Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

i can has NIGHT FOUR?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

181 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Kiyoko

Admin
G4M3 0V3R

Katagi was stunned from acting and sending quirks.
Entelechy was stunned from acting and sending quirks.
Cure was jailed (only blocks actions, does not block sending quirks).
Ace was jailed (only blocks actions, does not block sending quirks).
Entelechy was killed. They were Zalgo. They were town.

Mafia win.

mmm whatcha say

3M:3T:2N

View user profile http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

182 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 pm

*gives puppy eyes at Kiyoko*

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

183 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Well...that's that, I guess.

Y'know, I've been playing this game ever since I signed up for the inaugural Alice in Wonderland game. Signed up for it on May 27, a day before my birthday.

Even before then, thinking about the game, there's been something i wanted to do, never getting the chance. So, pretty much exactly a year ago, to the day.

...Well...until now:

IT WAS ME, TOWN
IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, TOWN

Tiki The Troll wrote:
Luxaria wrote:Words
Something
I give up

But these were both great! D= And a distraction from

ROLLOVER ANXIETY

Please, oh please, oh please be right! D= Epic stunmaneuver
Hey Cure, wanna see how much of a RAIEs you get outta me?
Know what rhyme's with your name, Rasei? "My BAE." How about I call you that instead?
Hey, Tet...I have nothing clever to say, but wanna make out?

MAFIA

Tiki The Troll wrote:
Luxaria wrote:Words
Something
I give up

But these were both great! D= And a distraction from

ROLLOVER ANXIETY

Please, oh please, oh please be right! D= Epic stunmaneuver
Know what rhyme's with your name, Rasei? "My BAE." How about I call you that instead?

MANEUVER

Tiki The Troll wrote:Please, oh please, oh please be right! D= Epic stunmaneuver

184 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 pm

poops

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

185 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Soon after I sent my meme, I realized I should've made it Dear Sister/Mmmmm whatcha say.

Congrats, T3t/Dylan/Tiki!

I give her pretty words, but she sends me the mod kill.
View user profile

186 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:03 pm

... ... ... I didn't see that coming...

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

187 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Kiyoko

Admin
Roles:

RASEI

You are Rick Roll. You are neutral.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may not target yourself. Your ability will fail if you target the other neutral, or you target someone who has already used the other neutral’s quirk. If the player is a valid target, they will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

Some time during this day phase, include a link to this video hidden somewhere in your post. Bonus points if you can trick other players into getting rickrolled, but all you need to do is include the link.

If they succeed, they will get the following message at the beginning of the next night phase:

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For this night only, you may designate two players to receive your quirk and ability.

You win if four players successfully use your quirk (even if some of them have died). When this happens, all four players will learn each others' role names, but not alignments or abilities.

GERRY

You are Epic Sax Guy. You are neutral.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may not target yourself. Your ability will fail if you target the other neutral, or you target someone who has already used the other neutral’s quirk. If the player is a valid target, they will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

Some time during this day phase, include a link to this video hidden somewhere in your post. Bonus points if you can trick other players into getting saxrolled, but all you need to do is include the link.

If they succeed, they will get the following message at the beginning of the next night phase:

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For this night only, you may designate two players to receive your quirk and ability.

You win if four players successfully use your quirk (even if some of them have died). When this happens, all four players will learn each others' role names, but not alignments or abilities.

DYLAN

You are I Put on My Robe and Wizard Hat. You are mafia. Your teammates are T3tsuya and Tiki The Troll.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may target yourself, though you may not want to admit this in thread since no town can target themselves. Your target will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

Post at least three unique pickup lines during the next phase.

If they succeed, they will get the following message at the beginning of the next night phase (with caveats, see below):

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Congratulations! With your sexual prowess, you have gathered enough mana to cast Mighty F*ck of the Beyondness. Once in the game, during any night, you can cast your spell to seduce one player, preventing them from acting but also protecting them from kills. If you are stunned out of casting Mighty F*ck of the Beyondness, you don’t lose your mana, so you can cast it again until it succeeds.

Unbeknownst to the target (unless you target a mafia member), this jail works as normal on town, and will protect but not stun mafia members, though it will still appear in rollover as a jail in either case. Furthermore, while a player’s mana bar is full, their alignment will appear as ??? upon investigation and death, as their robe and wizard hat will conceal their identity.

TET

You are やらないか?. You are mafia. Your teammates are drandahl and Tiki The Troll.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may not target yourself. Your target will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

やらないか?

Post the word “yes” as its own post in thread during the next phase.

If they succeed, you will be able to write a fake ability for them to receive at the beginning of the following night phase. You can put whatever you want in there, and if the player attempts to use this ability it will appear to any watcher or tracker roles as them acting, but the role itself will have no effect. Keep this in mind when writing your fake ability:

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

[your text here]

Unbeknownst to the target, your role actually allows you to gain control of their actions for the next night phase. Targeting someone for a quirk counts as an action you can control. You will receive a PM telling you how many actions they have and how many targets for each action, but not what the action is.

Example: “[TARGET] has two possible actions they can take. Action A: 1 target. Action B: 2 targets.” -> “I want to use Action A on [PLAYER A] and Action B on [PLAYER B] and [PLAYER C].”

You will also gain control of their vote for the next day phase. PM me what you want to change their vote to; the vote change will be hidden from vote tallies.

TIKI

You are Epic Maneuver. You are mafia. Your teammates are T3tsuya and drandahl.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may target yourself, though you may not want to admit this in thread since no town can target themselves. Your target will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

Include exactly one of the following four phrases somewhere in one of your posts during the next phase:

Epic protection maneuver
Epic stun maneuver
Epic redirection maneuver
Epic investigation maneuver

You will get an ability based on which one you choose. You may hide the phrase by putting it in small font or with a #fbfbfb font color, but it has to be the whole phrase as is because if I can’t ctrl+F and find it, I won’t count it. If you want to make it easier on me by PMing me the URL of the post it’s in, that would help.

If they succeed, they will get their respective message at the beginning of the next night phase (with caveats, see below):

Protection PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For the next night phase, target a player. That player will be immune to all night actions including kills, though they can still be given quirks. You may not target yourself.

Stun PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For the next night phase, target a player to stun them from both taking actions and from sending quirks.

Redirection PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For the next night phase, target a player to redirect every action they take onto a target of your choice. This redirects both normal actions and sending quirks.

Investigation PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For the next night phase, target a player and receive their full role PM.

LUX

You are Merely a Setback. You are town.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may not target yourself. Your target will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

Make a long-winded speech. At least once during the next phase, write a post that contains at least 1000 words.

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Don’t look so smug! I know what you’re thinking, but the night kill was merely a setback. During the next night, target a player to protect them from kills. You may not protect yourself.

DUCK

You are Zalgo. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

At least one of your posts for this phase must be written in Zalgo. Feel free to use this generator to help you out.

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

h̹͎̗̦̯͔͙̥̲̆̈́̈́̃́͑͌̊͝e̛͇͚̺̝̥͙̩̻̿̇̍̽̈́̈́̀̈́͜ ̧̻͉͙̝̻̫͚̔̆̆̈́̆̈́͒̕͠ͅc̨̛͎̱̰̦̜̪̦̒̌̐̈͑́̕͜͠o̡̱͚̹̣͕̳͙̤͌̈́͐̎̓̉̐̅̚m̥͈͍̱̦̥͍̺̺͛̉̉͛͆̄̆͌͑ë̢̺͔̹̫̖̱̤̝́̔͗̍̇̓̈̐͘ş̡̡̖͉͖̗̦̟͒̑̑́͂̈́̀̃͑,̱̮̦͕͈̝͉͚͆̈́̈́͊͑͊̆͋̿ͅ ̯͕͈͚̗̰̳̱̗̏̋̃̃̈́̋̍͠͝å̞͚͍̮͓͇̺̼͍͛̃̈́̈́̎͘͝͠n̡̛̜̭̥̹̩̜̦̪͛͑̀̅̀̉̆̍ḓ̦͈̬̹͇̝̩̖͊̾͗̌͌͆͗̀̚ ̛̱͙̗̲̬̞̣͙̥͑̃̄̓̂̇̕͝ḩ̧̧͖͉͉͕͉̫̒͐́̅̍̀̋̉͘ę̡͔̮̯͍͚̭̘́̀̎̌͑̈͘͘͝ ̧͇̫͖̲̹̦̪̹̽̌̈́̉͋͌̉̍̐c̨̺̖̹̳̭̪̭̪̋̓̈̍̅̏̊̄̒ö̜̥̠̫̩̙͎͓̈̂̃́͗̄͝͝ͅm̨̛̖̱͖̦͔̲͎̙͗̉͋̅̑͋̏̍e̢͈̮̺̩̞̗̱͓͛̈́̈́̅͊͆͆͠͝s̘̩̜͔̺̗̭̞̪̍͒̆̄̾͐͌̈́͘ ̡̼̙͕̞̳̳̓̍̌̇͋̌̕͜͜͠͝ì̡̜̹̮̬̹̲͚͎͐͆̄̊͊̽͝͝ń͚̦͍̲̳̙̲̠̓̇̾̈́̄̉͊̂ͅ ̡̧̮͉̫͕̤̳͆̐͌̽́̈́̇̾͘͜â̢̼͔͓̮̱̣͈̘̽͒̌͗̚͝͝͝ ̛̱̞̭͇͔̺̙͇̎̓̈́̇̄̊͋̕͜b̡̧̨͈͍̦͕̙̳̏̆̇̏̌̃͒͆͠u̧̘̜̦̗͓̪͎̤̽͑͆̔́̇̓̄͘s͍͇̺̘̩͍̹̺͇͂͆̃͒̉̇̇̋̑

During the next night, target two players to bus them. All actions and quirks originally targeted at player A will instead hit player B, all actions and quirks originally targeted at player B will instead hit player A.

FIVE

You are Onyxia Wipe Animation. You are town.

Thrice in the game, and only at night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may not target yourself. Your target will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase:

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

During the next day phase, include at least 1000 dots in one of your posts. You can copy and paste for convenience.
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

If they fail to adhere to the quirk, you won’t use up one of your four uses. If they succeed, they will get the following message at the beginning of the next night phase:

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Okay listen the fuck up, you are going to dps very very slowly. Now, and by slowly I mean fucking slow. You now have a vig kill. You can hold onto it for as long as you want, but you can only fire it at night. The actual kill will go through two full phases later, so if you fire on N1, your kill will happen on N2.

The kill works as a normal night action, and can be stunned or protected against. Stuns only go block you on the phase that you try to act (N1 in the above example). If you are stunned out of using your kill, you won’t lose your shot. Protects only block you on the phase that the kill lands (N2 in the above example). If your kill is protected against, you will lose your shot.

ACE

You are Philosoraptor. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

For the whole phase, every post you make must end in a question. You can write a normal post and just tack an irrelevant question on the end if you want. You may not repeat questions within the same phase. Got it?

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Is the ocean salty because the land doesn’t wave back? Do spiders in europe have 2.4384 meters instead of 8 feet? How many calories can you burn by jumping to conclusions? During the next night phase, ask a yes-or-no question. The question cannot contain references to specific players, town, or mafia, and if you try to cheat this rule by saying something like “the alignment that starts with M” I will consider that an invalid question.

Examples of valid questions: Is there a vigilante in the game? Is the ratio accurate? Is it true that a woodchuck would chuck enough to support a growing carpentry business if a woodchuck could chuck wood? If that woodchuck is successful enough to become a CEO, would it prefer if we called it a woodcharles?

Examples of invalid questions: Is Kiyoko mafia? Is the player with a cat avatar on the forum on the same team as me? Is Tote Valley considered more a city than a town? Was Vito Cascioferro responsible for the death of New York police chief Joseph Petrosino?

RAIE

You are Robot Unicorn Attack. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

For the next phase, all of your text in your posts must be entirely rainbow or in a colored gradient. You can use this generator to help.

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

During the next night phase, target a player to be with always (at least for the next few phases). The two of you will live in harmony harmony oh love, and any actions or votes you make upon each other will fail. This effect lasts one full day and one full night after you use it, so if you target someone on N1, you will be unable to vote for each other on D2 and will be unable to act on each other with either actions or quirks on N2.

Your partner will not be made aware of the fact that they can’t do anything to you. If they try to vote or act on you, their vote will count as no vote and their actions will disappear into the aether.

NINFIA

You are Illuminati Confirmed. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

During the next phase, make at least one long conspiracy theory rambling post about the alignment of one living player in thread, in the style of something like: “Kiyoko has three vowels in it. What else has the number 3? That’s right. There are 3 mafia. Kiyoko is mafia confirmed.”

You can pick any player, but the rant must be about one person. This entire rant must be at least 500 words long to count and must end with the phrase, “[Playername] is mafia confirmed.”

If they succeed, they will get the following message at the end of the day phase:

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

If you are not stunned or killed tonight, at the end of this next night phase you will learn the truths about [Playername] that the government is trying to hide from you.

If they are not stunned, they will get the alignment of the player they rambled about at the end of the next night phase, which will look like one of the following:

Town PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Your theory has been thoroughly downvoted on Reddit. It turns out that [Playername] is really probably town after all.

Mafia PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Your rant goes viral on youtube, and everyone agrees with your theory. [Playername] is mafia, absolutely confirmed.

Other (Neutral, stunned, ability tampered with, etc.) PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Your posts are taken down by the FBI before they get any traction. Is [playername] mafia or town? You don’t know, but the FBI is working with the illuminati to cover up evidence confirmed.

AEIOU

You are Drinking out of Cups. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

At least once in the phase, make a long rambling steam-of-consciousness post making casual observations about the avatars of players in thread. This post must be at least 500 words long. (e.g. “What the hell is Kiyoko’s avatar some kind of cat person? Why is it so small? Make it larger. What is this, an avatar for ants? Man speaking of ants, my Aunt Susan makes the best snickerdoodles. They’re fantastic. Really just the best.”)

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

What does this guy think, he’s a mafia player? What is he a goddamn asshole, who the fuck is he targeting? Not ever. No way. During the next phase, target a player and block any quirks from being sent to them that phase. They’re not going to receive any new abilities, no way. No way. Get real.

LUCAS

You are Press X to Jason. You are town.

Every night, target a living player to make them use your quirk. You may not target yourself. Your target will receive the following message at the beginning of the next day phase (the player name in it will be randomized each phase):

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

[Playername], where did they go? Ya got me searching high and low. When [Playername] posts in thread, make a post containing nothing but the letter X immediately after. Timestamps don’t matter as long as your post comes directly after theirs. Time your X correctly at least once in the phase to gain the ability.

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

For the next night phase, target a player to follow them around and find out everyone that they visit. Your target can be any living player; it doesn’t have to be the one in your quirk.

EZZELIN

You are No Rage Face. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

Post at least 3 rage faces throughout the phase. Only one rage face allowed per post.

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

Target a player during the next phase to stun them. This prevents your target both from using abilities given to them, and from sending their quirk out to other players.

KATAGI

You are Flea Market Montgomery. You are town.

Quirk PM wrote:
TYP1N6 QU1RK

All of your posts in this phase must be written in the style of a shitty rap. If you don’t know what a shitty rap looks like, just add a lot of line breaks, repeating sentences, and random rhyming words in your post. Bonus points for including the phrases “hey hey” and “oh yeah.”

If they succeed, they will get the a random ability at the beginning of the next night phase. The ability will be selected from one that already exists in the game (though it might be the ability of a dead player) but all flavor will be stripped and replaced with your own custom flavor, for example:

Ability PM wrote:
4B1L1TY

night actions, stun a player, oh yeah, oh yeah
you can find them, in the maf game
we talkin bout this maf game
choose a player, this night phase, and stun them, oh yeah
it’s just like, it’s just like, a mini-maf, hey hey

188 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks to Kiyo for hosting, and thanks to everyone for playing! This game was pretty crazy. Fun to see everyone getting into their quirks.

View user profile

189 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:09 pm

I TOLD YOU GUYS I WAS TOWN

➳ All other sounds are drowned out by an epic drum solo.

☆☆★★★★★★
View user profile

190 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 pm

*stares at T3t, Tiki, and Dran*

Congratz.

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

191 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Oh look Dylan was mafia.

View user profile

192 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 pm

I wasn't going to send my quirk to anyone on n0, so I wouldn't risk giving the mafia an extra kill and all that. But I had a hunch and went for it purely because I had the feeling, given how things went down in Tote Valley Tales, that I wouldn't get another chance to act. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.

This game was hilarious, though, and I would absolutely play a meme UPick again. Thanks for hosting, Kiyoko!

I give her pretty words, but she sends me the mod kill.
View user profile

193 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but sending the doctor protect to two mafia was merely a set back! Did you honestly believe I would trust the safety of town to some rude, lurking mafia mongrels? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, they were merely instruments, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this... and this time, the night kill will not be blocked! Because lmao, apparently.

194 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 pm

I would love to play this again.

NaNoWriMo FF.net
View user profile

195 Re: i can has NIGHT FOUR? on Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Kiyoko

Admin
Glad you guys enjoyed it! I'd totally be down to host again someday (or let someone else host so I can play)! If anyone has any potential balance concerns that we could fix for next time let me know. This game has the potential to get hugely swingy if everyone piles their quirks onto one player (like what happened this game), and I wish I'd come up with a system to let people who didn't receive quirks in one phase get some sort of consolation quirk/ability or something so that no one's left out, so maybe next time.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum