Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recruiting: The Great CryWolf DungeonCrawl: Sleepover in Castle Evil!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Entelechy

Entelechy

Recruiting: The Great CryWolf DungeonCrawl: Sleepover in Castle Evil! DUNGEON%20CRAWL%20-%20Castle%20Evil_zpsaznvgldn

Prologue
Wow, you're house sure is big! It's a little spooky, though... Huh? What do you mean you thought this was my house? If its not my house... and its not your house, then house house are we sleeping over at!?!?

A group of friends decide to have a slumber party! But some of your friends are secretly Evil, and have lured you to Castle Evil for Evil purposes! Now its time to grab your pillows and loofahs, and fight your way to freedom and snacks!

Character
Name: [Any]
Species: [Any]
Level: 0
Class: None
Title: None
Pet: None
Head: [Hair][Optional]
Eyes: [Glasses][Cucumber][Optional]
Face: [face mask][Optional]
Neck: [Beard] [Optional]
Torso:  Pajama Tops with [Embarrassing Design]
Primary Hand: [Pillow, loofah, or similar]
Off Hand: [Nothing]
Rings: [Pillow, loofah, or similar]
Legs: Pajama Bottoms with [Embarrassing Design]
Feet: [Animal] Slippers

The Fickle Gods
Sometimes the gods turn they eyes onto a mortal for a brief period, bestowing unto them the power to perform fantastic feats such as "Protecting," "Stunning," or "Bussing." The full range of these special capabilities are known only to the gods themselves. Such powers last for a single chapter (full game).

Basic Moves

• Bop Monster! Bop a Monster and knock free some treasure for the party! Use at Night.
    Vote! Vote for a player to be slain (lynched)*! Use during Day.*All deceased are resurrected after the game ends

Experience
Gain...

• 1 Experience Point for Bopping a Monster!
  • 1 Experience Point for Voting!
  • 2 Experience Points for a Successful Night Slaying
  • 5 Experience Points for Each Evil Slain!

Treasure
Gain Treasure for the party by bopping Monsters at night! The higher your level and the better your gear, the more Treasure you knock free!

Some Monsters might Bop you back! Treasure will be automatically deducted from the party total to cover the cost of healing potions.

At the end of the Dungeon, final party Treasure is split between all players, even those who were Evil (Mafia) or Slain (NK'd or Lynched).

Merchants
These merchant folks sure do love wandering around terrible places! Exchange Treasure for clothing, titles, pets, and other cool gear! You won't find them every day, but there will always be a couple wandering about every dungeon. And guess what! They'll even sell to the dead! They'll take anyone's money!

Rules

• Mafia wins when their number is greater than or equal to that of town
  • Unlimited vote changes
  • No Vote and No Lynch are both valid votes (and still earn XP!)
  • Claiming is allowed, but no quoting or screencapping your role PM
  • Please don't talk to players outside of thread, unless you are mafia
  • There will be no revival roles, so you may talk outside the thread if dead.
  • Rollover is at 23:00 EST.
  • Characters will retain all Treasure, Experience, Gear, etc earned to use in other Chapters (future minigames). Characters will not retain any powers from the fickle gods (roles), or alignment from previous games.

Stone texture courtesy of www.myfreetextures.com

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for a week. =( So, unless thisstarts up inaweek or so, I won't have the time to play.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Well, apparently most people are away at cons this weekend, so we might still be recruiting in a week!

Cure

Cure

I honestly think you should rehaul the entire premise and reopen this game at a later date. The way it is now, I don't think anyone will want to play because it'll be impossible to balance.

Also, any setup(s) where people who live longer or play more games are rewarded for doing so are hard to balance. It's not fair if someone consistently dies early and doesn't get any money/gear/whatever and is thus underpowered in later games compared to players who live longer or play more frequently.

I think it's admirable that you want to run unique and interesting setups, but I think you should try hosting a more standard game (preferably with a co-host) first.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Cure wrote:I honestly think you should rehaul the entire premise and reopen this game at a later date. The way it is now, I don't think anyone will want to play because it'll be impossible to balance.

Also, any setup(s) where people who live longer or play more games are rewarded for doing so are hard to balance. It's not fair if someone consistently dies early and doesn't get any money/gear/whatever and is thus underpowered in later games compared to players who live longer or play more frequently.

I think it's admirable that you want to run unique and interesting setups, but I think you should try hosting a more standard game (preferably with a co-host) first.

I think I need to clarify.

Its a completely standard game, nothing fancy, with a Treasure/XP mini-game added on, that only affects itself. Treasure/XP does not affect roles or mafia-useful powers in any way. Said mini-game is purely co-op and designed to scale so that people joining later catch up quickly, and Treasure is not affected by when you die, and XP barely is.

So its a completely normal, standard game from a Mafia-mechanics standpoint.

Cure

Cure

Okay, but if all of that is flavor and has no impact on the game at all, why have it? It needlessly complicates things and makes it confusing for players (and likely yourself). There's no real incentive for players to do the flavor parts if they... don't have anything to do with the game itself. You yourself do not participate in Flavor Exclusive aspects of mafia games (you didn't do any of the quirks in Lux's vanilla game, and you didn't even make a character avatar in Gerry's), so what makes you think anyone will enjoy them here. Would you enjoy playing this game? If not, why do you want to run a game you wouldn't want to play?

I still think you should probably cut out all the "minigame" bits regardless, get yourself a co-host, and see how running the base game goes for you. Your previous games were honestly not that balanced, and I'm sure a lot of people will be wary of joining another game unless the roles are open (which they don't appear to be) so everyone can make sure it's balanced.

Run a completely generic mafia game before you try to dress it up.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Making even vaguely humanoid avatars for myself actually gives me anxiety attacks, which is why I didn't do it? I made a a few of attempts but got completely overwhelmed each time : P The avatar I have now even makes me kinda uncomfortable : P I have been meaning to change it. And Lux's game was just bad timing for me in terms of business/anxiety and some of the quirks really badly impacting my ability to read the posts.

Anyway! My own lack of involvement in flavour heavy aspects doesn't mean I don't want to participate or don't think its a great idea, and flavour as a player and as someone running a game are two entirely different things. And, yes, I would love to play in this game (as long I wasn't making pixel avatars for myself : P I'm fine doing it for other people. )

Anyway. I am using one of the thoroughly tested mafia set ups from the wiki. So I am not balancing that myself (And well I freely admit my Avatar UPICK was borked balanced-wise, I will stand behind Katabasis being solid).

Cure

Cure

Okay, I'm going to have to stop you right there. That game was a clusterfuck. While it might have had some semblance of balance when you first drafted it up, you cut a lot of the content mid-game without any sort of damage control that heavily screwed over one team.

I read that game. Everyone was confused. Everyone was frustrated, I don't think a single person has told me that they genuinely had fun or enjoyed playing that game. They were all stressed out, frustrated, or confused by the mechanics.

The fact the the first game you hosted was so overdone and needlessly complex was the reason only six or so people signed up for avatar mafia. The first game was such a disaster that no one trusted your ability to host a second game. The second game was an even bigger disaster, which is why you have not had a single person sign up for this game. I've had multiple people tell me that they're reluctant to sign up for future games of yours because you do not have a good track record as a host on this forum.

This is why I emphasize that you need a co-host and need to cut the unnecessary flavor. Prove to us that you can host a perfectly normal game that goes well without any gimmick to it, and we'll start playing your games again.

Rasei

Rasei

Name: Lillianna Glorystone
Species: Human
Class: None [Cleric?]
Head: Hair- Brown, down to waist, but tied up in two buns
Eyes: [None][Cucumber][Green]
Face: None
Neck: None
Torso:  Pajama Tops with several wheat stalks.
Primary Hand: a pillow mace
Off Hand: [Nothing]
Rings: none?
Legs: Pajama Bottoms with several wheat stalks.
Feet: [Wheat?] Slippers

To be truthful, Avatar UPick was horrible. But there were moments in the other I had sort had fun. Yes, I'm putting up a character and it is an interesting take on a game and I meant to yesterday. (In fact I had the character done mostly yesterday and haven't been able to read all the new messages since that last post.)

ezzelin

ezzelin

reporting for duty!

Name: Aki
Species: human with a bad case of chuunibyou
Class: None
Head: dark blue hair; yellow hairclips
Eyes: indigo; reading glasses
Face: mole under right eye
Neck: /
Torso: pajama tops with creepy purple octopuses
Primary Hand: half-read book
Off Hand: /
Rings: /
Legs: pajama bottoms with more creepy purple octopuses
Feet: lion slippers

let me know if any of this doesn't work!

I can't guarantee being able to commit heavily to this game, seeing as the main round is starting soon, but I'll try.
I'll also say this - while I am signing up, I'd be much more comfortable if roles were fully open ; v;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum