Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4

+10
Rasei
drandahl
ezzelin
Aeiou
high seraph
Ninfia
Mr. Alice
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Entelechy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 41]

Aeiou

Aeiou

Lux warned us last time. I have no reason to believe she wouldn't this time?? 
Also if town did the thing with the task then I think they'd mention it to us... I'd hope...
Also can we investigate me instead of Lynch plz weh

nautilus

nautilus

Okay, so:

Before gamestart (like, before signups closed, before this game got underway) Ducky and I were talking about the game and there was discussion about potentially introducing a mechanic in which a town member would "swing" to mafia on a later night, so this could be what happened (i.e. a preset, unknown event that none of us were aware of until now, or something along the lines of rooms exploding idk)

I feel like Ducky would probably tell us at the beginning of the game if this was a thing though so this is probably a complete shot in the dark, but if this is actually an option that is ... on the table. I have no idea if Ducky can confirm Random Conversions aren't actually a thing, though

The only other options that I can think of is that someone decided to bail from a room for whatever reason last night, but I'll also assert like Kiyoko that I did the thing

e: to reply to drandahl --

Also, would Lux warn us? If she honestly thought she might get converted, wouldn't it be in her best interest to prepare for that case?

If nobody was converted, there would be no need to justify her actions.
If she flipped, she'd need to be careful not to incriminate herself.

wrench in this plan is that Lux explicitly said she got the item from the brig and used it on herself, and therefore:

a) given her impassioned feelings towards the mafia I doubt she would deliberately peel away from the rest of the town if she was lying about it and open herself up for conversion

b) if she wasn't lying then if she were targeted she would be Dead

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm just not posting in this thread for a while because I am so legitimately upset at whomever deviated. Like, I even want to just ditch Literary maf at this point, that's how irritated I am.

I didn't lie about the Brig; I did target myself with the tag. I decided to stay in the Med Bay to guarantee it would go off. I posted my reasoning prior to rollover: I tried to put as much mafia as I could see at the time of posting it (4:50 AM my time) in Med Bay to prevent their movements. If I was going to bail, I would have said so at :59 like Mitsu mentioned. Someone decided to leave their room for whatever idiotic reason and here we are.

I'm out for now. I am so tired of this happening every game.

Aeiou

Aeiou

With that theory if people converting later the only other shit/night would've been the second and their NK target would've been alone in order to convert so I think that's reaching

nautilus

nautilus

Okay nevermind I got confirmation from the host that that isn't a thing so weird random conversions cannot happen. So someone bailed on the plan and now we'e 6:3 and maybe the mafia have a flamethrower, I don't know

Honestly if I were to talk about who would be most likely to be chaotic neutral and ditch a plan if they were town I would say it would be Tiki, but I am unsure whether or not Tiki would be an optimal target for a conversion or a kill

For what it's worth if Aeiou was originally town before tonight then I don't think they're the convert because peeling away from a plan when the entire thread is suspicious of you seems like a really bad idea in the long run

Rasei

Rasei

I'm going to do what was suggested earlier and med bay vote: Rasei; vote: Aeiou. I know I'm town and Aeiou is the person I suspect the most.

Entelechy

Entelechy

n☆util☆s wrote:Okay, so:

Before gamestart (like, before signups closed, before this game got underway) Ducky and I were talking about the game and there was discussion about potentially introducing a mechanic in which a town member would "swing" to mafia on a later night, so this could be what happened (i.e. a preset, unknown event that none of us were aware of until now, or something along the lines of rooms exploding idk)

Initially I was really worried that two mafia would not be enough, so I was considering a N3 scripted conversion to give the mafia a fighting chance, however it was immediately apparent that this would not be necessary once the game began, and the idea was abandoned.

nautilus

nautilus

K SO

Given that Lux has checked out of thread, as your appointed Person With A Gun who can break ship task ties, if there's a vote split in the med bay I will break it. With my gun. I will shoot at whoever made the tie and make them change their vote I don't think that's how that works.

Engineering - Ship task
Mitsu
Kiyoko
drandahl
alcasync
Tiki the Troll

Med Bay - Ship task
Luxaria
Aeiou
Rasei
ezzelin

With the groups topped like this (5-4), there's no way we can accurately determine who fucked off and became the new convert because both ship tasks went off, which implies either there were 1 or 3+ in each room, and -1 from either room is still 4/3 and enough for the tasks to work. With two mafia at the start of N2, the only thing we can confirm at this point is that the two mafia were not assigned to the Med Bay and fucked off from it.

I'm picturing Explore Eng N0. To either block town, or have a chance at misleading town. Or, the original N0 convert was a lone town who explored Eng N0.

... I'm... very confused by your statement, though. I think your argument is that you're implying that it's possible a mafia member had explored engineering N0 and persuaded a town not to go there (or towns), but I feel like if someone was receiving messages from an unknown source in this game they would probably mention it in thread. Furthermore, no one claimed Engineering at all the last few nights, so it's immediately suspect if someone can use that role because it implies that they lied about their claim in-thread. Finally, it's confirmed in-thread if the ship task in engineering is done, so despite all of this the only way mafia could've persuaded people to not go to engineering is that they positioned the danger of getting items as being more important than engineering, but given the fact that the game seemed very centered on this plan I dunno, man

Host: Are engineering messages anonymous?

Last edited by n☆util☆s on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rasei

Rasei

Rasei wrote:Have you ever felt like a chess piece that someone else is controlling? Wondering if you are the next one to be killed off for another person's entertainment.

I hate just blindly following someone else's plans. It had blown up in my face before, but because Lux is so cute I will follow her to the end of the world.

Well, until the end of the game.

I'm still on my phone waiting for my meeting to start in about an hour. But after I sleep tonight I will do an in depth post tomorrow morning. I'm apologizing again for how I acted when I was drunk, and for posting in the 45 minutes on that day I works a double and not having internet when I was at the Ren Faire celebrating my older sister's birthday (Poor Sammy lives in a different state and couldn't go.)

alcasync

alcasync

lynch vote: Aeiou

I would rather use the med bay to clear a strong player than use it on someone we suspect, because if that player that we suspected anyway turns out to be maf after all, it means they were able to stall for a phase. Sorry Aeiou! ;v;

Umm! I also stayed in the engineering room and did the ship task. I think the most likely scenario is that a town wandered off and happened to get targeted. Due to the success of the armory task last phase, I'm actually not inclined to believe that drandahl or Kiyoko were the ones who wandered off. I feel like Rasei or Tiki might be the type to but I agree that they're not very good NK targets.

Um, I will also admit that my gut reaction was that Luxaria went off again and got converted, since it made sense to me that mafia would try to NK the cleared player, but since she didn't make the :59 post, and because she seems so genuinely upset right now, I don't really think it was Luxaria after all.

I need to go eat dinner so I will be gone for a while but I will come back to place a med bay vote after we've had more discussion!

Rasei

Rasei

Also got ninjed. Either Aeioi or Ezz or both stayed in the med bay with me and Lux. For now I'm doubting the people in the engineering room

Entelechy

Entelechy

n☆util☆s wrote:K SO

Host: Are engineering messages anonymous?

No. Private, but not anonymous.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Rasei wrote:
Rasei wrote:Have you ever felt like a chess piece that someone else is controlling? Wondering if you are the next one to be killed off for another person's entertainment.

I hate just blindly following someone else's plans. It had blown up in my face before, but because Lux is so cute I will follow her to the end of the world.

Well, until the end of the game.

k so is anyone else going to comment on Rasei basically admitting that she was wary of the plan and is not usually the type to follow other peoples' plans?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

drandahl

drandahl

n☆util☆s wrote:wrench in this plan is that Lux explicitly said she got the item from the brig and used it on herself, and therefore:

a) given her impassioned feelings towards the mafia I doubt she would deliberately peel away from the rest of the town if she was lying about it and open herself up for conversion

b) if she wasn't lying then if she were targeted she would be Dead  

Right. I'm holding out the small possibility that she represented going to the Brig and using the role on herself in order to discourage mafia from targeting her, while in actuality went somewhere else. I really have to wonder if Lux would be this risk-seeking (I don't think so?), but if she's willing to lie about sticking to her plan in the first place, any amount of lying would be washed away in the long run if she's a mechanic-confirmed town.

I'm just judging this against other explanations:
* I see it as particularly unlikely for mafia to "get lucky" and happen to target a hooky-player. Maybe more likely if they targeted a player with a higher propensity of being risk-seeking/random (Rasei, Tiki).
* I see it slightly more likely if Mafia got ahold of a radio and coordinated a transfer (maybe by Lucas, during the lynch on him, since they already had lost their chances?). I could picture a somewhat persuasive argument by maf ("Hey, grab the flamethrower, we'll make alignment 6:3 and have some fun. Spec will be a little reset if you join. We'll kill you either way.")
*Gauging the likeliness of Lux being risky is complicated, but for now at least I'm not willing to make voting decisions based on it. Just enumerating feasible possibilities here.

EDIT: Snaked by Kiyo. Yeah, I'm including Rasei as a potential NK target.

Rasei

Rasei

The last time i followed a plan, Alpaca was mafia and lead on a chase. The time before that, we hanged on to every word Kiyoko was saying and she was mafia. I have proof

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum