Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 62]

481Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:27 pm

nautilus

nautilus

So you're a compulsive vig, basically. Ok

why do i keep pagetopping I'll update the masterpost and head to bed

Masterpost:

Last edited by Nautilus! At The Disco on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

482Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

That role is horrifying but tbh if Tiki is really compulsive vig it's at least guaranteed to be a town role.

Also @Mitsu I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting what I said.

I got two things last night.

1) A boost that's tailored to my role, and lets me choose one of three buffs for my ability.

2) The continuation of the Mafia Symphony game that's on the frontpage.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

483Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Rasei

Rasei

That is scary, but it's good for town. If we could protect Tiki, it sort of could be like our own night kill!

484Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Arctic Monkiyoko wrote:That role is horrifying but tbh if Tiki is really compulsive vig it's at least guaranteed to be a town role.

You spelled "amazing" wrong.

485Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:38 pm

nautilus

nautilus

OHHHH I... totally forgot that minigame existed I am the worst ;_; Disregard me sob. I had thought you had somehow gotten another minigame that was only sent to you on top of the boost as two separate things, but I forgot... about... the collaborative front page one...

/crawls into pit

486Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Huh. I wonder if Tiki and demon are the two neutrals.

I know Tiki's denied it but having a linked role like that is unusual and we do have exactly two neutrals.

Then again the vig achievement is town only and Tiki did just celebrate about the achievement so. idk. I'm fine thinking that Tiki is town for now but I'm also fine revisiting our assumptions on who we all think is town once it's time to hunt down malicious neutral.

idk man something about this whole angel/ezz/Tiki thing seems off to me but I don't really know what which is why I'm rambling about this so much.

I'm totally comfortable thinking Tiki is town for now though so I guess I'll drop it.

Still waiting to hear from people so that I can hear from other people who are waiting on those people etc. etc. I guess.

---

e: while I'm here, I refuse to waste this phase waiting for people to talk, so off the top of my head:

Lux is waiting for Everyone To Have A Say
Rasei is waiting for Lux
Blaire is waiting for Lucas
I'm waiting for Shi-Ra, Ace and Lucas (and then Blaire after Lucas)

If someone doesn't post today while we're all waiting on them and we waste a whole day phase waiting for people to talk, Tiki, you should shoot them in the face.

487Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Mitsu wrote:- There were f...ive people up for vote, six if you count no lynch (Lucas, She-Ra, Ace, ezzelin, Cure, no lynch)
- Angel wasn't even one of the six people up for lynch and I don't think anyone was really actively suspecting her more than any other person

Mitsu wrote:The only options I can see are that the mafia is really disjointed and doesn't have a solid plan, was really committed to gambling on making ezz seem town for some reason (either just for speculation's sake or because ezz had a strong role), thought Angel had a role that they really wanted to force out, or the majority of the people up for vote last phase were actually mafia and they needed an out to avoid lynching one of their own???? Or maybe they just wanted to mess around idek

Hm. I feel it's safe to say at least one of angel and ezz was mafia. We can rule out both being town since even if angel were miller, ezz's role indicates that miller would not count per her role's parameters. And I'm guessing mafia would not have tailored angel randomly prior to that, though it's not impossible... but I'm guessing it also doesn't set off ezz's proposed role. (Confused myself for a moment; in this context, maf!angel tailored to be town should still have set off town!ezzelin's role if it worked as she described)

We also know Cure was town, meaning that leaves Lucas, She-Ra, Ace, and then ezzelin if you favor angel as being the town half of that play (no way they're both mafia since that... makes no sense--why do a gambit to look pro-town when you can just help vote out a mafia, anyway, without wasting any roles?).

For mafia to freak and enter crisis management, I'd expect more than two of them to be up for vote (in this case, meaning ezz and 2/3 or 3/3 of the remaining people up for vote). Even still, that's D2 vote with a bunch of them sitting around 1 or 2 votes, iirc? It would have to be a huge overreaction, and Cure was still a lynch people would not have looked at too hard, I think, if they tried to push at it. I was even tempted to vote her.

So then let's say they did enter crisis management because 3 or 4 of them were up for lynch. They then do the following:

Scenario 1:

Result: Used 1-2 tailors and a vigilante kill to get one mafia to look pro-town. In this case if it's Tiki, serves as an answer to previous hints about his role. This also mildly links into his claims that there's a chance the ratio can drop really fast (actually, we did lose 3 people tonight...).

Scenario 2:

Result: Used fake interlude, and possibly a vigilante shot if you buy the second route. In this, mafia merely tried to paint angel as town and hoped they could appear pro-town enough via claiming (ezz) and talking about it in a way that made sense for town. Also, might have planned to do this from the start... but I feel like if this was your plan from the start, why wouldn't you tailor angelstar (edit: unless you didn't have one)? Alternative route also expends a vigilante kill for a pro-town claim, which... I'm not sure how I'd weigh that. Letting town try to lynch ezz or puzzle about her is a delaying tactic, versus Tiki shooting someone else (town/third party) and just saying "SHIT I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT HAPPEN" and has reasonable excuse.

Problems with these two: The second one makes the most sense in terms of expenditure of roles, however it makes the least sense in terms of a plan. The first one makes more sense as a plan, sans mafia sending a vigilante kill in on the target, but it's an awful lot to throw at a gambit. I'd say the first is a fair gambit if you don't expect ezzelin to just get hit by a town vigilante, which she may as well have. But as to Kiyoko's query, I feel like mafia using the vigilante and everything else gets them so little? Because ezzelin had been very quiet up until that point, and I only remember angelstar commenting on me and... maybe one? two? others? So they weren't deeply entrenched enough to sow confusion, meaning mafia gave up a lot to make... a singular town look scummy post-humously when everyone was already a little skeptical about ezzelin's claim. And then, if Tiki's claiming, Tiki sounds pro-town, but I don't think we--or at least I'm not--about to wholly let Tiki off the hook until he explains more of his role.

For that matter, now that your role has apparently done a thing, are you going to tell us more about it? Because you've hinted the ratio will drop rapidly and it did, so I'm a little curious/concerned if we need to anticipate multiple kills.

Even if Tiki does claim ezzelin's death, we still have a third one that's unsolved.

Moving on from all of that:

@ Rasei
For what it's worth since anyone could just say this, I promise I am neither mafia nor the malicious third party. You needn't worry.

@ Kiyoko
Color me intrigued, though there might be a chance... it is chinomi's boost? But like I said, waiting to see what's said after everyone posts. Did what she say contradict what you got? I thought she seemed vague, but? I'll stand by whatever decision you make regarding targeting decisions.

Tl;dr: I lost my train of thought for this since I just saw a ton of posts. Uhhh, I can see either outlined scenario as viable. "The second one makes the most sense in terms of expenditure of roles, however it makes the least sense in terms of a plan. The first one makes more sense as a plan, sans mafia sending a vigilante kill in on the target, but it's an awful lot to throw at a gambit." Directed a few comments at players, ahhhhh

catching up
cries I am actually too lux didn't read how did this happen to me

Last edited by Luxariana Grande on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

488Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:59 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Going to sleep now, but I'd be interested in seeing everyone that Kiyoko outlined in her post talk.

I have a certain feeling towards someone I'd like to vote for, but I'd also like to give them the benefit of the doubt and hear them speak first before I do so.

489Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Jason Derulo....

ok no kiyo's right, i don't like all this waiting happening, but i actually do have some Really Important Errands to run tomorrow so i might not be here for much of tomorrow before rollover, but if i get back and lucas hasn't said his thing yet then idk what's gonna happen man, shit's cray

490Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

It could very well be a pizza boost and since plot is dead there's no way to confirm. In any case unless chinomi straight up goes "Wait that sounds like my boost" I'll assume it wasn't chinomi. Although I guess you were supposed to have been hit with a boost and you didn't get one so. ????

In any case I'm assuming it's pizza (since plot flipped town and there's gotta be a benefit to a voluntary stun from a town) unless anyone says otherwise.

I pretty much agree with you that the easiest answer is "maf!ezz tried to pull a gambit and town!Tiki killed ezz" but the timing for maf!ezz pulling a gambit is super weird. Which is why I'm comfortable thinking Tiki is town for now but not 100% ready to consider him clear until we can get more of the mysteries resolved. Thank you for laying all of that out, though. It helped me get my own thoughts in order.

I'm a little ????? about the jail target today (Aeiou) does anyone have any opinions on this? Since we'd been leaning towards maf jailer. Also friendly reminder that we're missing a stun in rollover, since the only stun was the voluntary pizza stun on me. If Aeiou is stun then I'm inclined to think Aeiou is town (sorry for outing you through spec like this if you are actually stunner but at least I think you're town now???)

so... hm. Yeah I guess all that I can do for now is wait on the people who still need to talk. I'll quiet down some so that they don't have as much to read through when they get back.

491Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Arctic Monkiyoko wrote:If someone doesn't post today while we're all waiting on them and we waste a whole day phase waiting for people to talk, Tiki, you should shoot them in the face.

This is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me in a Mafia game.

Well, in thread, anyway. You said plenty of awesome things to me behind the scenes in our one stint as fellow Mafia as well. :D

But yes, this is also why I still wanted a very spec heavy game, despite wanting no D1 lynch. That way I could still eliminate the scummy folk later. Granted, now that the cat is completely out of the bag, I'm sure the Maf will want to circumvent my actions at night, if not outright eliminate me, so vote away today!

We just have a second vote on the night phase, to direct me at our target. XD

492Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Tiki the Troll wrote:TIKI HAS AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF KILLS, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jfc.

Tiki the Troll wrote:Well, that's because them using their power is the ONLY thing aside from a stun or jail that lets me not act. XD

Hmm, I see. Is it using their power on you like you implied D1? I think? Or is it just using it in general?

So in this case, I'm guessing your role reads:

1. KILL EVERYTHING
2. but only sometimes

Right? That's all there is to it?

I'm inclined to think Tiki is probably town and not a third party, so as long as he continues to have a verifiable role and doesn't mysteriously clam up, I'm not worried ab--wait of course I'm fucking worried jfc that's so many kills. oh god please don't murder town too hard

But yeah, not going to look at Tiki for now. And well done, Tiki. Good aim. Even if ezz was the town side of the angelezzbowl (fucking confirmed), technically that's a guaranteed 1:1 trade of a town for a mafia in there given all variables... so....

@ Kiyoko
Yeah, I only want to stay silent for now to see if the person that should have the boost claims it. If not, we have a mystery on our hands that can mean several things. As a show of good faith, though, I will say that, yes, I have driving capabilities. But there's so much more to it than that, which I'll likely get to later.

Kiyoko wrote:In any case unless chinomi straight up goes "Wait that sounds like my boost" I'll assume it wasn't chinomi. Although I guess you were supposed to have been hit with a boost and you didn't get one so. ????

Yeah, that's just why I want to see if the target that should have it says anything. But I am inclined to agree that I... think your boon is probably originating from plot given the circumstances.

@ chinomi
The recipient would be informed after rollover, right? I'll double-check in a moment to see if you commented on that at all.

p.s. np for laying it out kiyoqt <3
I have no thoughts on the jail target just yet, but I'll try to think on that later. brain fried atm.

493Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:28 pm

chinomi

chinomi

Luxariana Grande wrote:
@ chinomi
The recipient would be informed after rollover, right? I'll double-check in a moment to see if you commented on that at all.

i have nooooooooo idea. to be honest, i think it would depend on what kind of boost we're talking about. if the person whom i boosted were investigative they'd probably just automatically get two alignments or something? or they'd get more information on their target?

either way i wasted one of my uses it seems ;___;

494Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm sorry ;w;

I'M REALLY SORRY I WOULD HAVE PUT IT TO AS GOOD A USE AS COULD BE MANAGED WAAAAH.

actually tbh I'm not sure how useful it'd be on me in terms of effective value versus other players/roles.

puts a flower in chinomi's hair ;w;

495Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 33 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Cure

Cure

Luxariana Grande wrote:angelezzbowl (fucking confirmed)

NO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum