Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX

+8
kalyri
Rasei
drandahl
Luxaria
Sammiya
Megrid
Pan
Kiyoko
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 26]

1Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:43 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX 2qd0vhz

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉

I came because there was nowhere left to go. I remember standing in the lamplit streets
and staring up at the eternal night sky. I watched as the stars winked out one by one, like
somebody blowing out candles. One of them was mine. There was nothing I could do but
stare as my bright, glowing star of a home was extinguished. I remember thinking that it
ought to have felt like something, watching one's home disappear forever. I felt nothing,
but maybe it was because I was already too empty to feel.

Traverse Town has been my home since then, and it has been good to me. I've grown used
to the cobblestone streets and the sardined buildings. I've grown used to a sky where the
sun never rises. I've even grown used to watching the stars die away, a handful each night.
I don't want to think about what happens when the last star is gone.

The feather appeared one day, out of the blue. That was nothing new, of course; things ap-
pear here all the time. This feather was special, though. The day that it appeared, falling from
the sky like a shooting star, all the Heartless vanished. I shouldn't say vanished. More like
melted away. I haven't seen one since.

With this kind of power, it's no wonder everyone wants it. People have been whispering in the
streets about what they would do if they had the feather. They could protect themselves from
the Heartless. They could protect others. Some, who are stranded here, believe this feather is
the key to their way home.

But then, who would protect Traverse Town? It's not where I was born, but it's become like a
home to me. It took me in when there was nowhere else to go, and it took in all these others
as well. I refuse to let anyone take this protection away.

I've hidden the feather somewhere no one will find it, and I will protect it with my life. I won't
be alone, though. I have friends who agree, and want to protect their new hometown as much
as I do. We'll all work together to keep this feather safe. We'll have to keep our identities sec-
ret, so that we don't get attacked. I believe in myself, though, and I believe in my friends.

We'll protect the feather no matter what.

Last edited by alcasync on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:32 pm; edited 10 times in total

alcasync

alcasync

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ SETTING AND PLOT

[ traverse town ]
Spoiler:

[ the feather ]
Spoiler:

[ town ]
Spoiler:

[ mafia ]
Spoiler:

alcasync

alcasync

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ MECHANICS

[ set-up ]

This is a UPICK MAFIA MINIGAME where you ROLEPLAY as the character you choose! Since this is a roleplaying game, the roles will of course be open, though the abilities will be kept secret. Details on how to actually write your in-character posts are written below.

NIGHT PHASES will last 24 hours, like a normal game, however DAY PHASES will last until there is a MAJORITY CONSENSUS (at least half of the players vote for the same person). This is because roleplaying will make day phases take a little longer than usual, and I want to give everyone a chance to post. If this ends up not working out, then we can come up with some other system for day phases.

Night 0 will have NO DEATHS (including vig kills), so that everyone has a chance to rp before anyone gets killed.

[ role-playing ]

The basic setting is that your character has been somehow displaced from their original world and are now living in a place called TRAVERSE TOWN, where all displaced people find themselves ending up (more details in the setting post above!). Suddenly, this magical FEATHER shows up which has the power to change your character's situation. Though these are based off Kingdom Hearts and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle respectively, no knowledge of either series is required for this game! I just wanted to pick elements from series known for crossovers.

The displaced citizens (TOWN) will be trying to uncover the location of the feather by trying to draw out one of the feather's guardians (MAFIA), and the group of friends guarding the feather will be trying to eliminate the threat of town by chasing one person out of town each night. Since it's always night in Traverse Town, they go by clock time rather than there being an actual "day."

So basically, you're just roleplaying a character, but your character just so happens to be in a situation that sounds a lot like a mafia game!

ROLLOVER will have flavor to give people some direction for their posts, providing reasons for the characters to be voting or sending in night actions and whatnot. I-I would really prefer if there was continuity so for example, if your character gets cut off by rollover in the middle of a conversation, and rollover involves everyone going home and then coming back the next day, please finish up the conversation in a flashback if you feel like it instead of just acting like none of the events in rollover happened at all and continuing like usual. Sorry, I know this is an awkward request... /)n(\

Since mafia is trying not to get found out, any roleplay posts from a mafia player should be written AS IF THEIR CHARACTER IS TOWN. (For example, please don't have your character think something like "I need to protect the feather!" because then it gives away the answer to the other players, even if the other characters can't read minds.)

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM METAGAMING as much as possible (your character shouldn't be able to use knowledge from out-of-character situations, so for example if you're roleplaying Mario, just because you know Sailor Moon's entire backstory doesn't mean Mario does!) There are exceptions, like if your character is Sherlock Holmes or an actual mind reader, but please don't go overboard.

Additionally, please try to KEEP OUT-OF-CHARACTER COMMENTS TO A MINIMUM and clearly denote them, for example by using parentheses or changing the font size. ((OOC: Here's an example!)) OOC comments are fine to explain your posts or comment on what's going on, but please don't use OOC comments to speculate!

[ role-play post format ]

Format is third person paragraph form.

There's going to be NO WORD LIMIT, though. I want people to be able to write long posts for fun, but also allow short posts for when they're running out of time.

[ tl;dr ]

No please do read the above! It contains important information! But here is a SUMMARY anyways, s-since I know I ramble a lot.

❧ Sign up with a character
    ❧ Open characters, but closed roles
    ❧ Night phases are 24 hours long
    ❧ Day phases last until the majority agrees on who to lynch
    ❧ No deaths on N0
    ❧ Post in character according to the setting provided, please!
    ❧ Mafia should try to hide that they're mafia, even in descriptions or OOC comments
    ❧ Try not to metagame
    ❧ Keep OOC comments to a minimum

alcasync

alcasync

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ RULES

[ game rules ]

NO PM ALLIANCES outside of the mafia.
    ❧ There are UNLIMITED VOTE CHANGES.
    ❧ Ghosts can comment OOC but they shouldn't speculate or continue roleplaying.
    ❧ Please do not spam!
    ❧ You must make at least ONE IN-CHARACTER POST EVERY 24 HOURS! This is to keep the thread going, especially during the day phases. A short post is fine. If you're busy with other things or not feeling well please do let me know in advance or post OOC in thread or something!
    ❧ Please BE RESPECTFUL to other players!
    ❧ All the other usual rules apply.

[ roleplay rules ]

❧ Try not to take IC things too seriously! If someone doesn't like your character, it doesn't mean they don't like you! If there's any OOC drama, please PM me so we can work it out outside of thread! IC drama is fine of course, as long as everyone knows it's just pretend.
    NO GODMODING. This means that you can only play your own character and you can't control other peoples' characters.
    NO METAGAMING. This means don't have your character use information that they haven't learned or figured out in-character.
    ❧ Please try to keep your posts generally ON TASK! It's fine to have a little friendship subplot, but remember that there is a mafia game going on.
    ❧ In general, I'm not going to be very strict about roleplaying since the point is just to have fun! But if anything anyone else is doing bothers you, please PM me. I can always add rules as necessary.

[ character guidelines ]

FICTIONAL CHARACTERS only! No original characters or real people, please.
    MULTIPLE CHARACTERS FROM THE SAME SERIES ARE ALLOWED, by popular demand, apparently!
    ❧ Please try to choose a character that is CAPABLE OF COMMUNICATING with others and voting/speculating, please! Don't pick a pokemon and then just spend the entire game going "Pika pikachu!" unless... you have a talking pikachu or something...
    ❧ Your information can have spoilers, but please try not to have a spoiler in your choice. Like umm, for example, if a character gets their arm cut off during a series and this is a big spoiler, please try to roleplay the character with two arms instead of the arm-cut-off version. D-does that make sense? omo I just don't want to ruin series by accident for other players. If you're not sure what's okay, you can PM me!

[ how to sign up ]

❧ Instead of PMing me, please POST YOUR CHARACTER CHOICE IN THREAD! Include a link to INFORMATION about them, please! (If your link has spoilers, also include a SPOILER WARNING just in case other people haven't finished the series yet but want to). Feel free to include your own information or pictures or anything else, as well!
    ❧ If you want to sign up but you HAVEN'T DECIDED on a character yet, that's okay! Just post saying you want to sign up and then post again with your character choice later when you've decided.
    ❧ If you want to sign up as an ALTERNATE, please include a character choice anyways? I'd rather swap out characters than make someone roleplay a character they're not as familiar with.

alcasync

alcasync

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ ROSTER

KIYOKO | Carlos the Scientist from Welcome to Night Vale
PANPANPANDY | Amethyst from Steven Universe
KALYRI | Pearl from Steven Universe
SAMMIYA | Soren from Fire Emblem PoR/RD
LUXARIA | Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
DRANDAHL | Cecil Palmer from Welcome to Night Vale
RASEI | Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss
TIKI THE TROLL | Amumu from League of Legends
ALICEOFOZ | Kyouko Sakura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ ALTERNATES

MEGRID | Pikachu from Pokemon

Last edited by alcasync on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 14 times in total

alcasync

alcasync

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ SIGNUPS ARE OPEN

I'm told people want me to host a roleplaying game again, so I just copied and pasted the setup from vdex. If anything doesn't make sense, let me know because I may have just copy and pasted things wrong.

Umm relevant changes from the previous version. Multiple characters from the same series are allowed this time around, because I heard someone requested it. Also I'm not really doing rollover flavor anymore because I didn't really know what to do with it last time.

And for anyone who wants an example of how this setup works, here is the thread for the last time we ran this game.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

FIRST. Still discussing character choices but yes playing.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

alcasync

alcasync

Oh also sign ups will go for a few days. At the very least I won't start it until Red Riding Hood mafia is done.

Pan

Pan

I'M HERE I'M AMETHYST FROM STEVEN UNIVERSE FIGHT ME

(requesting a hold for pearl from steven universe for my girlfriend whO MIGHT NOT BE A MEMBER HERE YET I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE I'LL. I. UM. SHE... WILL... BE...)

EDIT: THANK YOU FOR MULTIPLE CHARACTERS FROM THE SAME WORLDS ILY YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL

http://malafight.tumblr.com

10Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

❧ Please try to choose a character that is CAPABLE OF COMMUNICATING with others and voting/speculating, please! Don't pick a pokemon and then just spend the entire game going "Pika pikachu!" unless... you have a talking pikachu or something...

...Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Trollin  I'll bite I guess. And I'll go with Pikachu.

Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Pikachu_loveeesss_ketchup_by_minjixmuu_chan-d3hq4gg

Oooo but not just any pikachu. He'll be talking, he'll be cute, and he'll come pre-packed with his own little thinking cap.

Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tumblr_mce9wiK3J51rd1yqso1_400

And sometimes a stache.

Edit:Signing on as an Alternate instead!:End Edit

Last edited by Megrid on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

11Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

HELLO. Signing up for this~ Looking forward big time, just need to decide who to horribly mischaracterize Rp as.

Thank you, alca~

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

12Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kiyoko has already hyped this up for me. I need this.

Even if I'm still digesting the rules and don't have a character picked, my body is saying, "Yes."

13Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I think reading the old thread is the best way to get a handle on the rules. Mostly because there are a lot of things to keep track of just reading the rules straight, and the old thread is really entertaining and you should all marvel at my America jokes.

14Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Okay, I'm going to do it. "It" being a pronoun used to refer to a thing previously mentioned or easily identified, but in this case meaning "science."

15Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 am

drandahl

drandahl

Already chatted w/ Carlos around this (just late to post), but I'll be stepping in as your favorite community radio host.

Looking forward to meeting you all. And looking forward to broadcasting those interactions to my favorite community, Night Vale.

Last edited by drandahl on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 26]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum