Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creative Shooting the Breeze

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Creative Shooting the Breeze Empty Creative Shooting the Breeze on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Interest query: anyone interested in forming some kind of talk group or some threads to discuss ideas? I get the sense there's a lot of creative people here, and I think it would be cool to have a way for us to toss out ideas and throw them back and forth. Or possibly create some kind of periodic "here's a topic/trope/idea, lets make up some cool stuff for it" setup, even a little writers' club.

If so, how would we go about setting this up?

2Creative Shooting the Breeze Empty Re: Creative Shooting the Breeze on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 pm

I would like such a group. No one comes to my old group really 'cept during Nanowrimo.

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

3Creative Shooting the Breeze Empty Re: Creative Shooting the Breeze on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 am

Well, what should we start with? Just toss around ideas? I don't really have a format in mind, per se.

I've been on a kick of researching Sumerian mythology and reading a bunch of werewolf stories (not connected. At least I haven't tried to connect them yet, anyway).

4Creative Shooting the Breeze Empty Re: Creative Shooting the Breeze on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:39 pm

Whatever you decide on, I'm all for it! :D

5Creative Shooting the Breeze Empty Re: Creative Shooting the Breeze on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin
: o I enjoy creativity and breeze shooting....

6Creative Shooting the Breeze Empty Re: Creative Shooting the Breeze on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm taking a creative writing course, and here are my prompts for the first assignment, if anyone is interested:

Choose one of the three prompts below and write at least 500 words in response:

1. “An unsolved mystery is a thorn in the heart.” This is opening line of a short prose piece you are to write, mediating upon an “ unsolved mystery” in your own life, but explore this “germ” from your own life in the fictional realm, through the experience of a character that you create.

2. As minutely as possible, describe a significant place, conveying by means of language (showing and not telling) the emotion generated by this place in your imagination, but through the eyes and experience of a protagonist whom you create.

3. “Interview” an older relative, asking questions, eliciting answers, and then, in presenting the speaker’s voice, remove yourself entirely from the text, creating a fictional voice for relating the experiences described by your older relative.

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]