Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN]

+6
Megrid
Sammiya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Kiyoko
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 12]

91New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

np man i'll try my best wheeze

if i had more time i'd prolly have voted for whomever had the most votes then, which i'm guessing was sammichya? like i'd FEEL SUPER BAD and obviously i'd look a lil more into it if it were the case, but i think i probably would have still tried to insist on a lynch, cuz idk about all a yall, but i still feel like we don't have a lot of concrete info right now since no action was taken in day 1

EDIT: nO I CAN'T BE PAGETOP HOT AIR RISES DAMMIT

92New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm going to present what I've been thinking about all day on the off-chance I get killed tonight. It's not going to be as well-structured as my usual posts since I'm trying to assess this all within the last hour.

Observations
* Alcasync and Nautilus would be too obvious working together (Could be their strategy. Seems unlikely).
* Alcasync and Nautilus were about to lynch Sammiya.
* Sammiya was aware she had a majority lynch vote on her and would get knocked out. If she was mafia, the other mafia didn't do anything to stop it. This might be a tactic to save one of them.
* * The other mafia might have tried to set up a decoy target.
- - - Mr. Alice voted Luxaria early, before Sammiya gained traction. Never considered swapping prior to roll-over. (Later reveals they'd vote the most voted, "guessing was Sammiya?")
- - - Megrid voted No Vote, and then No Lynch. Wanted more information from Sammiya. States "Not hesitant on voting Sammiya [if she stands out]."
- - - Sammiya voted No Lynch. Rasei isn't suspicious.
- - - Rasei voted Megrid, and then No Vote. Wanted to lynch D1. Was considering Mr. Alice.

If the other mafia was going for a subtle save, then Rasei doing No Vote had no impact on Sammiya. Unlikely pairing. Megrid might have done No Lynch to go for the RNG save and hope that another player, like myself, voted No Lynch. Mr. Alice made no attempt to help Sammiya.

Additional:
Megrid seems suspicious of Alcasync.
Alcasync is a little suspicious of Rasei now. Alcasync also brought attention to Rasei's "RNG" vote for Megrid by saying she might back it to save Luxaria. These two interactions could be a liability, even if they're doing it as a ruse.
Sammiya seemed really uneasy about Rasei until the fact that there were unlimited votes was cleared up. This could be a ruse, but I think it's probably unlikely.
Rasei RNG voting Megrid is a weird connection between them. I think it's too strange of a gambit to put them together, especially since it came close to backfiring with Alcasync almost voting Megrid.

This does not mean these pairs are not mafia groupings, since it could be a ruse. It'd take the N1 kill and D2 discussion to elaborate the ramifications.

There are 15 pairings of mafia, if I exclude myself, since I know my role as town. I broke them down into categories for easy comprehension: Veteran/Veteran; Veteran/Newbie; Newbie/Newbie; Veteran/Previous Player; and Newbie/Previous Player. Alcasync, Sammiya, and Megrid are the veterans; Mr. Alice is the previous player; and Nautilus and Rasei are newbies (I'd be here, too, if I included myself, which would add 6 more pairings for a total of 21).

Between Alcasync and Nautilus, I think at least one of these players is town.
I do not think there is a pairing of Alcasync/Nautilus, Alcasync/Sammiya, and Nautilus/Sammiya. I think Alcasync/Rasei might be unlikely, though it was initially my gut pairing. It'd depend on if they bandwagon one another. The most likely pairings I see in no particular order are:

Megrid/Sammiya
Alcasync/Megrid
Megrid/Nautilus
Rasei/Nautilus (Nautilus kept mentioning being uneasy with Rasei, though, and did a vote for Rasei)
Alcasync/Mr. Alice
Sammiya/Mr. Alice (This might be plausible considering Mr. Alice stated they'd bandwagon Sammiya after the opportunity was gone)
Megrid/Mr. Alice (This one seems weaker)
Nautilus/Mr. Alice (Nautilus seems to find Mr. Alice to be consistent and innocuous)
Rasei/Mr. Alice (Rasei mentioned they might vote for Mr. Alice)

The upcoming night kill will be interesting. Killing certain players frames others. I do not know if the mafia would deem that too wise or not, since revealing a player as town could ruin the building tension, but also might seem too forced of a ploy to get the other players to suspect someone. If I'm killed, then Alcasync might look suspicious, but it'd make Sammiya less suspicious. If Alcasync or Nautilus are killed, myself or Sammiya might look suspicious. Alternatively, killing none of the people in the center of discussion might lead to a town mislynch tomorrow between the four people listed above.

I realize I'll look suspicious if I do not die, but post this as a "last ditch" moments before roll-over. But the first goal I outlined for myself before D1 began was that even if I died as town, I would do everything in my power to provide my team with the tools for success. If I live, I'll cross that bridge when I get there and continue to try and find the mafia.

93New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

D A Y T W O

Sirens. They light up the rain like fireworks, sparks of red blue red blue. Flickers through thin curtains, like the echo of a TV set. Voices, low and buzzing. Human voices. Dog voices. Rubber on asphalt, and rain. Always rain. The city's own nocturne.

LUXARIA was killed. She was TOWN.

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 QzkTS0f

T U T O R I A L

I think you all have the hang of it now. I'm using this tutorial for more advanced mafia advice. Someone wanted me to share how I structure my spreadsheets, so I created this sample for you guys.

Mafia Sample Spreadsheets

I'm going to start out by saying that you do not need to make spreadsheets in order to be an effective mafia player. I make them because they help me organize information, and because I am insane.

There are three pages. The first one is my spreadsheet for determining roles in a game where every player has a unique role, and all the roles are known. Green means more likely to be that role, red means less likely to be that role, and the more green or more red it is, the more I'm sure of it. A grayed out row means that player is dead. This is all filled out by process of elimination.

The second page is for closed-role UPICK games, and it's really less of a spreadsheet and more just organized note taking. This time, green is town and red is mafia. The color-coding here isn't necessary, but I like it because it lets me tell at a glance what my current suspicions are. Down below the main table, I have a section for recording information about roles that I know exist, but I don't know who has that role.

The third page I don't really do much, except in games without power roles. It's a little confusing, and the general sense is for each player, I record their attitude towards other players. Blue means on the same team and orange means on opposite teams, and the stronger the color the more certain I am of it. If someone defends a player, I mark their relationship as blue. If someone suspects or votes a player, I mark their relationship as more orange. Down the middle is my guess as to the player's alignment. I'm not really going to go into detail on this one because I don't use it much.

These are just how I structure my spreadsheets, and if you have a different way that works for you, do it. As long as you can understand your own spreadsheet, then it doesn't matter if no one else does. And again, spreadsheets are totally not a standard part of mafia, and you should only be making them if you are just as insane as I am.

The ratio is 2 mafia, 4 town.

Night 2 begins 9:00pm PST on Tuesday, June 9

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

94New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sorry having too much fun got distracted

95New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:12 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Jeez, I have time to sit down and make a post and I have a ton of posts to read through.

So! Um. First I'm going to answer Luxaria's question:
Earlier, you said you would vote for Rasei, but you didn't wish to encourage a four-way tie. If you had to pick between Sammiya and Rasei and you were the final vote, which player would you pick to lynch and why? Then pit that player against Mr. Alice. Which would you vote to lynch?

Mhm, that's an interesting question! If I didn't have to choose Sammiya to lynch, I would probably have gone for Rasei because of the sheer fact of an RNG lynch and their relative lack of contribution/backing up of their vote*, though I admit I am still of two minds about Sammiya's trip-up with the voting. Part of my little comment about being of two minds and being generally wishy-washy in terms of reasoning does somewhat apply to Sammiya; she has mentioned suspicion of Rasei, but I guess the issue for me is that she never backed it up with a vote. It kind of makes me think that she wanted to float the name out there, but not really follow up with it to at least plant the idea of Rasei without tying her name specifically to Rasei. I would have followed the vote, admittedly, had she done so!  

I also find her comment about me following alca's vote interesting.

As for Mr. Alice... hmmmmm!! At this point I think I'd be a bit unsure, because Rasei and Mr. Alice kind of did the same thing, except Rasei eventually unvoted. It's interesting because Mr. Alice came in within a half hour of rollover (20 minutes?) and expressed a willingness to lynch (but at the same time unease at mislynching, which brings me back to my ??? comments about people being wishy-washy; thank you for pointing that out because I missed that in a haze of posts) but kept their vote on Luxaria. I guess my unwillingness stems from their behavior being similar in the other game, where they ended up being lynched and flipped town (general confusion, style of speculation and non-committal voting) but when has my intuition ever been right, haha.

So I guess I'd be stuck between the two, but I wouldn't have minded voting for either of them - Alice or Rasei. To mix things up, I wouldn't have minded voting Mr. Alice in this instance.

Finally: I actually think this kill was specifically chosen to frame (or, well, derail) myself or alcasync, since Luxaria sealed the no lynch (and saved Sammiya from being lynched by us - by flipping town, this rules out the mafia saving mafia theory and makes her no lynch save seem less suspicious, which was the main sticking point of alcasync's suspicion of Sammiya, and alcasync did mention something along the lines of Luxaria and I being tied in terms of alignment depending on Sammiya's alignment). I don't rule out the possibility of alcasync being mafia and this being an extremely good ruse, either, but I do believe she's the most town-seeming player so far. The kill also stops one of more active players in their tracks, which is probably another major theory as to why Luxaria was killed**

*Unsure whether or not to ascribe this to them being new.

**In a way if this is the case this is partially why I would like some of the quieter players so far to contribute a bit more.

I do think if anything we should definitely lynch today. I do have a suspicion at least one of the mafia is one of the people who no lynched/no voted yesterday, though, which would be one of Rasei/Sammiya/Megrid.

Last edited by nautilus on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

96New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:14 am

alcasync

alcasync

I'm fairly certain the mafia pair is Megrid and Sammiya. The phrasing of Megrid's post seems defensive of Sammiya, and the way Luxaria was killed after I made my post seems a little too convenient. Let me elaborate further.

Megrid wrote:I hadn't really played with her in games prior to the ones in CryWolf, but I guess what made her "curious" to me was how quick she was go hone in on Sammiya right out the gate and how assertive she was of it all. ... I'm wondering why Alcasync is so heavily focused on Sammiya when it all began with ... Between the two of you, while I wouldn't say Alcasync is most definitely mafia, I think I might be inclined to vote her over you if I had to, mostly because of her focus on Sammiya.

I thought I was fairly clear that I wasn't suspicious of Sammiya at all until after the no lynch rushed votes at the end. Maybe I'm just really bad at communicating. Either way, I did explain my reasoning again so I'm not going to go over it here. I just find it interesting how Megrid focuses so much on my vote for Sammiya as "curious" when I did the exact same thing in the last game and I was town so I don't really think there's anything too curious about it.

Part of this reads a little to me like Megrid is just a bit too defensive of Sammiya. She's using phrases like "hones in," "assertive" and "heavily focused" as if I have been tunneling Sammiya all phase, when really I only voiced my suspicions after the day phase ended, and the way I phrased it was,

alcasync wrote:the timing of the votes makes me suspicious enough to side-eye Sammiya and Luxaria a bit.

which isn't really "heavily focused" in my opinion at all?

I've defended nautilus and Mr. Alice and Rasei in this game so far, but I've also provided reasonings (albeit not very solid ones) about what I thought about them. Megrid is defending Sammiya, but isn't explaining why she thinks Sammiya deserves to be defended. If Megrid thought Sammiya was town and also explained why she thinks Sammiya is town, then I would accept being suspicious of me for casting suspicion on Sammiya, but without that explanation it seems more like mafia defending a mafia teammate to me, than a town defending someone they think is town.

To continue!

Megrid wrote:I'm still not quite understanding why the focus on Sammiya is different from those two instances as to remain constant.

I didn't think much about this at the time, but in light of this:

alcasync wrote:I would be more willing to lynch Sammiya at this point, in order to get information about nautilus (who voted for Sammiya, bringing it up to a tie I think) and Luxaria (whose vote saved Sammiya). If Sammiya flips mafia then I think Luxaria is more likely to be mafia, and if Sammiya flips town then I think nautilus is more likely to be mafia.

In this post, I say that I want to lynch Sammiya because I think Sammiya and Luxaria might be a mafia pair.

Kiyoko wrote:LUXARIA was killed. She was TOWN.

And then Luxaria was killed. So let's think about this.

Let's say Sammiya is town, Luxaria is town and nautilus is town. By leaving Sammiya, Luxaria, and nautilus all alive, Mafia could stall for a phase by not killing any of these three, and then I would likely suggest we lynch Sammiya and then a townie would get mislynched and mafia would win.

Let's say Sammiya is town, Luxaria is town, and nautilus is mafia. Killing Luxaria would cast suspicion on nautilus, which is not productive for mafia.

Let's say Sammiya is mafia, Luxaria is town, and nautilus is town. Killing Luxaria might save Sammiya from being targeted for a lynch the next phase, in hopes that Luxaria flipping town would resolve the situation I posted earlier and take pressure off Sammiya by removing incentive to lynch her (um what I mean is that the incentive to lynch Sammiya was the information, and mafia is giving us that information by killing Luxaria). I think this is the most likely scenario.

I don't think both Sammiya and nautilus are mafia because nautilus almost got Sammiya lynched, so I will rule that out.

Now let's think about Megrid's post again.

Megrid wrote:I'm still not quite understanding why the focus on Sammiya is different from those two instances as to remain constant.

This, I think, is Megrid asking me to explain my suspicions on Sammiya. Which means that if mafia did in fact kill Luxaria because of the Luxaria/Sammiya/nautilus information thing I discussed, then it seems rather convenient that the night kill on Luxaria might make Sammiya look innocent after a question from Megrid that prompted this entire discussion in the first place. This is weak evidence of Megrid's involvement because in any other situation I would think Megrid is just a town asking a question to try to understand other players' reasonings, except that Megrid defended Sammiya so much in her post.

I hope that's clear. My thoughts are kind of jumbled right now.

I don't even want to know how long this post is, I think it took me over an hour to write...

In short, due to Megrid's defense of Sammiya despite giving no reasoning why she thinks Sammiya might be town, I think Megrid is buddying Sammiya. Additionally, the night kill doesn't make sense if Sammiya is town because by leaving Luxaria, nautilus and Sammiya alive, mafia could stall for a day phase by having me push a mislynch on Sammiya.

Also, adding briefly that Sammiya and Megrid were the only ones aside from Luxaria not to vote for any other player at all, which is a fairly common mafia tactic for trying to lay low. drandahl did the same in the last game. Again, this is not very strong evidence and normally I would dismiss it, but in light of everything else it kind of strengthens my suspicions.

As a result,

vote: Megrid but I will happily change this to Sammiya if the rest of the thread leans that way as well.

Edit: I would like to clarify that despite this really long post with all these quotes and stuff, I'm not trying to push a lynch. I just wanted to make it very clear why I'm voting the way I'm voting since this is something I truly believe is the case. Everyone else should definitely feel free to vote whoever they suspect.

I have a feeling I will become a lynch target because of how assertive I am being here, but I stand by my suspicions.

And if anyone has any questions for me I will answer tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime. This post took longer than i thought it would!

97New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:39 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

V O T E T A L L Y

ALCASYNC vs MEGRID
NAUTILUS vs MEGRID
MEGRID vs ALCASYNC

MEGRID II
ALCASYNC I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

98New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 am

nautilus

nautilus

Will be out all day again, but I think alcasync raises a good point with respect to Megrid's defensiveness of Sammiya.

Actually, I guess it's interesting to me because I was the one who put Sammiya in prime lynch position, and yet Megrid focuses solely on alcasync's vote while not really addressing my vote at all... I understand perhaps she was commenting with respect to Luxaria's question, but. I guess her defense of Sammiya reads to me like she didn't understand why it went to a lynch vote when at first it was just a random vote, but if anything I was the player that nearly got her lynched when alcasync just threw out the vote (though if she were mafia she could be seeding votes but if anything, I hammered it).

I should also add that if Sammiya is mafia, then it leads credence to this comment made by Sammiya:

Sammiya wrote:I imagine voting will depend on what happens in the NK, in the long run.

If mafia was deliberately trying to kill Luxaria via the NK to remove some of the suspicion/case against Sammiya, then this quote becomes really interesting - like it feels anticipatory of the NK?  

For the record, I don't necessarily rule out "Luxaria was killed because they were a good speculator", but like I said earlier in the game: I think mafia will go for strategic kills, and this speaks of a strategic kill, especially after alcasync's suspicion of Luxaria.

So, um, it basically comes down to whether or not I want to follow alcasync for the vote. And I would be fine with that, mostly because look at all those votes that came in last minute last phase, and I don't want to fork the votes.

I would be also fine with switching to Sammiya for the lynch because it allows us to knock out a couple of birds with one stone, and really I'm voting Megrid to at least add weight to the lynch because I'm wary of a flurry of late NLs/"save" votes:

• If Sammiya is mafia, then that makes me clear and resolves doubt about my alignment, since I nearly got her lynched; it also clears alcasync to some degree
  • If Sammiya is mafia, then it calls into question Megrid's alignment and by extension possibly Rasei's, since Sammiya mentioned suspicion of Rasei's vote and that may be an attempt to float her name out there
  • If Sammiya is town, that clears the suspicion around Megrid to some degree and casts suspicion on myself and alcasync

vote: Megrid

EDIT: Just letting everyone know that the earliest I'll get back is about 7-8 hours from this post's edit; I can try to lurk but what I'm attending is kind of hard to... check your phone at so I don't know if I can be around! I do want to say something though, since I cleared it with Kiyoko:

Last night after my post I read the other game going on right now (Red Riding Hood) and I noticed that Rasei basically did the same thing they did in this game that they did in that game - throw out a strange, somewhat nonsensical vote that was challenged in the thread, then promptly unvote and no vote. I don't know what to say of this at all and I'm actually now wondering whether or not Rasei's actions from D1 are just... how they play, because their actions were pretty similar between the two games, down to the pattern of their votes. Of course this is just speculation and I don't have a grasp of what's going on in the other game but that's just my 2c about Rasei.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

99New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

First: Rasei is not going to be able to come on today/make any posts or anything due to something coming up. (She's my older sister, but lives in a different state from me.)

No, I flat-out found Rasei RNGing a vote fishy. And if she hadn't changed it, I would've changed my vote to her. And I presumed Mr Alice's vote had been for information, unlike how Alca only voted for me from knowing I was a veteran like her.

And, well, you followed Alcasync's vote once, so it makes sense that you might follow it again. And, well, you proved that by voting for Megrid, so I wasn't wrong to think that you might. You feel like alca's town and to me it feels like it's due to how much she's speculating, but amount of speculation does not a townie make. I remember in several games I've been in the most active players have been the mafia, after all.

And it's entirely possible that Luxaria was chosen for the NK before Alcasync's comment, too. The doctor probably would've been more likely to focus on other people to protect, and the mafia could've accounted for the fact it could've made alcasync suspicious. Or, well, a set-up in general.

And, well, of course there's going to be a night kill unless the doctor was extremely insightful/had good targeting unless the mafia was being particularly dense and forgot to send it in or something. Of course I'd anticipate a NK happening, but I never indicated thinking anything of Luxaria being the target. And the NK does determine what happens during the day phase, so that statement is not wrong either.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

100New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sammiya wrote:First: Rasei is not going to be able to come on today/make any posts or anything due to something coming up.

Acknowledged! Thanks for the heads up.

101New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

I wanna preface this by apologizing if I sound a bit more snappier than usual since I just got done tackling a mountain of paperwork and asjkfsf.

alcasync wrote:I thought I was fairly clear that I wasn't suspicious of Sammiya at all until after the no lynch rushed votes at the end. Maybe I'm just really bad at communicating. Either way, I did explain my reasoning again so I'm not going to go over it here. I just find it interesting how Megrid focuses so much on my vote for Sammiya as "curious" when I did the exact same thing in the last game and I was town so I don't really think there's anything too curious about it.

I thought I was also very clear when I said I've been curious of you because one minute I see "I'm picking Sammiya because I dunno, she's the only one I played with directly" to "no there's definitely something fishy about her". Maybe I worded it a bit too strongly since I'm not very good with words, but my main problem is seeing you go from picking someone randomly to being sure that this random person is suddenly someone to stick to, and until you've clarified it had to do with the last minute posts, I think I've made my point clear I was incredibly confused of it. The fact it was Sammiya as a subject is because that happened to be the one you voted for straight away and stuck to the whole time, and until you've explained yourself not too long ago, I've been lost on this reasoning. Not to mention, you aren't the only one I've been curious about, that second honor goes to Mr. Alice, who still leaves me confused of why the similarly-random vote on Luxaria with even less reasoning to back her up than you did. I would also like to point out that perhaps I didn't see it sooner, in which case sorry for all the headache, but when I saw and understood your reasoning, that was your post after all was said and done on D1's rollover. Not before. So if you explained it before that, sorry, I guess I missed it somehow, but I didn't see your reasoning until after the rollover, when you were directly responding to me.

I believe another reason I've also brought up that I wanted to give Sammiya a chance to do something is that I was very much aware OOCly she was going to go on a trip, but underestimated how long that trip was. I wanted to hear more input from her, and surely, I'd hope she'll say more today. Which, speaking of:

Sammiya wrote:First: Rasei is not going to be able to come on today/make any posts or anything due to something coming up. (She's my older sister, but lives in a different state from me.)

Perhaps I'm just not playing the game right, but I generally don't like to pick at players I know for a fact aren't around to properly defend themselves. For this reason I'm going to avoid trying to push Rasei for anything today until whenever it is she can get on, but that stance goes for whoever I know is AFK. I don't feel it fair. Maybe it's a stupid play on my part, maybe it'll get me killed faster playing that way, but I don't consider it nature of the game to pick at someone I know is not around.

Another thing: why bring up only my suspicion on you about the whole Sammiya voting when I was just as suspicious (and said as much quite a few times) of Mr. Alice and Luxaria? Which, incidentally, I'd still like to hear a bit more about that decision since while you technically explained yourself I... still don't quite follow... At least Alcasync I can understand more that it came from the whole last minute landslide of no lynches saving her.

You've also assumed that I've sat down and read the posts of the last game and followed through with everyone's intentions. Being dead since night 0, unfortunately, the most I followed was who died each rollover and not quite so much all the posts in between. Therefore no, I didn't question whatever you did last game because my attention kinda drifted from that thread ever since I died in said game.

Edit: Actually, while we're on that subject, why bring up at all how I'm supposed to focus on what you did in the last game? Because you brought up how I voted for No Lynch here, and it was suspicious, when I did the exact same thing in the game going on next door for the exact same reason: I was on a rush, had to leave, and didn't have anyone definite to vote for.:End Edit

Perhaps I'm slow, perhaps I'm not quite good at wording, but that's my stance. If you were focusing on Luxaria instead, or anyone else for that matter, I would've focused on them likewise, but you didn't.

vote: Alcasync Honestly, for someone who also said they would vote for Sammiya definitely this day, you seem awfully quick to jump all over me all of a sudden. I've voiced a lot of concerns, but out of all the things I focused on, you seem to pick at me on the concerns I had about you specifically, like I was only focused on you the whole game.

As for this:

nautilus wrote:
Actually, I guess it's interesting to me because I was the one who put Sammiya in prime lynch position, and yet Megrid focuses solely on alcasync's vote while not really addressing my vote at all... I understand perhaps she was commenting with respect to Luxaria's question, but. I guess her defense of Sammiya reads to me like she didn't understand why it went to a lynch vote when at first it was just a random vote, but if anything I was the player that nearly got her lynched when alcasync just threw out the vote (though if she were mafia she could be seeding votes but if anything, I hammered it).

I believe I didn't focus on the voting in the first place because by the time I had to run out, I saw a bunch of split votes as far as I'm concerned. I didn't focus on you voting against Sammiya because I wasn't focused on it period. I was more focused on listening to Alcasync's reasonings to vote Sammiya (which I did finally understand) and Mr. Alice's reasonings to vote Luxaria (which... I still don't get it.) It may not be particularly smart or observant on my part but the way it went down at the last few minutes of N1 went over my head.

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

102New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Megrid! I can clear up the not getting why I voted for Luxaria! :D (Or well, I hope I can!)

It was basically random! :'D Cuz it was like, Day 1, and from what I've been gathering, that's like the best day to just pick someone at random and see what goes on from there?

So like...there was basically no reasoning there except something like that one moment when you're in class and the teacher asks a question and you're like oh god no don't pick me but you lock eyes with them and suddenly it's like a pokemon trainer battle and the teacher picks you despite your mental pleading and you're like 'shit'. And I guess I was the teacher in this example. ; w ;

((Sorry about you having to a bunch of paperwork, though! D: I hear that it can be super stressful, though I'm one of those daft fools who kind of enjoys filling out forms. OTL))

Last edited by Mr. Alice on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sMILI E S GET YOUR S HIT OUTTA HERE)

103New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:05 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I think Megrid and Sammiya are equally mafia and so I'm voting you, Megrid, because it doesn't make a difference to me which between you and Sammiya get lynched.

Megrid wrote:my main problem is seeing you go from picking someone randomly to being sure that this random person is suddenly someone to stick to, and until you've clarified it had to do with the last minute posts, I think I've made my point clear I was incredibly confused of it

Please reread my past posts. My first post referring to Sammiya was my vote on her, in which I said I didn't have any strong reasoning. My second post referring to her was my saying that I would be willing to switch my vote off Sammiya to save Luxaria. My third post about Sammiya was after rollover, in which I mention my suspicions with rather a lot of detail?

I didn't suspect Sammiya at all until after the D1 -> N1 rollover, and I'm not quite sure where this miscommunication is happening because I feel like I've had to repeat this multiple times now.

Also, I don't know who this part of your post is directed to, but

Megrid wrote:I believe another reason I've also brought up that I wanted to give Sammiya a chance to do something is that I was very much aware OOCly she was going to go on a trip, but underestimated how long that trip was.

I didn't actually say anything to Sammiya or ask her any questions during D1 when she was gone so I don't think this applies to me, but also I don't think that you should get upset at other players for directing questions at her because all Sammiya said was,

Sammiya wrote:ON my phone, so can't really give long posts at the moment!

and neither you nor Sammiya said that she would be away from her computer for a while and unable to post until after D1 was already over (and after Sammiya was already back) so the rest of thread had no way of knowing she was out.

Megrid wrote:Perhaps I'm just not playing the game right, but I generally don't like to pick at players I know for a fact aren't around to properly defend themselves.

When did anyone pressure Sammiya when she was't around to defend herself?

Megrid wrote:you seem to pick at me on the concerns I had about you specifically, like I was only focused on you the whole game.

Um? My post was about you buddying Sammiya. If you were directing your post at someone other than myself, I would still probably point it out, because buddying is a scumtell.

So while we're on the topic, Megrid, why are you so adamantly defending Sammiya?

104New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Not saying anyone is out of line yet, but as I am noticing rising tensions in general, so I'm going to drop this in early just in case. I'd like to gently remind everyone that this is just a game (and don't take it too seriously), but the players are real people (so do take their emotions seriously).

Or maybe I am misreading this entire situation in which case carry on.

105New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

And I'm likewise voting for you because you seem to try very hard to ignore what I'm saying.

alcasync wrote:Please reread my past posts. My first post referring to Sammiya was my vote on her, in which I said I didn't have any strong reasoning. My second post referring to her was my saying that I would be willing to switch my vote off Sammiya to save Luxaria. My third post about Sammiya was after rollover, in which I mention my suspicions with rather a lot of detail?

I didn't suspect Sammiya at all until after the D1 -> N1 rollover, and I'm not quite sure where this miscommunication is happening because I feel like I've had to repeat this multiple times now.

Likewise. I was asking Mr. Alice over and over about why the vote on Luxaria. I still didn't get the reasoning (and before you comment on this Mr. Alice, now I get it, I'll be with you shortly,) and I kept asking, but the whole post you made constantly focused on my suspicions on you and reasonings why, like I hadn't brought up anyone but you. I could say the same thing of having to say this several times.

And I also said, more than once, that the post you made after rollover was the post that I noticed and understood your reasoning. Sorry if it seemed I've been missing quite a bit before, but I did just say this was the point I started to understand your reasoning more, and I'm not getting why you're stuck on me being suspicious of you still when after that point I was pretty much "oh, ok, thanks for the explanation". The only reason I'm bringing it up now is because now you're the one who keeps bringing it up. You're not the only one having to repeat things multiple times now.

Alcasync wrote:I didn't actually say anything to Sammiya or ask her any questions during D1 when she was gone so I don't think this applies to me, but also I don't think that you should get upset at other players for directing questions at her because all Sammiya said was,

Sammiya wrote:ON my phone, so can't really give long posts at the moment!

and neither you nor Sammiya said that she would be away from her computer for a while and unable to post until after D1 was already over (and after Sammiya was already back) so the rest of thread had no way of knowing she was out.

You asked me why I was defensive against Sammiya. I only brought up the following related to Sammiya:

- Wondering why you started with a random vote on her and ended with a surefire vote on her.
- Bringing up that she was someone I knew was AFK and therefore I didn't want to vote for her and wanted to give a chance to when she didn't seem suspicious or insuspicious of.
- That I'd hold back voting on her for that day, but certainly not for the whole game.

You kept asking me why I defended her, and that's why, so yes, it's related. And as for the second half, I already answered that...

Megrid wrote:As for your question, I think it's hard to answer on Sammiya because I knew she was going to go out to the aquarium trip, but didn't know when she'd be back. Before I thought to bring it up, she posted on her phone and I thought "welp, that's that then". For now, because she hadn't been around to really see or hear from the whole day, I was willing to forgive that cuz, well, it couldn't be helped any more than me rushing at the last minute before I had to go. That doesn't mean I'd be hesitant to vote her for the whole game, but for that first day, it couldn't really be helped.

Between the two of you, while I wouldn't say Alcasync is most definitely mafia, I think I might be inclined to vote her over you if I had to, mostly because of her focus on Sammiya. I feel like it started about as random as when Mr. Alice voted you and Rasei voted me, but I'm still not quite understanding why the focus on Sammiya is different from those two instances as to remain constant.

Course, I'm a bit slow to think right now and also a bit rusty, so it might be super obvious for all I know and I'm just having it fly over my head. orz

You brought up direct points about why you suspected me. I brought up as much counter-points as I felt was related to make. The fact you ignore me and keep asking me the same questions makes me even more suspicious of why you're ignoring my reasons just as much as you say I'm ignoring yours. I'm sorry if you've said things sooner (and again, I did warn things fly over my head), and perhaps attacking AFK people is a much more personal matter in general for me than I have liked, but I can't really tell you any further than because I knew she was AFK right then, I didn't pressure her and I didn't vote on her. I didn't say I would exclude her in later days, I didn't say I'd protect her the full game, and I certainly didn't say none of you couldn't have your opinions on her otherwise, but I wanted to give her a chance and didn't vote on her for just that day. Whenever someone asks me why, that's my answer. I didn't actively try to hound everyone who voted her to tell them "no! Lay off her!". As I said to Nautilus, I've pretty much had the No Lynch vs Sammiya tie fly over my head.

Likewise, I'm not going to vote on Rasei, at least for today, even if I can't stop anyone else from doing so.

And as for you:

Mr. Alice wrote:Megrid! I can clear up the not getting why I voted for Luxaria! :D (Or well, I hope I can!)

It was basically random! :'D Cuz it was like, Day 1, and from what I've been gathering, that's like the best day to just pick someone at random and see what goes on from there?

So like...there was basically no reasoning there except something like that one moment when you're in class and the teacher asks a question and you're like oh god no don't pick me but you lock eyes with them and suddenly it's like a pokemon trainer battle and the teacher picks you despite your mental pleading and you're like 'shit'. And I guess I was the teacher in this example. ; w ;

((Sorry about you having to a bunch of paperwork, though! D: I hear that it can be super stressful, though I'm one of those daft fools who kind of enjoys filling out forms. OTL))

So it was pretty much a random vote... orz Alright, fair enough. Thanks for the clarity. I guess I misread what you were trying to say about your strategy.

(Ohsoverymuch. I wouldn't mind writing up things so much if it was for a more fun subject, but this round, not so much. orz Ah well...)

Kiyoko wrote:Not saying anyone is out of line yet, but as I am noticing rising tensions in general, so I'm going to drop this in early just in case. I'd like to gently remind everyone that this is just a game (and don't take it too seriously), but the players are real people (so do take their emotions seriously).

Or maybe I am misreading this entire situation in which case carry on.

Sorry, sorry...

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum