Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Animes

+3
drandahl
Kiyoko
Rasei
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:55 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Ooh. I'm more of a manga person so I'll definitely check out the manga, then. Thanks for the tip.

If you cosplay Utena please send photos.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

17Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

no problem! The anime is worth a watch but I think you should read until after the ark arc first imo.

I am finally getting around to reading the haikyuu manga and its so cute, I'm pretty sure my heart is dying. I just can't handle these cute baby nerds.

also, totally will! I cosplayed mabel from gravity falls not too long ago and that was fun. it was weird to have long hair again.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

18Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:11 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I cosplayed Maya Fey from the Ace Attorney series last Fanime. Had a blast. Need cosplay ideas for next year (though I'll probably do Maya again just because aside from the platform flipflops it was a really comfortable outfit).

Not sure what area you're in but maybe we should do a thread for cons to see if anyone wants to do a con meetup some time.

This is probably getting off topic since I guess this isn't "favorite anime" anymore. To put it back on topic I actually did watch Shinsekai Yori a while back and enjoyed it a lot, A+ anime rec from Luxaria.

19Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I'm in and around Ottawa, so I went to anime north in may which was a blast but was also so expensive. so expensive. I also want to cosplay henry from fire emblem awakening because murder wizard.

ohh! another good anime: Natsume youjinchou, aka Natsume's book of friend's. its a really really cute show that also has a decent amount of heart destroying and is very urban fantasy and has a cat so like 9/10 would recommend.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

20Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Ahh, I'm in California so Ottawa's a bit far. Hmmm... Maybe some year when I have enough vacation days saved up. Then again, I think Fanime and Anime North are at the same time so I wouldn't be able to make it anyway.

I started watching Natsume Yuujinchou with drandahl and we got like, a little bit into season 2 and haven't gotten around to finishing it. Really cute though.

Maybe we should make an official recs/reviews list at this point because this is becoming a normal conversation with arbitrary anime comments to keep a semblance of on-topicness and no one is going to read through all of this for anime recs.

21Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm down for a recommendations and reviews thread. I do that all day.

Hmm. In the meanwhile, I really adored Shirobako, which I finished not too long ago. Here's a slightly modified version of a review I posted to reddit.

I started Shirobako last week and though I still have a few episodes left in season two, it has been an utter delight the whole way through. I cannot get enough of this anime. Other than its meta commentary, and the revelations it brings with regards to anime production, the characters, their lives, and their interactions are just all so... real. I've been hungrily reading through discussion threads following each episode, and several comments have mentioned something I noticed mid-way through: All of the characters feel like their lives are actually happening.

I love those scenes where Aoi gets an email, text, or call from a friend or family member, and I love the glimpses into what other characters are doing, or seeing the characters move around their world and meet, chat, discuss, and conspire. The meetings don't feel forced. Everything feels fluid, like it's just a natural result of the characters needing or wanting this or that. This is aided by the brilliant clothing designs, in which every character has their own style and frequently and consistently changes outfits. Such a small detail like that adds a lot to the lives of each character, and I am very thankful for it.

I also appreciate the themes and mini-arcs revolving around various sets of characters, seamlessly woven into episodes that showcase a new facet of anime production. The situations are real and they get tense and hectic very quickly, but the characters respond without the ungainly exaggeration I've come to anticipate seeing in most anime.

I could ramble on about this show, but in the end I can say it is handily my second 10/10 anime. There's just something about it that resonates within me, and I both identify with it, its characters, and its story. I just really love this anime. I believe it deserves all the praise and recognition it has gotten from others, and so perhaps it's a bit of a low-hanging fruit to fawn over it so much, but I don't know anyone else to talk about it with. I did get a friend to start watching it, though, and I've even joined her in rewatching the first season. So that's a lot of fun!

I've since finished the show and I loved every moment. It had one episode that gave me the biggest emotional reaction I've ever experienced while watching anime. Really enjoyed it.

Otherwise, I guess a catch-all for "my favorites" would be listed on my anime list. I also am highly intrigued by Utena after my chat with Kiyoko yesterday. OwO

22Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:56 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

I just wanted to chime in that I loved Shirobako as well. It's such a wonderful, charming series. I found the first couple of episodes very slow but eventually I marathoned the whole thing.

23Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:34 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Has anyone here seen Snow White with Red Hair? I desperately need to talk to someone about how incredibly not-cissexual Obi is.

24Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I seen the first episode, but been meaning to watch more. That's the one a out the medicine girl attracting a prince because her long red hair? Then when she runs away, she cuts her hair and meets a blond?

25Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Lol, yup, that's the one.

26Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:27 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I only seen a couple of episodes but you can rant at me if you want.^_^

27Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 am

Entelechy

Entelechy

I've tried to write a rant, but it's just something I feel at such a soul level, I'm more still at the "point and scream" stage, than an "able to rant" stage : P

28Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Rasei

Rasei

It's not really an anime, but I been watching Miraculous Ladybug. It's pretty good.

29Favorite Animes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Animes Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

A friend of mine is really into that! Its on my list of things to check out! But first I need to watch Gatchaman Crowds season 2, as a trade with a friend for them watching Snow White with Red Hair, and then From the New World, at Lux's recommendation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum