Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 66]

106welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:12 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

nautilus wrote:
Room #7 [Kiyoko-senpai Please Notice Me] was locked!

nautilus wrote:
Room #7

nautilus wrote:
Kiyoko-senpai

WHICH ONE OF YOU WAS THIS.

Spec post incoming after I ask nautilus some questions.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

107welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

it wasn't me, but will you notice me anyway Kiyoko sempai...?

Also, it's good there wasn't a town kill tonight, but that trap is worrisome. hopefully no one will get swept up in it :(

hmm, I must be a little rusty because I'm having a hard time coming up with things to speculate on. not that we really got a lot of information in that. I guess so far we know that room 7 had two people in it at the moment and we have a trap in play rather than a town kill. /casually states the obvious.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

108welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:22 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Actually, and spec post still incoming later.

According to nautilus, if the kill that failed was a mafia NK, that means that there was also no trap laid.

Q: Does kill attempt on a room failing mean no trap was laid?
A: If it was the mafia night kill, yes <o><o>

I'll notice all of my kouhai.

This game is making me late for work, gonna dash.

109welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:23 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

:O oohhh doof wow that was obvious. I'm certainly off to the races on this one.

Oh! Oh, I guess that means an attempt was made on room seven, and that there were two people in there so the kill wasn't made?

110welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Well, that was a creepy rollover. It's a mad house, a mad house!
I should fit right in.

Also, locked room, something that restricts movement and limits choices, I'm guessing. Doesn't sound very Town to me, though that's just my assumption based on the wording (unless it's someone locking themselves in?).

111welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:38 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Locked rooms could work like a jailer role, where players are protected but also unable to act. I wonder how long it lasts?

Will try to speculate more when I wake up because this forum hates my iTouch

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

112welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:46 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

Interesting. So there is a way to nullify mafia kills (I was assuming that that would be, eh, a rarer option due to the amount of players/amount of rooms). Good for us, but with so many rooms/players it doesn't leave much for speculation outside of...

We can't plot future movement in thread, right? But can we talk about where we were the night before or what we may know of rooms the prior night? Obviously there will be mafia lying when there are 9 more rooms than players active but it gives us a chance to figure things out.

As to a locked room, I assume it might act as a way of narrowing rooms. If the door is locked (we don't know the permanence of this action), it gives us all one less room to enter and hide. Locking seems to be a mafia ability IMO because it limits town's ability to spread out.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

113welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:49 am

eleni

eleni

HI sneaking online during work

yay for no NK! unfortunately rollover hasn't given us much to speculate on, though I think that locking could be either a town or maf role? since it sounds like it could either be protection/jailing, or maybe it simply doesn't let whoever is in the room from the night before move

edit oh or someone can use it to move to a room and then lock it so that no one else can come in? idk

Last edited by eleni on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

114welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

hmmm, well, depending on the priority of the action, the jailer could either end up just leaving us with fewer rooms to spread out in or keep the people inside it safe. like, if there's no one in the room then it increases the likelihood of doubling up. I don't think it sounds like a mafia ability tbh because there is a lot more safety in doubling up from a town perspective.

and I think that's allowed?

115welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:13 am

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

To me, the locked room seems to be more of a town thing over a mafia thing, personally. I imagine it's a bit like a jailer, or possibly a hider? The locked room makes me think of hiders for some reason.

And thank goodness the NK failed. (At least, I presume it was the NK.) I imagine either there was too many people in the room or they chose a empty room. Or it was on room seven and the locked door prevented them, maybe? Hmm....

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

116welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:20 am

alcasync

alcasync

Sammiya wrote:imagine either there was too many people in the room or they chose a empty room. Or it was on room seven and the locked door prevented them, maybe? Hmm....

If they chose an empty room, they would lay a trap instead, and according to Kiyoko's post a kill failing also means no trap. So I agree that either mafia targeted a room with two players, or else they targeted the locked room. I also agree that the locked room sounds like a jail or hide of some kind.

Umm I might have more information for the thread later, I'm waiting on nautilus to answer some of my questions!

Also reminder that we only have one vote change I think.

117welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Ugggh I need to start waking up two hours earlier.

Drowsy thoughts:

1) If I recall correctly, the kill failing doesn't mean it was sent in to Room 7, since it'd say that if it targeted a room with two town in it?

2) The locked room strikes me as a town role, as in a town probably has the jailer-esque mechanic attached to their room movement, much like how mafia has the NK tied to their room movement. The idea of someone locking people in from the outside is interesting, though?

3) Does a NK on an empty room result in there being a trap without it being announced to the thread? Like, if mafia went into Room 99 on N0 and they set a trap, would rollover say something like, "A trap has been set"? If not, then I guess that does narrow the NK down to either being on R7 or another room with two town in it?

re: Limited votes, oof this is going to be rough. I got spoiled in recent games.

I'll post more when I'm actually awake. ._.

118welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:27 am

nautilus

nautilus

I have a ton of PMs in my inbox so I'll get to those after I check in here, buuut:

We can't plot future movement in thread, right? But can we talk about where we were the night before or what we may know of rooms the prior night? Obviously there will be mafia lying when there are 9 more rooms than players active but it gives us a chance to figure things out.

According to He With The Green Icon That Has Red Eyes, you are allowed to speculate about what may have happened in rooms during the night previous.

I was on the fence about outright claiming rooms (see my response to T3tsuya earlier) that you were in the previous nights, but I spoke with my co-balancer and he generally seems to think there's no issue with it so I guess it's kind of like. There's no rule against it and it isn't as monumentally game-breaking as plotting future movement so /SHRUGS

Really it's the whole plotting future movement thing that isn't allowed.

Annd the other question that's latent that I'll answer in-thread:

Does a NK on an empty room result in there being a trap without it being announced to the thread?

Traps being laid wouldn't be mentioned in-thread. Mafia will be notified if a trap was laid, but it won't be sent out to the entire thread.

119welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

k

So little bit of info, I was alone in 27 and there was no one in 26 last night.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

120welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 8 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

YOO KOTAKIA DID YOU LIKE MY ROOM NAME

Okay so. The way I see it, regardless of whether mafia targeted room 7 or some other room with two players in it last night, that doesn't give us any information about who mafia might be. So any information that we're getting this phase outside of the lack of NK and presence of a locking role is going to be coming from other players a la Kotakia's recent post.

I don't want to play a waiting game where everyone sits back and waits for other players to share information to the thread, because we're all in different timezones and in past games on this forum, waiting for other people to share information never quite pans out.

So here's a summary of what we know so far:

• There is a role that locks doors or something along those lines.
  • Room 7 was locked last night (and may or may not still be locked).
  • Mafia (presumably) either targeted the locked room, or they targeted a room with two players in it. In any case, no one died.
  • Kotakia was alone in room 27.
  • Nobody was in room 26.

If we're punting information out there, I'd like to add that I shared a lovely romantic evening with Ardonye last night and that I'm not inclined to vote for her today.

Am I missing anything?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum