Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN]

+6
Megrid
Sammiya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Kiyoko
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

16New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Here's my permission slip it's signed and everything look yeah not forged or anything like come on why would I do that let's go let's go.

17New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Signups are closed. Sending out role PMs. When you get your PM, sit tight until I post N0 rollover.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

18New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

N I G H T Z E R O

Wind picks up. It's the kind of cold that sinks its teeth into your flesh, and there's nothing any jacket can do about it. There's a light on in that old practice, down on the corner of Tenth and Main. Looks like the doc's working late tonight. Hope he remembered an umbrella. Storm's coming.

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 QzkTS0f

T U T O R I A L

Role PMs have been sent out. You will receive a private message that informs you whether you are mafia, a normal townsperson, or the town doctor. If you are a mafia member, you will also receive the names of your teammate. Roles were assigned randomly, so don't think too hard about who might be who just yet. Here's some general advice for tonight, based on your role.

MAFIA, get in touch with your team. Private messages and things like Skype work, but in the past we've used google docs since it lets people coordinate without being online at the same time. As a team, pick a townie to kill, and have one of you PM me the name of the poor bloke.

DOCTOR, first off, don't tell anyone you're the doctor. Paints a target right on your back. You can protect someone every night, so might as well use it as much as you can. You can protect yourself tonight, but if you do, you won't be able to protect yourself again tomorrow. Can't target the same person twice in a row, after all. Generally, your job is to try to predict who the mafia's going to kill, and protect them. It's a hard job, so don't get upset if you guess wrong. If all else fails, look out for yourself. Oh yeah, and don't worry about giving yourself away. Your action won't show up in rollover at all unless you actually succeed at preventing a murder.

TOWN, I got nothing for ya. Sit pretty 'til daytime.

Not much to talk about tonight. Good time to introduce yourselves. Get to know one another. You'll be killing each other soon, so really, it's only polite.

The ratio is 2 mafia, 6 town.

Day 1 begins 9:00pm PST on Saturday, June 6

19New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:08 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Good luck everyone!

20New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Hello~ Hope this'll be a fun game~

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

21New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sammiya wrote:Hello~ Hope this'll be a fun game~

What do you mean "hope"? I think you mean THIS WILL BE A FUN GAME! all caps exclamation point

22New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Right, right, of course~ It'll always be fun~ (Just with a side of death. Possibly my own.)

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

23New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:33 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also, heads up to all the newbies (and maybe some of the vets if you're interested). As this is a newbie game, I'm completely open for questions or advice if you need it. Obviously, I won't tell you what anyone else's role is, but if you want to ask me, "Is this person a good target?" or "Can you read my post over and let me know if it sounds suspicious?" or even, "It's day phase and I have no idea what to talk about, what do I post?" I can give advice.

It will be vague, nonspecific advice like, "Well, generally you want to target someone you think will lead the discussion in-thread," and not, "Oh no, you should target that person instead" because I am the host and I am impartial like that.

You can reach me via PM, or if you'd like to add me on Skype, click the little Skype icon under my avatar over on the left there.

24New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:05 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Ah, hello and good luck to everyone! I caught wind of this from Kiyoko on another board. I've watched games of Mafia before, but never played it, so I thought I'd try it out!

Last edited by Luxaria on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra spaces ;;)

25New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:17 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Welcome welcome! So glad you could join us. I hope you have fun! And even though I just said this, I'm available to answer any questions you might have. :>

26New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

D A Y O N E

They don't find the body until morning. Rain's pouring in slantwise and whatever blood there was has long since washed away. The police have the crime scene cordoned off, but a keen-eyed observer might catch a glimpse of the face. Shame. The coppers are on the take, and those palms have already been greased with someone else's coin. Best take matters into your own hands.

DRANDAHL was killed. He was TOWN.

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 QzkTS0f

T U T O R I A L

It's day, and now as a group, you want to discuss which of the players among you might be mafia. The first day is always hard, as there isn't much information to go off of. Your goal is to produce that information by casting votes and by questioning one another.

MAFIA, you want to blend in with the town. Put yourself in the shoes of a player who doesn't know anything about any of the others. Don't get lynched, and don't let your partner get lynched, but be careful not to defend your partner too much. It'll give away the fact that you two are a team. Try to persuade town members to vote for other town members, but be subtle about it, because if you push too hard for a lynch on someone who turns up town when they kick it, that'll make you look fishy.

TOWN, If you have no suspicions whatsoever, you can sometimes fish for reactions by randomly voting another player and seeing how they respond. Remember that freaking out over a vote is not necessarily a sign of a player being town or mafia; veteran players are much more likely to stay cool under pressure, and neither town nor mafia wants to get lynched.

It's okay not to catch a mafia member this phase; your primary goal is information. The more voting activity and discussion you generate this phase, the more you'll have to discuss in later phases. It adds up.

DOCTOR, keep quiet about your role. While saying, "I'm doctor" might be a tempting defense, you can't actually prove it, and all it does is let mafia know who to target the following night. For all intents and purposes, you're just another townie.

To vote, please bold the phrase vote: [name] in your post. You can also vote: no lynch which means that you don't want anybody to get lynched, and vote: no vote which means you abstain from voting.

You can unvote at any time by bolding the word unvote (or unvote: name for clarity). You can change your vote as many times as you'd like.

Questions to consider while the discussions are ongoing throughout the day:

• Who votes for who?
  • Which votes are tiebreaking votes? Which votes create ties?
  • Which players claim to be suspicious of one another?
  • Which players defend other players?
  • Who's putting them out there and drawing attention to themselves?
  • Who's being quiet and playing it safe?

Answering those questions may not tell you who mafia is, but it might help you draw connections between players.

The ratio is 2 mafia, 5 town.

Night 1 begins 9:00pm PST on Sunday, June 7

27New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:11 pm

nautilus

nautilus

This kind of game is very new to me, but I'll try my best...

Um, so I don't really know why drandahl was killed. I read the other game and saw that drandahl was generating a lot of discussion and being active, even though they were mafia, so they might have been targeted because the mafia saw this as a threat from the town side? 

Then again, this game is full of new players, so it might also have been a random kill, and discussing the kill target might be moot. I don't know a lot of people in this game, so I think maybe some of the other players might be able to shed some light on things.

Last edited by nautilus on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

28New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:11 pm

drandahl

drandahl

When this is all over, it will be something we can look back on and laugh. Well, except for me. Because I'm dead.

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 D25

Good luck guys, I'll be rooting for you from the bleachers of heaven.

29New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:40 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Rest in peace, drandahl! ;v;

Umm I actually wasn't expecting drandahl to be the N0 target at all, and I've thought a lot about it but haven't really come to any conclusions yet. I'll write out my thoughts here.

Player list

• ALCASYNC
  • NAUTILUS
  • RASEI
  • SAMMIYA
  • MEGRID
  • LUXARIA
  • MR. ALICE

Of these people, two are mafia, and five are town.

Veteran players (as far as I'm aware?)

• ALCASYNC
  • SAMMIYA
  • MEGRID

I'm not sure about Rasei.

I'm guessing mafia would want to take out the stronger players first! So I was kind of expecting a veteran player to be a target. Maybe not Megrid because Megrid died N0 of the minimafia game. drandahl is a newer player, but maybe mafia thought that he was enough of a threat based on the way he played in the Wonderland game.

Also, there's the fact that we have a doctor to think about. Mafia might have thought that doctor would go protect the obviously strong players, and so they might have tried to go for a target that probably wouldn't be protected at night.

Alternatively, we have two brand new players (nautilus and luxaria, welcome!) and I suppose there's always the small chance that they're somehow both mafia and didn't know who to target and just picked someone randomly.

I'm clearly not a detective because the only power role in this game is doctor, so there's no special reasoning behind my vote, but someone needs to be the first to vote so...!

vote: Sammiya

B-because you're the only person here that I've played more than one game with. ;v;

Woah, this is a long post!

30New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:40 pm

alcasync

alcasync

double-post so Kiyoko can get pagetop!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum