Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Camp Pymatuning

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Camp Pymatuning Empty Camp Pymatuning Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

“Welcome, campers!” You look up from your feet and see a counselor on top of the camp stage. Behind him sit 9 others, looking out with bored expressions. “It’s going to be a great week here at Camp Pymatuning! That’s an old Native American who lived here long ago. It was said he was quite deceitful.”
…was that a smirk?
“Anyways, head on off to your cabins to get settled in! You’re all going to love this place! Oh, and remember! No swimming in the lake unaccompanied! You don’t want Pymatuning to get you!”

Your cabin is small and dirty. Why your parents sent you here you’ll never really know. You don’t need to ‘adjust socially’ and ‘stop being such a shut in with those video games, Michael, you need to get outside’. You’re totally not bitter.
A tall boy takes the top bunk above you and you listen to the bed creak. What a way to die…
“Hey! My name is Gary, what’s yours?”
“…Michael.”
“Michael huh? Mind if I call you Mikey? Nice t’ meet ya! Say, did you know this camp is haunted?”
“Oi lay off with that haunted malarkey. That’s just what the teenage counselors want you to think. There ain’t no such thing as ghosts.”
THUD. Gary jumps off the top bunk and gets up close with the disbeliever. You can’t believe you’re going to have to watch a fight within your first 2 hours in this misery.
“It is too haunted! I heard kids are disappearin’ at night into that lake, never to be seen again! Our parents are tryin’ to get rid of us by sending us here! You’ll see! You’ll all see!”
The other boy in the cabin watches with a bemused expression. You can’t help but think Gary has to be crazy. After all… your parents would never send you somewhere dangerous… right?
The wind howls outside, sounding faintly like laughter.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

2Camp Pymatuning Empty Re: Camp Pymatuning Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

CAMPERS (TOWN):
Michael: All you wanted to do was spend a summer watching TV and playing games, not in this haunted camp! Oh boy, just try and lay low, okay? Under investigation, you will appear mafia.
Gary: You know this camp is haunted, you don’t care what anyone else has to say about that! You’re going to take matters into your own hands and get out of here alive! Every other night you can kill a player of your choice.
Logan: You really don’t believe the camp is haunted. It’s just a myth! But you hate seeing your friends scared. Every night, you can protect a player of your choice (can be consecutive and can be yourself).
Richard: You’re quiet and prefer to watch what’s going on. That’s why every night you can investigate a player of your choice and find out who they are.

COUNSELORS (MAFIA):
Head counselor (Bradley): You’re the head honcho here. You make the decisions. That’s why your vote during the day phase counts as 2 and you can break any tie during night voting.
Counselor 2 (Daniel): Man, what did you get yourself into? All you wanted was to help kids now you’re in this weird sacrificial cult. Every night you can stun a player to try and work things out.
Counselor 3 (Stacey): Like oh my god there is so much else you’d rather be doing right now. Like making out with Bradley~ But that will have to wait. There’s these little twerps around you have to deal with. You can investigate a player each night and find out their alignment.
Counselor 4 (Linda): You love helping people, it’s what you do. It’s kind of hard to do that here, what with all the DEATH and everything, but you make do. You won’t let anyone hurt your counselors! Every night you can protect a player.
Counselors 5-10: You guys are just kind of generic camp counselors. Completely vanilla, but that’s okay.

SPIRITS (NEUTRAL):
Pymatuning: The spirits are not something to mess with. Hasn’t your mother ever taught you to not speak ill of the dead? You cannot be lynched or killed at night. Your purpose is to find all the campers and protect them from the evil being done in your name (1 protection per night). You win if all four survive until the end of the game.

3Camp Pymatuning Empty Re: Camp Pymatuning Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

As you can see, this will be a reverse mafia game. That means the town will be in alliance and the mafia will be in the dark. Each night phase, all members of the mafia will send me a PM on who they want to kill. The player with the most votes will die. If there is a tie, Bradley will be PM'd to break it unless the tie involves who they voted for. Then that player will be the chosen one.

There will be no soft or hard claiming allowed.

4Camp Pymatuning Empty Re: Camp Pymatuning Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yesss, reverse maf!

Could you perhaps write up super specific rules for what constitutes a claim (even a soft claim)? I know people got a bit touchy over the room claiming rule in nautilus's game, so I'd just like to be as clear as possible here.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

5Camp Pymatuning Empty Re: Camp Pymatuning Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

Yeah. Okay so, if you're detective and you wanna vote for someone? "I have a hunch" = okay. "Just trust me, you'll see." not okay. Leading people to believe you're X role is not cool. If you have to BS overanalyzing their posts, do it, but don't make people think you're a power role. Or saying "I didn't do XYZ last night" isn't okay either because there are some vanilla players. Giving any leads that you are a power player, or even that you're pure vanilla is not okay. I know it's hard, we all slip up sometimes, but in a reverse mafia it's INCREDIBLY important to avoid claims for town's sake. I'll come up with a punishment (and I'll give warnings over PM if I feel someone is getting close to the fine line) for breaking that rule to incentivize not claiming.

Also no claiming who you sent in the NK on in thread, I remember that from one reverse mafia and it really hurt town.

Still working on balancing, originally I was looking at 6 town vs 14 mafia vs 1 neutral but this is not vdex we do not have that many people anymore. So scaled to 4:10:1 seems reasonable. I was thinking of adding another power role to mafia, but I don't want it to be too OP with how many players there will be.

6Camp Pymatuning Empty Re: Camp Pymatuning Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Hmm, okay. So basically just everyone needs to pretend to be vanilla.

I actually have no idea how to balance a reverse maf game. The best advice I can give you is to just run simulations, but you're an experienced enough host (especially with reverse maf games) that I trust your judgment.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum