Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN]

+6
Entelechy
Tiki The Troll
Ninfia
Cure
Luxaria
ezzelin
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

ezzelin

ezzelin

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Baren_and_okuni_banner_by_amashimono-d9wc2x9

This is the shrine of the Orochi. A cursed land where the sky is muddled with clouds.

Born in the ancient times, the cursed spirit Orochi feeds off humanity's sins.
Greed. Pride. Avarice.
Reborn every three hundred years, it seeks out a host and inhabits it, leading them to kill again and again until strong enough to rise in its full form and rear its head high under the ever-present clouds cast over Oumi.
It devours all living with insatiable hunger, scorching the earth and defiling the seas.

The serpent of destruction is rising once again.

Pay heed, for the Orochi is the enemy of mankind...

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Torii10

Descendants of the prominent houses of Oumi, you have all lived your lives since birth with only one goal in mind - to seek out and destroy the Orochi when it reappears. The time of its rebirth is near; and while you are the only people that can draw out, seal and destroy the ancient cursed spirit, you are also the only ones the spirit will inhabit... surely enough, one of you will become the True Orochi's Vessel - the shell for the Orochi within to slowly but surely gain strength before rising once again in its full form.

You must seek out the Vessel and kill it before it is too late; as you are now, you stand no chance against the serpent of destruction at its full power.

But be warned; the Orochi will not idly wait. While it settles within the body of one among you, it will use them to kill time and time again, without their knowledge. The signs will not show until it is already too late... find the Orochi, find it and destroy it before it destroys us all - and disperse the clouds over Oumi so that sun may shine again over our lands.

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Orochi_by_amashimono-d9wc4br

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Mechan10

In this game, each player is unaware of their own alignment, as you do not know that you are the Orochi's Vessel.

Therefore, Night phases will work differently than you are used to.

During the Night Phase

All players are required to pm the host a NK target.

If the player's alignment is mafia/they are possessed by the Orochi, their pm will be counted as a vote towards the NK. However, if the NK votes form a tie, the Orochi will not be able to decide on their target, and no one will die.

If the player's alignment is town, there is a chance that they will actually protect their target instead. One player among the town will be chosen as channeling divine protection every night, and their target will be immune to NK. They will not be told that they were able to protect someone that night.

Additionally, every player may attempt to contact another player through the host every night. If they and the person they attempted to contact are both mafia, they will be revealed to each other and will continue to operate as standard mafia together.

There is a possibility that the mafia may be given an option to recruit a single town player upon finding each other, if the game balance at the time requires it.

During the Day Phase

All players will vote in-thread normally for the target that they wish to sentence to death by hanging.

In the case of a tie, the lynch will be RNGed between the tied players.

Special

All Mafia are immune to NK. If they are the majority target of the night votes, they will appear as if they were protected. If they are one of the two tied targets however, the vote on them will be ignored and the other target will be killed despite the tie.

Additionally, two players will be randomly picked that will have a one-time killproof. One of the mafia, being the Fake Orochi's Vessel, will be able to escape death once by faking their death (flavour). One of the town, being the Shikigami summoned to seal the Orochi, will deny the attempt made on their life once.

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Rules10

• No kill or No vote is not a valid target for the NK pm.
  • Night phase votes will never be publicly revealed in thread by the host, but you are allowed to claim them.
  • Players are allowed to plan night targets in-thread, but are of course under no obligation to actually follow the plan.
  • No lynch or No vote is a valid day phase vote.
  • You have unlimited vote changes both during the night phase and the day phase.
  • Please make sure to vote every. single. phase. as the game is purely reliant on votes.
  • Outside the mechanism, all players are vanilla.
  • The game ends when either Town eliminates the Orochi, or when the Mafia/Servants of the Orochi outnumber Town.

The theme of this game is based on Donten ni Warau /Rengoku ni Warau;
as such, manga captions and quotes are and will be used during rollovers.

Last edited by shrine guardian ezz on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 pm; edited 7 times in total

ezzelin

ezzelin

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Vessel11

• Luxaria
  • Cure
  • Ninfia - killed N0 - Town - Kumo Soramaru
  • Tiki the Troll - killed N2 - Town - Ashiya Mutsuki
  • Entelechy - lynched D1 - Town - Kinjou Shirasu
  • Sammiya - killed N3 - Town - Abe no Sousei
  • aeiou - lynched D2 - Town - Botan
  • Rasei - lynched D4 - Town Kumo Chuutaro
  • Five - lynched D3 - Mafia - Sasaki Kiiko

Characters used: Kumo Tenka, Kumo Soramaru, Kumo Chuutarou, Kinjou Shirasu, Abe no Hirari, Abe no Sousei, Sasaki Kiiko, Ashiya Mutsuki, Botan.

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] Clouds11

Last edited by shrine guardian ezz on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 18 times in total

ezzelin

ezzelin

I'm looking to find ~12 players, but the game might start at less as well.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Yes.

(will read it after I finish with this rollover preparation)

ezzelin

ezzelin

THAT WAS FAST

Cure

Cure

yes

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Cure

Cure

actually, question! host-chef-chan:

If the mafia send in the NK on another player that is mafia, will that mafia member die? If so, I think that could end up being pretty unfortunate for the mafia in that case and they could lose really easily and propose two alternatives:

1: If mafia NKs another mafia member, it'll show up as that player being protected (pros and cons to this)
2: if mafia NKs another mafia member it has the same effect as successfully messaging another mafia member and converts them and nothing is shown in rollover (also pros and cons to this)
3: ?????

(i like option 1 better because it doesn't clue town into a convert and mafia can probably deduce that their target MIGHT be mafia and message them the next night)

if you're already doing it one of these ways or an entirely different way \OvO/ yay, I just had a THOUGHT and wanted to make sure.

I MISSED THAT PART NEVERMIND

Last edited by Cure on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

ezzelin

ezzelin

@Cute-senpai

mechanics - special wrote:All Mafia are immune to NK. If they are the majority target of the night votes, they will appear as if they were protected. If they are one of the two tied targets however, the vote on them will be ignored and the other target will be killed despite the tie.

Cure

Cure

I"M SORRY I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF READING IT AND WAS LIKE "WOW WHAT IF THIS THING HAPPENS" and completely missed that section somehow amazing.

ezzelin

ezzelin

it happens c:
maybe I should put it elsewhere or rephrase to make it more obvious, hm.
I placed it separately from the night phase so there wouldn't be too much under that title which could make it confusing, but if it's easily missed because of that maybe I should move it up.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Okay, I've read it now.
Yes.
I'll do it.

Luxaria

Luxaria

OKAY NOW THAT I'VE READ IT, I've always wanted to play or run a setup like this.

ezzelin, I...

I...

;////; <3

ezzelin

ezzelin

added everyone up to here (*´~`*)

Entelechy

Entelechy

I would like to play, please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next