Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 35 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 58]

166Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:31 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Cure wrote:
T3tsuya wrote:QUESTION

My version of this game has two Cat Hosr instead of one Cat Hosr and one Owl Hosr.

If I need to complain about everything, who do I call

Sorry, no refunds.

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 QM92YQ9

167Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

MY BODY IS READY

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Oie_5181838bU3HJXJp

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

168Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Cure

Cure

HELLO FRIENDS BECAUSE I AM A GIGANTIC IDIOT... I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED EVERYTHING MY OUTBOX AND THAT INCLUDED A FEW PMs THAT HAD NOT BEEN SEEN BY THEIR RECIPIENTS. UM... I AM GOING TO CROSS REFERENCE MY SENT BOX AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHICH PMS I NEED TO RESEND. IF... YOU... DID NOT GET YOUR ROLE PM PLEASE TELL ME UM... I AM THE WORST HOST.

EDIT: I FIGURED OUT WHO THE FIVE PEOPLE I NEED TO RESEND PMs TO. I AM DOING THAT NOW. ROLLOVER WILL BE UP IN TEN MINUTES WHO WANTS TO GET ME A PAGETOP.

169Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Rasei

Rasei

pokes thread in hopes to help Cure's dreams.

170Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Cure

Cure

MY DREAMS WILL NOT BE REALIZED IT IS TOO FAR AWAY. So um... I got all the PMs resent hahaha. Whoops.

171Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Rasei

Rasei

sorry Cure

172Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I'm super sorry

173Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Ie6MZja

PROLOGUE

ON THE SURFACE, he’s exactly the type of kid you’d expect to find working part-time at a bookstore. Glasses, old hoodie, a rat’s nest of dark hair finger-combed into a mimicry of style. He’s incongruent in subtle ways. Shiny silver smartphone, tech job fair T-shirts, uses a laptop case as messenger bag. The kind of guy who’d prefer to read code over a codex.

Also, he never speaks. He nods a hello at the start of his shift, waves a goodbye at the end of it, and in all the time between he’s as silent as death. She notices him sometimes, out of the corner of her eye, lifting a book off the shelf and flipping through pages, too quickly to process the words. He goes after the timeworn volumes, old fairy tales and etiquette handbooks and eighteenth century classics. She files these observations away, unsure of what to make of them.

It’s his third Wednesday on the job, at some dead hour of the afternoon. Too late for lunch, but too early for dinner, so she breaks out a bag of dried fruits to snack on. The crinkling of plastic tears through the silence, and she sees him pause in her periphery with a page half-turned.

“You hungry?” she asks, waving the bag in his general direction.

He regards her with the caution of small woodland creatures, but succumbs to temptation in the end. He snaps the book shut and leaves it on the shelf. “Thanks.” It’s the first word she’s ever heard him say.

“You a student?” she asks as he makes his way over. It’s a magical moment. She should take full advantage of its potential.

“Yeah.”

“English major?” she asks. They’re in a bookstore. It’s as good a guess as any.

She holds the bag still as he claims a dried apple slice and stuffs it into his face. With a mouth too full for polite conversation, he simply shakes his head in response.

“Computer science,” she chances, refusing to let the conversation resolve to an anticlimax.

He shakes his head again, but now with a wry quirk of the lips and the suggestion of a shrug on his shoulders. He chews. Swallows. She can see the exact moment his barriers crumble, felled by a lowly apple slice. “I wish. Religious studies, actually.”

“No kidding. Like, Adam and Eve, Abel and Cain, that kind of religious studies? Or like, the old Greek and Norse legend kind?”

“Both. Mostly the former. Can’t say I love it.” This time, the shrug is more than just a suggestion. “Parents,” he explains, tracing a nebulous gesture in the air that manages to depict, somehow, both filial affection and a complete lack of enthusiasm. “They’re hardcore Catholics and I’m... not. But they pay my tuition.”

Then go get a job and stop relying on mom and dad, is what she’d normally say, except that he’s already a step ahead. “You got this job for the money, then?” she asks, for the sake of small talk.

He tenses, caught blindsided, and searches her expression. She doesn’t know what to make of this reaction, either, but she files it with the other observations all the same. Whatever he’s looking for, he finds it, or doesn’t. Whichever one causes him to release a held breath, but stare pointedly in any direction but hers. “Uh. Yeah. For the paycheck.”

You’re a shit liar, she thinks, but she doesn’t say this aloud.

NIGHT ZERO begins.

6M:16T:2N

174Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Everett once proposed the idea of the "many worlds" hypothesis, in which every event coexists, both happening and not happening at the same time. Like a curling flame or a piece of tape separating from the roll, each independent action (according to him, anyways) could trigger a cascading series of different reactions, which exist on top of each other, always together but never quite touching. Saying it like that makes it seem like something romantic, like two star-crossed lovers who lock eyes but never meet. I prefer to think of the gap between worlds and between possibilities as a gaping bottomless pit, full of ifs and buts and what if I had done that instead of talking to him? Where hopes and dreams that are just outside of the realm of reality rot, unable to be acted upon and out of your reach. Where the word differently is, in reality, quite empty. That gap is something that you can never enter. That gap is not something that anyone can claim back.
       I think about that a lot.

'Addy' was what Clem had called me. He knew that the name dug under my skin, but he still used it constantly. I don't remember now where the nickname had come from, but I'm sure that he had thought of it at some point during our rocky, tumultuous friendship. On one hand, he was that guy who would pay for your drinks at the bar and be the one who celebrates Halloween, despite being, well, old. On the other hand, and I'm not sure what it was, but he had this air around him. This odor, though I don't think I'd describe it as such; a feeling of someone who knew just a little bit more than you did, but never spilled everything towards you. Or my brain is taking one of those pits in my mind and reaching and filling in the gap, and in reality he was nothing more than a guy who really liked to wind you up.
      "I think you scored a really good deal, you know," he had said, a playful smile reaching towards the corners of his mouth. He spun the keys around his index finger again. "I mean, if someone I had known died and I had inherited all of this to myself, I'd be laughin' all the way to the bank." His voice had a tint of jealousy.
      The bank my ass. I wanted to punch his teeth out. I could see the wallpaper peeling off the hallway, the landlady's dead eyes as I signed the lease, stating that for all intents and purposes, I was now the owner of an apartment that a relative had bequeathed to me. A relative that I didn't even know existed, but my name was somehow on his will and the long arm of the law had traced him back to me. If Clem thought inheriting a festering rat's nest was the equivalent of winning the lottery, then I'd like to see him try. The place was a pisshole on the edge of town, with nothing around it but brambles and stray cats. But I think, somehow, fate pushed me to sign the lease. I think that back then I thought that I could easily get out of the lease, sell the place, reap the rewards rather than be trapped in the will of some guy whose name sounded more like something you'd spit out than anything normal.
      Back then, it had crossed my mind a few times about how this guy who I had never even heard of had heard of me and cared about me enough to actually fashion a will with me on it. I figured that it had to have been a scam, but after carefully inspecting the place I came to the conclusion that the original owner had not been a prince from a far away country looking to swindle money out of me, but a person who had actually existed at some point in time. I'm fully aware that in a world that is slightly off from ours, this man might have never existed, but unless there are forces at hand that colluded a series of fake identification for the sole purpose of fucking with me, he existed. That's so strange.   
      I remember Clem asking about Kayla after I took the keys from him and unlocked the door. I liked to think that every person on this earth has a degree of tone-deafness, but Clem in that moment was especially so. I don't really remember my answer to his question, except that I gave him a look that could probably kill a man.
      The first thing I remember was how dark it was. Clem confided in me that the landlady had told him that there was power, but the previous occupant had failed to take advantage of any of this. The light of my phone revealed that there were several cracked bulbs here and there on the floor, indicating that at some point that the previous owner had given a fuck about being able to see in his home after sunset. Yet the bulbs seemed to lay dejectedly on the ground, as if unsure of their purpose, their filaments never to be used. Clem had come in after with a broom and dismissed the bulbs as junk, something that my Maybe-My-Relative-I'm-Not-So-Sure had left behind.
     Looking back on it now, the first thing that I should have noticed shouldn't have been the bulbs. It should have been the dust.

175Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

My body is ready for this game ;)

176Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Ie6MZja

INTERMISSION

Zombie!Rasei is looking to snack on people because they are ignoring her intermission. She is hungry for brains...

Zombie!Rasei had two roles. One was taking someone's post and beat them senseless with the post. The reason why was the Gorella of a mangaka was to lazy to draw it. Just look at him.

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Hqdefault

The second was this pretty intermission. I can do anything I want in it. I can add video. I can making silly faces. I could roleplay Shouyou-sensei really really badly. In fact the lessons that I was giving where mostly important enough to given as manga titles.

Here is Doggy-chan's latest post.

Edit: I am watching twin midgets so I cannot really post, but I'm starting to feel like Lucas might be mafia and am positive Gerbear or Doggy-Chan are town. I'm pretty positive that Doggy-Chan is town. Please someone check intermission.

Last edited by Cure on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 9 times in total

177Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Super ready for this game.

178Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

kicks door in and waits for rollover excitedly

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

179Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:57 pm

angel★

angel★

I'M SO EXCITED AND READY AHHHHHHH

180Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Yay!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 35 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum