Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN]

+6
Entelechy
Tiki The Troll
Ninfia
Cure
Luxaria
ezzelin
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

'raises hand slowly
Me please~?

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

ezzelin

ezzelin

thank you kind people added you both!

Aeiou

Aeiou

memeememe I should probably stop joining every game ever but NOPE

Rasei

Rasei

I WILL PLAY

ezzelin

ezzelin

We've reached the minimal number of players needed for the game. I'll keep signups open until monday evening or so, so anyone that wants to play is still very welcome to hop aboard!
(Ideally, I'd love to run this with 12 players, but well.)

Five

Five

Sure, I suppose I can sign up. I mean, I know it's a lot of games to be playing at once, but I mostly just wanna see how this game will actually work.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Five, you've made the right choice. I need you in every game I play or host. I'm demanding it.

I need a better nickname for you.

ezzelin

ezzelin

We're starting in two hours. I'll send pms even though you don't have roles/abilities so that everyone is alerted. If anyone still wants to squeeze in before then, they're more than welcome.

ezzelin

ezzelin

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] - Page 2 Clouds_n0_by_amashimono-d9wy33q

First Cloud

The sky over Oumi is overcast as always.
But this time, something is different. There's an ominous tenacity lingering beyond the shroud of clouds veiling the sky; the air is heavy, permeated with an invasive scent of inevitable demise.
It smells faintly of blood and death.

Nine people have gathered to find the source of the impeding destruction looming over their beloved homeland. Nine... seeking to destroy the cursed spirit that can only be hidden among the very same nine. Two, unwittingly aiding the return of the Orochi.

Pay heed, for the Orochi is the enemy of mankind.

Laughing Among the Crying Wolves [OVER - MAFIA WIN] - Page 2 Kumo_crest_100px_by_amashimono-d9wy3rz

Night Zero begins. It will end on Tuesday, March 29th, 21:00 CET (UTC+2).
Please remember that everyone is required to send in a NK target.
You may also specify a player that you would like to attempt to contact.

Ratio: 7T : 2M

Last edited by shrine guardian ezz on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxaria ~ <3 wrote:Five, you've made the right choice. I need you in every game I play or host. I'm demanding it.

I need a better nickname for you.

Five Alive
Cinco
V
Golden Rings
Fiv5

ezzelin

ezzelin

Everyone has been sent a pm to remind you that the game has started. Each of the players has been given a prominent character from the series as their "role", however that is purely flavour and does not impact the game mechanics in any way. Both of the one-time-killproofs, despite inspired by two roles in play, are not necessarily connected to said roles.

You are free to share the character that you represent in the thread if you wish so. However, there may be a bonus awarded if certain two characters attempt to contact each other before D3 at latest, but only if their identity has not been fully shared in thread.

Feel free to message me any questions you might have; I have also added skype to my contact details, and you're free to add me for quick clarifications or w/e if you want.

Since I forgot before,
a reminder that you may also attempt to contact someone each night!

Five

Five

Oh my, Luxxxiepop, that's ever so sweet of you! I do recommend if you want a nickname to find one yourself, or... at the least, don't take any of that troll's. None of those are endearing at all... well, except maybe "V"? That's a stretch, though.

Are the people who are supposed to contact each other... told who they are? I know less than nothing about the source material, so I have no idea who they might be or even how they would go about contacting each other.

Though, to be fair, I have no idea how anything in this game is supposed to work. Nobody can ever be sure of their own team, let alone determine anyone else's alignment in any way, especially association since there's no "informed minority" at all? Nobody being "scummy" can REALLY mean anything, since nobody can actually know for sure they're scum, Especially early in the game, when we have no chance of finding a meaningful correlation between our votes and the NK target.

I'm gonna run some numbers and I'll be back soon with some more information.

ezzelin

ezzelin

Well, there are ways to determine own alignment, but not right away. That's why it's important to attempt to contact someone.

I may have explained it poorly in the rules, but you send in your contact "target" along with the NK target to the host. If you are both mafia/possessed, you will form a standard mafia alliance.

I will post a list of all characters used under the player list. It shouldn't be too hard at all to figure out which two get a bonus for finding each other by googling them and checking out their info a bit. If that's too much trouble for just flavour, don't worry, the bonus is not related to game mechanics :)

Luxaria

Luxaria

I will think on this nickname matter.

I am curious how we'll parse and contest information. It does make early phases a bit interesting in terms of speculation. The way I'm reading it is that rather than trying to figure out what the other players might be, instead you're trying to figure out what you are, too, on top of everything else.

So in that regard strategic use of your two nightly targets can reveal certain information to each player. Say I send in a contact request on Player A and we are not united. I can then conclude this is not a possible mafia pairing, and based off of the results of my attempted role action on Player B, I might also determine other things. Each person gets their own results and can compare it to what others might have done (in this case, it requires a bit of understanding and interpretation of our player meta and familiarity), what actually happened, and how that compares to what people are saying. In all honesty, we have no way of knowing if the two mafia unite N0 or later. Thus, we could spend the whole game trying to find connections between players or just randomly powering through. Usual speculation gets awkward here.

This also prompts the matter of: How much do we reveal to the thread? I am as pro-town of a player as it gets, but even if I am hesitant to announce which players I might have attempted to contact or target because then this means if everyone's doing it, if I did turn out to be mafia and within a few phases we can cross-reference claims such that the mafia pairing, or, at least, the likelihood of one player being mafia is strong... then that means I'm progressing my own team's defeat. Alternatively, the "What if people lie clause?" This then gets tricky because if you're lying without knowing your actual alignment, you're only lying for the possibility of being mafia, when statistically you're more likely to be town. But then if you lie and you turn out to be town, you might end up lynched in thread on principle of feeding misinformation. So that's negative to your side.

There's the arguably broken way to play this game which is to just make a pledge that everyone plans out and rightfully claims their actions each night to cross-reference so we can quickly determine both mafia, or at least do so relatively readily. But this is then saying, "Two people are foregoing their chance to win so the greater good might win, and everyone is buying into this hoping they are of the players that aren't mafia." I personally don't want to endorse this action because it ruins the spirit of the game.

So how, indeed, do we parse votes, actions, and share information? This seems like a very self-reliant and -centric sort of game.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Addendum: As one other comment, there's also the intrigue of target selection. If you might be town or mafia, your target can either receive a protect or a kill, respectively. This then means trying to select your target such that it benefits either side, or at the least would work with what targets you might expect others to choose. And trying to figure out what others might choose is interesting, because in this way you're hypothetically playing as if you're mafia trying to work with your mafia brethren to make an optimal NK, while simultaneously attempting to throw out an action such that if it's a protect you might be useful. Then there's also the information search component inherent to the process of elimination effect that will come from seeing rollover in comparison to your target each night.

Also, I just realized I forgot the two killproof. This complicates speculation a lot, too. Hmmm.

@ Host

On N0 it seems more likely than not for mafia to reach a tie since there's only two of them, in which case the NK is thwarted. What shows up in rollover in the event of a tie on two town players?

What if the two tied targets are two different mafia, nullifying the selection in a tie? What is shown then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum