Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multiplayer Games

+2
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Multiplayer Games Empty Multiplayer Games Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

So...anybody have games made for groups that they love...yet have trouble getting a large enough group (or a group at all)? Well, with all our different schedules and time zones, possibly having no shared games, and being pretty new to one another, maybe not the best place to ask, but hey. Who knows? Maybe a few of us can have some fun with one another outside of Mafia, eh? :D

I have bed soon, but here are a couple examples from my end. :D

Guns of Icarus
http://gunsoficarus.com/

Sid Meier's Civilization (IV and V)
http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/
http://www.civilization5.com/

(Sorry I don't have more time to post details right now!)

2Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I guess I'll plug.

Mr. Alice, drandahl and I have been playing Guild Wars 2 together. We primarily putz around exploring, and occasionally do suicidal dungeon runs that take forever because we're trying to two-man dungeons designed for 5 people. All in all we prioritize fun over actual effective gameplay, so if you want to play with us, you probably want to do your leveling solo and then join us for relaxation since we are absolutely unproductive.

If you're new to GW2, it's got a mechanic where high level players are leveled down to match low level players so we can always play together, and if you're medium to GW2, we have done suicide runs where we take lowbies (i.e. drandahl) through level 80 maps just to see how long they last.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

3Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Yes, please play Guild Wars 2 with us! We'll try to make it as enjoyable as possible for you! :'DDD I am always always up for dungeon runs!!! WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN WIN!!! (as long as we have kiyo, she is vital for the win condition)

4Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm. I mainly play League of Legends and Hearthstone and will add anyone on either. I do have Civilization V and I love it, though I'm always too lazy to finish my games. I also have GW2, since I played it a lot at launch. Actually, I lobbied for it a few weeks ago, since my group of friends wanted to start up on an MMO for the summer--like we usually do--and none of them had played it. But, they chose Tera instead... except at level 30 on our new characters they all got bored and went back to their old max levels from when we played a few years ago. I'm still bitter. .-.

Oh, and I love Minecraft lots. That game is the equivalent of my comfort food.

5Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

slides back in WELL HEY THERE LUCARIO I MEAN LUXARIO I MEAN LUXARIA YOU SHOULD GIVE US YOUR GW2 NAME SO WE CAN ADD YOU AS FRIEND 0 W 0

6Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I am not a punching steel jackal thing. :c

Kiyoko gave me her GW2 name and I added her. I can message you the handle, or you tell me yours. :E!!

7Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:15 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

As for the games I listed:

Guns of Icarus puts you on a steampunk airship, one of four crew members who split duties between pilot, gunner(s), and engineer(s). The airships are customizable, and whoever is captain gets to use one of their own ships. Each ship is part of a team of 2-4 ships, and you go up against an equal number of enemy ships. In that regard, it's your standard team deathmatch game...yet, the setup of he crews makes it so much more. Unlike other team based PvP games, one player on their own can't carry a team, can't go off on their own. One ship, maybe, but that still requires constant communication and coordination amongst the crew, as the pilot weaves left, right, up, and down through hails of gunfire, vision-obscuring clouds, collosal mountains and structures, and even a debiltating sandstorm. And during all that the gnner is constantly going from gun to gun, trying to get the right weapon, the right angle, the right ammo, just whatever it takes to take down the other bastard before they and their crew get sent on a one-way trip downward And dont get me started on the engineers...those guys run off of sweat, tears, duct tape, and prayers, flying across the ship to keep every damn thing working.

The Civilization games...less exciting. :lol: And yeah, Jaiser and I almost never finish our games, and actually find the pre-industrial years by far more fun. Still, we've been dying to make it more than just him, me, and the mercurial AI leaders for a long time now. Just, the biggest problem to drawing most people isn't the monetary investment, but the time investment. Still, if any of you like turn-based strategy, long-term planning, and/or history, you might find these games a lot of fun too. :D

As for Guild Wars 2...I feel bad I'm still only at level 40. :( I keep meaning to log in and level up, I do, but it keeps getting pushed back! :( Sorry, Kiyo...though, believe it or not, still plan to getting to 8 someday, heh. I still have fond memories of the one time you took me through a dungeon...I was aggravated at first, so much death, but the we got in the swing of things. :lol:

Never played Hearthstone, though I've been curious...

A friend at work got me into League of Legends. At level 25, and now that I'm nearly at max level...noticing the players I'm with becoming more and more toxic. Hence why I've been doing ARAM exclusively these days. I'd do the standard game with a group of friends, sure!...but now my work buddy, the one that got me into it, has quit the game. :lol:

I considered mentioning Minecraft! Who doesn't love the game?
Well, okay I don't, find it "meh" at best (heresy, I know), but I'm always down for dicking around in it with friends. :D

8Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:39 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Guns of Icarus sounds pretty interesting. I thought it was an older indie game, but apparently not. I'll check out a gameplay video in a little bit because I've never heard of this before.

Tiki The Troll wrote:The Civilization games...less exciting. :lol: And yeah, Jaiser and I almost never finish our games, and actually find the pre-industrial years by far more fun.

Completely agree. I've done a few multiplayer games with a friend, and usually we enjoy the earliest stages when you're raising up your civilization out of nothingness. It's a lot more fun in those eras because you're constantly making decisions about how to prioritize resources, expansion, and trades. There's still a lot of that later in the game, but it feels a lot more volatile in the earlier stages when you're carving out a niche and identity.

As for League, I really feel bad for any new players to that game. The community is incredibly toxic in lower brackets, and 1-30 is filled with players on alt accounts that just stomp and belittle beginners. I wish Riot would just let you buy a new level 30 (with a cooldown, maybe?) if you already had one, but oh well. I try and offer some tips and help to newer players if I get queued into that bracket while playing with friends. It does get better if you get more familiar with the game and manage to climb in rating, as I've noticed players at higher levels are typically more focused on their own thing, rather than attacking teammates. Or, just playing with a group of friends works instead!

9Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I mostly play MMOs. World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Neverwinter, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Wonderland Online, and I been trying out a new game called Royal Quest.

I also drabble in Runescape, Everquest 1 & 2 (My first character in EQ was name Honey and she is over a decade and half old and only 9ish lvl last time I checked), DC Online, Champions Online, and a few other free ones.

I also play Hearthstone, and drabble a bit in StarCraft 2.

Last edited by Rasei on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a couple of games)

10Multiplayer Games Empty Re: Multiplayer Games Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:11 am

Jaiser

Jaiser

I've been thinking about a Minecraft server for this group, and a Project: Zomboid group would be fun too. Though in that case the trick would be coordinating enough that we don't die from stupid reasons...

Guns of Icarus is. My. Favorite. Game. Recently, anyway. Unfortunately my headset's been totaled, so until I get a new one, that's on the sidelines.

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum