Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4

+10
Rasei
drandahl
ezzelin
Aeiou
high seraph
Ninfia
Mr. Alice
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Entelechy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 41]

Luxaria

Luxaria

dranbahl wrote:I'm fine with some level of coordination, but I also feel like ship tasks might be better to net outside of D1. Going with your plan, Lux, allows maf to have free reign of explore actions in two rooms. We have the advantage in numbers right now. I know others have said this already, but I feel like priority should be in collecting items until we have more info to know who to trust.

The ship tasks can be repeated each phase, if I'm understanding correctly. The point of the plan is such that, for example...

Players 1, 2, 3 go to Med Bay
Players 4, 5, 6 go to Laboratory
Players 7, 8, 9 go to Server Room
Players 10, 11, 12 go to Brig

Everyone punches in a ship task command.
If everyone is in the right room, the ship task will happen in the thread during Status Report. If a ship task does not, it will be immediately clear what has happened. So let's say mafia are players 4 and 9.

Mafia goes to two other rooms to grab items from explore. Note: We've covered the two big role actions (Protect and Detective). They cannot steal these.

This means on rollover, Laboratory and Server Room would fail. This instantly tells us that the two mafia are within players 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Further, since everyone is in a room with other players, the NK cannot convert a town to mafia. The only except is if, for example, players 8 and 9 are mafia, and 7 is town, and they submit the NK on player 7. Then player 7 converts and the ship task still happens. We lose a town, they gain a member, but all ship actions go through, and mafia does not gain any roles in the process.

The point of the server room would be to run a ship task to publicly display any roles that have been taken. Thus, we would know which room lost their roles so we wouldn't prioritize it as much for collection.

So it's a matter of this:

We run the risk of mafia getting two roles unimpeded. We prevent them from getting two of the more valuable roles.

We dramatically decrease the risk of town converting to mafia. Having a town die to the NK is preferable.

We increase the chance of positive actions for town happening. With the 3-4 possible ship tasks, these actions are mostly pro-town and help us more than they help mafia, giving us protection while giving us actions.

Lastly, if mafia does deviate and sabotages our plan, we know for certain which group of players has at least one mafia.

This would require every town to participate, though, and I guess at this point it doesn't seem likely everyone will get the memo, so it's a bit of a wash. We may not get a better chance until the ratio is hopefully 2:7. Reason being that assigning 4 players to a room doesn't satisfy all advantages of the 3 to a room plan. Other downside is with 3 mafia potentially in play, they might all be assigned to one room, so one might stay there to explore (if gears haven't been collected at this point).

Hmm...

One final thought: One thing that does amplify the use of gathering gear is that lynching a target with gear means we can redistribute. We run the risk of giving it to a mafia, but at least we'd know who has it. Actually, this kind of makes the plan of letting mafia run about N0 collecting gear a bit less riskier, since in the end we'll most likely only kill them through lynches (Flamethrower and food poisoning are possibilities), and then we can collect the role actions again.

Anyway, I submitted a room movement at this point, anyway, since I don't think we have enough time for everyone to organize. If every player does post, though, I'm down for enacting the 4x3 plan.

Edit: Posts came in. Will read, but posting this for now.

Entelechy

Entelechy

high seraph wrote:
A quick run-down on the room mechanics:

EXPLORESHIP TASK
x
x
x
3+
x
* For a Ship Task to happen, at least 3 people must have chosen to perform it.
** I'm never going to BB code a table for a game again.

Incorrect.

A Ship Task may be performed with only one person in the room.

Your table should look like this:

EXPLORESHIP TASK
x
x
3+
x

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

ok idk what's going on cuz today is gonna be kinda hectic for me but i will say that i'm going to a room that may or may not end in the letter 'y' and i'm not going to retract that sorry do you know how painful it is to pm and message people on mobile i'm sure everyone knows this struggle feed me

Entelechy

Entelechy

Please, everyone, if you are sending me a lot of other text in a PM, bold your Room and Action, as you would a vote.

Also, please remember to send me an Action (explore or Ship Task) and not just a Room.

Lastly, please TRY to have your final Room and Action determined by 6:45PM EST (45 minutes). I need to leave at 7:05PM, and if I can't sort through all your messages before then you will have to wait another 4.5 hours for your results.

Last edited by Entelechy on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

ezzelin

ezzelin

I like lucas' plan for 2 groups of 6. it's planning with decent chances of success without giving away too much info on where particular players are going to be. we might want to stick with something similar in the future.

Entelechy

Entelechy

If anyone is changing your Room and Action, please do so in the next 15 minutes.

Also, please remember that what you post in this thread does not count. You need to PM me.

drandahl

drandahl

I'm going to assume we don't have enough time to make either plan effective. I'll be making my decision to the best of my ability, and will incorporate some level of RNG.

I'll be pretty busy until ~10-11PM PST, but I'll check in around rollover.

Entelechy

Entelechy

If you Action was successful, you will receive a Private Message at 7PM, and there will be a Rollover post at that time as well. If you do not receive a PM at that time, your Action failed. Flavour text will be sent out for failed actions later this evening.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4 - Page 5 E205EfH

Disorganized, scattered, the survivors make their way towards the rendezvous with anyone else still alive. Chased by shadows, they hug the walls of the rooms as they try to salvage something from the failing station. But as they approach the rendezvous, they find a Stain in the hallway. Only one thing makes a Stain like that. Someone else has become Infected.

No one has been Incinerated.

No Ship Tasks were completed.

CREW: 09
INFECTED: 03

nautilus

nautilus

CREW: 09
INFECTED: 03

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4 - Page 5 Tumblr_m7byqilfWM1rqkf12

Okay.

I have a lot of things I want to say about this, but just to make sure: have all PMs been sent out?

Or, uh, I guess I can wait until later tonight.

Last edited by n☆util☆s on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

ooooh someone got cauuuuught

(space is actually one of the scariest settings for me and if you add zombie shit to the mix that scares me a little more haha sWEATS)

alcasync

alcasync

I went to the cargo hold to explore, but I didn't end up getting an item, so I assume that somebody else was there with me. ;v;

I feel like perhaps we can identify the convert by finding out who went to which room and who was alone? People might lie, but I think as long as all the town is telling the truth we'll figure things out eventually.

I feel like Ninfia or ezzelin can't be the convert, unless one of them was already infected. The fact that there was no med bay ship task despite two people confirming that they'd go there and three people saying they might go there is a little concerning to me! Although I know it's a little bit hypocritical of me since I didn't end up going to the med bay despite saying I might. ;v;

nautilus

nautilus

I had a post here and then alca ninja'd me and, uh, everything is crystal clear.

So, I was in the cargo hold with alca. While this is very grain of salt since none of you know my alignment, I can confirm at least from my point of view that she isn't the convert, though I can't speak for whether or not she's mafia.

Last edited by n☆util☆s on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Well, no PMs would have been sent out unless someone got a piece of gear, since no ship actions were completed.

Alright, common night 0 targets:

-Kiyoko
-Alca
-Nautilus

I'm not FOSing anyone here but I am saying that I think these three would be.... fairly likely to have been converted. All three of them said "medbay or elsewhere" so there was a chance they'd be alone. I mean, we have nothing to go on anyway since anyone could have been town and is now Not Town.

I will also confirm I didn't lie and was in the medbay last night. since that didn't go through, I assume Ezz with there with me, or Kiyoko was, but not both.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

ezzelin

ezzelin

I'm gonna flip everyone that said they might go to med bay but didn't into the nearest trash chute good night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum