Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN]

+9
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
ezzelin
Aeiou
drandahl
Mr. Gerbear
Luxaria
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 41]

391Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Yeah like I said, I kinda feel like I never got my own momentum going because I missed the first part of the game so I am a bit unmotivated

And tired. I haven't recovered from that road trip. It wasn't exactly a vacation lol :(

392Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I dropped my car off at a car wash place rendering me carless and then remembered I needed to get a vaccination today and the hospital closed in 30 min, so I jogged to the hospital in about 15min but immunizations was already closed skfjdndlsis they squeezed me in luckily since they were still around just not supposed to be open. I wanted to use this time for mafia haha

So with the NK since I see some discussion on it but not much of a break down sooo in the wise words of lucio lets break it down.

Town!Lux is telling the truth and shot tiki
Mafia and tiki shot katze
Lux explained her reasoning and tiki explained before rollover he'd be shooting katze so it'd be easy for mafia to also take katze down

Or

Mafia!lux pretty much would've been I'm control of two shots and shit both katze and tiki eliminating two town in one night.
And tiki shot katze

I guess the third possibility would be that town!lux lied and shot katze and mafia shot tiki but idk why lux would feel the need to lie so I don't think it's likely that this is a real thing.

Also Yeah my phone keeps autocorrecting to shit for shot and I missed one but iPhone is garbage at letting you select specific words to replace imo so it's staying there.

Anyways this does put lux in a strange position of looking scummy no matter her alignment. I'm still not sure what to make of it but I think I'm still in camp I want to trust lux because she's a good player with good thoughts and reads but at the same time I also don't want her to be leading everyone astray. Bleh. I wanted to post more since I was awake earlier while people were playing but now it's past that and I want to go do things again so I might wait to make a post about spec a little later

393Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:32 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I know you havent had time to catch up Gerry but you could comment maybe on how you feel about that rollover or any part youve been able to pay attention to? I know its hard to really spec without being able to fully catch up but maybe you have some good ideas on methods to playing this game since the set up is unusual. Idk that also goes to Ezz and Blaire since I know youve had trouble with no roles to also go off of but I think there might be other things to comment on. This round might be different if we all actually vote instead of leaving it up to one person.

No matter who we choose to lynch they wont actually die this phase so it'll still be 2:5 ratio. Next day phase would be 2:4 at best or 2:3 at worst (or I guess if the NK would be randomly held off then the ratio could still be 2:5 but Im not optimistic for that). I was trying to think of all the ways town or mafia would end up with gun and how theyd be used but its exhausting and circular. Even if the most town of town gets the gun it could still end in just town casualties. Did I ever mention I dont like guns?

I also worry if we decide to lynch Lux and shes not mafia then town wont be as talkative since she seems like shes pretty much carrying the thread with the players left.
I feel like I need to go back and read this whole game over from the beginning. All of this is rambling and not very important lol sorry. I'll come back later tonight and try to make a new spec post on people.

394Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:12 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Aeiou wrote:No matter who we choose to lynch they wont actually die this phase so it'll still be 2:5 ratio. Next day phase would be 2:4 at best or 2:3 at worst (or I guess if the NK would be randomly held off then the ratio could still be 2:5 but Im not optimistic for that). I was trying to think of all the ways town or mafia would end up with gun and how theyd be used but its exhausting and circular. Even if the most town of town gets the gun it could still end in just town casualties. Did I ever mention I dont like guns?

The way I see it, there's three options

1. Vote to lynch a player you think is more likely to be town than not and get them to shoot a player that's more likely to be mafia than not. Then lynch that mafia-seeming player. That requires a lot of guesswork and uncertainty, and it's all mildly broadcast so mafia know what's up, unfortunately. It also more than likely means trading 1:1, but that does kind of favor town in a way.

2. Vote to lynch a player you think is more likely to be mafia than not. You let them use a gun to see what they'll do, and then possibly lynch them again the next day. With the gun they can set up the game more in mafia's hands or do a double-shot if, again, they want to trade 1:1. Idk.

3. No one votes at all. Mafia has to make the first move via NK. I'm not quite sure if this has long-term payoff, especially sine short-term it lowers our already incredibly low information.

I also don't know if it's even wise to actively say which direction we want to take it, lest mafia work around it.

@ Gerry
If you don't have motivation to play, would you consider asking to be replaced? If you're town, it's really not fair to the rest of us to have you sitting there saying you don't really feel compelled to get a foothold in the thread or offer anything. If you're mafia, yeah I get it, mafia do that. I don't like replacements since it's disruptive and asks a lot of them to dive in and contribute, but all the same. I mean no offense with this, also. I like playing with you. I just don't want to make you feel like you're a prisoner in here when you're not really up to it. There will be more games, you know?

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I hope to see at least some posts before I wake up.

395Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:15 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

hi so I actually did get sick. I feel terrible I have fever and everything hurts even my skin!!! I hate everything.

I attempted to catch up but honestly I have no energy to read through giant walls of texts atm. I'd appreciate any kind of summary. I'll also probably make another attempt at catching up later if I can knock down my fever a notch because rn all I can do is lie down and burn.

396Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:25 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Rubs chin

I'm a little busy till the afternoon and I'm posting on mobile right now (risky business, I know) but I'm honestly kind of inclined to not Lynch this phase to finally force the mafia's hand. But I am in two camps with that.

No Lynch means no information and no guns. It gives the mafia a free shot at our killproofs. It also means we aren't showing as much destruction when it comes to the town itself.

Alternatively, we need to act. We can't descum people without acting. I feel more comfortable doing something proactive over sitting around with a thumb up my ass waiting for a bear to maul me.

When I am able to later today I'm going to make a list of who I'd be okay giving a gun to

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

397Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

I'm here with slightly lower fever, but idk how long I can stay up. gonna try to read the textwalls that I skipped before and I'd appreciate it if we can decide on voting plans a bit earlier, because I sure as fuck ain't getting up in the middle of the night to vote.

398Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:28 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

I hope you feel better! ;w;

So uh, quick roll call:

Who do we even still have here at this point? Rasei apparently has no keyboard, Gerry has no motivation, ezz has no health, Blaire has no roles/Blaire (ilu pls come here and say things to me). Ninfia and Aeiou are around, though, which is making up for the early game somewhat (I know you're both busy, I appreciate you a lot!!).

There's not enough ratio padding and lynches to just systematically remove all of you. One of the reasons I even shot Tiki because he was sick and couldn't play (ALSO FEEL BETTER PLEASE). Is it just a bad time? Or can we still even do this?

I almost want to advocate no votes today just to buy time until people are actually around, but I worry long-term that's a losing option.

399Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:34 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 RSojwXI

400Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:50 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I'm fine, just a bit tired. Everyone here has issues to deal with.

Besides, this really isn't that much different to how I play in general lol and I HAVE been contributing to an extent but, as usual, anything i say is summarily ignored in favor of other players' long spec posts............ I mean, I have caught up. I've read everything in this thread. I just don't have much to conclude because of how little concrete information we have.

Besides, everybody's also been saying oh, Gerry's a good candidate for death, let's consider killing him. So if it's the pro-town thing to do, then why am I being criticized for acquiescing to consensus? :V

So let's get this started. I'm suing myself. Vote: Mr. Gerbear. Gimme a gun. Here's the thing: I can't shake the Lux is maf feeling, so if Lux doesn't want to be lynched, I'm going to shoot her.

It's SO EASY for Lux to pass as town because Lux is always helpful and has great insight. There IS a huge trade-off tho; I do recognize that if Lux were town, killing her would be a huge loss. But what if she's maf

Shrug

At this point, anything is possible

401Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:08 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

ezzelin wrote:I'm here with slightly lower fever, but idk how long I can stay up. gonna try to read the textwalls that I skipped before and I'd appreciate it if we can decide on voting plans a bit earlier, because I sure as fuck ain't getting up in the middle of the night to vote.

Here's to hoping we both get well soon (along with other sick friends).

402Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:08 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

Ok I really wanted to reread posts and make better decisions but Im running out of time if I want to wake up some point before rollover (im actually past that but uhh I might wake up a bit before rollover and see whats happening and change my vote if need be then go back to bed) SO I STARTED some spec but Im getting too tired to focus, and I was reading least active people first and saving Ninfia and Lux for last and I didnt really get into it. Sorry. Heres what little I had.

Mr. Gerbear - mostly been absent

ezzelin - has been sick so she hasnt posted much but I think she's made some decent points and theories and did some spec earlier. Although I dont really agree with some things like doubling up guns so Im a little eh

Mr. Alice - a fucking jokester

Rasei - Hasnt posted much since d1. It really hard to think much of anything one way or the other. I was leaning town mostly because her reaction to dran just reminded me of town!rasei but I dont remember how a maf!rasei acts?? Theres really nothing else I can say about Rasei I dont think lol

I do have a feeling that at least one of the two mafia is one of the more inactive (which makes sense percentage wise anyways? I think?? WHAT IS MATH??) and I feel like they are playing really passively which is also something to consider (the no NK and then just taking easy shots). So I think mafia is either 1 active/1 inactive or 2 inactive. I'm also hesitant to have ninfia or lux die just yet because I feel like the thread discussion might die out although at the same time I think their deaths would give the most info? Since they've been lately the ones talking. However Im just feeling like the safer bet is to go with an inactive hhh hmm I also didnt get to reread lu/ninfia posts so I feel a little iffy making a vote off that

Ezzelin looks like she is going to try and spec which I appreciate. Rasei literally hasnt been around at all so I'd like to give her more of a chance if she can come back? Then Blaire and Gerry have been posting enough to let us know they are here but not anything much of substance.

vote: Gerry for being a bear

like I said Ill try and pop in before rollover ;^;
I dont know what Im doing

E: Hang on, ninja'd by fucking everyone

403Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

I don't understand you, though. You've made a few comments on mechanical design and said I'm mafia--that's your main read as far as I remember, but you won't give any specifics as to why. You just keep saying, "I have a feeling."

Why? What specific thing can you point to? What concrete thoughts do you have? What links you to that conclusion? Why don't you think other people are mafia by the same token? If you have a metric for who seems mafia, then you have to have a metric for who seems town. I think you said "ezz and vowels don't feel mafia"--why? What, specifically, precludes them? What makes them seem pro-town to you? Saying, "It's easy for Lux to pass as town because she's helpful" is such a weird statement I can't even work with. That's like saying, "She's so pro-town right now that she could be mafia." What am I supposed to do about that? Stop playing? Yes, we're low on information. But you can't just say you're being ignored or that you're trying to contribute when on the other hand you start saying:

Mr. Gerbear wrote:I kinda feel like I never got my own momentum going because I missed the first part of the game so I am a bit unmotivated

What does this say to the thread? It's just saying you don't feel like playing, instead of saying, "Well I do have these thoughts, but I feel like I'm not being heard." But we want you to play. I keep asking you for your thoughts--and everyone--because the only way we get through this is by talking and making concrete points for reference and discussion. Wishy-washy feelings does little to help town. It's hard to build a tower of speculation if the foundation is so weak.

I can't remember off the top of my head how it all went down for your posts, but I did read them, take them into thought, weighed you in with the whole. I was also time-consumed by responding to katze a lot of the last phase, so if I overlooked you I personally and sincerely apologize. But I keep trying to prod you because I want your thoughts and opinions on new developments, not self-defeatism. You can be a good player. Don't silence yourself.

What can we do for you to make this easier?

404Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I'm just going to stay up until rollover and scowl tbh

405Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 27 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:27 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Aeiou wrote:but I dont remember how a maf!rasei acts?? Theres really nothing else I can say about Rasei I dont think lol

She tends to try and reinforce/cheer towny things and blend in, and then kind of lays low for the rest of it. That's usually my experience, anyway? But I don't know how to approach her in this instance due to her circumstances. I know she's not really the type to lie about out-of-game stuff, but all the same she's a giant question mark and we can't get anything out of her, and if we want to get rid of her it's basically Shoot + Lynch. Which also maximizes the time for her to return, but if she's a town that just literally can't post, well then we're fucked.

Aeiou wrote:Ezzelin looks like she is going to try and spec which I appreciate.

From what I know of her timezone, if she's sick she's probably only got a few more hours left in her, and she might not be around again before rollover. I hope so, but I'm also more concerned about her feeling better. All the same, it's the same situation as Rasei where we have 1-2 posts from ezz to really work with, and a lot of them were musing over guns. Which, I had problems with, but there's that. She could just be a town that literally can't post, in which case we're fucked.

I addressed Gerry above. Blaire is playing like Blaire, but less gung-ho since she has less to work with, and I don't know if we can really give her much more, but I want to try. I don't have any major thoughts on Ninfia, but I also did find her assessments of the situation between me and katze to be inaccurate, but I realize she was also still reading as she said it. I want her to clarify what she meant in the last post she made re: me No Voting, because that felt really weird considering thread consensus. As for you, Vowels, I still don't have strong indications, but you're talking so I don't want to lose you right now no matter your alignment. I find your thoughts reasonable and haven't yet sensed anything weird, but if you're mafia gj on that. This is why I might want to give you a gun because I'd trust you to shoot a mafia possibly more than the rest, but then you'd probably die if you are town, in which case we're fucked.

also pls don't deprive yourself of sleep, even if I need you. ;w;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum