Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || volume 2

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Literary UPICK || volume 2 Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Literary UPICK || volume 2 Ie6MZja

TIME PASSES, CARRYING the city forward into a world of war and gluten-free diets.

The bookstore at the intersection of Lincoln and New Hope, formerly Lincoln and 8th, is under new management. Its outer veneer gleams like a start-up, all rounded corners and flat design. It’s called something different now, something new-age and pretentious, like Last Quill & Testament or Once Written, Twice Shy or even, perhaps, Helvetica. Everyone just calls it The Bookstore, same as they always have. Upon the heavy glass door, nestled beneath an overgrowth of flyers, a rustic sign reads: OPEN.

Inside, there are no shallow trappings of modernity, no endorsements for yoga or artisan toast. The interior of the bookstore is sunbeams and dust, is muffled footsteps on weathered hardwood, is pages upon pages, well-loved and well-turned. The woman behind the counter bears more piercings and less birthdays than her predecessor, but it’s with the same tender reverence that she adjusts each title in the window to face the sun.

Time passes. The city changes. The bookstore changes, too, but mostly it stays the same.

ROLES

This game is a UPICK. For your role, you can choose any PUBLISHED WRITTEN WORK, including but not limited to: novels, textbooks, entire book series, plays, cookbooks, collections of poetry and short stories, comics, research papers, etc.

After signing up, please send CURE a PM with your TOP THREE ROLE CHOICES. Please do include the author and a link to information about your choices, if possible.

No two players may have the same work as their role, but they may share the same author.

Keep in mind when choosing that flavor text will include hints about the roles that acted, but will not specify which role did what.
RULES

All standard game rules apply.

Claiming is allowed but please DO NOT QUOTE OR SCREENCAP YOUR ROLE PM.

UNLIMITED vote changes.
NO VOTE and NO LYNCH are valid.

If you fail to vote at any point, your role powers will be temporarily disabled for 48 hours.

There may be REVIVAL ROLES and DEATH ROLES in play, so please do not communicate outside of thread after death and keep up with the game.

RATIO

Starting ratio TBD.

ROLE PRIORITY Passive > Protection >
Stuns/Jails > Other > Kills

MAFIA wins their number is >= town.
TOWN wins when mafia is eliminated.
NEUTRALS have their own win conditions.

ROLLS

PHASE END is at 8:00pm PST
No actions or votes after phase end will count.

ROLLOVER will be posted at 8:30pm PST
in order to provide time for me to write flavor.

coming soon to a bookstore near you

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

2Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || volume 2 Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Cure

Cure

UvU were doin this again its happening

3Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || volume 2 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:58 am

high seraph

high seraph

wowoowo yes please

4Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || volume 2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

INVENTORY

ATTICUS FINCH

DORIAN GRAY
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde || town

SHERLOCK HOLMES

SCARLETT O'HARA

IAGO
Othello by William Shakespeare || mafia

ARCHIVES

PROLOGUE
in which nobody died

CHAPTER 1
in which everybody turned against one another a la Lord of the Flies

CHAPTER 2
in which, of the survivors, the rest were systematically slaughtered

THE END
in which the hosr win

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

KIYOKO
will be responsible for reading everyone's
books, writing flavor, and styling the bbcode

CURE
will be responsible for posting rollovers and fielding PMs

BOTH
will be responsible for coming up with and balancing
roles, answering questions in and out of thread, being
consistently attractive, and wreaking general havoc

5Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || volume 2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Literary UPICK || volume 2 ZfOCn85

"So what you're saying is, I'm your brand of heroin?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

He smiled swiftly, seeming to appreciate my effort. "Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."
SAMPLE PLAYER
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, this is a ROLE PM. Second, there is a part of this PM-and I didn’t know how long that part might be-that CONTAINS RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLAYERS' ROLES. And third, this is unconditionally and irrevocably not an actual in-game PM.

Last edited by Kiyoko on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

6Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || volume 2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

LOREM IPSUM DOLOR sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque blandit magna eget condimentum faucibus. Pellentesque posuere dui eleifend mollis aliquam. Nam rutrum ultrices felis eu ultricies. Nullam a faucibus odio. Proin porta ut turpis eget aliquet. Fusce ac elementum purus. Etiam semper mauris ut interdum bibendum.

Duis suscipit nisl rhoncus lacinia ultricies. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Phasellus egestas mollis urna. Vestibulum volutpat mollis lacus, euismod venenatis lectus. Sed et neque erat. Donec mattis dui vitae orci venenatis gravida. Cras sed felis egestas, scelerisque elit at, pretium purus.

Donec et massa ullamcorper eros iaculis accumsan. Quisque sit amet pulvinar urna, eget imperdiet nibh. Pellentesque cursus posuere diam, vel ornare turpis facilisis nec. Fusce congue in neque at gravida. Duis non ultricies mauris. Mauris aliquam feugiat erat, eu cursus orci convallis ut. Maecenas at condimentum sem, a consequat tellus. Nulla nec condimentum arcu, sed tempor mauris. Curabitur condimentum sem at tortor condimentum sagittis. Nullam imperdiet sapien vestibulum, ullamcorper lacus eget, imperdiet justo. In vitae risus vitae dui pretium aliquet id sit amet augue. Nullam fringilla purus non nisi facilisis, vel cursus orci faucibus. In ut vestibulum odio. Etiam tempus elit sed facilisis ullamcorper.
CHAPTER 1

JOHN YOSSARIAN was stunned.

EDMOND DANTÈS was jailed.

VOLDEMORT was targeted for a kill, but it failed.

Literary UPICK || volume 2 24y1idk
PLS AZU
It was Chinomi who shot Gerry instead of Mehdi,
and then I shot Pladderlot later. You even backread
that game you have no excuse

KIYOKO was killed.
She was THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer.
She was THE HOST.

2M:1N:8T

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Literary UPICK || volume 2 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || volume 2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

VOTES

PETER PAN vs. Captain Hook

DOROTHY GALE vs. Wicked Witch of the West

WENDY DARLING vs. Captain Hook

BEOWULF vs. Grendel

ATTICUS FINCH vs. No Lynch

SCOUT FINCH vs. No Lynch
TOTALS