Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

256 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:11 pm

That maid.

my eyes are bleeding

But T3t this is still my mental image of you:

EDIT: my pagetop skills are unmatched. this is getting less funny and more scary

Last edited by AliceofOz on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

- "Wtf Kyouko stop cosplaying."
- "No."

View user profile

257 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:11 pm

HOLY SHIT MAN THIS GAME WAS SO COOL even if i died early (i literally couldn't claim my room when i was under suspish i wanted to sooooooo bad you have no idea. there was actually some communication errors with my team when room claiming so my fate was sealed from the start tbh BUT I STILL TRIED LOL. also the stuff about my internet being out and not being able to type on a phone was 100% true. i was really frustrated ROFL.)

THE WILL ALLOWED ME TO REUNITE WITH CLAMS.

THE COMIC WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING you did so well aaaaaaaa it was worth all the sweat, blood, and tears you put into it, nautilus wwuwuwuwuwuwuuwuw

UWUWUWUW

UWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://i.imgur.com/hR7rGHR.gifv

258 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Give me a sec, haha. I think most of the PMs were lost in the destruction of my inbox, buuut if you want to post yours you can post them. :>

Other notes:
- I really went ham on Kotakia's PMs, haha. Her role was kind of based off the idea of Walter Mitty, so she'd get these really out there scenarios that would reveal to her specific roles in the game.
- Kiyoko's role also had special PMs; she literally romanced everyone into revealing their alignments.

He who lurks in the subconsciousness of men is ... Cthuluhoop, actually. T3tsuya summoned Cthuluhoop into play. Well. Not exactly. Cthuluhoop told me to make the generic "demon" in the role Cthulu, but I went one step further and literally made it him.

Um. Other things:
- My friend who drew the picture named 8 of the rooms, and I named the final one (The Love Shack, Otherwise Known as Love To Hack).

View user profile

259 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 pm

chinomi wrote:HOLY SHIT MAN THIS GAME WAS SO COOL even if i died early (i literally couldn't claim my room when i was under suspish i wanted to sooooooo bad you have no idea. there was actually some communication errors with my team when room claiming so my fate was sealed from the start tbh BUT I STILL TRIED LOL. also the stuff about my internet being out and not being able to type on a phone was 100% true. i was really frustrated ROFL.)

THE WILL ALLOWED ME TO REUNITE WITH CLAMS.

THE COMIC WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING you did so well aaaaaaaa it was worth all the sweat, blood, and tears you put into it, nautilus wwuwuwuwuwuwuuwuw

UWUWUWUW

UWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://i.imgur.com/hR7rGHR.gifv

AND I WANTED DO BAD TO SAY I FINGER WITH YOU AND HELP YOU, I'M SO SORRRRRYYYYYYYY

Still, you helped make this game a lot more fun for our hapless Mafia team. Glad to have gotten to work with ya. : D

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

260 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Kiyoko

Admin
I'll post the list of references to nebulous things after I clean it up when I get home to a computer. It's in Kiyo shorthand right now so it's kind of illegible

View user profile http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

261 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I think these should be all the town role PMs... ??? They should be accurate, but this is an old doc and I did do last minute tweaks before I sent them out.

Spoiler:

b&b role PM

You can’t help but think that this place is really, really familiar to you…
Perhaps in a past life, you were the inquisitive type. But you can't help but feel it didn't quite work out...

Being a fairly sociable fellow of the highest degree (when you’re not pulling all-nighters, that is), if you ever are with another player in the same room during the night, not only will you know the identity of your roommate when you get your night-day PM, but you will know their alignment.
In addition, your scientific nature (and perhaps past experiences) make you a hard one to fool. Twice per game, you may ask the host one question during the day phase to be answered by the host. The question cannot involve the alignments of any players, but anything else is free game, and it has to be a yes and no question. Remember, though, to think critically about what you want to ask, as a vague question might get a vague response.

You are the Student. You are TOWN.
You will begin in ROOM 27. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

Staircases and work are your worst enemy, but this bed and breakfast is only two floors!
What's the worst that could happen... It just seems so quaint here. Maybe quaint enough for a nap...

Your only goal in this game is to get a good night’s sleep for once. If you end up spending the night alone in the room you’re in (other than you, of course!) and there is at least one empty room next to you (that you can sleep next to, or something), you’ll have a fairly peaceful sleep. And an incredibly illustrative dream or two…
Should you successfully dream, you will learn one random role power that is present in this game.
Layman's terms: If no one joins you in your room for the night, and no one enters at least one of the rooms adjacent to the room that you're in during the night, you will be sent a random role ability present in the game in your night > day PM.

You are the Overworked Salaryman. You are TOWN.
You will begin in ROOM 16. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

You thought you had a real sense of talent. Your music was an inspiration from a city sidewalk.
These people look a little grumpy. Why don’t you try and lighten the mood a little?  

Once in the game, the musician is capable of playing a loud song during the night phase, waking everyone up from their slumber.

If this ability is used, it will cut short the phase and the day will start immediately. Any actions or room movements sent in after the musician plays their song will be immediately nullified, including the mafia night kill.

You are the MUSICIAN. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 19. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

As a young adult, you learned from your father the tricks that he learned from his father, and so on and so forth. At first, you thought that this was a dying art, but now in your old age, you recognize just how important it can be…

The Locksmith is a lucky person, for they brought their entire suitcase of lockmaking materials with them to the bed and breakfast. Always be prepared was the family motto, I guess. Be prepared for the worst in a completely innocuous bed and breakfast!

Every night, the Locksmith may choose to lock one room during the night phase (independent of individual room movement, so they could lock room 3 and then move to room 5). If a room is locked, no actions that target the room will succeed, unless they target the specific players in the locked room.

If a room is locked, no one new will be able to enter the room that night (anyone who attempts to enter will be bumped back to their original room, like if the room is full). If room is locked, players who were in the room the previous night will be trapped in the room for the night and cannot exit. This does not count towards the mandatory movement timer (2 nights in a room until movement).

The Locksmith can move freely in and out of locked rooms, and can also lock themselves in a room at night (for example: room locked is room 3, Locksmith also moves to room 3). However, they cannot lock the same room for consecutive nights, nor can they lock themselves in a room on consecutive nights, even if they choose to lock a different room each night.

You are the LOCKSMITH. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 7. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

You climbed to the top, besting your opponents, and sat upon your throne with pride. But what throne does a leader have when they’re as equally trapped as everyone else?

The Politician is pretty convincing, and has a personality that gives them some extra weight to throw around in the daily meetings. They may choose to doublevote during the day phase at any time, with the second vote sent through PM. The second vote will not be shown on the vote tally, and will only be revealed if it affects rollover. Politician can choose not to doublevote if they don’t want to.

In addition, once in the game, the Politician may “buy” (they say convince, but probably bribe) the protection of a player (chosen in the day phase via PM to host). In the night phase, the player in question’s room movement will be overridden such that they will move to the same room as the Politician by the end of the night. This move will fail if the Politician moves to a room themselves that already has someone in it who is staying from the previous night (see the situation in-thread).

You are the POLITICIAN. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 3. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

You’re absolutely certain you’ve been in this situation before. In a past life, you were the hero, charging through and defeating cannibals like Shia Labeouf. But you remember that you died…
You died… Then how are you still here?  

Once in the game, the taxidermist can do a complete investigation of the room they’re residing in in the night, allowing them to determine the identity of any visitors to that room so far throughout the game (both room movements AND action visits, but they won’t have a timeline). However, they’re not entirely infalliable, and as such, one of the names that they receive in their investigation may not have been there in the first place…

In addition, the Taxidermist cannot act until N2.

You are the TAXIDERMIST. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 4. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

The bird reminded you of someone, so you decided to keep it. Your roommate gave you a funny look when you came back from the pet store with two budgies. And two became three, until you had an entire aviary in your attic. You just couldn’t part with them.

Being as attached to their birds as they are to most people, the Birdkeeper brought their birds to the bed and breakfast. I mean, there were no rules against pets, right?

Every night, the bird keeper can set their birdcage against either the left wall or the right wall of their room. Should players enter the room adjacent to where the birdcage sits, the movement in the room will disturb the birds, and cause them to escape their cage.

·         One bird will escape from the cage for every player that either visits or moves into the room. The birdkeeper will be told how many birds, if any, escaped from the cages the night prior (and therefore how many visits there were to the adjacent rooms).

You are the BIRDKEEPER. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 11. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

This is your job. You are the bomb. The literal bomb.

If a player attempts to kill the explosives expert via trap or night kill, they will die and explode, taking out anyone else in the room alongside them and destroying the room permanently. If they are lynched in the day phase, they will end up taking out the last player that voted for them in the lynch.

In addition, the Explosives Expert will be passively alerted if there are any traps in the rooms adjacent to the one that the Explosives Expert is in during the night phase.

You are the EXPLOSIVES EXPERT. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 6. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

You really thought you hit it off with the last person, but it didn’t turn out that well. I mean, you liked them. They liked you. But then things got messy and you broke off, and maybe you died for it.
And now, maybe here, you’ll find someone new.

Every other night, the Heartbroken Lover may select one person to become their “active love interest”. During that night phase, they will determine which rooms they visited and moved into.

Additionally, during the next night phase they can elect to send one message (through the host) of 100 characters in length to their current target anonymously, to be delivered on the night-day rollover. So the timeline of your fleeting affection goes like this:

N0: Select love interest. See what love interest is up to in the night.
N1: Receive no report. Can send message to love interest.
N2: Chooses next target.

The Heartbroken Lover can move into rooms independent of the action (that is, they can target a player and then move into another room). If they move into the exact same room as their current love interest, they will be silenced for the entire day phase (though they can vote).

You are the HEARTBROKEN LOVER. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 12. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

………………………………

(...............)

[The mime starts off as vanilla. At any point in the game, the mime can choose to copy the power of one player that is dead, regardless of alignment. The mime will then gain that player’s power for the rest of the game.]

You are the MIME. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 8. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

You’ve never been one to enjoy groups. You enjoy the solace of your shack out in the wilderness. Sure, friendships and all that kind of stuff can be nice, but they can never replace the array of stuffed animal bodies from your various hunts. You even named all of them! The squirrel with the bow? That one’s named Maurice.

The hunter came prepared for all sorts of horror movie scenarios and even brought their own gun. With exactly one bullet. Just like in the movies.

Once in the game, the hunter can target either the left wall or the right wall of their room and shoot at the wall. If only one player is present in the room on the other side of the wall, they will die instantly. Alternatively, the hunter can instead use this single kill in the night phase to select a specific a player to kill; if the player is not in a room with another player, they will die instantly. Because, y’know, people, deer, what’s the difference, right?

You are the HUNTER. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 22. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

b&b role PM

Having seen your fair share of death in your lifetime, you’ve become a bit ghostly yourself. With a pallid complexion, you’d be surprised if people didn’t mistake you for a corpse.

The Funeral Director, being privy to sudden deaths, can give out a slip of paper to one player in the game once during the day phase. That player will then be able to use that piece of paper to write a last will of up to 100 characters in length, which will be shown publicly alongside the player’s death notice in rollover should they die.

In addition, the Funeral Director is so quiet that they may well be able to play dead during the daily meetings and in the night … Once per game, the Funeral Director will be able to survive one lynch or kill attempt on their life. Not any more, though. You're not a cat with nine lives.

You are the FUNERAL DIRECTOR. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 20. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

For the record: even though players did protect other players from death, I (and Kiyoko) decided not to award Guardian Angel simply because there's no way for us to tease who actually protected unless we go into the nitty gritty of inbox priority.

All of the failed kills were because of doubling, though.

View user profile

262 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:14 pm

nautilus wrote:
b&b role PM

The bird reminded you of someone, so you decided to keep it. Your roommate gave you a funny look when you came back from the pet store with two budgies. And two became three, until you had an entire aviary in your attic. You just couldn’t part with them.

Being as attached to their birds as they are to most people, the Birdkeeper brought their birds to the bed and breakfast. I mean, there were no rules against pets, right?

Every night, the bird keeper can set their birdcage against either the left wall or the right wall of their room. Should players enter or visit the room on the other side of the wall that the birdcage is next to, the movement in the room will disturb the birds, and cause them to escape their cage.

One bird will escape from the cage for every player that either visits or moves into the room. The birdkeeper will be told how many birds, if any, escaped from the cages the night prior (and therefore how many visits there were to the adjacent room that the Birdkeeper set their cage against).

You are the BIRDKEEPER. You are TOWN.

You will begin in ROOM 11. Please submit a NAME for this room tonight and a room movement.

At first I felt like my role was kinda useless. Then I thought it was actually pretty good because it allowed me to plan my future room movements because if I knew the room was empty the night before, I could move to that room without worrying about it being trapped. And when it came to chart-drawing, it turned out to be a really useful role for double-checking everyone's info??? In the end I really liked my role lmao. Also my birds evolved from cute fat balls to bloodthirsty avian weapons in that cool comic.

Also omfg @ Kiyoko's role because it gave me flashbacks of Final Fantasy mafia and her role as FFXII's Cid and aahhhhh that game was insane jfc

[16:41:10] Kiyo / 7♦: “so lucas what do you think about this lynch?”
[16:41:10] Kiyo / 7♦: “hHHHhhhhhh hHHHHHHHHHH HHHHhhhHHhh"
[16:41:36] lucasssss: "lucas i want u to bus me and lynch me this phase"
[16:41:39] lucasssss: "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
View user profile

263 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Kiyoko

Admin
I WAS QUESTION ASKER IN RP MAF TOO. I sent alca crazy logic puzzles framed as yes or no questions. Why do hosts think it's okay to give me this role

View user profile http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

264 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:41 pm

WOW THAT WAS A, HAH, WHAT A TRIP

AND ALSO OMG SHELDUCK THAT COMIC IS AMAZING WTF???? OMG I LOVED ALL THE-I LOVED EVERYTHING. i really liked the seto kaiba and the plottie-bear like f  uck that was great and adorable shit i'm so mad that comic is great i want it framed

also please note the picture nautilus included in my role description it's cute
nautilus wrote:
b&b role PM

………………………………

(RIGHT HERE RIGHT HERE CLICK THIS RIGHT HERE)

[The mime starts off as vanilla. At any point in the game, the mime can choose to copy the power of one player that is dead, regardless of alignment. The mime will then gain that player’s power for the rest of the game.]

You are the MIME. You are TOWN.

i can finally post thing thing that's been sitting on a tab for days now

265 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Ninfia's PM:

b&b role PM

A dusty room. The light flickering from a lamp above you. You remember the woman smiling from across the table. A shadowy man in the background with red eyes glowing in the darkness. A benefactor, the woman says. She goes on about money laundering and eldritch monsters, but details are lost in the haze.

They mention something about a contract… what contract? You remember the shadowy man congratulating your previous experience…

You wake up from the same dream you’ve always had. It’s time to get to work.

The room keeper is the only employee of the bed and breakfast to be found on the premises. They cannot be killed by traps (but can be killed by other methods).

At the start of every day phase, the room keeper will be given a list of all rooms that have been visited in the previous night phase. Rooms that have been visited by players will be deemed “dirty”, and the room keeper’s job is to clean them all up. The room keeper will also be informed of all of the rooms that are “dirty” (that is, rooms that have been visited at some point during the game).

Every night, the room keeper must choose a room to move to of the rooms listed in their day report as "dirty". If there is no one is the room, the room keeper will scrub the room clean, removing any traps… and any evidence. If the room keeper scrubs a room clean, the visit history and any traps present in the room will be erased permanently.**

The room keeper wins when the number of “dirty” rooms is equal to or less than half the number of players currently alive in the game, or if they survive until the end of the game.

You are the ROOM KEEPER. You are NEUTRAL.
You will not be assigned a room on N0, as you will not be present on the grounds on the first night. You will receive your assigned room on D1 and be able to name it then. Any actions directed at you will fail on N0.

**Clarifications added later on because Ninfia asked: her role will never show up on any visit reports because of her ability to erase presences, which is why it interferes with a lot of the investigative roles on the town side. She's basically a ghost. Can you kill a ghost.

It occurred to me that the first win is pretty much impossible unless everyone doubles up (though T3tsuya's role would've helped since it destroys rooms, removing them from her list), so uh, gunning for the second one.

But yeah, Lucas is getting at what I wanted this game to be like? A huge logic puzzle, haha. I scattered all of the investigative roles all over the town and broke them up.

View user profile

266 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Ok just read through the mafia doc and like ????????

When I signed up for this game I was really praying not to be mafia because it sounded like it would be kind of difficult to play on that side in this game particularly, but now I'M SUPER GLAD I'M TOWN HAHA WOW

But still, it really looks like you all tried as best as you could, and I think that's really admirable ; w ; Tiki and T3t were hilarious as always (especially the panicking A+++ :9), and AOZ, Eleni, and Chi were adorable. Everyone was adorable actually. Everyone.

It's also kind of cool how you guys silenced me and later killed me, in retrospect! A lot of my plans were ruined from the fallout of that silence, so there's that! :D Gold star stamps for everyone!!!

267 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 pm

...I just realized something. I'd joked before that the only person we hit with non-targeted abilities (in the case, the silence and an NK) was Blaire. But not only that...
We silenced the mime.

268 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:16 pm

⊙ v ⊙

269 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:50 pm

fashionably?? late to the party again because the forum didn't send me any notifications dammit

brb rolling in my grave the comic and all of the fanfiction they are all sorts of amazing??? props to everyone omg you're great

anyhow ty nautilus and everyone for a great game \o/ and omg ty maf team you were the best??? i still had a lot of fun despite all of our bad luck, seriously

ALSO ADDITIONAL PROPS TO TET you are A+++ at bs'ing prolifically, and Tiki, chinomi, and Alice, you were all fantastic too i'm sad i died early if only because i couldn't participate in maf shenanigans in the doc for longer

AliceofOz wrote:also whenever I type your name in all caps it looks like a crying kissy face. T3T
i......... can't even

edit
Mr. Alice wrote:But still, it really looks like you all tried as best as you could, and I think that's really admirable ; w ; Tiki and T3t were hilarious as always (especially the panicking A+++ :9), and AOZ, Eleni, and Chi were adorable. Everyone was adorable actually. Everyone.
RUNS AWAY

but yes. so much behind the scenes ridiculousness lmao

View user profile

270 Re: welcome to the b & b [TOWN WIN] on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:10 pm

THANKS FOR THE GAME GUYS!!! Sorry to mafia for having awful luck

ALSO YOUR COMIC!!! IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! i see a nose in there yes that is me

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum