trust by sharing information a little bit at a time and then gradually sharing more when others reciprocated or behaved in a town-like manner in thread! Some people seem to have sent messages anonymously and only revealed themselves when they felt comfortable doing so. I'm sorry nobody has reached out to you, but you also have made no effort to reach out to anyone else.

That said, I would be okay lynching someone else besides Mr. Gerbear if we think there's another candidate who will reveal more upon death. ;v;

63distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 pm

katze

katze

I mean, it's true. A person can be maf and still be "helpful." I'll never forget the homestuck game where Kiyo was The Big Bad and led the entire game for the most part. She was very good at faking town and nobody knew until the very last minute and then SHE KILLED ME before I had the chance to say because I faltered and it led her to win the game.

From my point of view, nobody has been proven innocent. Nobody has been sending me messages except the three. One Welcome To Hell, one Don't Knock Over The Cans, and one Move To New Location If You Want To Live. Otherwise i haven't gotten anything, either.

This game is Hard to play. Everything is hidden right now. Everything is he said she said. Mafia can easily use things to their advantage to make each other look more innocent. This is assuming they know who each other are. And we still don't know if that's the case or not. Trust or not, but you gotta figure out something to do with your information. There's literally nothing else that's helping us figure out who is what until we DO something and see what happens and pops up in rollovers.

With THAT said, I'm willing to vote for someone else besides Gerry today, see how it goes. If it turns out that he was lying, then we lynch him next time. If it turns out he's telling the truth, then we know where we stand.

Granted, we did just lose three town in one night... And that really hurts, but there's still ~19ish players? So there's that thought.

People i'm willing to vote for atm: Alca, She-Ra, Gerry(if we really must, but it'd be best to wait like T3t said, assuming wine isn't an issue here). I'll be sure to add more, but those are the ones that REALLY stand out to me right now, personally.

Side note: There can be  millers on both teams. And if Gerry claims miller, and Alca claims miller, they can technically be telling the truth, but you know. If Alca flips town after also claiming miller well....

Anyway, a lot of that is outward talking so I can gather my thoughts and hope that it somehow helps someone somewhere.

Ninja'd by Alca

64distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:45 pm

alcasync

alcasync

If I were mafia who flipped town upon death why on earth would I claim miller?

Please think your arguments through.

65distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:52 pm

katze

katze

Because Gerry had already claimed miller? So it countered that. And the second person to claim is usually the real one, from past experiences. So the first person who claimed looks suspicious. In this case, Gerry.

It was a theory, not a strict argument that I was feeling passionately about.

66distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Cure

Cure

Alca has been sending me messages about item locations (that I wouldn't have otherwise bothered to try and get), and very specifically how to get them (and i know she's not lying to me because the location matches up with what other people have told me who were in that area). She's been pretty forthcoming about information in a way that lines up with her typical town behavior, and she was very upfront about her miller-esque status.

She's been one of the few aggressively getting info out in messages so I kind of want to keep her around even if she somehow is mafia, she's still sharing information moreso than like... half the thread that is posting once per phase and saying literally nothing other than "sry im inactive guys i didn't send any messages or move anywhere."

DO YOU KNOW WHO I WANT TO HEAR FROM? PLOT. LET'S HEAR FROM PLOT.

PLOT TELL ME WHY YOU AREN'T MAFIA.

edit: shit. gotta make it seem like I mean business.

ahem

vote: Plotstickers

P-PLOT TELL ME WHY YOU AREN'T MAFIA

67distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:57 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I claimed miller early on D1. I cannot quote the post because the thread is locked. At that point, Mr. Gerbear had not yet heavily hinted at being miller, only that he wanted to be investigated. I counterclaimed on D3 when he made it clear that he was implying miller.

My point though is that if I were mafia who flipped town, I would not have given thread any reason to believe I was mafia. I would not have mentioned it at all. I would eventually have flipped town and made whoever got me lynched look bad. So I don't understand your logic here at all.

edit: Kiyoko reminded me that I can still copy and paste, oops. Give me some time as I am on mobile.

68distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 am

Cure

Cure

Also if mafia wanted to do a whole "let's make one of us look town by claiming miller" ploy, they wouldn't have alca do it. Alca is a really bad liar when she's mafia (sorry alca).

On that note, I'm not sure why they'd have Gerry do it either so hey maybe they're both millers or they're both mafia without even knowing they're mafia or something ridiculous we don't actualy know (but gerry was stunned when there was no NK, not Alca) and our time this phase is probably better spent interrogating other people

LIKE PLOT

(alca was a mafia miller who showed as town in a previous game and literally everyone saw through her and was supicious of her for the whole game and when she flipped town half the thread was convinced she was mafia anyway. so. i don't know why they'd have alca do the thing. it's more likely that she's telling the truth.)

69distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:03 am

katze

katze

It. Was. A. Theory.

It goes along with how helpful you've been.

I'm  not calling you out strictly on mafia. I literally just explained in that post earlier that everything is he said she said. You've been helpful with cure and she's been helpful with you but for all I know cure could be mafia, too. I don't know!!! That was my whole point.

please

forGIVE me for throwing ideas out. i'm trying to be helpful and unfortunately this whole you and gerry and miller thing is a Hot Topic right now and that's what I talked about.

I never said I couldn't be wrong.

70distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 am

Cure

Cure

okay but... a mafia miller is not going to claim that they're a miller katze. not even to counter claim a town miller. like... a... normal... mafia member. who flips mafia when they die. might do that, but a mafia miller who flips town is never ever ever going to claim miller

god i only wish i could be this convincing when i'm mafia. i haven't been mafia in months. the second i'm actually mafia again everyone is literally instantly going to know.

71distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 am

alcasync

alcasync

alcasync wrote:Yes, um! I was told (by the hosts) that I can't claim what my role does beyond that nothing revealed about me will be accurate, including in rollover. It is not at all a pro-town role and it might actually be detrimental for town if I remained in the game, and so for that reason I would actually be okay with getting lynched for lack of better candidates. ;v; I-I think that's all I'm allowed to say about my role but hopefully people can figure out what I'm trying to say?

Umm! Given that the ratio is ?T:?M, I don't know if this would hurt town too much, but since nobody died on N0 it might be okay. If there is something I can do to help town after dying (since the first post hints at that?) it might be a better way for me to contribute.

I realize it's also not pro-town of me to just let myself get mislynched, so I do want to offer anything I might be able to share! If people are willing to accept my speculation then I'll speculate, but if due to the nature of my role, everyone is going to distrust me anyway, then the last thing I want is to distract speculation too much. At the very least, the information about the mafia suspect that I've posted in thread should be able to be verified by someone else! /)n(\

That post. I can't link to it because my proxy server messes up URLs! ;v;

Also no offense taken, Cure.

I would be interested in hearing from plotstickers too given Ardonye voted for plot.

Anyway, I am going to bed now. I'll answer any more questions tomorrow. Good night.

72distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:09 am

katze

katze

I understand that. And i get that. I'm mainly upset at how Alca worded her response to me, which felt a bit rude? And therefore explained myself as to why I said what I said.

o7

I'm outtie for the night. Sorry guys. I'll respond more tomorrow.

73distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:13 am

chinomi

chinomi

On my side of things I want to say that dran was messaging me A LOT throughout this game with pretty long messages and I sort of knew they were town based on just how much they were giving me. Unfortunately I was only able to personally send them one or two messages back due to a lack of opportunity on my end since I wanted to message a few other people with things first but I did make dran know I was receiving their messages. I'm actually quite sad they were killed because their messages were thorough and interesting.

Are we allowed to reveal what was said in messages in thread completely or only vaguely?

Also I REALLY need to vote today so no one let me forget LOL. For the record I'm find with lynching someone other than Gerry if it means getting more information. Like mentioned before, it should be easy to get rid of him again if need be LMFAO but this might be a good opportunity to grab some information based on who he wants to vote for and reasons why <o><o>

74distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:15 am

Cure

Cure

I think you can quote messages as long as you cut anything that breaks the in-thread claiming rules.

75distortion [D4-N6] - Page 5 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:29 am

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

I actually didn't even think of hinting locations of items before in messages. I'm a dumb-dumb.

IF I HAD CHECKED A BIT SOONER I WOULD'VE FOUND YOUR QUOTE ALCa... I think as a admin I should be able to still quote stuff from the locked thread.

But I, to, would love to hear from anyone that's been quiet.

I've been very careful about my messages/whom I trust. My first message to Cure was a slight test to see if I could fully trust her or not, and I had not left my name. I was using whatever she said in the thread to help gauge it further. I had seen enough of T3t to feel inclined to trust in him being potentially town.

It's a game of cooperation for Town, and taking into stock how people are acting/how they respond to messages are a good way of figuring out how much you can trust them in games with this kind of set-up. This kind of setup is perfect. It's really like a murder mystery in the set-up, and the way mysteries get solved is through hardwork, picking up inconsistencies, and overall analyzing interactions.

(I also may or may not have started watching Murder, She Wrote on Netflix. (Grandma loved that show, and I think Rasei and I watched it with her a few times.))

@at anyone who is newer: If it wasn't clear or made known, Rasei and I are sisters! We do not live together, however. (I live in California, and she lives elsewhere)

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum