Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book Recommendations

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Book Recommendations Empty Book Recommendations Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:28 pm

drandahl

drandahl

In the spirit of mafia, anyone recommend any good hard-boiled fiction?

2Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I'm sure Pan can back me up because I remember him really liking this book too, but.

Good Omens

If you're not sure why you should read this book, here are some select quotes.

God moves in extremely mysterious, not to say, circuitous ways. God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players*, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

* ie., everybody

Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.

Death and Famine and War and Pollution continued biking toward Tadfield.
And Grievous Bodily Harm, Cruelty to Animals, Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given Them A Good Thumping But Secretly No Alcohol Lager, and Really Cool People traveled with them.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

3Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Most of Terry Pratchett's books are good. A good detective series for slightly older people (As in 18 or above) is the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman. It's about a psychologist who helps his cop best friend solve crimes, through there are crimes in there that might make people go yuck.

4Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Terry Pratchett is/was my favorite author. GNU Terry Pratchett.

I've been looking for a good detective series. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

5Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Ok this is like waaaaaay old and might be a little juvenile because I read this when I was in junior high, but I remember really loving The Cat Who... series.

I mean it's literally about this old guy who solves little mysteries with his two twin cats, so...there was no way I wouldn't like it, haha.

6Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Oh I love The Cat Who... series! I own only three or four near the beginning... but Koko is so precious.

7Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

BLESS UR HEART

8Book Recommendations Empty Re: Book Recommendations Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I picked up some ...In Death by J.D. Robb series earlier today. It's has an interesting view about crime fighting in the 2060s.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum