Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win]

+12
T3tsuya
Entelechy
Cure
Luxaria
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
nautilus
drandahl
ezzelin
chinomi
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 37 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 52]

316Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:28 pm

drandahl

drandahl

ezzelin wrote:calm down kiyo rollover is in 2h

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Oie_x410

also dran is maf bc he posts ads. he obviously needs influential backers to keep him alive and veto our lynch votes after we figure out he's maf.

on a serious note, I don't really think there's much more to be said that isn't just parroting what we've already established until we have new info :Va

edit: that is, except for people who haven't posted their reads on people to do so.

Ads? I don't quite understand.

317Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:31 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Though honestly, I picked the ads thing in the beginning because I wanted to run with the RP that Rasei started. I don't know that much about Haikyuu, so I picked something that seemed interesting.

I've dropped it a bit now that I've been mainly responding to concerns on me.

318Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Rasei is now distracted with a cute HinataxKageyama picture. She also thinks that she forgot when rollover is again.

319Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:42 pm

drandahl

drandahl

8PM CST

320Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

ok so re:vanilla shit. I honestly wasn't paying that much attention to the thread because most spec happened while I was asleep or at work (when I got off shift I had about 15min to catch up and post before rollover) so I was skimming and mostly focusing on anything that had to do with me since I was being voted. Back reading now I see that the whole vanilla thing was brought up hella often so I'm just a dingus ;^;

Just in case I get benched over night I'll just try to reply/spec on things relevant to just me? And if I'm still playing I can focus more on other things later?

So my voting options were:

A) vote chi
this would bring it up to a 3 way tie (barring last minute votes) and leave fate up to RNG. I honestly wasn't even considering voting Chi because I wanted to play HQ maf with Chi so voting Chi so early on would just seem redundant to me. I guess so would being lynched myself tho..uhh

B)vote Tiki
If I was maf!au then voting Tiki would honestly seem like a good idea, because if we were both maf, voting one or the other is the same result? one less maf? and whoever got the other lynched might seem more trusted so I think that would make the best situation out of a maf getting lynched.
If I'm town!au then I have no idea Tiki's alignment. So my options are vote maf!tiki and I look good?? or vote town!tiki and look/feel shitty, I guess it's easy to pass off with self preservation but I honestly don't feel right with self preservation votes unless its crucial that I stay alive vs another town. I honestly hadn't really read Tiki's posts so I had no idea if they were contributing or speccing better than I was (since I wasn't at all) and might be more useful than I was. I just honestly had this awful feeling that Tiki was town and then I'd look awful. I'm somewhat willing to be lynched just due to the fact that I hadn't really been of much help. IDK my logic is just running in circles, I really didn't have much time to even think about it yesterday.

C)Vote random person/keep NL
What I did, it's pretty much just confused inaction. I had no better lynch candidate to offer since I hadn't been following along very well (obviously lmao) so uhh... yeah I think my thoughts are just trailing uselessly at this point so I'm going to stop at this for now??

321Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 14-9
"Thank you, Dran-senpai!"

322Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

tl;dr at the bottom, as usual.

Okay, I am a bit delayed. This said, most of what I do and would want to say has been covered extensively.

However, one thing I didn't see highlighted all that much is the fact that several people (notably, myself and Kiyoko, but also Sammiya and some others) found Tiki's first lengthy post to be scummy. In particular, both myself and Kiyoko, the established town, replied right after this with comments of getting strange vibes and being concerned.

Everyone that has played with Tiki knows he's a mixed bag. You never know exactly what to expect. However, in this situation he already had two cleared players on his case. At the time, the only vote on him was from high seraph, who promptly unvoted following Tiki's post. On the next page, Sammiya put the first vote on him citing similar vibes to both myself and Kiyoko. Ezz then followed up citing gut reasons as well.

This leads us into the post that Kiyoko bookmarked, when Tiki replied while he was at 2 votes to Aeiou's 3. So far the only marks against Tiki had mostly been "gut reads" and "vibes", with some mentions directed to his questionable statements regarding both players and passing/math.

In this bookmarked post, I'd like to highlight:

Tiki the Troll wrote:First though, most inclined to vote Vowels or Chinomi. Vowels strictly out of self preservation, making it harder to get me at the top, or tied for the top, heh.

Chinomi because I prefer to leave these sorts of mysteries up to RNG, and that would tie her with Vowels.

He, of course, never voted. The final vote tally was (lifted this from Cure, I think):

► Kiyoko - ezzelin -> drandahl -> Chinomi
► Luxaria - Chinomi
► Entelechy - Tiki
► Tiki The Troll - DIDN'T VOTE
► Rasei - Vowels
► Cure - Vowels
► Cur3/T3tsuya - DIDN'T FUCKING VOTE BECAUSE HE'S A NERD
► High Seraph - Tiki -> Vowels
► Sammiya - Tiki
► Aeiou - No lynch
► Chinomi - Tiki
► ezzelin - Tiki
► Drandahl - Tet

The third vote on Tiki came from chinomi. Her reasoning:

chinomi wrote:vote: tiki because i don't wanna no-lynch and i honestly dont find no lynches scummy these days so im not really willing to vote aeiou gomen tiki

The final vote, as we know, was from Duck.

The reason I highlight these ~vibes~ is because they produce an interesting scenario where mafia might be inclined to bus Tiki since several confirmed town are on his case, in addition to possibly some others. As Kiyoko concluded, however, I would find it unlikely for Sammiya to be mafia and immediately shift attention back onto Tiki right after Lucas unvoted him. Even with Kiyoko and myself mentioning Tiki seeming scummy, we hadn't voted for him.

Ezz's vote thereafter is an interesting one to me. Ezz is in this situation where several people commented on how doing the math doesn't necessarily clear you, but it does make it look like you're contributing and being proactive. Ezz also decided to vote for Tiki instead of Duck, saying they'd like for Duck to explain their process. At one point, I believe at least Cure mentioned she'd find it unlikely for two mafia to both be commenting on the numbers in thread (ezz and Duck). I think I am inclined to agree, but there were a few occasions where Duck and Aeiou both seemed to run afoul of the mechanics (passing, everyone is vanilla, etc.). Is this a weird coincidence tied in with ezz not wanting to vote on Duck right away? I think it's probably so, and I'm not suspicious of ezz right now.

The Tiki, chinomi, and Aeiou stand-off is particularly intriguing to me for all of the reasons Kiyoko has previously mentioned. Notably, if Aeiou is truly town, then it is advantageous to try and push for a lynch onto someone else. I guess if you think you're a vanilla town and others are not... but, again, Kiyoko pointed out the seeming fatalistic tendencies even after it was explained that everyone is vanilla. chinomi did vote Tiki, but her reasoning was structured around not wanting to vote for Aeiou, seemingly because "I don't find no lynches scummy these days", which is what several people noted as being scummy about Aeiou.

So to that end:

@ chinomi:

Was there any reason you did not want to vote on Aeiou in particular? What made you choose Tiki over her?

This... this is going to be a rare thing, but this post of mine is a bit inconclusive. The situation surrounding various players is a bit bizarre. I am willing to entertain the idea that mafia would employ an early bus strategy of Tiki with suspicions on him, but to do so I believe it'd mean either ezz or chinomi is mafia. But, I also think this evidence is weak, and I find chinomi suspicious due to circumstance, whereas ezz has been contributing.

I also agree that there is probably a kingpin mafia that instructed Tiki to post up. This does point fingers towards drandahl, high seraph, and Tet/Cur3. I... I think Tet's previous, ahem, experiences with Tiki would make him be explicitly clear that Tiki's first post was not an acceptable "hi I'm here" kind of post, which makes me favor drandahl or high seraph as kingpin.

I agree that lynching one of those possible kingpins, chinomi, or vowels would help shed light on the situation. I'm not sure how to read Duck in all of this. He seems earnest, but my read has shifted back and forth. Vowels' flip will help solidify Duck's alignment a little bit more in that regard.

The biggest puzzle piece for me right now: A lot of these potential mafia candidates seem to be unaware of various aspects of the rules. As I think I previously highlighted, I don't know how to process this. I tend to expect mafia to be aware of the rules and structure of the game, especially since there are multiple of them and they can clue one another in. Cure makes a good point that being uncertain of how passing mechanics work is more than a little damning given the constraints upon this game.

Uhhh...

tl;dr: Tiki had early suspicions on him after his first full-fledged post. Could this have influenced mafia's hand? Sammiya's first vote on him suggests town alignment. Aeiou's alignment flip would help clarify a lot of the situation for both sides of the vote. I agree that there is probably a mafia kingpin that prodded Tiki into posting. I am less-inclined to think it is Tet of the three candidates (high seraph, drandahl, and Tet/Cur3) given that I believe he would take more control over Tiki's post. I could be wrong on this, however.

I didn't really say all that much, I guess. I agree with a lot of what has been said by Kiyoko and Cure. Five minutes to rollover, I guess.

323Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 YoMVxxs

You’d always thought that you’d get to play with your teammates to the end. Your tosses were a constant. You knew the spikers. You knew your team.

There’s not much that can be done when you’re outshined by a genius, though. You try to smile as he holds up your number. He's vibrating with excitement as he goes out onto the court and you sit on the bench.

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 B9eeb1777f23f482af14689685d85e0b1420237432_full

Ezzelin has been benched. They were on the Home Team.
They wore Jersey number 2.

Day 2 Has begun

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 74cb3dfc07827b7287add72da7bcf069

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

324Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

SUGA-SENPAI NO

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

325Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Coach, how come the score is going down over time, and when players are benched there isn't a new substitute coming in to replace them?

really questioning your coaching methods atm.

I passed to #9 last night.

326Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Luxaria wrote:The biggest puzzle piece for me right now: A lot of these potential mafia candidates seem to be unaware of various aspects of the rules. As I think I previously highlighted, I don't know how to process this. I tend to expect mafia to be aware of the rules and structure of the game, especially since there are multiple of them and they can clue one another in. Cure makes a good point that being uncertain of how passing mechanics work is more than a little damning given the constraints upon this game.

Feigning ignorance could also be a mafia tactic, at least early on. It kind of catches eyes, which does put some people in the limelight, but that's a little easier to address than "Person voted X on D1" or "Person did not say much." I don't think it's always a good tactic, but I've seen a few players act this way before as mafia, and it's worked for them.

Ah, rolllover. I planned to pass to 10. RIP Ez, cheer us on from the Bench!

"You knew the spikers." I don't know if Ninfia ads info in rollover flavor, but this seems weird to me. I don't want to dive into it too much, but I'm just calling attention to it.

327Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Cure

Cure

Ezz was town so duck could be maf. I passed to 9. Going to be in traffic for two hours. Getting food at drive thru.

328Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:05 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

but I had so many more gifs saved for this game

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 8e7b73dd7a24f1ff3c80f54700ad7815

329Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

ezzelin wrote:but I had so many more gifs saved for this game

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 8e7b73dd7a24f1ff3c80f54700ad7815

u read rollover, get on the bench

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Tumblr_o25f3uJ9t51u7qtk1o1_1280

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

330Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 22 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also passed to #9.

@flavor, it's just flavor referring to Sugawara who shares a jersey number with ezz

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 37 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum