Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP: It's About Time

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WIP: It's About Time Empty WIP: It's About Time Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:15 am

drandahl

drandahl

Still getting used to the game, so might be a couple rounds before I try hosting. That said, I already have a few ideas floating around, so I might as well post them here. I figure at the very least it will seed discussion.

Vague Idea 034: Time travel mafia
(note: will add more thematic details later, just jotting thoughts down as they come to me)
You belong to a research team developing a time machine. You have some unidentified agents working for another organization trying to sabotage your plans. One night (denoted N0), one of your fellow researchers is found "missing" (dead).

The team pushes the science lab out of the current timeline blah blah blah more background etc. Basically works like normal mafia, instead the night phases involve taking action farther back in time (N-1, N-2, etc) and having those changes propagate through until the original incident (N0).
For example, we could have the following series of actions:
N0: X kills Y
D1: Y is dead for discussion
N1 (N-1): Z kills X
D2: X is dead for discussion; Y is be alive for discussion
N2 (N-2): ...

Anyway, now that I have these thought down, I can sleep. Will think more on it later, but let me know if any of you have any immediate interest or knee-jerk reactions.

2WIP: It's About Time Empty Re: WIP: It's About Time Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

How are you handling alignment reveal upon death?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

3WIP: It's About Time Empty Re: WIP: It's About Time Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:47 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Good question. I am considering two options:
1. Keep traditional alignment reveal, opening up the possibility of pushing verified mafia back into play. There's both thematic and game-breaking issues here ("We are certain in-game these folks are bad, why can't we just lynch them?"), so I might look into setups with resurrection roles for inspiration.
2. Remove alignment reveal upon death, and allow for more roles/conditions that reveal alignment.

I think the former might be cleaner for a first game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum