Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN!

+5
Cthulhuhoop
Kotakia
Sammiya
Kiyoko
alcasync
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I'm back. It didn't take as long as I thought.

77Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Welcome back, Rasei! Would love to hear your thoughts on our current strategy.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

78Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Rasei

Rasei

It's a okay idea. But there are people that are going to lie about what they are.

Also are we sure that Sammie is really the detective, vig, or doctor?

Edit: Why couldn't she be the last townsperson?

79Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Because Cthulumints is town. Unless you think both Cthulumints and I are mafia and I'm covering for him or something, which I suppose is still a possibility, but.

The way this claiming plan works is similar to the Pigeonhole Principle. There are 4 town roles remaining, and 5 players, and so one of the mafia will claim whatever Sammie was, but the other mafia will have to claim something one of the townies is also claiming. If two people claim the same thing then one of those two people must be mafia. If we pick the right one, then the game continues. If we pick the wrong one, with our current ratio, it's game over.

80Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:39 pm

drandahl

drandahl

I'm interested in a phase extension. I've been pretty busy myself this week, and would like a chance to engage in discussion.

Regarding our strategy at this point, I'm also in favor for some level of claiming considering we're kind of in a sour state right now. I haven't thought this through all the way yet, but I'm thinking we should hold out some time for only the detective to reveal, since their story is more easily falsifiable and we might gain some useful info before having to do a full mass-claim.

That said, we might also end with detective to trap the mafia into claiming a role they don't have. Actually, I'm more in favor of this plan now that I've thought it through a little more.

I'm admittedly thinking [maybe a little too] openly right now.

EDIT: Snaked by several players :\
EDIT: Clarity. (falsified -> falsifiable)

81Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Ummmm, drandahl, are you caught up in the thread? Because your post doesn't fully make sense in the context of the posts that were made a page ago.

I uh... Should I hold off on saying anything until everyone's either claimed or officially stated they're not claiming? Cthulumints, I'm deferring to you. It's your plan.

Edit: alca, confirm phase extension?

82Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Yes, there will be a phase extension! This phase will end on Thursday at 8:30am! I don't know if it's really necessary since Rasei came back before the end of the phase, but I think people are expecting it now and I feel like it would be unfair to players who thought there was an extension and then had it taken away.

I am going to bed now, if there are any more questions for me I will get back to them tomorrow.

83Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

@alca

Skype convo wrote:[11:12:45 PM] Mr. Alice: hey can you do me a favor and compliment the alpaca for her choice in red riding hood related pics
[11:12:51 PM] Mr. Alice: I've loved them all so far ; w ;
[11:13:00 PM] Kiyo / 7♦: you can totally post in her thread even if you're not playing
[11:13:09 PM] Mr. Alice: that....doesn't feel right
[11:13:13 PM] Kiyo / 7♦: as long as it's not like you influencing the game it's totally fine
[11:13:42 PM] Mr. Alice: i feel like a vampire like i cant enter thread because i wasn't invited haha
[11:13:49 PM] Mr. Alice: but no plz u should totally do it

84Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:15 am

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:Ummmm, drandahl, are you caught up in the thread?
Oh shoot, I see I missed at least one vitally relevant post made by you a page ago. Re-reading and re-orienting myself...

85Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:50 am

drandahl

drandahl

Okay, caught up. Thanks for catching my blunder there. I'm comfortable claiming, considering the lack of other viable options on the table right now.

Cthm, let us know how you'd like us all to coordinate. I vote that if we don't hear back from you by Wednesday 2PM PST, we go forward with an uncoordinated mass-claim and aim to all claim by 8PM PST.

Happy to offer my vote towards other suggested plans, if anyone has any better ideas. I'd just rather not fall pray to inaction here.

86Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:03 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I'm fairly certain we have all claimed except for Rasei and drandahl.

87Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 am

drandahl

drandahl

Ha, I misread Kotakia's claim (clear in hindsight) as some "artistic flair" and a miss of a roll when enumerating the roles remaining. I should have probed further when I realized she wasn't enumerating the role I hold.

Well at least I have *some* clarity now.

While I don't have any solid evidence against Kotakia, I admit she beat me to claiming first. I would have called her out on it sooner, had I realized sooner. I would like to point out her suggested strategy of RNG between the two claimers as extremely defensive from a mafia standpoint. I'm 100% open to investigation, though there really isn't much to investigate.

I'll go ahead and say that I rnd a save on Rasei N0, though I don't want to mention who I saved N1 since there's the "no repeats on consecutive nights" rule, and that would give town a disadvantage, assuming we survive.

I don't think I have any better defense over Kotakia otherwise, though I'll post more if anything comes to mind. Time to rest these poor old bones, reflect on a life well-spent, and try to remember where I left that kon-frag-ged remote so I can watch M*A*S*H. That Alan Alda is such a heartthrob. Well, I do suppose there's always my very cumbersome collection of trashy native american -themed romance novels I can dig into, if I can't find it... where are my spectacles?

Last edited by drandahl on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

88Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:45 am

drandahl

drandahl

Kotakia wrote:Ah well, at least I can protect myself tonight giving myself away now.

Sorry for the repeated posting on my part, but can you explain this, Kotakia? I'm confused.

89Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:53 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

So now that the counterclaim is out, I feel safe putting this out there (I didn't want to give mafia any ideas in case they were still deciding who to claim.)

I realized in the shower that if one of the counterclaimers flips maf, the other one isn't necessarily town, because there is I guess the strategy where both maf claim Sammie's role and then Bigby pushes a lynch on little wolf so as to look more town when little wolf flips maf. If no one was already considering this as a possibility, then it'd allow Bigby to kind of cruise through the rest of the game.

Not saying this is likely, I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this possibility because it totally didn't occur to me until just now and was kind of an "oh shit" moment.

That said, imo, mafia's going for the easier win of betting on the 50% chance today.

I have more speculation but I am going to hold off until a cue from Cthulumints, mostly because it is almost 3am and I have work tomorrow and don't have time to write it all up. It's a list of which mafia pairings are most likely, inspired by Luxaria's similar post over in the newbie thread, but right now it's in unintelligible (to everyone but me) spreadsheet form and I need to translate it to English. So yes. Will do that tomorrow. Good night.

90Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:33 am

drandahl

drandahl

I swear, my last post of the evening. I can't sleep otherwise.

Kotakia wrote:Ah well, at least I can protect myself tonight giving myself away now.

Actually, Kiyo, I'd like for you to explain this to me. Apologies to Kotakia if I snake her response with this message. Feel free to respond in the morning, Kiyo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum