Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

真・女神転生 SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI Mafia [DAY 4]

+14
adawg
Mr. Alice
drandahl
T3tsuya
Sammiya
alcasync
Ninfia
Cure
chinomi
Ardonye
plotstickers
Rasei
nautilus
high seraph
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 41]

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

to be fair, there was technically no town in ikea

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

high seraph

high seraph

i think, just to be safe, you should all lynch chinomi on d1. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ALSO! I would like to announce that this game will start tomorrow, Oct 1st 2015 at 10pm (UTC-3). I'll be sending role PMs gradually tonight (and if I get too bored I'll finish it tomorrow morning hahaha), so I'd like everyone to avoid talking about their role PMs until I say it's ok (in other words, until everyone has theirs).

Again, thanks a lot for Kotakia, who has been a huge help with balancing and for everyone who joined for, well, joining!!! I hope you'll all have a blast with this game and that this will motivate you to play Shin Megami Tensei games. If you got interested in the series because of this game, you can talk to me about Shin Megami Tensei. You can also talk to me about Shin Megami Tensei if you already liked the series before the game. And you can just talk to me about Shin Megami Tensei under pretty much any circumstances, tbh. I'm always ready to talk about Shin Megami Tensei. Seriously dude. I'm right here. Always......

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

I have SMT.....4...? That was given to me in a nice box with some strategy book thing but I was told that it was a hard game so that intimidated me into not playing it even though I've had it for a while now...oops.....

chinomi

chinomi

high seraph wrote:i think, just to be safe, you should all lynch chinomi on d1. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RUDE

high seraph

high seraph

OK BLAIRE IM GONNA GIVE YOU THE REAL DEAL. SMT games can be really challenging and may demand a lot of strategy and grinding!!! From the main branch of the series, I've only ever played SMT III: Nocturne, SMT: Strange Journey and SMT IV, and I've only finished SMT IV so far because it's... a lot easier than any those other ones, and I'd bet it's probably a lot easier than pretty much any SMT game ever released.

IT'S TILL TONS OF FUN THOUGH, and it can be really challenging too! But the overall interface of the game is a lot more friendly. It'll still probably seem tough for beginners, and specially at the first stages of the game, but the battles are fun enough that grinding doesn't feel boring, and the story is really so rich, it's worth every second you grinded for it. If there's anything disappointing about SMT IV, I'd say it's the stupid restrictions imposed on New Game +. But that's a subject for another time...........

On that note, I would like to announce that:

ALL ROLE PMs HAVE BEEN SENT!
THE RATIO IS 8T:3M:2N

I'd also like to let everyone know that there was a slight change in the mechanics: demons will have an initial 20% chance of fusing into other demons every phase, and those odds increase by 5% each phase. The chances for humans to acquire the Demon Summoning Program remain the same - 10% initially, increasing by 5% each phase. The first page already reflects these changes.

If you have any doubts about your roles, please let me know! As I said, the game will start tomorrow (Oct 1st 2015), at 10:00pm (UTC-3).

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

high seraph wrote:From the main branch of the series, I've only ever played SMT III: Nocturne, SMT: Strange Journey and SMT IV, and I've only finished SMT IV so far because it's... a lot easier than any those other ones, and I'd bet it's probably a lot easier than pretty much any SMT game ever released.

Man, so you and other people probably don't know about how in Persona 2 actual for-real Adolf Hitler was brought back to life as a boss character.

I gotta share. It's hilarious. And actually occurred. Which I still can't believe.

Spoilers ahead for P2. But no one is going to play it anyway.
FUHRER FRACAS:

If Hitler doesn't make an appearance in this, I am going to be pissed at the wasted opportunity.

But really, it's going to be fun no matter what happens because this series is bonkers.

high seraph

high seraph

LMAO I've known about the Hitler thing, which is hilarious. I've actually played a few more games outside the main series too. I've finished Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Persona 3 and Persona 4, and I've played Devil Survivor 2 and Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army sporadically (since my PS2 died - RIP -, I haven't played Raidou anymore, but I might buy it from PSN at some point). My absolute favorite game in the entire damn franchise is Digital Devil Saga 1.

Digital Devil Saga is the best game. Plot, back me up on this please.

You know I think this is a good warm up exercise before the game actually starts. Come on, I wanna hear what games everyone has played!!! Here's an actual list of the games I have:

SMT games:

chinomi

chinomi

i've dappled in a lot but the ones i've gotten decently far in, if not completed, are Nocturne, P3, and P4

the rest i haven't gotten far enough in to consider me playing them, but i'm familiar with the plot/characters from most of the games... heat from dds is just nice nice nice ok ok

╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…..╚(███)╝
……╚(██)╝
………(█)
……….*

high seraph

high seraph

on second thought, don't lynch chinomi guys.

someone who can appreciate heat deserves to leave beyond d1. congrats chi.

plotstickers

plotstickers

T3t's spoilers are making me want to replay P2... Why must he hurt me so?

Hitler got a makeover in the remake.

Unfortunately, I haven't played the DDS games yet, Lucas. I own them, but they're sadly still on my shelf. I need to find some time to play them... Maybe I can back you up in a year. ;___;

SMT Games I Have Played

1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment
  2. Persona 3 FES & Portable
  3. Persona 4 & Golden

SMT Games I Own But Haven't Played

1. Persona Portable
  2. Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
  3. SMT IV
  4. Devil Summoner 2

!!! Nocturne is pretty cheap. Maybe I should get that. Also, I've been telling myself that I need to get Devil Summoner to play Devil Summoner 2, lol... I'm interested in Devil Survivor, Strange Journey, Soul Hackers, etc. as well. How will I hold all these games...

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

high seraph wrote:
You know I think this is a good warm up exercise before the game actually starts. Come on, I wanna hear what games everyone has played!!!

Literally every SMT game including the ones for the MSX and Virtual Boy.
:c

Didn't play the pinball games for Japanese Mobile Phones.

I love this series. I hate this series.

The best SMT game is Catherine. This is objective truth.

high seraph

high seraph

WOW PLOT YOU WERE PLAYING ME ALL THIS TIME................

And T3t I think you're my new favorite person omg. I've made it a lifetime goal to play all SMT games, excluding Jack Bros, Last Bible or Devil Children games. I really want to play the SNES and PSOne games but I keep getting distracted by other games, including the more immediately accessible SMT games. Out of curiosity, do you usually play the games once and leave it, or do you go through multiple playthroughs and try to get all endings?

I'm a completionist, so I usually try to go for all endings, which is very impractical since the games are huge. With DDS1, I played twice because I took learning all the mantras an defeating Demi-fiend as a personal mission, and I also wanted to go into DDS2 with the plot still fresh in my head (I got a little lost after spending months grinding). I never bothered as much with any other games, because none were as engaging and interesting as DDS1. Not even DDS2. I am playing SMT IV for the second time, but the fact that New Game + completely freezes the MC's development really sucks (and I can't get the DLCs because Brazil is a dick).

OH YEAH AND I am currently also playing Catherine, I forgot to add that to the list. It's crazy and fun and hilarious.

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

high seraph wrote:WOW PLOT YOU WERE PLAYING ME ALL THIS TIME................

And T3t I think you're my new favorite person omg. I've made it a lifetime goal to play all SMT games, excluding Jack Bros, Last Bible or Devil Children games. I really want to play the SNES and PSOne games but I keep getting distracted by other games, including the more immediately accessible SMT games. Out of curiosity, do you usually play the games once and leave it, or do you go through multiple playthroughs and try to get all endings?

I'm a completionist, so I usually try to go for all endings, which is very impractical since the games are huge. With DDS1, I played twice because I took learning all the mantras an defeating Demi-fiend as a personal mission, and I also wanted to go into DDS2 with the plot still fresh in my head (I got a little lost after spending months grinding). I never bothered as much with any other games, because none were as engaging and interesting as DDS1. Not even DDS2. I am playing SMT IV for the second time, but the fact that New Game + completely freezes the MC's development really sucks (and I can't get the DLCs because Brazil is a dick).

OH YEAH AND I am currently also playing Catherine, I forgot to add that to the list. It's crazy and fun and hilarious.

I go for all endings unless the game is just ridiculous, then I just go for true ending if I can and it has one. There's a lot of games I've only played through once either because they were just 2hard and I didn't want to go through that hell again, or they just weren't fantastic. I've played through Nocturne and DDS1 more than any of them. They're still favorites. I really liked Soul Hackers too. Just emulate everything, pretty much everything is in english at this point too. So things are really accessible. Jack Bros is actually one of the most solid Virtual boy games.

I have played through Catherine and P3 more times than I care to admit.

Cure

Cure

i have... played... persona 3 to completion more times than i can count on a lot of fingers.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Uhhh so I just realized what 10 pm UTC -3 really means, so I'm going to apologize up front if I make a lot of typos and miss some stuff people say because I'm going to be at school for what's probably going to be the most active parts of the game, which means A LOT OF MOBILE. SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME IF I HECK UP A LOT OK I JUST WANT TO DO GOOD IN SCHOOL ok thanks bye I s2g I've had to correct every other goddamn word while typing this please help me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum