Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival

+2
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival GHY1tB3

OK: so gauging interest for a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley themed game! If y'all can help me get this reviewed/balanced before the submission deadline for the next round: gr8, I can host! If not, it's gonna have to wait until July because i have a big trip planned this summer ;w;

Here's the deets:

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival ZkDi3Nn

You are a villager in the beautiful town of Tote Valley, where you live out an idyllic life of peace and prosperity... until MeGaCorp came into the picture, a gigantic threat looming over the village. The CEO of the company is in a tight contest with the Mayor regarding the land rights in the area, and MeGaCorp will stop at nothing to build its next factory in the lush Tote Valley.

Still, life goes on in Tote Valley. It's the first day of Spring, and the Forget-Me-Not Festival is in full swing! Little purple flowers cover every wall and every table, making sure that you always remember the Forget-Me-Not flowers. There's a big party in the town center, and you partake in the various festivities. You notice a few strange faces in town, but tourists usually come to the Valley this time of year...

Suddenly, the sky dims, thunder rolling in from the mountains. A flash of red light hits the the mayor, onstage. He screams, clutching at his chest before he falls to the ground, lifeless.

And then, your head start to hurt; everything is spinning. What is going on, you ask, in desperation, but nobody responds. You fall. There is nothing darkness.

------

"We did it boss! We can take the town!"

"No, not yet... they are all about to wake up. What is the meaning of this, wizard??"

"I... I am weak... my power was not enough..."

"Silence, incompetent! I knew this would happen. We must move into plan B."

"P-plan B, boss?"

"If we must kill everyone one by one, so be it."

"B-but they might find out!"

"Sacrifices must be made. MeGaCorp will not fail."

"Good thing I made those flyers..."

------

When you come to, the entire town seems to be stirring alongside you. A neatly-dressed lady stands up next to the fallen mayor... you vaguely recognize her, but if it weren't for the "Vice Mayor" sash she was wearing, you would probably have no idea who she was.

You look at the rest of the villagers... you had no idea who any of them were, either. You rack your brains trying to think of why you can't figure out who all these people are. You've lived your whole life in the valley... it's impossible that you don't know who anyone else is.

A gust of wind blows, and hundreds of red sheets of paper flurry down to the ground. You pick one up. On its face is the sinister logo of MeGaCorp, with a line of red text: WE ARE AMONG YOU. WE WILL CONQUER YOU. ONE. BY. ONE.

------

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival PRpeZBw
"I'm the mayor now, I-i guess," said the vice mayor, a petite woman with blonde-dyed hair and a quiver in her voice. "We will give His Late Excellency a proper burial in time... but as of now, these are dark times, with dark magic poisoning our very souls. MeGaCorp has declared war on our beloved Tote Valley..."

She looked at the villagers in front of her. If only she knew who these people actually were...

"Since I don't know you, you probably don't know me either," she said in a tiny voice. "I'm Isabelle Shizue. I know it will be difficult, but I hope you'll trust me to lead you in this trying time. We need to protect our good villagers, and cast out the bad seeds..."

The small crowd mumbled, as if in recognition and agreement.

"I... I don't know any of your names... I think it would be best if we all would introduce ourselves. But please, say nothing but your name. I don't want MeGaCorp to target our most valuable citizens."

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival NQLNjHq

Instead of active roles, most everyone in Town is pretty much vanilla. Instead of powers coming from the roles, each role is in charge of providing the town's bazaar with items to sell. Unfortunately, the MeGaCorp spell forces every product sold in the Town to disintegrate after one use...

Each Townie/Neutral begins with 8G. Everyone in Town but the detective and doctor receives 2G from Town Hall at the day's end for each Town Hall Meeting they attend and vote in. Mafia has a collective stash of 15G. Mafia get no money per day because their Tote Valley ID's are fake. :v

Proceeds from each shop go to the owner before the Night. If the farmer, orchardist or rancher dies, their products remain on sale and funds go to the lottery pot.

To buy, send a shopping list of the items you want by priority. There is only one of each item per day, unless otherwise specified. You get your top priority item unless it's out of stock (i.e., all the available ones are already taken). Shopping priority goes first to the players who haven't received their priority items yet. Further conflicts (and the first Day's orders) are then set by inbox order. You can buy from your own shop.

Town is confined to two inventory slots each. Mafia is confined to two inventory slots for the whole team. Neutrals can have as many items as they want.

The good news is that you may buy unlimited vegetables, fruits and animal products from the farmers' market part of the bazaar. :) Buy these with a separate shopping list.

• Camping Gear Shop

• Binoculars - (5G) You can see pretty far with these... Follow a person at night and see who they visited!
    • Rope - (5G) Extra strength! Bind someone in their home ;) forcing them to be unable to do anything that Night. The Mayor has to rescue them the next morning for roll call, and so this will appear in rollover.

• Recycling Center

• Tin Cans - (2/Day @ 3G) Set up an alarm on your door with some tin cans! Every time someone visits you, you hear the tin cans rattle. Find out exactly how many people visited you that night.
    • Scrap Paper - (2/Day @ 2G) Hey... this looks like some receipt scraps! Randomly receive one or more of the following info: 1) an item that was bought, 2) someone who bought an item, or 3) how much someone spent.

• Fishing Shop

• Crab Trap - (2/day @ 4G) Set this up at the beach and you may find something within! Recover one random item that had been used sometime in the previous phases. The more recent an item was used, the likelier you'll find it in the Crab Trap.
    • Fishing Rod - (6G) Use this to catch fish... or something else. Reach into a person's pocket and steal a random item they've been keeping. Only the person stolen from is notified.

• Winery

• Wine - (6G) The best wine in the country! It's so good, nobody can resist drinking less than a whole bottle, leaving them drunk. Leave it on someone's porch at night and they'll forget what they were going to do. Their Item is left unused.
    • Vinegar - (2/Day @ 2G) Tote Valley Vinegar is known for its well-rounded flavor... if only it didn't have that extremely acrid smell. Douse someone else's front porch with this and Town will leave them alone that night. Items attempted to be used on them are left unused.

• Magic Shop

• Magic 8-Ball - (2/day @ 2G) It's actually magic! Answers a yes-or-no question with 100 percent accuracy, except it's been affected by the MeGaCorp wizard's spell and can't answer questions on alignment or role or who sent in the NK. :V
    • Vulnerary - (8G) This is the only thing that can protect from murder. Use it for yourself or for a friend at night. Will not show up in rollover.

• Florist and Apiary

• Seasonal Bouquet - (2/day @ 4G) It has some poison oak and other super-itchy flowers in it oops. Leave it on someone's porch at night; if that person leaves their house, they will most definitely encounter the flowers. Their face will be red the next Day phase.
    • Honey - (6G) Super sticky :C Sneakily pour it all over someone's item, rendering it useless.

• Carpenter

• Temporary Paint - (7G) This paint is super weak and fades in the sun. Switch two house numbers using this paint, so actions targeted on the two people are switched.
    • Signpost - (2/day @ 3G) Post a message in the Town Square with this nifty sign! The message appears on a wooden sign the next Day phase.

• Postman

• Gift Box - (unlimited / 1G) Fits any one thing! Use this to send someone else any item you have.  
    • Stationery - (unlimited / 2G) Nice looking paper! Use this to send someone else any message you want.

• Farm

• Veggies - (1G) Fresh veggies for cooking! You'll need these for festivals or the lottery. Choose from the following, of which an unlimited amount is available per Day:
    • Potato
    • Cucumber
    • Tomato
    • Corn
    • Onion
    • Carrot
    • Green Pepper
    • Eggplant

• Orchard

• Fruits- (1G) Delicious, sweet fruits. You'll need these for festivals or the lottery. Choose from the following, of which an unlimited amount is available per Day:

• Strawberries
      • Grapes
      • Cherries
      • Pineapples
      • Peaches
      • Oranges
      • Apples
      • Pomegranates

• Ranch

• Animal Products- (1G) Various animal products for your everyday life. You'll need these for festivals or the lottery. Choose from the following, of which an unlimited amount is available per Day:

• Milk
      • Cheese
      • Eggs
      • Mayonnaise
      • Duck Eggs
      • Goat Milk
      • Goat Cheese
      • Truffles

Item use / action priority is in the following order:

Doctor's Protect > Vulnerary > Honey > Wine > Thief's steal > Fishing Rod > Temporary Paint > Rope > Detective's Investigation > All Kills > All other items

Once the role who provides a certain service dies... the bazaar stops restocking those items. :O

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival 0AluQE0
Everybody submits a character and an avatar in-thread. Maybe we can use the Rinmaru avatar maker again. This is just for flavor.

Everyone gets a role randomly generated from the following, which are all characters that you can totally imagine in a farm sim/rpg type game:

Town

• Postal Worker - runs the Tote Valley Post Office
  • Survivalist - runs Carabini's, a camping gear shop
  • Recycler - runs the Recycling Center
  • Fisher - runs River King, the local fish shop
  • Winemaker - runs the Suave Sommelier Winery
  • Wizard - runs  the magic shop The Vanishing Cabinet
  • Florist - runs Bloom & Bumble, the town's Flower Shop and Apiary
  • Carpenter - runs Got Wood? the local Carpenter's Shop
  • Shopkeep - runs Pop'n'Pop, the town's general store
  • Farmer  - runs the Tote Valley Farm, which sells vegetables
  • Orchardist - runs the Tote Valley Orchard, which sells fruits
  • Rancher  - runs Totes McGoats, a ranch which sells animal products (sorry, Fifi)

• Detective - the only police officer in the valley, who can investigate one person per night; has a 5G/Day salary.
  • Doctor - the town's only healthcare professional, who can protect one person from being killed per night; has a 5G/Day salary. Appears in rollover only if the protect succeeds.

Mafia

• Thief - steals an item from someone once per night phase. Only the person stolen from is notified.
  • Counterfeiter - selects one store's stock for a day, replaces it with duds AND collects that store's profits for that day; can only be used on each shop once. Only those who attempt to use counterfeit items will be notified of the fakes.
  • Bomb maker - has a bomb and passes it to someone else. it's the ultimate hot potato, killing one person. Each phase adds a 10 percent chance of the bomb exploding (so it's guaranteed to explode at Phase 10).
  • MeGaCorp CEO - when someone dies by Mafia NK, he gets the patent to one of their items and makes an identical prototype that they can use the next night.
  • MeGaCorp Wizard - they sold out to MeGaCorp, who used up all their power to put a spell on the city. essentially vanilla.
  • MeGaCorp Worker - generic bad guys who aim to please the MeGaCorp CEO.

Neutral
Win conditions will be a secret uwu

• The Harvest Goddess - She walks among everyone, her identity unknown. Is involved in the Harvest Goddess Festival.
  • The Gourmet - He has secretly been reviewing the town's cuisine.... Is involved in the Cooking Festival.

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival H0nSr3D

Every day, a random lottery ticket will be generated with a series of eight fruits, vegetables and animal products. Items may repeat! Whoever has all eight items in the correct numbers can trade those items for the grand prize of 20G! If more than one person wins, the prize pot is split, rounding up.

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival 7vMJ3vb

There will be a total of six festivals in-game, on odd-numbered Day Phases. Each festival, besides having some fancy flavor, will have an item up for silent auction. Players PM in their bid for a special mystery item, and the highest bidder gets the item! Minimum bid is 10G. The items will be randomized from the following; items will only appear at a festival auction once:

• Blue Feather - Proclaim your love to someone with this special blue feather! If the person accepts, you enter into a private alliance.
  • One-Way Ticket - This one-way ticket can be used to force anyone to be evicted from Tote Valley (i.e., killed)!
  • Mayor's Vote - The new mayor's vote can be bought, apparently. This extra vote can be used during any lynch.
  • Mayor's Veto - A special pardon from the Mayor to spare someone about to be lynched.
  • Vacation Package - A fabulous vacation package to a faraway island! Leave the town, making it look like you've been evicted, only to come back two Day phases later with a tan.
  • Cheat Code - This cheat code can skip time, ending a phase early. :O
  • Big Rucksack - A fancy bag that upgrades your inventory limit to 5 items! Wow. This does not disintegrate after use.

Each festival will also have a theme:

• Spring 3 - The Harvest Goddess requires a private offering of a fruit, vegetable or animal product! The Harvest Goddess will have, during the previous phase, chosen two items: one blessed, and one cursed. Each person who chose to offer a blessed item gets immunity from all actions the next night. Each person who chose to offer a cursed item cannot act the next night.
  • Spring 5 - Egg Festival! - You can trade in each Egg you have for 2G! Simple :)
  • Spring 7 - Cooking Festival! -  The Day before the festival, each player must provide an ingredient for the community soup pot (a fruit, vegetable, or animal product) by posting it in-thread. 1) Whoever does not send a food product to the pot luck will lose their vote that festival day. 2) The Gourmet will have assigned numbers to each possible item the previous night, and the numbers will be added up and the alignment and role of the person who matches up with that number will be revealed to the public.
  • Spring 9 - Flower Festival! - The Day before the festival, each player is allowed to send one other person a Love Letter that can contain any message, as long as it includes something about asking to dance at the Flower Festival. Messages are collated that night and sent out; while each player may only send one letter, they may receive multiple letters. The next Day, flavor text will reveal who got dances with whom.
  • Spring 11 - Beach Festival! - Players are split into two equally-sized teams for the duration of this Day. A secret list will be determined before the Day begins, which has a bunch of words with corresponding points. Every time someone uses a word on the list, their team wins points! Everyone on the team with the most points wins 3G. The MVP, with the most individual points, gets a bonus 5G!
  • Spring 13 - Meteor Festival! - After offering a food product to the Meteor Spring, everyone makes a wish the previous night to a shooting star, about literally anything game related. Want someone dead? Sure. Want more gold? OK. Want Town to win? Hm, ok. RNG picks a category (fruit/veg/animal product) and everyone who offered that type of product will have their wish come true, but there's always a catch...

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival LrvIIjA

• No hard claiming! If you do, the mayor will evict you for your own safety. This rule is only for roles posted in-thread. In-game messages are free to be claimed in.
  • Evicted/vanished people cannot spec in-thread or in the mafia doc or the Mayor's personal hitman will off you.
  • Off-forum spec among evicted/vanished people is fine, but only BEFORE the Vacation Package is available for purchase, and AFTER the person who went on vacation returns to town.
  • Please do not share any information from host PM's word for word.
  • You may change your vote up to two times. That's three free votes. Every subsequent revote will cost you 1G. Paper isn't free, you know.
  • Phase end will be daily at 7 p.m. California time. Rollover and phase start will be posted before 8 p.m.

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival D6qf6Pr

This game is Day Start with no lynch.

Spring 1 / Day - Everybody selects things to buy; no lynch.
Spring 1 / Night - Everybody receives objects bought, each Townie's gold is subtracted by what they bought, each Townie's gold is added to by what others bought from their store. Doctor and Detective get 5G. Actions are then sent to me. Actions happen.
Spring 2 / Day - Rollover. Everybody selects things to buy, while the Lynch vote is happening. Someone is lynched.
Spring 2 / Night - Everybody receives objects bought, each Townie gets 2G for voting, each Townie's gold is subtracted by what they bought, each Townie's gold is added to by what others bought from their store. Doctor and Detective get 5G. Actions are then sent to me. Actions happen.

Etc, etc.

Last edited by Mr. Gerbear on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:09 pm; edited 19 times in total

plotstickers

plotstickers

gerry i'm going to destroy you

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

is that a good destroy or a bad destroy

plotstickers

plotstickers

Good

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Thank

Rasei

Rasei

... CAN YOU MARRY ME?

Jking. I love this idea

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Rasei wrote:... CAN YOU MARRY ME?

unfortunately there is no priest in this town who can perform the ceremony

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Question - Do the town roles that are in charge of stores do/get anything or is it just flavor?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Kiyoko wrote:Question - Do the town roles that are in charge of stores do/get anything or is it just flavor?

It's just flavor. But if they're killed, items from their store stop stocking at the bazaar.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also sorry if this is in the writeup and I just missed it but can you hoard items and use multiple in one night or are you limited to one at a time?

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Kiyoko wrote:Also sorry if this is in the writeup and I just missed it but can you hoard items and use multiple in one night or are you limited to one at a time?

Yeah I've been mulling around what kinda limits there should be for items...

I thought it would be ok to not have a limit because each player's amount of coins would basically only make it so each has enough for one or two.

Do you think I should set a hard limit of being able to have two items in your inventory at a time? Or just one? :|a (Not including stationery/gift boxes/produce.)

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I think an inventory cap might be a good idea just because there's the potential for this game to get unmanageable if someone manages to survive and save up enough to unleash like a billion items at once, but I also think that this entire game concept is original enough that nobody's really tried to balance anything like this before, so maybe just try something and we can see what works and what doesn't. If you need to make some on the fly balance changes while the game is running, I don't think anyone would be too upset?

In any case, this game seems huge and intricate and a lot of fun. I will probably sign up even though I have no free time and probably should not be playing mafia. :>

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Knowing the shenanigans people get up to in these games, I think a hard inventory limit might be a good idea. XD

Thank you :)

Luxaria

Luxaria

yes, hello, mister hoster I've detected a problem with your game

WIP | Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival H2KYJtw

pls fix, ty.

This game is cute as hell, though. I'm all for it since I've been working on a similar setup for a Mafia: RPG styled game with stats and item purchases. So I'm excited to see a cute farm game with a similar idea ;w;!

*opens Stardew Valley in anticipation*
*sees the cat in game*
*flinches*
*closes Stardew Valley*
*opens word processor*

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

i don't even know what a parsnip is i'm sorry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: