Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creatures of the night Mafia

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Creatures of the night Mafia on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 pm

As night approached the villagers of Otranto hurried into their homes and preceded to board their doors and windows. They spent the night praying that they would have no unwelcome guests. For each night Otranto was preyed upon by monsters.

 The first signs they saw were strange bite marks in the cattle. Soon the same bite marks were found on some necks of the villagers. Not long after that a horrendous howling was heard during the night, in the morning the villagers discovered the mangled corpse of a cow. It didn't stop there, now people were disappearing or being found dead.

  One day a stranger arrived in town. The person claimed to be a hunter of monsters and that they would get rid of the monsters terrorizing the village. By tracking the tracks of a werewolf the hunter found that the trail led straight back into the village. They said that they would be on the lookout for the monsters but they also needed everyone else to look out for them too, and should one be found that they should push a wooden stake through its heart.

Fueled by fear it is no surprise that the villagers soon started pointing fingers at each-other. Will they be able to catch the monsters? Or will they become the next snack?    


There are 3 factions: Humans, Vampires and Werewolves.

Victory:

Humans win if all the vampires are dead and all werewolves are dead or have left.

Vampires win when there are an equal amount of humans to vampires or less humans than there are vampires.

Werewolves win if the werewolves survive and all vampires are dead, additionally there is an optional victory condition if werewolves achieve the first victory and decide to stay in the village they then must try to reduce the humans to numbers  =  to or less than the # of werewolves in the game.

Full moon nights :

Rollover will indicate whether there is a full moon or not each night.

Each night phase there is a % chance of a full moon. On night 0 there is a 20 % chance of a full moon.

Full moons determine whether the vampires or the werewolves act.

Each night there is not a full moon the % chance of there being a full moon doubles on the next night.

So if there is no full moon on night 0, there will be a 40% chance of a full moon on  night 1.

Each night there is a full moon the following night there is a 10% chance of a full moon.


Alignments and Roles:


Vampires: On nights that do not have a full moon, these thirsty, powerful, undead will go out and hunt their prey. On the first hunt the lord vampire will enthrall another player. On each following hunt they may kill a player of their choice. Vampires will not hunt on nights with full moons because they are wary of werewolves, which are capable of killing them. If all werewolves are dead full moons will no longer be presented so vampires can hunt every night without fear of their rivals.

Vampire Lord: On the night of the first vampire hunt, the lord vampire will enthrall another player. If the lord enthralls a human, they will become a vampire and will be informed of it. They will then be able to communicate with the vampire lord in a PM alliance.

If the lord targets a werewolf, the werewolf will not become a vampire and will not be in a PM alliance with the vampires. However an enthralled werewolf should it target a vampire will have their action redirected, additionally the vampire lord may choose by PM to switch an enthralled werewolf's vote to another player of their choice during every day phase. The switched vote will not be shown. The werewolf will be notified they are enthralled.

Additional vanilla vampires may be added to the game depending on the # of players.

Werewolves: Cursed to turn into ferocious half-man half-wolf monsters, these players will find their bloodlust uncontrollable on nights with a full moon. Each night there is a full moon a werewolf must target a player (if they do not select one, a player will be chosen randomly). If that player is a vampire, they will die, if that player is a human there is a 95% chance that player will die and a 5% chance that player will become a werewolf. The game starts with 1 werewolf and if more are created they may have a PM alliance.

 If the werewolves achieve their victory they may choose to leave the town and seek out land more isolated. If they do so both the humans and the werewolves will win. Alternatively the werewolves may decide to stay in the village in which case they are pit against the remaining humans.  

Humans:
Mostly locals to the village they want to survive and thus are fighting back.

Monster Hunter: Raised by a secret organization, this skilled professional has trained all their life to identify and fight monsters. Every night phase the monster hunter may investigate a player. They will be notified of that player's alignment. If the monster hunter becomes a vampire or werewolf, that player retains their power. The monster hunter will still receive an investigation result if they are killed on a night as long as the witch is alive. Monster hunter will receive a vampire or werewolf result if they investigate a player that is turned on the same phase.

The Witch: If the villagers knew the sinister powers that the witch dabbles with they would condemn them to a burning stake. Nonetheless the witch is doing everything they can to protect the villagers and themself from the creatures of the night. Every night phase the witch may call upon a spirit of the dead (they may target a dead player). The following day phase the chosen spirit may converse and vote in the thread. The villagers will be unaware of the spirits presence but, the spirit will be able to contribute to the daily condemnation through subtle actions. If a witch becomes a vampire or werewolf they retain their powers. (A werewolf witch will not be able to call on a spirit on full moon nights).

The Mayor: A villager with a lot of influence. A being with a loud voice, their choices are given significant attention. Votes made by the mayor count as two votes as long as there are no votes made on the mayor themself. The additional vote is not displayed but may change the end result of a day phase.  A vampire or werewolf mayor retains their power.

The Squatter: A sneaky individual who owns no possessions of their own. The squatter survives by sneaking into other peoples homes and living there in secret. On night 0 the squatter must choose another player's home to sneak into (if they do not choose 1, they will die). The squatter will learn each night whether that player left their home at all (witches need to leave home in order to gather ingredients/ parts of the dead) and if they were visited by any other players (they are hiding in the dark so they will not be able to identify who the visitor is). The squatter will not stay in a dead persons home so if the player they are squatting on dies, on the next night phase the squatter chooses a new home.  If a squatter becomes a vampire or werewolf they lose their former ability. As long as the witch is alive squatter will receive a result on a night where they are killed. Squatter will not receive a result on a night where they are turned. If squatter squats a vampire the vampire goes out every night there is not a full moon. They do not go out on a night they are enthralled unless they had a night action anyway.


Other humans will be vanilla villagers.

Game related rules:


Unlimited vote changes.

Role claims are allowed, posting a screenshot of your role PM is not.

No-lynch/no-stake, and no vote are allowed.

24 hour phases.

Alignment and role will be revealed on death.

Accurate ratios will be presented at each rollover.



Last edited by Cthuluhoop on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Creatures of the night Mafia on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:14 am

Kiyoko

avatar
Admin
Lots going on here. I like the concept. (Minor detail, that yellow text is really difficult to read on the light background.)

What's the minimum amount of players you think you'll need for this game to be balanced?

Is there incentive for the werewolves to stay in the village after achieving their win condition? Seems to me like trading a sure win for a maybe-win.


_________________
 
View user profile http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

3 Re: Creatures of the night Mafia on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 pm

I've been running simulations to try and determine a decent # of players. They take a while to do so I'll post that when I find out.

Werewolves win whether they stay in the game or leave. The incentive to continue on is if the werewolf/werewolves are enjoying the game they can keep playing and try to accomplish a bonus victory.

Adding in the following:

Changed colour of the word victory.

If all werewolves are dead full moons will no longer be presented so vampires can hunt every night without fear of their rivals.

As long as the witch is alive squatter will receive a result on a night where they are killed. Squatter will not receive a result on a night where they are enthralled.

Monster hunter will receive a vampire or werewolf result if they investigate a player that is turned on the same phase.

If squatter squats a vampire the vampire goes out every night there is not a full moon. They do not go out on a night they are enthralled unless they had a night action anyway.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum